Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My friend

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My pal is being an insensitive wee shit lol

He’s telling me he wants to breakup with his girlfriend but can’t do it just now because she is at a low point, her family aren’t doing so great, she is falling behind at uni and with all this says my friend is the only stable thing in her life.

I told him he can’t keep stringing her along just because she is having a bad time, if he isn’t happy he should break up with her right?

Do you’s think he should break up with her now or wait till things get better?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Stringing things along and waiting to see if things work out rarely goes well. Imo it's best he pulls away now before she starts to depend on him more and more

over a year ago

That’s what I said. But he feels bad because she will feel a lot worse and worried it will cause her to fail uni

over a year ago

I wouldn't describe him as insensitive. He sounds like he is trying to be sensitive to her crisis, struggling to make a decision he feels is best for her.

over a year ago

Yeah true, maybe poor choice of words there.

over a year ago

As someone who has been there for others while they have been through crisis after crisis and been their crutch........it doesnt do you well. It begins to affect you mentally and eventually physically. It might sound harsh but imo he would be better to break it off and break it off quick.

over a year ago

I'd rather know than think he just stayed with me because things were bad else where in my life.

over a year ago

Yeah but he thinks he is being a nice guy, instead of breaking it off when things are shitty, be a good ‘friend’ get her through the tough times and when times get good then break it off.

Post new Message to Thread