Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Parasites

Jump to newest

By *ensualbicock OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

What outdated practice royalty is ....No money for NHS but loads to send Harry and Meghan around the world ....What a fucking farce ...fuckemoff !

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"What outdated practice royalty is ....No money for NHS but loads to send Harry and Meghan around the world ....What a fucking farce ...fuckemoff !"

I just cant understand people who love them its basically stockholm sydrome

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

They'll spout the brings in loads of tourism garbage.

Turn Buckingham palace into a museum, charge for entry and you'll still have your tourism.

over a year ago

I’m no Royalist and I totally get the point you make, but it’s 69p per year per UK taxpayer to support the Royal Family.

The NHS costs roughly £2,200 per person per annum.

(According to my interweb searches!)

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"I’m no Royalist and I totally get the point you make, but it’s 69p per year per UK taxpayer to support the Royal Family.

"

No one asked me if I want to fund the lavish lifestyle of a multi billionaire family (of German origin). It's quite bizzare that people accept that this bunch of scroungers have some magic bloodline that somehow how makes them superior.

over a year ago

"I’m no Royalist and I totally get the point you make, but it’s 69p per year per UK taxpayer to support the Royal Family."

It's £369m just to refurbish the palace, nevermind the rest.

over a year ago

"They'll spout the brings in loads of tourism garbage.

Turn Buckingham palace into a museum, charge for entry and you'll still have your tourism. "

I think people already do pay to look around Buckingham Palace.

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

And who would be head of state? Mrs May

I am no royalist but I think they do serve a purpose, I understand people might not like but I dont mind them

over a year ago

"And who would be head of state? Mrs May

I am no royalist but I think they do serve a purpose, I understand people might not like but I dont mind them "

Same here

over a year ago

"I’m no Royalist and I totally get the point you make, but it’s 69p per year per UK taxpayer to support the Royal Family.

(According to my interweb searches!)"

The NHS is being badly abused though by the big pharma and the doctors who are basically salesmen

My medicine is £15,000 per year and ive told them its a short term solution but there are people who have been on it for 25 years plus. They are quite happy to pump me full of shit without knowing the side effects whilst draining the nhs resources and making their own comission.

I recently said to my rheumatologist that if myself and say 4 or 5 patients said the money u are putting into th pharma industry could you use it to fund more physios. And he looked at me like i had just said.. gis a feel of ur balls there mate. I have an infusion every 6 weeks and a 45min physio appointment is £35 privately. For £15,000 i could have 428 physio sessions which is 1 a day with a bonus 1 every week..

Even if I had one every other day for each week, after a year id be so much better the nhs would be saving 15k for the next 10-20 years so approx £250-300,000.

The problem is they want you to stay sick as its run like a business.

This post title parasites is appropriate. I have an inside perspective as i worked there for 3 years and i seen corruption at every level. Notes getting ammended when paitients requested them. Information being destroyed and tip off when inspectors were due.

Sorry for the rant haha

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"What outdated practice royalty is ....No money for NHS but loads to send Harry and Meghan around the world ....What a fucking farce ...fuckemoff !"
You dont like them , other people do

over a year ago

The palace is owned by the public not the royal family therefore repairs come from the public purse

over a year ago

Lots of unwanted things we are forced to pay for cost just a few pennies a year - the minimal cost still doesn't make it right, and those pennies add up. I don't dislike the royal family, but I firmly believe they have enough money to support themselves.

over a year ago

I am no royalist but I think they do serve a purpose, I understand people might not like but I dont mind them

Same here "

If she stood up for her people and over ruled parliament etc then id love her. Aparantley she has no power to do so.. is this correct?

Look at their history. They got to where they are by murdering and invading.. lovely

over a year ago

How much does the U.K. make by having a royal family? Think of tourism.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

I am no royalist but I think they do serve a purpose, I understand people might not like but I dont mind them "

They are a bunch of inbred imbeciles (wearing their nazi uniforms at parties and actually linked to the Nazi's in Phillip's case).

If we want ahead of state we can easily elect one. Then we have a choice (and just pay for one) rather than pay for the upkeep of this lot including the weddings of the likes of Beatrice or whatever she is called.

over a year ago

Lots of unwanted things we are forced to pay for cost just a few pennies a year - the minimal cost still doesn't make it right, and those pennies add up. I don't dislike the royal family, but I firmly believe they have enough money to support themselves."

Thats it mate spot on. They should support themselves.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

No one asked me if I want to fund the lavish lifestyle of a multi billionaire family (of German origin). It's quite bizzare that people accept that this bunch of scroungers have some magic bloodline that somehow how makes them superior.

"

No one asked me if I wanted to fund single mums, the lazy, those in social housing, health tourist, politicians second homes, refugees etc, but here I am.

I could care less about the royal family, and people will flock here royal family or not, but I do find it "disturbing" the hatred towards the royal family and Meghan in particular.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"How much does the U.K. make by having a royal family? Think of tourism. "

This claim is untrue and irrelevant. Even VisitBritain, our national tourist agency, can't find any evidence for it.

Chester Zoo, Stonehenge and the Roman Baths are all more successful tourist attractions than Windsor Castle, which is the only occupied royal residence to attract visitors in large numbers. If Windsor Castle was included in the Association of Leading Visitor Attractions (ALVA) list of top attractions it would come in at number 24.

