Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

100000 london march against brexit

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How much will the policing cost for this march?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How much will the policing cost for this march?"
Not sure, but it would be a lot.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The Brexit that people voted for isn’t the Brexit they’re going to get. It’s like thinking you’re buying a mansion and ending up with Tame Impala’s yurt.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan."

ever seen? how many marches have there been?

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"The Brexit that people voted for isn’t the Brexit they’re going to get. It’s like thinking you’re buying a mansion and ending up with Tame Impala’s yurt. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan."

Good. Hope it brings people to their senses . If there was another vote it would go the other way for sure I reckon.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I think people were mislead and no one realised in specifics how the rest of the EU would make it really difficult to leave so I think there should be another vote. Things have changed so much since the first referendum. I’m a firm remainer.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan.

Good. Hope it brings people to their senses . If there was another vote it would go the other way for sure I reckon. "

why bring too there senses?

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

Of course there should be another vote.

One day Brexiters will wake up and realise that they have been shafted by the Neocons (start researching Liam Fox and Atlantic Bridge etc).

Remember how easy it all was going to be "EU trade deal after Brexit should be 'easiest in history' to get"

Brexit is nothing more than extreme right wing ideology bereft any intellectual content. Not one brexiter can tell me a DEFINITE positive of Brexit it's all trite, vague nonsense about 'taking back control' and 'stopping immigrants'.

Immigrants incidenly that we wanted here to boost our GDP and which we already have the power (but have never implemented) to return under European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC, which allows EU member states to repatriate EU nationals after three months if they have not found a job or do not have the means to support themselves.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan.

Good. Hope it brings people to their senses . If there was another vote it would go the other way for sure I reckon.

why bring too there senses?"

Can you give a reason why people should not be brought to their senses?

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"I think people were mislead and no one realised in specifics how the rest of the EU would make it really difficult to leave so I think there should be another vote. Things have changed so much since the first referendum. I’m a firm remainer. "

The EU haven't made it difficult at all. Their position has always been that 'You can't have your cake and eat it too'.

The problem is that people in the UK were not told the truth at the start.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes"
could you explain exactly what ‘remainers’ have done?

Reply privately

over a year ago

If there was another vote it would be a landslide vote for no Brexit. Let's be truthful if politicians had been honest in the first place we wouldn't be heading in this direct. Nigel Farage needs to face criminal charges for blatantly lying in a public office.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think that there should be another vote. After all it was Baron Greenback ( N. Farage) who said on the night of the vote, when it was 52% in favour to leave and 48% to remain, that it was to close to call and there should be another referendum.

How quickly some change their mind and others conveniently forget when it goes their way.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

and as for leave told lies.think remain done same thing.if i remember right we were gona go into recession the day after ther vote and it was gona cause a war and other such bollox

Reply privately

over a year ago

"the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes"

The reason that the Brexit people voted for isn’t the one they’ll get is nothing to do with remainers. I suggest putting the daily mail down and actually paying attention to what’s going on around you. They sold people an unattainable fantasy.

Reply privately

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

How many votes do we have to have? Basically until whoever gets the result they want. Like Scotland, they won’t stop demanding till they get it. And then when it goes against them they want another and another but if they win then no more votes. How’s that fair?

If you don’t get the government you want then you can’t just demand another vote , that’s not how it works.

I think we have made a total mess of the whole thing, no one in power expected out to win and so there was no plan. They ignored ordinary people and listened to the “lovies” down south.

We need to be very careful about ignoring the democratic process.

Reply privately

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

And if this second vote doesn't go the the way some people want it to do we have a third, forth...

I'm pro EU but this attitude that were seeing about Brexit and an independent Scotland isn't demorcratic. We should learn from the government's mistakes and refuse to participate in any referendum unless the pros and cons have been properly established and presented truthfully to the voters.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I got one am bloody sick of Brexit. The people voted, the decision was made.

They just want to get on and get left. The uk managed fine before we joined and we will manage absoloutely fine again.

There can't be another vote as to whether to leave as it would mean the whole voting system is just a sham.

Reply privately

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"The Brexit that people voted for isn’t the Brexit they’re going to get. It’s like thinking you’re buying a mansion and ending up with Tame Impala’s yurt. "

The Brexit we voted for was in or out.

We only started negotiating the exit terms once the decision to exit was made, couldn't be any other way. That some people are happy with the terms and some aren't was ineviable.

What's wrong with Yurts?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes

The reason that the Brexit people voted for isn’t the one they’ll get is nothing to do with remainers. I suggest putting the daily mail down and actually paying attention to what’s going on around you. They sold people an unattainable fantasy."

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Can you give a reason why people should not be brought to their senses?"

what a comment.

Reply privately

over a year ago

who cares were fooked either way so might as well be out

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The Brexit that people voted for isn’t the Brexit they’re going to get. It’s like thinking you’re buying a mansion and ending up with Tame Impala’s yurt.

We only started negotiating the exit terms once the decision to exit was made, couldn't be any other way. That some people are happy with the terms and some aren't was ineviable.

