FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Men you aren’t as useless as previously thought!!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I recently joined Bumble: dating app like tinder except that if you both swipe to like each other’s profile and ‘match’ the woman has to send the first message.

Well some of the messages that I have received have literally been one word or ‘how are things’ etc, so the same things that women complain about from men messaging on here.

It turns out that it isn’t men who are useless at this, just most humans!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’m pretty sure these girls ain’t shoving pictures of their minges in every 3rd message.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Question is it frustrating in there to not be able to message first especially if you see someone you like the look of.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I’m pretty sure these girls ain’t shoving pictures of their minges in every 3rd message. "

over a year ago

I managed to put up a new blind a few weeks ago and definitely almost made a girl climax once in 2011. So I concur, we’re not as useless as we’re sometimes portrayed. I blame the media.

over a year ago

I renovate property for a living and women always complain that their men are useless at DIY.They expect putting up mirrors, blinds or shelves to be part of a males skill set .

Just this week I put up a full length mirror as a favour that was gathering dust for 6 months after her husband failed numerous times to mount it .She was deliriously happy with me and then raged at her husband downstairs for being inadequate .I felt really bad for him as he was paying me .

over a year ago

"I recently joined Bumble: dating app like tinder except that if you both swipe to like each other’s profile and ‘match’ the woman has to send the first message.

Well some of the messages that I have received have literally been one word or ‘how are things’ etc, so the same things that women complain about from men messaging on here.

It turns out that it isn’t men who are useless at this, just most humans!"

I'm surprised that app works. No good for female ego's.

over a year ago

"I managed to put up a new blind a few weeks ago and definitely almost made a girl climax once in 2011. So I concur, we’re not as useless as we’re sometimes portrayed. I blame the media. "

over a year ago

Some men give a good whole body massage

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"I recently joined Bumble: dating app like tinder except that if you both swipe to like each other’s profile and ‘match’ the woman has to send the first message.

It turns out that it isn’t men who are useless at this, just most humans!"

Men pretending to be women

over a year ago

Men pretending to be women "

They wouldn’t...

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

I love a man that can.

over a year ago

Men aren't useless! When they portray useless they're just looking for a 'mummy' to sort it out for them....

I jest...maybe

Peach x

over a year ago

"Men aren't useless! When they portray useless they're just looking for a 'mummy' to sort it out for them....

I jest...maybe

Peach x"

Doh!! Rumbled

over a year ago

Probably!

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I receive a message on here from single ladies and couple's every now and then, it's rare it has anything more than a few words, certainly nothing that indicates they've read my profile other than looked at the pretty pictures.

Bumble I'm on the app, gotta say the odd times we match the messages are pretty much the same,

I've said it often the pictures attract me the words create the interest.

Step up your game ladies.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m rubbish at first messages which is part of the reason I don’t message it’s definitely not just men.

over a year ago

"I’m rubbish at first messages which is part of the reason I don’t message it’s definitely not just men. "

You should give yourself more credit.

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

"I receive a message on here from single ladies and couple's every now and then, it's rare it has anything more than a few words, certainly nothing that indicates they've read my profile other than looked at the pretty pictures.

Bumble I'm on the app, gotta say the odd times we match the messages are pretty much the same,

Step up your game ladies. "

By *rMrs_CCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth

I must have struck gold with Mr C then. He cooks, cleans, good at DIY, fab at ironing (military did that to him) and more importantly is a amazing dad.

He's available for hire on a hourly basis

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I receive a message on here from single ladies and couple's every now and then, it's rare it has anything more than a few words, certainly nothing that indicates they've read my profile other than looked at the pretty pictures.

Step up your game ladies. "

I've seen you on there.

over a year ago

"Men aren't useless! When they portray useless they're just looking for a 'mummy' to sort it out for them....

I jest...maybe

Peach x"

I wish i had learnt at an earlier age to hold back all of my domestic skills or fake my competence in them. Too late now lol ! Still couldn't fix a car though ! That is witchcraft !

By *mooth Operator 07Man
over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

I agree with the dating apps and the expectations from some women's profile, they expect you to write poetry in you're message. But i get a message from them, its hi, how are you or emoji.

I understand it can be difficult to send the right message, if you like the person and i personally have no problem with that. But i don't like double standards.

By *st 1972Man
over a year ago

Kingswinford

You can't take being useless away from us men, it's the only thing we do with any level of consistency

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

I've seen you on there."

I'm trying to think if I've seen you on there ...it's an age thing my memory isn't as good as it was.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I agree with the dating apps and the expectations from some women's profile, they expect you to write poetry in you're message. But i get a message from them, its hi, how are you or emoji.