Research shows that tourists come here for our world class museums, beautiful scenery, fantastic shopping and captivating history - not because they might catch a glimpse of Prince Andrew. In a republic, royal properties such as Buckingham Palace would be open all year round, so visitors that do want to explore our royal heritage would have even more opportunity to do so.

But, even if the claim were true, do we really want the whims of visiting tourists to determine what kind of political system we have?

over a year ago

I'll take a monarchy any day over a republic.

You only have to look at that orangutan president across the pond........ And he's cost us already

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"The palace is owned by the public not the royal family therefore repairs come from the public purse "

So let’s put the homeless public in there !!!!

over a year ago

They are a bunch of inbred imbeciles (wearing their nazi uniforms at parties and actually linked to the Nazi's in Phillip's case).

If we want ahead of state we can easily elect one. Then we have a choice (and just pay for one) rather than pay for the upkeep of this lot including the weddings of the likes of Beatrice or whatever she is called."

Philip wasn’t a Nazi, his sister was married to one but he wasn’t one himself.

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

The NHS would be fine if it didn't leach millions each year into pointless ventures, bureaucracy and layers of management that do nothing except justifying their own existence.

That rants over...

The royals however do bring more into the uk than they cost, they work as ambassadors for charitable organisations and for the Uk as a whole and they are as much a part of Britain as fish and chips or red routemaster buses..

Worth every penny, all 69pence a year.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"The palace is owned by the public not the royal family therefore repairs come from the public purse "
. Again conning the system. The Queen has quite the property portfolio of her own, owning multiple buildings, some in Birmingham.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"No one asked me if I wanted to fund single mums, the lazy, those in social housing, health tourist, politicians second homes, refugees etc, but here I am.

"

But you and everyone else gets to vote on a government that makes those policies. However, you or I don't get to vote on the UK's biggest family of benefit's claimants.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Lots of unwanted things we are forced to pay for cost just a few pennies a year - the minimal cost still doesn't make it right, and those pennies add up. I don't dislike the royal family, but I firmly believe they have enough money to support themselves.

Thats it mate spot on. They should support themselves."

A lot of people should support themselves but don't!

over a year ago

I'd vote for any party that gave me a referendum on voting to remove the royals...

I think Queenie is the final royal to sit on that throne ..

over a year ago

"The palace is owned by the public not the royal family therefore repairs come from the public purse

So let’s put the homeless public in there !!!!"

Ive always wanted to get like 1000 homeless people together an get them to camp out on the lawn of buckingham palace and shame the country into adressing the problem instead of treating them like stray dogs

over a year ago

Right !!......I've got me pitchfork , who's with me lol

over a year ago

No one asked me if I wanted to fund single mums, the lazy, those in social housing, health tourist, politicians second homes, refugees etc, but here I am.

I could care less about the royal family, and people will flock here royal family or not, but I do find it "disturbing" the hatred towards the royal family and Meghan in particular."

over a year ago

If the previous claim that the Royal Family costs each taxpayer 69p a year is true then it seems to me that any call to have it abolished on the grounds of expense is nothing more than miserly and mean spirited.

I am a Royalist, always have been, and i love them to bits. As far as i'm concerned they're worth every penny, gor bless 'em. They are part of the reason we can still put the Great in Great Britain.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm no raging royalist but the crown represents a lot of what makes us British in our traditions and I've also taken an oath of allegiance to the crown. The day I'm asked to take an oath of allegiance directly to the likes of Corbyn or May is the day I hand my kit in.

By *DFL6828Man
over a year ago

Leicester

Ive read all the posts... But no 1 person has said what is going on in Australia at the moment... The Invictace games. For this who don't know what it is. It's a games that injured service personnel Take part in. From around the world. The Americas had a think called the veterans games ( I think it was called) but was only for American service personnel.. He took the concept and developed it to what it is now. No I'm not a Royalist but I do like Harry cos he put his arse on the line in Afghanistan, same as I did and he is pro military. I think he is a good bloke

over a year ago

"If the previous claim that the Royal Family costs each taxpayer 69p a year is true then it seems to me that any call to have it abolished on the grounds of expense is nothing more than miserly and mean spirited.

I am a Royalist, always have been, and i love them to bits. As far as i'm concerned they're worth every penny, gor bless 'em. They are part of the reason we can still put the Great in Great Britain."

You pay for me then ....why should I ?

over a year ago

"If the previous claim that the Royal Family costs each taxpayer 69p a year is true then it seems to me that any call to have it abolished on the grounds of expense is nothing more than miserly and mean spirited.

I am a Royalist, always have been, and i love them to bits. As far as i'm concerned they're worth every penny, gor bless 'em. They are part of the reason we can still put the Great in Great Britain.

You pay for me then ....why should I ?"

If you don't like it you can always emigrate. I hear the People's Republic of Congo is nice this time of year.

over a year ago

You pay for me then ....why should I ?"

You could apply that to everything the tax system pays for couldn’t you? Unfortunately the tax system doesn’t work on a ‘tick box’ system where we can select only those areas we believe in.

I resent having to pay more Council Tax each year to cover the shortfall from people in the Borough that didn’t pay last year, for example, but I still have to!

Others might say the same of overseas aid, investment in the arts, in space technology etc ..

over a year ago

You could apply that to everything the tax system pays for couldn’t you? Unfortunately the tax system doesn’t work on a ‘tick box’ system where we can select only those areas we believe in.