What's wrong with Yurts? "

That’s it, I’m voting you out of my yurt.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leave means leave. The march is only going ahead because the little Pakistani mayor the Labour party's experiment, doesn't agree with the leave vote.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes could you explain exactly what ‘remainers’ have done? "

the prime minister is a remainer and has done nothing to get us out.the bbc are remainers and only push remain and i thought they were sposed to be balanced.belive me if they back out of this vote im never voting again and i know lots of peeps who feel they same.always same with eu if you dont vote the way they want keep voting till they get the answer they do

Reply privately

over a year ago

Can you give a reason why people should not be brought to their senses?"

People should be forced to be brought to their senses, that's what democracy is all about

Reply privately

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"The Brexit that people voted for isn’t the Brexit they’re going to get. It’s like thinking you’re buying a mansion and ending up with Tame Impala’s yurt.

What's wrong with Yurts?

That’s it, I’m voting you out of my yurt."

I'm OK, I've got a camper van.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

what a comment. "

I’m not waiting for a coherent answer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/18 11:36:42]

Reply privately

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

Haha all u idiots that voted for brexit because you wanted to keep the immigration doors closed to keep your little no mark country to yourselves without any natural resources or exports and now you’re all crying. Serve you right! Why should tax payers pay for another vote?! There shouldn’t be another vote at all. Live with the decision that was voted on!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

ever seen? how many marches have there been? "

There have just been 1, the other was in scotland.

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

There can't be another vote as to whether to leave as it would mean the whole voting system is just a sham. "

The referendum was not legally binding. A UK referendum only has the force of law if the Act setting it up says so; in this case it didn't.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Leave means leave. The march is only going ahead because the little Pakistani mayor the Labour party's experiment, doesn't agree with the leave vote."

Wow

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and as for leave told lies.think remain done same thing.if i remember right we were gona go into recession the day after ther vote and it was gona cause a war and other such bollox"

Leave were found guilty of breaking election law. Remain weren't.

Remain's arguments were based on independent academic and economic expert projection whereas Leave knew statements like the £350m to the NHS were untrue.

And you don't know it's bollocks because we haven't actually left yet.

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

If I were to set a task for all Brexiters to write a 2,000 word essay on the benefits of Brexit, without once mentioning anything to do with immigration, foreigners, or Muslims, I wonder how many would respond to the challenge?

Not many, methinks.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What's wrong with Yurts?

"

Transit vans only, thanks!

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m singing a little ditty along the lines of “remain in, brexit out, in out, in out, shake it all about, no one knows what will happen, that’s what demoncray’s all about” to the tune of the Hokey Cokey.

Reply privately

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

"the brexit that ppl voted for is not the brexit we will get because all the remainers have done everything they can do to make sure it dont happen.wat they fail to understand that if we dont leave we are not gona have the same rights as eu countrys that we had before.payingin shitloads but without a say on anything.so well done snowflakes

daily mail???? i dont read the papers mate.stopped reading em years ago its either leftwing oor rightwing propaganda i have my own mind i dont ned to be told what to think

The reason that the Brexit people voted for isn’t the one they’ll get is nothing to do with remainers. I suggest putting the daily mail down and actually paying attention to what’s going on around you. They sold people an unattainable fantasy.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha all u idiots that voted for brexit because you wanted to keep the immigration doors closed to keep your little no mark country to yourselves without any natural resources or exports and now you’re all crying. Serve you right! Why should tax payers pay for another vote?! There shouldn’t be another vote at all. Live with the decision that was voted on!!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Of course there should be another vote.

One day Brexiters will wake up and realise that they have been shafted by the Neocons (start researching Liam Fox and Atlantic Bridge etc).

Remember how easy it all was going to be "EU trade deal after Brexit should be 'easiest in history' to get"

Brexit is nothing more than extreme right wing ideology bereft any intellectual content. Not one brexiter can tell me a DEFINITE positive of Brexit it's all trite, vague nonsense about 'taking back control' and 'stopping immigrants'.

Immigrants incidenly that we wanted here to boost our GDP and which we already have the power (but have never implemented) to return under European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC, which allows EU member states to repatriate EU nationals after three months if they have not found a job or do not have the means to support themselves. "

Exactly this!!!

Reply privately

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

Remember when the public were given the chance to vote for the name of a boat but it was rejected because the end result was too bloody silly?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’m singing a little ditty along the lines of “remain in, brexit out, in out, in out, shake it all about, no one knows what will happen, that’s what demoncray’s all about” to the tune of the Hokey Cokey. "

STEVEN I almost ch*ked on my cornflakes

Reply privately

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

The referendum simply gave a result for a point in time. Electorates and opinions change so I don't see why it has to be final, particularly when the original referendum was only advisory.

Triggering article 50 so soon was a big error.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stourbridge

I’m (M) pro Europe, not pro EU, the scandalous waste and corrupt practices in place are frankly criminal. Only way to challenge and change it is from within, however we have voted for it. That gives a moral dilemma, accept democratic process or throw a tantrum as it didn’t go my way? Ignore the vote and you are saying it’s perfectly acceptable to ignore a vote till it goes your way.

On a personal level I work in Europe and beyond almost every week. I use the EU only automated passport gates and fly between countries easily. That won’t be available to me in future, so I am very concerned but I can’t ignore the nations vote.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Remember when the public were given the chance to vote for the name of a boat but it was rejected because the end result was too bloody silly? "

Brexit McBrexitface

Reply privately

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"I got one am bloody sick of Brexit. The people voted, the decision was made.

