Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Motivation

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How do you get motivated to do something on your days off ? I’m still on the sofa watching motivation videos on You Tube, to be honest they’ve worn me out.

Progress on my days off, is getting in the shower, then I think I’m really getting somewhere, now the days really starting. But I usually just get out the shower and have another brew.

I feel guilty when I just laze around on my days off, dunno why though, cause I can’t think of anything better.

So how do you get motivated or do you just procrastinate like me ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My days off are always full of stuff to do. I need more days off......

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

Plan it in - I'm very list orientated so having one compels me to tick off the things on it. If I've said start at 1130, I'll start at 1130. If I say at some point today, it'll never get done.

over a year ago

I usually have a few things to do so split my day into tasks and rewards. If I do something I can't be arsed with then I reward myself with a cuppa and some TV. Once thats done I'll do another task then something else nice.

Also music helps.

over a year ago

depends on who you are.

im very driven in my business and most things i do.

can leave you feeling frustrated when things dont go the way you planned but i counter that by working out hard or riding bikes.

over a year ago

I struggle to get motivated and it's fatal to sit down on the sofa.

Once I do get motivated I put on my music and I get lots done.

over a year ago

I say right, one more cup of tea and I'll start.

It's usually knowing that if I don't do it I'll be behind all week and that will irk me, so I bite the bullet and steam in.

I have been telling myself I'll sort out and clean my kitchen cupboards one weekend, but I haven't had a weekend free to do it yet.

Next weekend it is then

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman
over a year ago

stourbridge area

Im still sat in my pjs .... watching cookery programmes

over a year ago

As soon as I log on here any plans I had are doomed. So I guess this means another cuppa then and feet up.

over a year ago

I just do it. If I think about it I put it off.

Saying that, I'm sat in a cafe reading the forums when I should be out buying bread.

By *layfulfoxMan
over a year ago

nowhere

"How do you get motivated to do something on your days off ? I’m still on the sofa watching motivation videos on You Tube, to be honest they’ve worn me out.

Progress on my days off, is getting in the shower, then I think I’m really getting somewhere, now the days really starting. But I usually just get out the shower and have another brew.

I feel guilty when I just laze around on my days off, dunno why though, cause I can’t think of anything better.

So how do you get motivated or do you just procrastinate like me ? "

At the minute I procrastinate an awful lot, I have lost my mojo, motivation the lot. My life is busy so when I get days to myself I do the same as you do and then feel guilty around mid afternoon when I feel I have wasted the day.

Need to snap out of it sharpish

over a year ago

There’s always stuff to be done. So I just do it.

over a year ago

"How do you get motivated to do something on your days off ? I’m still on the sofa watching motivation videos on You Tube, to be honest they’ve worn me out.

At the minute I procrastinate an awful lot, I have lost my mojo, motivation the lot. My life is busy so when I get days to myself I do the same as you do and then feel guilty around mid afternoon when I feel I have wasted the day.

Need to snap out of it sharpish"

Nah fuck feeling guilty. I make a list of things I have to do. One of those will be 'sit on the sofa eating Pringles watching films and relaxing'.

If you're busy all the time you need some down time too.

over a year ago

When im lacking in energy I put two table spoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass.

Little bit of water and down it in one.

In time reduces sugar levels which can make you feel tired and run down.

Taste isn't great but I've found it helps restore myself to a natural level

By *layfulfoxMan
over a year ago

nowhere

Nah fuck feeling guilty. I make a list of things I have to do. One of those will be 'sit on the sofa eating Pringles watching films and relaxing'.

If you're busy all the time you need some down time too. "

I'm a single parent that works shifts and studies. Doing nothing does make you feel guilty, yet being motivated to always do something is hard too.

Like you want to switch off but when you do then you rue the fact you wasted time not doing anything productive. There's exercise, reading house chores etc.

over a year ago

I'm a single parent that works shifts and studies. Doing nothing does make you feel guilty, yet being motivated to always do something is hard too.

Like you want to switch off but when you do then you rue the fact you wasted time not doing anything productive. There's exercise, reading house chores etc. "

Dont think of it as time wasted. Everyone has to stop at some point. Schedule it in as 'doing nothing' time if it needs a label or a purpose. X

By *layfulfoxMan
over a year ago

nowhere

Like you want to switch off but when you do then you rue the fact you wasted time not doing anything productive. There's exercise, reading house chores etc.

Dont think of it as time wasted. Everyone has to stop at some point. Schedule it in as 'doing nothing' time if it needs a label or a purpose. X"

But then when scheduling it I can always find something more important to fill that slot

over a year ago

Dont think of it as time wasted. Everyone has to stop at some point. Schedule it in as 'doing nothing' time if it needs a label or a purpose. X

But then when scheduling it I can always find something more important to fill that slot"

Imagine that is the most important I can see you might need tying to a chair to get you to stop

By *layfulfoxMan
over a year ago

nowhere

But then when scheduling it I can always find something more important to fill that slot

Imagine that is the most important I can see you might need tying to a chair to get you to stop "

Is that an offer?

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

So how do you get motivated or do you just procrastinate like me ? "

Try getting motivated when it’s been almost ten months of doing fuck all !

It’s as much as I can muster to go for a walk which is vital or I would be the size of a house by now !

Procrastination rules ok

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Got motivated. Cycled 40 miles. Had a bacon sandwich, cooked a beef stew, currently basking in a smug afterglow. Listening to shite on 6 Music.

over a year ago

Tame Impala, are you the Aussie psych / prog band?

Post new Message to Thread