I resent having to pay more Council Tax each year to cover the shortfall from people in the Borough that didn’t pay last year, for example, but I still have to!

Others might say the same of overseas aid, investment in the arts, in space technology etc .. "

Qiute and i can't believe people are mithering about such a small amount of money.

I've never been on the dole, have hardly ever bothered my local GP and pay my taxes on time. I don't mind stumping up so that others can get the help they need.

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

Personally despise the royal family. They serve no purpose but to swan about on holidays visiting people. The argument of how much tourism they bring in is a joke as it’s nowhere near how much we spend on the inbred idiots

Mrs

over a year ago

I'm not a fan but don't have anything against the royals and frankly don't care what they cost the taxpayer.

One thing has always bothered me though why do we have to bow and curtsy to them ?

Nobody is better than me on this planet and I'm no better than them.

I'm very big on equal rights so if they really want to move with the times perhaps that outdated superior class rubbish, should be abolished forever.

over a year ago

I am a Royalist, always have been, and i love them to bits. As far as i'm concerned they're worth every penny, gor bless 'em. They are part of the reason we can still put the Great in Great Britain."

Absolutely this and no point me getting in a debate either as mind will never be changed.

over a year ago

Don't have a problem with the Royals..got better things to worry about in my life..

over a year ago

If you don't like it you can always emigrate. I hear the People's Republic of Congo is nice this time of year. "

That old chestnut of ..don't like it ..Why don't you fuck off out of my country to some dictatorship or Maoist hell hole ...Classic savage response ..

over a year ago

Same here

If she stood up for her people and over ruled parliament etc then id love her. Aparantley she has no power to do so.. is this correct?

Look at their history. They got to where they are by murdering and invading.. lovely"

If it wasn't them it would have been someone else.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

This is how Brexit happened. NHS is getting out of hand and the Royals are blamed? the EU is blamed?

Sorry but its the people who were voted for not managing it properly.There is so much wastage it's crazy. They do things to be kind to people, and then loads swarm to abuse it to get free stuff. Like taxi rides for example. You tell people you will pay for their taxi ride in, sounds good, sounds great, but then they get their brother the taxi driver to drive the scenic route in etc etc.

It needs an overhaul from top to bottom, with fresh ideas, and a will to push them through.

They said spending on the EU was costing the NHS that was a big pile of shit, leaving EU just costs money. Now spending on Royals costs the NHS money, if you got rid of them you would just have no Royal family and still a growing NHS problem.

I don't blame people for this, for years the UK goverment would point to the EU every time they had to do a shitty thing. It was really them doing it, but it was easy to point at the EU and say it is there fault. Everything that went well, they pointed at themselves to say it was there idea, even if it was an EU idea.

If you want to fix the NHS vote for someone who says "I'm gonna tackle the NHS", not "Lets leave the EU that will fix it", or "Lets boot the royals out, that will fix it".

over a year ago

Power to the people

Tooting popular front!

Wonder how many of the people slagging off the royals actually work and pay for their own meds?

over a year ago

TONY BENN

" In the course of my life , I have developed five democratic questions. If one meets a powerful person Adolf Hitler , Joseph Stalin or even Bill Gates . Ask them five questions

What power have you got ?

Where did you get it from ?

In whose interest do you exercise it ?

To whom are you accountable ?

And

How can we get rid of you ?

If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a Democratic society "

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Its estimated the royal family are a plus to the UK economy. Conservatively that is around £1.8bn a year, drawing in an additional £550m of tourism revenues a year, and an increase in trade, from the Royal Family acting as ambassadors, supposedly worth £150m a year.

You sound like a muppet if you really don't know the value of our biggest draw to the UK. When brexit goes tits up we will need this lot to help promote British products.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Some of the comments on this thread make me feel ashamed to be British .

I’ve said it before , and I’ll say it again . The Queen and the royal family are a major part of what makes Britain Great . They set a wonderful example , just look at how many days they spend working . Yes working , not holidaying !

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do . Representing this great country of ours , day in day out . I sure as hell wouldn’t want the haters representing me , that’s for sure .

over a year ago

The NHS is being badly abused though by the big pharma and the doctors who are basically salesmen

My medicine is £15,000 per year and ive told them its a short term solution but there are people who have been on it for 25 years plus. They are quite happy to pump me full of shit without knowing the side effects whilst draining the nhs resources and making their own comission.

I recently said to my rheumatologist that if myself and say 4 or 5 patients said the money u are putting into th pharma industry could you use it to fund more physios. And he looked at me like i had just said.. gis a feel of ur balls there mate. I have an infusion every 6 weeks and a 45min physio appointment is £35 privately. For £15,000 i could have 428 physio sessions which is 1 a day with a bonus 1 every week..

Even if I had one every other day for each week, after a year id be so much better the nhs would be saving 15k for the next 10-20 years so approx £250-300,000.

The problem is they want you to stay sick as its run like a business.

This post title parasites is appropriate. I have an inside perspective as i worked there for 3 years and i seen corruption at every level. Notes getting ammended when paitients requested them. Information being destroyed and tip off when inspectors were due.

Sorry for the rant haha"

So if you don’t like parasites, are you paying for your own meds?

over a year ago

"Some of the comments on this thread make me feel ashamed to be British .

I’ve said it before , and I’ll say it again . The Queen and the royal family are a major part of what makes Britain Great . They set a wonderful example , just look at how many days they spend working . Yes working , not holidaying !