They just want to get on and get left. The uk managed fine before we joined and we will manage absoloutely fine again.

There can't be another vote as to whether to leave as it would mean the whole voting system is just a sham. "

Going back and forth, back and forth, it's a sign of weakness and extreme poor leadership.

Not every first decision is the best, but the most important thing is to make it work.

Reply privately

over a year ago

what a comment. "

No sorry. Can’t be bothered to be quite honest. . Last Brexit post I got a 48 hour timeout. I Stick with my opinion that it would go the other way if there was another vote though. Should there be another vote? Not sure really. What’s done is done. If it happened I would welcome it but I understand why the people who voted the opposite way to me wouldn’t. That’s my view. Not much more to say on it really.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leaving the EU will prove to be the worst political decision of the last 50 years.

For the record I’m remain but sadly (and in full agreement) you can’t reverse a democratic process.

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m interested in the fact that a huge amount of government, ministerial and civil service time and effort has been spent on ‘Brexit’ so far and yet the country seems to be pootling along as usual - what would they have all benn doing had there not been a Brexit doo-dah?

Reply privately

over a year ago

A second vote is a nonsense as the EU would simply offer a poor deal and refuse to negotiate, which would leave the British public little option but to vote to remain. I believe the whole thing is an unnecessary palaver and there shouldn’t have been a referendum in the first place, the only winners are lawyers and high ranking civil servants. However we have to accept what’s done is done and remember that France and Germany will be desperate for trade deals with the UK. Rather than waste time marching and moaning it would be a far better use of those peoples time to identify the opportunities that change will create and figure out ways of exploiting them. Society nowadays spend far too much time complaining and looking to blame others for their station in life. Opportunities are there for everyone.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course there shouldn't be. The referendum re leaving the EU goes back to John Major's time as PM. The vote wasn't offered then due to the fear of leaving the EU being overwhelmingly supported.

The reason it was offered this time was either (a) the government could not contest/ delay the will of the people or (b) the government was convinced "remain" would win.

Whatever the reason for the timing, democracy has been played out. Going back on it will turn the tide of democracy to a dictatorship.

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Irony, deflection and ignorance all in one post..

Well done..

Reply privately

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

What's wrong with Yurts?

Transit vans only, thanks!"

Dammit!!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Leaving the EU will prove to be the worst political decision of the last 50 years.

For the record I’m remain but sadly (and in full agreement) you can’t reverse a democratic process.

"

Except the referendum was advisory, not legally binding so another referendum can go ahead without any issues really.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Actually the bit that really upset me was the person who pushed for this resigned the very same day. Then to top it all the prime minister quit when the going got tough. It's a perfect version of being careful what you wish for.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Good. Hope it brings people to their senses . If there was another vote it would go the other way for sure I reckon. "

And you see that as being democratic?

I didn't like the result of the last election, let's have another vote...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don’t ever ask a question you don’t know the answer to!!!

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"If I were to set a task for all Brexiters to write a 2,000 word essay on the benefits of Brexit, without once mentioning anything to do with immigration, foreigners, or Muslims, I wonder how many would respond to the challenge?

Not many, methinks."

Oh I reckon I could easily write 2000 words on the downside of handing over sovereignty to a corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite, I didn't listen to any fallacious argument, I've been dying to get my chance to vote out for 20 years.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course there shouldn't be. The referendum re leaving the EU goes back to John Major's time as PM. The vote wasn't offered then due to the fear of leaving the EU being overwhelmingly supported.

The reason it was offered this time was either (a) the government could not contest/ delay the will of the people or (b) the government was convinced "remain" would win.

Whatever the reason for the timing, democracy has been played out. Going back on it will turn the tide of democracy to a dictatorship. "

The first referendum was in 1975

Reply privately

over a year ago

I didn't like the result of the last election, let's have another vote... "

Lol.. my sentiments exactly. I don’t like leaving the EU but you can’t vote again and again until you get the result you desire

Reply privately

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I didn't like the result of the last election, let's have another vote... "

We do that every 5 years in general elections.

Reply privately

over a year ago

It's not the Brexit we wanted due to the government's incompetence.

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

" The people voted, the decision was made.

"

Indeed it was in a referendum that took place in 1975 on the UK continued membership of what was then the European Communities.

So the priciple of having another referendum on the issue has already been established. Why are you not calling for the 1975 referendum to be honoured?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think people were mislead and no one realised in specifics how the rest of the EU would make it really difficult to leave so I think there should be another vote. Things have changed so much since the first referendum. I’m a firm remainer.

The EU haven't made it difficult at all. Their position has always been that 'You can't have your cake and eat it too'.

The problem is that people in the UK were not told the truth at the start."

Do you expect total honesty from any politician? They have their own agenda and party agenda.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The reason that the Brexit people voted for isn’t the one they’ll get is nothing to do with remainers. I suggest putting the daily mail down and actually paying attention to what’s going on around you. They sold people an unattainable fantasy."

Agreed!

Some people really ought to educate themselves beforehand.

Reply privately

By *losguygl3Man
over a year ago

Gloucester

When is it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

We do that every 5 years in general elections. "

This, and more frequently in local governance..

