Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reinventing one selves

Jump to newest

By *ifty grades of shady OP   Couple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

How many here periodically reinvent themselves?

As the journey for us all goes on, do you think that there's part of you that having tried something different you might have the inclination to leave "the old you" behind and adjust your default possibilities to meet new ambitions.

For us we are re-evaluating what's next. We are comfortable in where we've been and feel that some changes are afoot. So we will at some point soon be altering our profile to make it more current and probably new pics will be done too.

We see lots of profiles that haven't changed and photos that were last added at the turn of the decade, their profile their way, we respect that.

But do you others like to change it up and fit with your current/latest mood or do you stick with the same patter?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I assume you mean on Fab as opposed to real life?

I think I’ve been pretty much the same as Dan. I did come back for a couple of very brief stints under a pseudonym when I knew I was neck deep in work projects so wouldn’t be able to meet, most people worked it out though!

My profile has changed periodically, not as an effort to reinvent or rebrand myself as such but just to freshen things up every now and then, but essentially I think I’m still the same.

over a year ago

"I assume you mean on Fab as opposed to real life?

I think I’ve been pretty much the same as Dan. I did come back for a couple of very brief stints under a pseudonym when I knew I was neck deep in work projects so wouldn’t be able to meet, most people worked it out though!

My profile has changed periodically, not as an effort to reinvent or rebrand myself as such but just to freshen things up every now and then, but essentially I think I’m still the same. "

That’s it, we aren't looking at wholesale changes, but maybe looking to be clearer about things, possibly add a fantasy or two, that sort of thing.

One thing we won't do is not be something that isn't us, we won't lie. Since having been doing this for a short while, we have learned a few things about us on this journey. It's good to know we know where we want to go, how we'd like to get there and with the kind of people we believe can offer something that is mutually gratifying.

We do like to revisit our past events (fab or not) and change up things that we think have gone stale.

I'm pretty sure that we've bypassed some account holders just because they've not invested a bit of themselves into their profiles since being here. Do it work for them, Who knows? It does nothing for us but we could be missing out on a lovely fabber who just don't market themselves.

over a year ago

"I assume you mean on Fab as opposed to real life?

My profile has changed periodically, not as an effort to reinvent or rebrand myself as such but just to freshen things up every now and then, but essentially I think I’m still the same.

That’s it, we aren't looking at wholesale changes, but maybe looking to be clearer about things, possibly add a fantasy or two, that sort of thing.

One thing we won't do is not be something that isn't us, we won't lie. Since having been doing this for a short while, we have learned a few things about us on this journey. It's good to know we know where we want to go, how we'd like to get there and with the kind of people we believe can offer something that is mutually gratifying.

We do like to revisit our past events (fab or not) and change up things that we think have gone stale.

I'm pretty sure that we've bypassed some account holders just because they've not invested a bit of themselves into their profiles since being here. Do it work for them, Who knows? It does nothing for us but we could be missing out on a lovely fabber who just don't market themselves. "

There's some really great people hiding behind crap profiles. (I don't mean me!) I've met some lovely people who have no public pics.

over a year ago

As for the OP... I change my profile quite often. It's interesting to see the difference in messages. Unfortunately the result was very negative for me and just confirmed what I already knew. So be careful what you change.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’ve been consistently me. I hide to take a break occasionally but I don’t feel a need to change in any way. I’m content doing my own thing.

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We've never changed our name...biring but easily remembered.

We do tweak the contents every so often, as things change.

Obviously we add new photos periodically too.

Nita

over a year ago

Two excellent points Stella heels, will take those on board before we go for it. Thanks

over a year ago

"We've never changed our name...biring but easily remembered.

We do tweak the contents every so often, as things change.

Obviously we add new photos periodically too.

Nita"

Again good points, little and now again versus bulk changes. Maybe bite the bullet then adopt this as a way forward. Thank you

over a year ago

Oh, the name stays... We like ours.

over a year ago

I changed my profile when I had a wobble and wasn't sure what I wanted or if I wanted to be here.

I'll change it if/when I decide to actively look to meet people.

over a year ago

Overall I've pretty much stayed the same, but I do change it as and when my needs change. It also changed when I had a couples profile, but I decided that being single works so much better for me.

over a year ago

My profile used to be an essay! Hardly anyone took any notice anyway so got it right down now.

over a year ago

I started out as a bog standard DMC-12

Post new Message to Thread