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do . Representing this great country of ours , day in day out . I sure as hell wouldn’t want the haters representing me , that’s for sure ."

Not ashamed of Britain but then again I ain't proud to be British because I had no say in it

I,m proud of my own achievements not circumstance

over a year ago

"TONY BENN

" In the course of my life , I have developed five democratic questions. If one meets a powerful person Adolf Hitler , Joseph Stalin or even Bill Gates . Ask them five questions

What power have you got ?

Where did you get it from ?

In whose interest do you exercise it ?

To whom are you accountable ?

And

How can we get rid of you ?

If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a Democratic society " "

You should be in politics so I can not vote for you.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Some days on here I read such bollox. I have no words

over a year ago

Having skimmed through the thread, it's fairly evident that if we get rid of the Royal Family, there's still going to be a lot of angry people who won't feel better and will just get angry about something else.

over a year ago

There are some truly angry people on fab..

Oh well...posts like this make a great filter

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do . Representing this great country of ours , day in day out . I sure as hell wouldn’t want the haters representing me , that’s for sure .

Not ashamed of Britain but then again I ain't proud to be British because I had no say in it"

Wow you don't get a vote when the elections come round why not?

over a year ago

If you don't like it you can always emigrate. I hear the People's Republic of Congo is nice this time of year.

That old chestnut of ..don't like it ..Why don't you fuck off out of my country to some dictatorship or Maoist hell hole ...Classic savage response .. "

Don't forget to book early and save a fortune on flights. I know that's what's most important to you.

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do . Representing this great country of ours , day in day out . I sure as hell wouldn’t want the haters representing me , that’s for sure ."

over a year ago

Not ashamed of Britain but then again I ain't proud to be British because I had no say in it

Wow you don't get a vote when the elections come round why not?"

I meant I had no say where I was born

over a year ago

Who cares man iv given more than that to hobos

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

I meant I had no say where I was born "

No but you have a say in where you live you can emigrate many do who don't like the country they were born into.

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

"What outdated practice royalty is ....No money for NHS but loads to send Harry and Meghan around the world ....What a fucking farce ...fuckemoff !

I just cant understand people who love them its basically stockholm sydrome"

Its terrible! There people who take more out of society than contribute what is the UK coming to.

over a year ago

I meant I had no say where I was born

No but you have a say in where you live you can emigrate many do who don't like the country they were born into. "

over a year ago

"What outdated practice royalty is ....No money for NHS but loads to send Harry and Meghan around the world ....What a fucking farce ...fuckemoff !

I just cant understand people who love them its basically stockholm sydrome

Its terrible! There people who take more out of society than contribute what is the UK coming to. "

What people ? The royals

over a year ago

The Monarchy is funded (through the government) by The Crown Estate - land owned by the monarchy. The revenue from The Crown Estate goes to the government, the government then use 15% of this money to fund the Monarchy (raising to 25% to pay for increased costs and repairs)

Is it Tax payers money? Yes, because it cones from the govenment but it is generated by the Monarchy. If you want the Monarchy to pay for themselves then they could take back The Crown Estate and then the government would be worse off.

Am I a Royalist - not especially but look at the bigger picture.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"I'm no raging royalist but the crown represents a lot of what makes us British in our traditions and I've also taken an oath of allegiance to the crown. The day I'm asked to take an oath of allegiance directly to the likes of Corbyn or May is the day I hand my kit in."

I find that a strange argument. Whatever you think of May or Corbyn, they've been out there and got people to vote for them and can easily be voted out.

The Queen, on the other hand, is where she is purely and solely because of who her dad was.

Why would anyone think her position is morally superior to that of an elected politician?

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

"The Monarchy is funded (through the government) by The Crown Estate - land owned by the monarchy. The revenue from The Crown Estate goes to the government, the government then use 15% of this money to fund the Monarchy (raising to 25% to pay for increased costs and repairs)

Is it Tax payers money? Yes, because it cones from the govenment but it is generated by the Monarchy. If you want the Monarchy to pay for themselves then they could take back The Crown Estate and then the government would be worse off.

Am I a Royalist - not especially but look at the bigger picture. "

Me neither im not a Royalist but im not stupid I can see the advantages some people really don't see the bigger picture.

The royals are akin to Disneyworld and bring in the crowds if you asked anyone in the USA would they get rid of it they would launch and ask if we are insane.

over a year ago

I like the royal family.

Many senior royals have taken jobs to try to support themselves. Along with tourism they also do a lot to promote business investment in the U.K.

Much of the cost to support the royal family is spent on protection. Whether you like them or not they are targets for terrorism and it would be pretty mean spirited to wish them dead.

One last thing, the prince's have done tremendous amounts to promote mental health awareness, especially among young men. When you consider that suiciide is the bigges cause of death in males under the age of 40, they should be lauded not derided. IMO

over a year ago

"I'm no raging royalist but the crown represents a lot of what makes us British in our traditions and I've also taken an oath of allegiance to the crown. The day I'm asked to take an oath of allegiance directly to the likes of Corbyn or May is the day I hand my kit in.

I find that a strange argument. Whatever you think of May or Corbyn, they've been out there and got people to vote for them and can easily be voted out.

The Queen, on the other hand, is where she is purely and solely because of who her dad was.