The you lost, shut up and accept it as that's democracy is one of the biggest indicators of not understanding what actually is democracy..

Reply privately

over a year ago

The nation being given a vote is democracy..

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Leave means leave. The march is only going ahead because the little Pakistani mayor the Labour party's experiment, doesn't agree with the leave vote."

This comment really showcases your personality and the kind of person you are.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If there was another vote it would be a landslide vote for no Brexit. Let's be truthful if politicians had been honest in the first place we wouldn't be heading in this direct. Nigel Farage needs to face criminal charges for blatantly lying in a public office. "

There would be a sway towards no competence in the government taking us out of Europe as opposed to changing the wish to leave Europe. Very big difference.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If I were to set a task for all Brexiters to write a 2,000 word essay on the benefits of Brexit, without once mentioning anything to do with immigration, foreigners, or Muslims, I wonder how many would respond to the challenge?

Not many, methinks.

Oh I reckon I could easily write 2000 words on the downside of handing over sovereignty to a corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite, I didn't listen to any fallacious argument, I've been dying to get my chance to vote out for 20 years. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Leave means leave. The march is only going ahead because the little Pakistani mayor the Labour party's experiment, doesn't agree with the leave vote.

This comment really showcases your personality and the kind of person you are. "

How embarrassing

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol.. my sentiments exactly. I don’t like leaving the EU but you can’t vote again and again until you get the result you desire "

Agreed as I said in my last comment. Ok bring people to their senses was probably the wrong phrase to use, especially on here! I should know better . I deserve the abuse for that to be fair. I shall stand in the market square if anyone would like to throw rotten tomatoes at me . My point was I think it would go the other way if there was another vote. But yes, what’s done is done.

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

As I see it Nigel Farage brainwash a lot of people about Brexit what a lot of those people didn’t realise was he was never going to have to deliver on the promises as his party was not in power.If there was a 2nd referendum I believe it would now be remain that would win.I think it is too late for a 2nd referendum as article 50 has been signed.I just hope that Teresa May can get us a good deal otherwise we will have to lay in the bed that Nigel Farage has made for us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

His ethnicity has nothing to do with it! His party allegiance has.

Reply privately

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Lol.. my sentiments exactly. I don’t like leaving the EU but you can’t vote again and again until you get the result you desire

Agreed as I said in my last comment. Ok bring people to their senses was probably the wrong phrase to use, especially on here! I should know better . I deserve the abuse for that to be fair. I shall stand in the market square if anyone would like to throw rotten tomatoes at me . My point was I think it would go the other way if there was another vote. But yes, what’s done is done. "

I think it probably would as well, especially considering changes in demographics and the additional young people now old enough to vote

Reply privately

over a year ago

Agreed as I said in my last comment. Ok bring people to their senses was probably the wrong phrase to use, especially on here! I should know better . I deserve the abuse for that to be fair. I shall stand in the market square if anyone would like to throw rotten tomatoes at me . My point was I think it would go the other way if there was another vote. But yes, what’s done is done. "

Lol.. I agree that minus the right wing rhetoric and false advertising the vote would be remain.

Sadly (for us both) we’ll now have to live with the consequences

Reply privately

over a year ago

People should be forced to be brought to their senses, that's what democracy is all about "

Manatory voting would be cool as long as one has the chance to vote abstain.

Reply privately

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"The nation being given a vote is democracy.."

No, we live in an electoral oligarchy. Political power is closely allied with wealth.

The UK media and thus the narrative is controlled by billionaires.

Reply privately

By *wingin CatMan
over a year ago

London

"I agree that minus the right wing rhetoric and false advertising the vote would be remain. "

Exactly! A large chunk of it was sold on the right-wing ideology

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

ever seen? how many marches have there been? There have just been 1, the other was in scotland."

hahaha

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The nation being given a vote is democracy..

No, we live in an electoral oligarchy. Political power is closely allied with wealth.

"

Influences aside... the public did vote at the ballot box.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Haha all u idiots that voted for brexit because you wanted to keep the immigration doors closed to keep your little no mark country to yourselves without any natural resources or exports and now you’re all crying. Serve you right! Why should tax payers pay for another vote?! There shouldn’t be another vote at all. Live with the decision that was voted on!!"

Some of us idiots have high IQs and can rationalise our choices. Also, I think it is the idiotic remainers who are pushing for another vote

Reply privately

By *lanPartridgeMan
over a year ago

nottingham

I'd genuinely be very happy and interested if someone could offer up a specific thing which would be better than now, following a Brexit. Specific please.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"

the billionaires media your using right now??? when we are lied too during voting for a government at election time do we get another vote so soon??? democracy spoke. decision made. let's get on with it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and as for leave told lies.think remain done same thing.if i remember right we were gona go into recession the day after ther vote and it was gona cause a war and other such bollox

Remain's arguments were based on independent academic and economic expert projection whereas Leave knew statements like the £350m to the NHS were untrue.

And you don't know it's bollocks because we haven't actually left yet. "

Wasn't the overspending of the government to support remain reported to be breaking election rules?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whilst we seem to have touched on the subject..

Asylum, refugee, ILR, citizenship et al

For the record can anyone please name the largest number (nationality) of illegal immigrants in the uk??