I understand it can be difficult to send the right message, if you like the person and i personally have no problem with that. But i don't like double standards. "

I find with Bumble a lot of men don't write anything or it's just a few word's so it can be hard to write a personalised message maybe. It's no excuse I know.

over a year ago

"You can't take being useless away from us men, it's the only thing we do with any level of consistency "

over a year ago

"I’m rubbish at first messages which is part of the reason I don’t message it’s definitely not just men. "

I love the 'be original' line in messages. A conversation should begin with a hello. It's just as hard to tailor a message to a profile where the author of the profile doesn't even know what they have written. It is a fab lottery for a rollover !

over a year ago

Most of the messages I receive on bumble are just one word.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I've seen you on there.

I'm trying to think if I've seen you on there ...it's an age thing my memory isn't as good as it was. "

It's ok I'm not offended.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Most of the messages I receive on bumble are just one word. "

Do you get many dates from there?

By *onny69sMan
over a year ago

Donny

Your lucky I never got any. Just like here...

over a year ago

I’ve had a couple of dates from Bumble. Im having more success from Tinder at the moment.

over a year ago

"Question is it frustrating in there to not be able to message first especially if you see someone you like the look of."

I don’t find it frustrating, at least you know that the person actually wants to chat with you and you aren’t imposing on them.

over a year ago

Trust me im fare from useless

over a year ago

Ha ha! Damn...

over a year ago

I don't think men are useless. They have many uses for me

over a year ago

Are you only looking for sex on there?

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Question is it frustrating in there to not be able to message first especially if you see someone you like the look of.

I don’t find it frustrating, at least you know that the person actually wants to chat with you and you aren’t imposing on them. "

Ok that's good.

over a year ago

"Question is it frustrating in there to not be able to message first especially if you see someone you like the look of.

I don’t find it frustrating, at least you know that the person actually wants to chat with you and you aren’t imposing on them.

Ok that's good."

Ok, correction, it is slightly frustrating if you have matched with someone and they don’t message at all. Even just to say that they aren’t looking to meet at the moment or something would be better than nothing, just in terms of general courtesy.

over a year ago

"Most of the messages I receive on bumble are just one word.

Are you only looking for sex on there?"

A relationship which includes sex would be great.

By *ast_jjMan
over a year ago

Dublin and London

"I managed to put up a new blind a few weeks ago and definitely almost made a girl climax once in 2011. So I concur, we’re not as useless as we’re sometimes portrayed. I blame the media. "
Fake news!

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

Ok that's good.

Ok, correction, it is slightly frustrating if you have matched with someone and they don’t message at all. Even just to say that they aren’t looking to meet at the moment or something would be better than nothing, just in terms of general courtesy."

I might not be as proactive as some guys I only open the app when I get the notification someone has swiped right,..I feel it gives me the choice of yeyh or ney.. if we match I close the app and wait for the notification message arrived if not I don't sweat it.. frustration I leave for the guys on here who are looking for why don't folk reply read delete etc..

By *hrobbermanMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

It ain't women messaging you. They are bots behind a paywall.

Please get real.

over a year ago

I'm happy being considered useless. It makes it far easier to manage expectations...

over a year ago

"It ain't women messaging you. They are bots behind a paywall.

Please get real."

There are no conversations with actual humans? I don’t think this is ‘getting real’, just incorrect.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Ok that's good.

Ok, correction, it is slightly frustrating if you have matched with someone and they don’t message at all. Even just to say that they aren’t looking to meet at the moment or something would be better than nothing, just in terms of general courtesy."

Yes I was told by someone very few matches end up in a conversation. I must admit I've done it myself because the time runs out. I go and do something else then forget to message and puff they've gone.

over a year ago

Ok that's good.

Ok, correction, it is slightly frustrating if you have matched with someone and they don’t message at all. Even just to say that they aren’t looking to meet at the moment or something would be better than nothing, just in terms of general courtesy.

Yes I was told by someone very few matches end up in a conversation. I must admit I've done it myself because the time runs out. I go and do something else then forget to message and puff they've gone."

Ah, yes I can imagine that happens easily. I suppose the time thing is good as a prod to get on with it but you can’t then find the person again if it runs out.

By *naquest321Man
over a year ago

Carlisle

Fake news people.

over a year ago

From my experience on dating sites, many women's profiles say hardly anything about them but instead list what they want and don't want in a partner. It is hard to engage in a conversation based only on a list of expectations. I therefore dont bother to contact those ladies at all. Maybe if people want more than "Hey" they should make the effort to reveal a little more about them so interested parties have something to start a conversation with.

over a year ago

"Some men give a good whole body massage "

Yep, I happen to be one of them

over a year ago

If a man says he'll fix it ladies there's no need to remind him every 6 months

Post new Message to Thread