Why would anyone think her position is morally superior to that of an elected politician? "

You’ve never served or taken the oath of allegiance have you?

over a year ago

Same here

Look at their history. They got to where they are by murdering and invading.. lovely"

She has the power to get rid of any politician

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

"I'm no raging royalist but the crown represents a lot of what makes us British in our traditions and I've also taken an oath of allegiance to the crown. The day I'm asked to take an oath of allegiance directly to the likes of Corbyn or May is the day I hand my kit in.

Why would anyone think her position is morally superior to that of an elected politician? "

Because it means that the military doesn't necessarily have to have any allegiance to a politician of any party, look at what "Eid auf den Führer" led to when Hitler made the Wehrmacht swear allegiance to him rather than the country...

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

With brexit around the corner ,do we all think that this trip is just a jolly . No its forging new relationships and business potential . im no lover of the royals but harry is a bit left field . But as for the like of princess Beatrice and Eugenies and andy and edward . Get a fxxxxxg job and stop poncing of the state

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

Why would anyone think her position is morally superior to that of an elected politician?

Because it means that the military doesn't necessarily have to have any allegiance to a politician of any party, look at what "Eid auf den Führer" led to when Hitler made the Wehrmacht swear allegiance to him rather than the country..."

The Americans and the French swear allegiance to their presidents and they seem to do ok.

Why not use sweat to serve the British people rather than an individual?

over a year ago

Because it means that the military doesn't necessarily have to have any allegiance to a politician of any party, look at what "Eid auf den Führer" led to when Hitler made the Wehrmacht swear allegiance to him rather than the country...

The Americans and the French swear allegiance to their presidents and they seem to do ok.

Why not use sweat to serve the British people rather than an individual? "

Except Florida’s national guard they swear allegence to the govener.

The rest of the us armed forces swear allegence to the constitution and to obey the orders of whoever happens to be prez at the time. Not actual loyalty to the prez.

"I, (state name of enlistee), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

over a year ago

Oh yeah. And only legal orders ... uniform code an all

over a year ago

I can’t be arsed with who the surrender monkeys swear to, but the foreign legion sign this big ass bible sized contract.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

If we want ahead of state we can easily elect one. Then we have a choice (and just pay for one) rather than pay for the upkeep of this lot including the weddings of the likes of Beatrice or whatever she is called."

Prince Phillip joined the British Navy aged 18 in 1939, and rose to the rank of Commander, leaving service in 1952. (13 years service, 5 of them in active service) During the Second World War he served with the Mediterranean and Pacific Fleets.

What have you done to serve your country?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"The Monarchy is funded (through the government) by The Crown Estate - land owned by the monarchy. The revenue from The Crown Estate goes to the government, the government then use 15% of this money to fund the Monarchy (raising to 25% to pay for increased costs and repairs)

Much too sensible an answer for this thread.

Long may they rein.

Coming from Johnny Foreigner like me I quite like them.

over a year ago

Can't stand them, their lifestyle or their Tim nice but dim faces. But I'm afraid you cannot sensibly argue they aren't a net benefit to the economy. Note I said sensibly, proven many times beyond doubt. Personally I would rather not have the money, but that's a pretty childish attitude.

over a year ago

" Much too sensible an answer for this thread.

Long may they rein.

Coming from Johnny Foreigner like me I quite like them. "

I have noticed that no one has said anything about the cost of them since then lol

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

"I'll take a monarchy any day over a republic.

You only have to look at that orangutan president across the pond........ And he's cost us already "

This .

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

And this - a thoroughly sensible posting that the usual anti monarchy/leftie brigade never stop to consider.

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do ."

There is nothing inherently great about the UK other than for perhaps it's appetite for invading and colonising other countries.

As for the royals working, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Even if they did work why should they be entitled to riches, palaces and servants for a few hours work.

As for Eddie, you ever seen how many medals he wears? he must have seen some action in his two weeks in the marines.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

"

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do .

There is nothing inherently great about the UK other than for perhaps it's appetite for invading and colonising other countries.

As for the royals working, that's one of the funniest things I've ever read. Even if they did work why should they be entitled to riches, palaces and servants for a few hours work.

As for Eddie, you ever seen how many medals he wears? he must have seen some action in his two weeks in the marines. "

Harry flew an apache around afghan for a few tours - he chose to put himself in harm’s way for his country - big respect for that.

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

The landlords pay the tenants then? What a wheeze.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"The palace is owned by the public not the royal family therefore repairs come from the public purse

The landlords pay the tenants then? What a wheeze."

The landlord maintaining his or her property is fairly standard I think.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"

How many on the thread saying how they hate the royals would like to be forced to behave as the royal family do .

As for Eddie, you ever seen how many medals he wears? he must have seen some action in his two weeks in the marines. "

Philip has been carrying out royal duties for 63 years since marrying the Queen in November 1947.

Last year he fulfilled 326 engagements – a number beaten only by his wife, Prince Charles and Princess Anne.

Sounds pretty productive to me?

over a year ago

"

He’s only wearing jubilee medals and honoury titles, as most of the royal family are honoury colonels of one or more regiments, they can have the same time acquired tin everyone else gets.

Mind you two weeks in the marines is two weeks more than you

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"

And as another poster said , Prince Phillip served in the navy for over fifteen years . He’s something like 97 years old now and the Queen is in her 90s , and still they soldier on . Never complaining , always putting our interests first .