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I'd genuinely be very happy and interested if someone could offer up a specific thing which would be better than now, following a Brexit. Specific please."

Freedom.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'd genuinely be very happy and interested if someone could offer up a specific thing which would be better than now, following a Brexit. Specific please.

Freedom."

From??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I’m interested in the fact that a huge amount of government, ministerial and civil service time and effort has been spent on ‘Brexit’ so far and yet the country seems to be pootling along as usual - what would they have all benn doing had there not been a Brexit doo-dah? "

Are you suggesting the referendum was a stool pigeon?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"and as for leave told lies.think remain done same thing.if i remember right we were gona go into recession the day after ther vote and it was gona cause a war and other such bollox

And you don't know it's bollocks because we haven't actually left yet.

Wasn't the overspending of the government to support remain reported to be breaking election rules? "

Reported but not charged. The Electoral Commission rejected the claims. They upheld Leaves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Whatever the reason for the timing, democracy has been played out. Going back on it will turn the tide of democracy to a dictatorship.

The first referendum was in 1975"

Ok I haven't looked into the history of it, just recalling memory.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Whilst we seem to have touched on the subject..

For the record can anyone please name the largest number (nationality) of illegal immigrants in the uk??"

Anyone?? Seeing as immigration was a cornerstone of the leave campaign...

Reply privately

By *horleygentMan
over a year ago

Accrington

Ridiculous to offer areferendum in the first place with no public discussion and an honest assessment of the way forward from both sides. It was riddled with lies and deceit and opportunities for career progression from the elite. Terrible. Now what a mess.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" The people voted, the decision was made.

Indeed it was in a referendum that took place in 1975 on the UK continued membership of what was then the European Communities.

So the priciple of having another referendum on the issue has already been established. Why are you not calling for the 1975 referendum to be honoured?"

New working age generation. Which means the electorate are allowed an opportunity to vote on the issue. Which also means once we are out (with x amount of time passed), a new ref may be called.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Ridiculous to offer areferendum in the first place with no public discussion and an honest assessment of the way forward from both sides. It was riddled with lies and deceit and opportunities for career progression from the elite. Terrible. Now what a mess. "

Bravo. Well said.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The you lost, shut up and accept it as that's democracy is one of the biggest indicators of not understanding what actually is democracy..

"

Do elaborate.

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

We must have a new referendum

The information we were given by both campaigns was false, now we have a better understanding of where we are

Reply privately

over a year ago

We must have a new referendum

The information we were given by both campaigns was false, now we have a better understanding of where we are "

I think the same applies to every party manifesto

Reply privately

over a year ago

"As I see it Nigel Farage brainwash a lot of people about Brexit what a lot of those people didn’t realise was he was never going to have to deliver on the promises as his party was not in power.If there was a 2nd referendum I believe it would now be remain that would win.I think it is too late for a 2nd referendum as article 50 has been signed.I just hope that Teresa May can get us a good deal otherwise we will have to lay in the bed that Nigel Farage has made for us."

Not every Brexiteer listened to Farage.

Reply privately

By *nnie2009Couple
over a year ago

Blackpool

"There will be a march in london calling for a peoples vote today, it is said to be the largest anti brexit demonstration ever seen, whats your view? I agree there should be one as you woulnt buy a house without a second opinion, also there wasnt a contingency plan.who cares were fooked either way so might as well be out "
thats about right, will prob be in the shit either way

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And paying attention to what the wealthy and ruling classes wanted (remain) made me choose to vote leave.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stourbridge

Ok let’s have a referendum about having a referendum, surely that’s the correct course?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/10/18 12:18:37]

Reply privately

over a year ago

For the record can anyone please name the largest number (nationality) of illegal immigrants in the uk??

Anyone?? Seeing as immigration was a cornerstone of the leave campaign... "

Maybe immigration wasn't the issue for the brexiteers contributing to this thread.

Reply privately

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"I think people were mislead and no one realised in specifics how the rest of the EU would make it really difficult to leave so I think there should be another vote. Things have changed so much since the first referendum. I’m a firm remainer. "

Really difficult to leave, like a wife trying to leave a abusive relationship ....OUT was supposed to OUT.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe immigration wasn't the issue for the brexiteers contributing to this thread. "

Maybe not.. but I can’t recall Farages leave campaign consisting of anything other than an immigration narrative

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I'd genuinely be very happy and interested if someone could offer up a specific thing which would be better than now, following a Brexit. Specific please.

Freedom.

From??"

Control by the corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite. I'd vote against that every time, I believe it's wrong in principle.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe immigration wasn't the issue for the brexiteers contributing to this thread.

Maybe not.. but I can’t recall Farages leave campaign consisting of anything other than an immigration narrative "

I've already stated not everybody listened to Farage. I didn't.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Freedom.

From??

Control by the corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite. I'd vote against that every time, I believe it's wrong in principle. "

you talking about the current government?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Freedom.

From??

Control by the corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite. I'd vote against that every time, I believe it's wrong in principle. "

Generalising doesn’t really provide any real evidence..

I assume you mean people other than those based in the UK??

Reply privately

over a year ago

Freedom.

From??

