Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Chronic Diseases and Fab

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Not sure I’ve seen this topic covered since I’ve been here (and before) but, how do you get along with having a chronic illness within Fab, have you had any nasty experiences involving others who have been extremely ignorant/ rude about it or have most been hospitable and completely understanding?

I myself suffering from one of the many types of Chronic Illnesses out there had these questions in my head.

Hope this doesn’t give me away in my area

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Not sure I’ve seen this topic covered since I’ve been here (and before) but, how do you get along with having a chronic illness within Fab, have you had any nasty experiences involving others who have been extremely ignorant/ rude about it or have most been hospitable and completely understanding?

I myself suffering from one of the many types of Chronic Illnesses out there had these questions in my head.

Hope this doesn’t give me away in my area "

I had Ulcerative colitis and now have an ilieostomy. Meets have to know about my bag. It also makes me prone to be odd access/fistula.

I've been on here a while and so far a grand total of nobody has minded.

over a year ago

"I had Ulcerative colitis and now have an ilieostomy. Meets have to know about my bag. It also makes me prone to be odd access/fistula.

I've been on here a while and so far a grand total of nobody has minded. "

That’s good to know that people accepted the change from the norm. I have a little of both relating to what you have but thankfully I never ended up with a bag. Certainly reassuring. Wish you all the best with all that and what it involves.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Surely it depends on what the illness is.

over a year ago

Statistically many will have chronic illnesses on Fab but most will be invisible so you’d never know.

I’m one of those.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I have a chronic illness, which is not obvious to see. However, it does leave me very breathless and exhausted a lot of the time.

I do tell potential meets, but just the basics. My partner knows what to do if I am ill, so looks after me when we are at a club etc.

over a year ago

"I have a chronic illness, which is not obvious to see. However, it does leave me very breathless and exhausted a lot of the time.

I do tell potential meets, but just the basics. My partner knows what to do if I am ill, so looks after me when we are at a club etc.

"

That’s good to hear you have someone who supports you with it, including while at clubs.

I am mostly on about the invisible kind.

over a year ago

I have a chronic illness and tell people about it on a need to know basis..so far it hasn't

made a bit of difference

There are lots of threads about chronic illness but some are more symptom specific

over a year ago

I have a couple of chronic illnesses which really limit me. I've found generally people are intolerant as i can't meet as i would like.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I have a chronic illness, which is not obvious to see. However, it does leave me very breathless and exhausted a lot of the time.

That’s good to hear you have someone who supports you with it, including while at clubs.

I am mostly on about the invisible kind. "

Mine is. Which is why I get funny looks for parking in blue badge spaces. Then I get my badge out..

over a year ago

I am mostly on about the invisible kind.

Mine is. Which is why I get funny looks for parking in blue badge spaces. Then I get my badge out.."

The stage of what my Crohns is at doesn’t allow me to have a blue badge, which would help massively.

I’m just waiting for the time when I finally get meets and the elephant in my head decides he wants to mess with my day while I’m enjoying myself. Hope people understand

over a year ago

I think fab is a chronic disease, I mean they say addiction is a disease

All jokes aside tho, I have a mental illness probably doesn't take a genius to see, and I believe visible or not, everyone is fighting some sort of battle daily, wether it be their own , or member of family, someone they care for xx

Post new Message to Thread