How you consider that the travelling they do and the countries they visit for over 320 days a year is a few hours work is beyond me , but hey ho .

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I wonder how many Great Grannies do what our Queen does at the age she is? That aside ... I think they’re a great institution adding value to our country. I don’t begrudge the pennies we pay. Take them away and the gap will be felt.

over a year ago

If the queen came to my mothers house for a cup of tea , my mother is not allowed to speak to the queen till the queen spoke to her ....what a fucking joke ...and most of you believe this is right ?....I just don,t get it

over a year ago

"If the queen came to my mothers house for a cup of tea , my mother is not allowed to speak to the queen till the queen spoke to her ....what a fucking joke ...and most of you believe this is right ?....I just don,t get it "

It’s etiquette/ protocol. I don’t think they’ll jail you for it in all reality!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"

No one asks you to stay in a country where you are unhappy with the tax system. Perhaps you should find a better one?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"If the queen came to my mothers house for a cup of tea , my mother is not allowed to speak to the queen till the queen spoke to her ....what a fucking joke ...and most of you believe this is right ?....I just don,t get it "

But the Queen would speak to your Mother obviously if she went to her house. I’m not sure I understand your point.

over a year ago

"If the queen came to my mothers house for a cup of tea , my mother is not allowed to speak to the queen till the queen spoke to her ....what a fucking joke ...and most of you believe this is right ?....I just don,t get it

It’s etiquette/ protocol. I don’t think they’ll jail you for it in all reality! "

But is it right ....we're all equall aren't we ?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Worked great in America huh.... Trump....

over a year ago

"If the queen came to my mothers house for a cup of tea , my mother is not allowed to speak to the queen till the queen spoke to her ....what a fucking joke ...and most of you believe this is right ?....I just don,t get it

It’s etiquette/ protocol. I don’t think they’ll jail you for it in all reality! "

She’d be introduced hello to everyone.

Don’t take her out to dinner without Phil either, by tradition she don’t carry money

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

But is it right ....we're all equall aren't we ?"

Quite clearly we are not all equal.

Some people are more intelligent, athletic, richer etc than others.

Every day I see people who for one reason or another better than me and I see people that are not as good as me.

In fact some of them appear to be a step or two behind in the evolutionary scale...

over a year ago

But the Queen would speak to your Mother obviously if she went to her house. I’m not sure I understand your point. "

Why would anyone have the temerity to expect people to keep silent in their own home ...it's my mothers house

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

Like any dynasty that gets to the top of the food chain, they do whatever is necessary to retain their privelege and power.

The Battenburgs and their predecessors have been very shrewd over time. There was a time when they functioned like a totalitarian dictatorship. Most countries overthrew such dynasties in violent overthrow and declared republics. France, the USA, Russia, China, to name a few.

Here, every time the public got pissed off with them, they ceded power in exchange for retention of their hereditary privelege.

Our political system continues to built around a doff-the-cap hierarchy, however.

The present occupant of the throne has kept the pantomime going very well. They are masters of public relations, of shaping their image and reputation to retain public fondness.

I have nothing against them personally.

In an age of equality, however, they are an anachronism, a relic of an era long gone.

They certainly posses enough wealth to continue their aristocratic pantomime as a private family.

In a society that considers itself a meritocracy, the royal family and its hereditary privelege is the antithesis of that.

over a year ago

And you've only just noticed this country f€£ked up lol

over a year ago

"They'll spout the brings in loads of tourism garbage.

Turn Buckingham palace into a museum, charge for entry and you'll still have your tourism. "

That's what Prince Charles wants to do when he is King... He wants the monarchy to be free of tax payers money

over a year ago

Don’t take her out to dinner without Phil either, by tradition she don’t carry money

"

You heard of Bill Hicks matec?

over a year ago

You heard of Bill Hicks matec?"

No never.

over a year ago

No never.

"

Listen and George carlin and a bit of Doug Stanhope

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

But is it right ....we're all equall aren't we ?"

Of course we aren’t all equal !

There are richer people than me , there are poorer people than me , and those who are financially equal to me too . Taller , shorter , fatter , thinner , more intelligent and less so too . But no one is exactly equal to me or anyone else .

There was a thread the other day talking about the class system , and should we do away with it . Most said yes , but those same people wouldn’t necessarily want to do away with the royal family . To think that they are fortunate is not the case at all . The royal family have a duty and an obligation to represent us in every other country in the world , and they do so quietly and in a dignified manner .

By *ariahCouple
over a year ago

Whitchurch

If we want ahead of state we can easily elect one. Then we have a choice (and just pay for one) rather than pay for the upkeep of this lot including the weddings of the likes of Beatrice or whatever she is called.

Philip wasn’t a Nazi, his sister was married to one but he wasn’t one himself. "

Phil was definitely not a nazi, look up his war record do your research before coming out with stupid statements.

over a year ago

Why we can't speak to them before they speak to us ....that's fascism , look it up

over a year ago

No never.

Listen and George carlin and a bit of Doug Stanhope "

Thought if you liked Hicks you’d recognise humour... my bad

over a year ago

"Why we can't speak to them before they speak to us ....that's fascism , look it up "

Fascism is a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

I did look it up!

It is not etiquette which gives you the rules for conduct when you are in the company of royalty!