Control by the corrupt. I'd vote against that every time, I believe it's wrong in principle. "

The altered text is possibly why there is voting apathy in this country

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe not.. but I can’t recall Farages leave campaign consisting of anything other than an immigration narrative

I've already stated not everybody listened to Farage. I didn't. "

Im sure far too many did unfortunately

Reply privately

over a year ago

Freedom.

From??

Control by the corrupt, unaccountable, unelected, manipulative federalist elite. I'd vote against that every time, I believe it's wrong in principle.

you talking about the current government? "

I went one better

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Im sure far too many did unfortunately "

im sure it was a fair and democratic vote.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Freedom.

From??

you talking about the current government?

I went one better "

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Freedom.

From??

you talking about the current government? "

Which?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I voted remain, but there are times I wish I hadn't when I see threads like this full of arrogant, bullying hard-line remain voters who feel that because they believe they're in the right they think it's ok to harangue and personally insult those who voted to leave. These fuckwits have done more to divide this country than any war or civil strife ever has, and they're still doing it. I sincerely hope that it pisses down with freezing cold rain today, so that the twats on the march can physically feel some of the discomfort that they've dished out on leave voters since the referendum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

im sure it was a fair and democratic vote."

Totally agree. The people voted and the result is the result. It’s the UK not Uganda.

Reply privately

By *entleman.kMan
over a year ago

close by

The problem is that neither the remain or leave said anything about policies that would change because neither know what the outcome off leaving is going to bring in cases of trading, we are the 5th largest economy in Europe do you honestly believe that if we left with a no deal that other EU countries would seize trade with us, it would be just as devastating for them if that happened, we could end up having a better trade deal which would bring even more economy to this country, as well as not being led by legislation and governed by Brussels, let us be in control of our own destiny and become great Britain again whi h is why I voted to leave, not because of immigration, that's a different matter nothing wrong with immigration as long as they are bringing in quality trades and means to fund themselves for at least five years with no help from the state in any way or form including health.

Reply privately

over a year ago

im sure it was a fair and democratic vote."

Fair, no. Giving people the right to exercise their vote (or not), yes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But OP, you are Swedish living in Spain! Apart from not being allowed back into the UK to stalk Haribo the bushes, why does it bother you?

I wanted to stay, but lost the vote, so we leave. Done deal. Give it 5 or 10 years and nobody will actually notice the difference.

Money saved on the EU membership will vanish into departments that are currently outsourced to Brussels but will be needed back in house, in London probably.

Politicians will still focus on how to divert money from tax payers into friends and family pockets.

And because it's there we will still visit Europe, and they will still visit the UK

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Freedom.

From??

Generalising doesn’t really provide any real evidence..

I assume you mean people other than those based in the UK??"

You asked for one specific thing. That's it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I voted remain, but there are times I wish I hadn't when I see threads like this full of arrogant, bullying hard-line remain voters who feel that because they believe they're in the right they think it's ok to harangue and personally insult those who voted to leave. These fuckwits have done more to divide this country than any war or civil strife ever has, and they're still doing it. I sincerely hope that it pisses down with freezing cold rain today, so that the twats on the march can physically feel some of the discomfort that they've dished out on leave voters since the referendum."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I voted remain, but there are times I wish I hadn't when I see threads like this full of arrogant, bullying hard-line remain voters who feel that because they believe they're in the right they think it's ok to harangue and personally insult those who voted to leave. These fuckwits have done more to divide this country than any war or civil strife ever has, and they're still doing it. I sincerely hope that it pisses down with freezing cold rain today, so that the twats on the march can physically feel some of the discomfort that they've dished out on leave voters since the referendum."

Hush now, I don't take it personally

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm a remainer. But I'd happily abide the people's choice if it had been 67% to 33% like it was in the referendum going in. But 52/48 just seems cloudy. No clear mandate in there imo. Hence why there's no clear mandate in parliament either.

So I'm up for another vote or two until some clarity emerges either way that forces politicians to truly put up or shut up

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The problem is that neither the remain or leave said anything about policies that would change because neither know what the outcome off leaving is going to bring in cases of trading, we are the 5th largest economy in Europe do you honestly believe that if we left with a no deal that other EU countries would seize trade with us, it would be just as devastating for them if that happened, we could end up having a better trade deal which would bring even more economy to this country, as well as not being led by legislation and governed by Brussels, let us be in control of our own destiny and become great Britain again whi h is why I voted to leave, not because of immigration, that's a different matter nothing wrong with immigration as long as they are bringing in quality trades and means to fund themselves for at least five years with no help from the state in any way or form including health. "

Just bring back the Empire!! And Great Britain won’t be Great Britain due to the NI Border issue

Reply privately

over a year ago

"But OP, you are Swedish living in Spain! Apart from not being allowed back into the UK to stalk Haribo the bushes, why does it bother you?

I wanted to stay, but lost the vote, so we leave. Done deal. Give it 5 or 10 years and nobody will actually notice the difference.

Money saved on the EU membership will vanish into departments that are currently outsourced to Brussels but will be needed back in house, in London probably.

Politicians will still focus on how to divert money from tax payers into friends and family pockets.

And because it's there we will still visit Europe, and they will still visit the UK"

Have to say, timeline may be out but I agree.

Reply privately

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I voted remain, but there are times I wish I hadn't when I see threads like this full of arrogant, bullying hard-line remain voters who feel that because they believe they're in the right they think it's ok to harangue and personally insult those who voted to leave. These fuckwits have done more to divide this country than any war or civil strife ever has, and they're still doing it. "

Haha I have to agree whenever I see venom and bile expressed, it makes their cause repugnant.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think there were so many misconceptions about the vote to leave the EU .

I've been knocking on doors and annoying the public for many years . I had a feeling in the Welsh Assembly elections just before the vote to leave the EU that the electorate would vote leave . The general consensus was people were against European migration. Voters honestly believed that leaving would give the UK great control of her boarders . Without considering the wider ramifications of us no longer being a part of Europe .

Nobody gave much throught to the Irish boarder issues , MPs and AMs I talked too at the time were oblivious to our land boarder with Europe .

Given now the revealed details on the impact on our Economy I think it would be only correct and proper to give the electorate a second referendum given the information we now have .

I am some one who voted to remain . I looked at the leaders of the Leave Campain and researched who had most to gain from us leaving . It seems Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees Mogg and Farage all had a ersonal financial incentive to leave the EU. Always follow the money .

The EU need root and branch reform I agree but you can only active that from being part of the process

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Fair, no. Giving people the right to exercise their vote (or not), yes. "

so fair then?

Reply privately

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"As I see it Nigel Farage brainwash a lot of people about Brexit what a lot of those people didn’t realise was he was never going to have to deliver on the promises as his party was not in power.If there was a 2nd referendum I believe it would now be remain that would win.I think it is too late for a 2nd referendum as article 50 has been signed.I just hope that Teresa May can get us a good deal otherwise we will have to lay in the bed that Nigel Farage has made for us.

Not every Brexiteer listened to Farage. "

. No not every Brexiteer listen Farage but I believe enough we’re brainwashed especially on immigration and the NHS to vote leave

Reply privately

over a year ago

Have to say that all contributions just goes to show how big an issue brexit is.

Top and bottom is that we voted leave. Time will tell if it proves good or bad decision.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm a remainer. But I'd happily abide the people's choice if it had been 67% to 33% like it was in the referendum going in. But 52/48 just seems cloudy. No clear mandate in there imo. Hence why there's no clear mandate in parliament either.

So I'm up for another vote or two until some clarity emerges either way that forces politicians to truly put up or shut up "

If we were debating over the 4% being a small number (like 100 people voting), I'd agree. But that 4%represents x thousands?

In principle I agree, I'd prefer a higher percentage majority. However, the voting apathy in this country is high but I think I recall reading that the referendum had a higher turnout than most general elections.

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is ONE good thing about leaving the EU, politicians will no longer be able to hide unpopular legislation under the guise of EU made us do it!

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"I'm a remainer. But I'd happily abide the people's choice if it had been 67% to 33% like it was in the referendum going in. But 52/48 just seems cloudy. No clear mandate in there imo. Hence why there's no clear mandate in parliament either.

So I'm up for another vote or two until some clarity emerges either way that forces politicians to truly put up or shut up

If we were debating over the 4% being a small number (like 100 people voting), I'd agree. But that 4%represents x thousands?

In principle I agree, I'd prefer a higher percentage majority. However, the voting apathy in this country is high but I think I recall reading that the referendum had a higher turnout than most general elections. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what??? Best out of three???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Being anti EU is not being right wing at all and I wish this go to labelling by the left would stop. Many Left wing people are against the EU and what it stands for. Famous left wing socialists like Jeremy Corbyn and Tony Benn were against the EU and it's dream of a federalist state. Corbyn voted to leave the EEC in 1975, he opposed the creation of the EU, he voted against the Lisbon treaty and there's many more examples. Tony Benn, perhaps the biggest left wing socialist of them all said Britain must leave the EU to restore democracy. 35% of Labour supporters and members of the party voted to leave the EU. So I think this old go to 'it's only the far right' who are anti EU' should stop.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Then what??? Best out of three??? "

best of 5 i reckon??

Reply privately

over a year ago

so fair then?"

No. Living in a village I received no propaganda (oops info) from the leave camp, only propaganda (oops info ) from remain, and neutral. How on earth did I vote leave?

Reply privately

over a year ago

It was clear from day 1 of the leave or stay build up that voting to leave wouldn’t benefit anyone, but hurt many. Why people got it into their heads the UK would negotiate a divorce deal with the EU is beyond me?

The EU don’t have to give, offer or compromise on anything, the UK chose to leave the party they weren’t kicked out or threatened with expulsion. The EU have got this completely correct... you want to leave? Ok, go then but don’t come running back asking or demanding this, that or the other.

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

so fair then?

No. Living in a village I received no propaganda (oops info) from the leave camp, only propaganda (oops info ) from remain, and neutral. How on earth did I vote leave? "

oh no. ahh well

Reply privately

over a year ago

What a bunch of pussies. Anyone who thought this process would be simple and straight forward is a fool.

At the first sign of difficulty we run like mewling infants to mummy. Whatever happened to good old British resolve, the fighting bulldog spirit? Alas i fear it is dead and i mourn the loss.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In principle I agree, I'd prefer a higher percentage majority. However, the voting apathy in this country is high but I think I recall reading that the referendum had a higher turnout than most general elections.