By *orty-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Leyland

[Removed by poster at 25/10/18 22:50:14]

By *ariahCouple
over a year ago

Whitchurch

"Why we can't speak to them before they speak to us ....that's fascism , look it up "
I suggest you look it up

Fascism (/'fæ??z?m/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy,[5] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[6] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries.

over a year ago

"Why we can't speak to them before they speak to us ....that's fascism , look it up I suggest you look it up

Fascism (/'fæ??z?m/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism,[1][2][3][4] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy,[5] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[6] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries."

The queen is BORN into power , has a say over everything ?....what's authoritarian mean ?

over a year ago

"The queen is BORN into power , has a say over everything ?....what's authoritarian mean ?"

The Queen is born into the monarchy which has a certain amount of power and privilege - it does not give her absolute power over everything. She does not govern the country ... that would be the Government which is elected by the people.

This thread started off about money, but the The Crown Estate pays into the economy £300m + a year and getsvonly 25% of that back to pay for the monarchy. So it’s not a money thing.

Then we move on to power/facism - the Monarchy is not fascism ... we live in a democracy, I know that because I went to vote.

However you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that - but please get the facts straight when justifying your opinion.

over a year ago

"The queen is BORN into power , has a say over everything ?....what's authoritarian mean ?

The Queen is born into the monarchy which has a certain amount of power and privilege - it does not give her absolute power over everything. She does not govern the country ... that would be the Government which is elected by the people.

This thread started off about money, but the The Crown Estate pays into the economy £300m + a year and getsvonly 25% of that back to pay for the monarchy. So it’s not a money thing.

Then we move on to power/facism - the Monarchy is not fascism ... we live in a democracy, I know that because I went to vote.

However you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that - but please get the facts straight when justifying your opinion. "

And respect everyone's opinions mate , I just disagree. You can,t have a democracy with a monarchy , it's one other the other . The monarchy undermines the democracy surely . Know one should be born into power ..our true rulers should be rightly or wrongly voted in not someone by chance of birth ....Bankers are the true masters of the world , but that's for another post

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"The queen is BORN into power , has a say over everything ?....what's authoritarian mean ?

However you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that - but please get the facts straight when justifying your opinion.

And respect everyone's opinions mate , I just disagree. You can,t have a democracy with a monarchy , it's one other the other . The monarchy undermines the democracy surely . Know one should be born into power ..our true rulers should be rightly or wrongly voted in not someone by chance of birth ....Bankers are the true masters of the world , but that's for another post "

Modern Royalty in this country are figureheads, so the argument about democracy is invalid, they have no real power.

over a year ago

I'm off to listen to the sex pistols ...see ya

over a year ago

"And respect everyone's opinions mate , I just disagree. You can,t have a democracy with a monarchy , it's one other the other . The monarchy undermines the democracy surely . Know one should be born into power ..our true rulers should be rightly or wrongly voted in not someone by chance of birth ....Bankers are the true masters of the world , but that's for another post "

But we do have a Democracy and Monarchy!

Everyone is born into power by some degree or another. We are born into the economical/social circle that our parents are in, as an individual you can change that - but we are all born into a certain set of circumstance.

Our rulers (the government) are voted into power.

I do respect your opinion, I am just pointing out how flawed your argument is for that opinion.

over a year ago

The queen can get rid of any head of state

over a year ago

"The queen can get rid of any head of state "

Nope - The Queen is a head of state. She can abdicate but then we get a new head of state.

The Queen cannot get rid of any head of state - she has no power of other royal families.

over a year ago

The queen can get rid of any prime minister or politician if she so wishes ,...that to me makes her in charge , not who we vote in

By *artytwoCouple
over a year ago

Wolverhampton

The russians had the right idea in July 1918.

over a year ago

"The queen can get rid of any prime minister or politician if she so wishes ,...that to me makes her in charge , not who we vote in "

Yes she does hold those powers - but that does not make her in charge. The Royal Perogative is part of our constitutional monarchy, it remains in place to protect our democracy. The Queen can inact those powers to prevent our democracy turning into a dictatorship, if we did not have that then we run the risk of Germany in the 1930 - an elected official seizing power and becoming a dictator.

It does not make her “in charge”, it gives her certain powers and privileges.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"The queen can get rid of any prime minister or politician if she so wishes ,...that to me makes her in charge , not who we vote in "

No, she cant.

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but its wrong.

Everything that the Queen does is ceremonial, none of it actually means anything.

over a year ago

Yes she can

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/10/18 23:44:41]

over a year ago

"Yes she can "

She has the right to those powers, just like you have the right to play sport for your country. Whether you ever enact that right is another matter.

over a year ago

Been nice reading back through this post . Lot of people can't take a difference of opinion and get a bit nasty lol ..thanks to those who didn't .....until Fractional reserve banking post !.....keep reading peeps

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

But the Queen would speak to your Mother obviously if she went to her house. I’m not sure I understand your point.

Why would anyone have the temerity to expect people to keep silent in their own home ...it's my mothers house "

I think you’re taking that to the extreme there. You’re not expected to keep silent as such, it’s simply the style, the protocol as someone has said. It’s a traditional approach. After reading the thread though it would probably be best not to have the Queen to visit you

over a year ago

Why would anyone have the temerity to expect people to keep silent in their own home ...it's my mothers house

I think you’re taking that to the extreme there. You’re not expected to keep silent as such, it’s simply the style, the protocol as someone has said. It’s a traditional approach. After reading the thread though it would probably be best not to have the Queen to visit you "

over a year ago

I think you’re taking that to the extreme there. You’re not expected to keep silent as such, it’s simply the style, the protocol as someone has said. It’s a traditional approach. After reading the thread though it would probably be best not to have the Queen to visit you "

Lol , good job I weren't born into power innit

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I think you’re taking that to the extreme there. You’re not expected to keep silent as such, it’s simply the style, the protocol as someone has said. It’s a traditional approach. After reading the thread though it would probably be best not to have the Queen to visit you

Lol , good job I weren't born into power innit "

I’m going to go with ‘yes’

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"The russians had the right idea in July 1918."

Really???

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Same.

If it's only 69p each that's fine with me. Wouldn't bother me if it was £5 per person.

I don't love them, I don't hate them either. I suppose they don't bother me

over a year ago

Grow up, is that the only issue you've got. Let me put you at ease, the Queen will not be visiting you or your mums house, so you'll never have to suffer that massive outrage.

over a year ago

Lol , good job I weren't born into power innit "

But then you would have had a good education and might think completely differently.

over a year ago

"The russians had the right idea in July 1918.

Really???

"

Look how well that all turned out.

By *VBethTV/TS
over a year ago

Chester

All this anger over 69p each is so funny. There are many more things worth being angry over. I'd like to know how much of the NHS budget goes on repaying those monumentally stupid and short sighted PFI deals for new hospitals for example or why sentencing for crime is so crap....watch any programme about crime and see all these people getting suspended sentences and fines they'll never pay. Get angry about important things if you must get angry at all.

I like the pomp and ceremony of the Royal family, it certainly draws the crowds (many of whom are tourists).

They pay upkeep on the residences they own and I don't see why they should pay for repairs on their workplace. The Queens working residence is Buckingham Palace but it's owned by the nation. If someone told me I had to pay for repairs to my office as it was getting old, they'd be told to get fucked!

over a year ago

Beth - I love that point of view. My work place is having several hundred million spent on it and if I was asked to dip my hand in my pocket they would be told to get fucked too.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman
over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Dont like them at all.

over a year ago

"The Queens working residence is Buckingham Palace but it's owned by the nation."

Try borrowing it when she's away.

By *VBethTV/TS
over a year ago

Chester

"The Queens working residence is Buckingham Palace but it's owned by the nation.

Try borrowing it when she's away."

Try and sleep in your local council offices....You can say the same for every public building.

over a year ago

"The Queens working residence is Buckingham Palace but it's owned by the nation.

Try borrowing it when she's away."

Try borrowing my office on my day off!

over a year ago

I daresay that all the anti everything brigade, will do their utmost to exploit every tax loop, claim everything, utilise all business grants and make as much money as they can whilst passing judgement on everyone else.

Get rid of them if it makes you happy but your life won't change one bit I'm guessing? Will you be happier? I doubt it!

over a year ago

"All this anger over 69p each is so funny. There are many more things worth being angry over. I'd like to know how much of the NHS budget goes on repaying those monumentally stupid and short sighted PFI deals for new hospitals for example or why sentencing for crime is so crap....watch any programme about crime and see all these people getting suspended sentences and fines they'll never pay. Get angry about important things if you must get angry at all.

I like the pomp and ceremony of the Royal family, it certainly draws the crowds (many of whom are tourists).

They pay upkeep on the residences they own and I don't see why they should pay for repairs on their workplace. The Queens working residence is Buckingham Palace but it's owned by the nation. If someone told me I had to pay for repairs to my office as it was getting old, they'd be told to get fucked!"

over a year ago

"Try borrowing my office on my day off! "

I often do borrow offices on staff days off - no chance with the palace tr7st me.

over a year ago

Trust*

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

My genuine thought is all humans are parasites

Some may be more or less but on a planetary human scale we all take more from the planet than we give back

I.e. humans are parasites not symbiotic

I'm a parasite I exploite other humans and the planet for my quality of life x

over a year ago

Did we elect Teresa may I don't mind the royal family, our royal family puts us on the map for a small island.

I love prince Philip, I think they are an alright bunch to be honest. They do alot of charity work etc.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

" I daresay that all the anti everything brigade, will do their utmost to exploit every tax loop, claim everything, utilise all business grants and make as much money as they can whilst passing judgement on everyone else.

Get rid of them if it makes you happy but your life won't change one bit I'm guessing? Will you be happier? I doubt it!"

My thoughts too!

over a year ago

Well said. The royals don't live the lives they want, they have a job to do. They don't have the freedom to just come and go as they please, they can't even voice their own opinions. The Queen cant even say her own thoughts in her Christmas Day speech. The princes served in the forces for starters which is admirable and that's something that a lot of us on here wouldn't even be capable of doing.,They bring revenue into our country and help to keep strong relations with foreign countries. The Royal family should be shown upmost respect. Great Britsinnwouldnt be anywhere near as great without them.

over a year ago

over a year ago

The NHS would be fine if it didn't leach millions each year into pointless ventures, bureaucracy and layers of management that do nothing except justifying their own existence.

That rants over...

The royals however do bring more into the uk than they cost, they work as ambassadors for charitable organisations and for the Uk as a whole and they are as much a part of Britain as fish and chips or red routemaster buses..

Worth every penny, all 69pence a year."

over a year ago

If you don't like it you can always emigrate. I hear the People's Republic of Congo is nice this time of year. "

Post new Message to Thread