"

Cat got your tongue or am I being too logical for a remainder to comprehend?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It was clear from day 1 of the leave or stay build up that voting to leave wouldn’t benefit anyone, but hurt many. Why people got it into their heads the UK would negotiate a divorce deal with the EU is beyond me?

The EU don’t have to give, offer or compromise on anything, the UK chose to leave the party they weren’t kicked out or threatened with expulsion. The EU have got this completely correct... you want to leave? Ok, go then but don’t come running back asking or demanding this, that or the other."

That statement alone embodies why leave wasn’t wise. Why negotiate for something that WE don’t want??

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

Cat got your tongue or am I being too logical for a remainder to comprehend? "

boring me more like.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Then what??? Best out of three???

best of 5 i reckon?? "

Probably, but joking apart the decision was voted upon and made, it would be never ending if we entered a vote on this, vote on that!

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"It was clear from day 1 of the leave or stay build up that voting to leave wouldn’t benefit anyone, but hurt many. Why people got it into their heads the UK would negotiate a divorce deal with the EU is beyond me?

The EU don’t have to give, offer or compromise on anything, the UK chose to leave the party they weren’t kicked out or threatened with expulsion. The EU have got this completely correct... you want to leave? Ok, go then but don’t come running back asking or demanding this, that or the other.

That statement alone embodies why leave wasn’t wise. Why negotiate for something that WE don’t want??"

we voted we wanted out???

Reply privately

over a year ago

Cat got your tongue or am I being too logical for a remainder to comprehend? "

Turnout is irrelevant. Proportions are all that matter. WE ALL had the chance to vote.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That statement alone embodies why leave wasn’t wise. Why negotiate for something that WE don’t want??

we voted we wanted out??? "

We did - so just leave... not leave and ask for A B & C before we do??

Reply privately

over a year ago

boring me more like."

Reply privately

over a year ago

The EU don’t have to give, offer or compromise on anything, the UK chose to leave the party they weren’t kicked out or threatened with expulsion. The EU have got this completely correct... you want to leave? Ok, go then but don’t come running back asking or demanding this, that or the other."

That’s like leaving the pub and asking for a few bottles to take home before you do so!!!

Reply privately

By *ewBurtonMan
over a year ago

Derby

The truth is out there It’s always in the small print ( the bit nobody reads ) and all anybody takes note of are the media’s headlines

Reply privately

over a year ago

" That statement alone embodies why leave wasn’t wise. Why negotiate for something that WE don’t want??"

Precisely, it seems to me the only ones wanting to leave now are the politicians and those with huge bank balances. I voted remain not out of bloody mindedness, more out of being able to predict the damage that leaving would do, and being able to say to my grandkids “I wanted to stay in and keep the opportunities open to you in the future, but sadly others didn’t”

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

we voted we wanted out???

We did - so just leave... not leave and ask for A B & C before we do??"

did we we/you ask before you voted?

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

boring me more like.

"

Reply privately

over a year ago

In principle I agree, I'd prefer a higher percentage majority. However, the voting apathy in this country is high but I think I recall reading that the referendum had a higher turnout than most general elections. "

I know what you're saying Dinah. I'm a firm remainer. But I'm also a believer in democracy. So in that sense if the margin was bigger I would genuinely accept the result. As it was, if something like 600,000 leavers had voted to stay it would've been a draw. I know they didn't. So I'm not moaning about that. All I'm saying is that when you look at this this means the mandate to leave makes up less than 1% of the UK population. I just simply believe that's too small on any important vote. Even a 1% minimum would be an improvement. But I genuinely feel that for the nation to take any course after any referendum on anything it should do so because there was at least 5% or possibly more of the population who want it more than don't want it

Does that make sense?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Turnout is irrelevant. Proportions are all that matter. WE ALL had the chance to vote. "

It Is irrelevant to the result, but if we as a nation, want true democracy in the respect of the population's voice being heard through voting, the apathy needs to be addressed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Turnout is irrelevant. Proportions are all that matter. WE ALL had the chance to vote.

It Is irrelevant to the result, but if we as a nation, want true democracy in the respect of the population's voice being heard through voting, the apathy needs to be addressed. "

There’s nothing wrong with protest but I agree. We voted. We’re leaving. Protest fine but democracy has spoken.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I know what you're saying Dinah. I'm a firm remainer. But I'm also a believer in democracy. So in that sense if the margin was bigger I would genuinely accept the result. As it was, if something like 600,000 leavers had voted to stay it would've been a draw. I know they didn't. So I'm not moaning about that. All I'm saying is that when you look at this this means the mandate to leave makes up less than 1% of the UK population. I just simply believe that's too small on any important vote. Even a 1% minimum would be an improvement. But I genuinely feel that for the nation to take any course after any referendum on anything it should do so because there was at least 5% or possibly more of the population who want it more than don't want it

Does that make sense? "

I've kind of already responded to your post before reading it . It's about addressing the apathy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

How many on the March ? A 100,000 is nothing it need to be a couple of million to mean anything

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't had a good old debate in the lounge for years. Thanks Shag for posting this .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I haven't had a good old debate in the lounge for years. Thanks Shag for posting this . "

Me too

Reply privately

over a year ago

Does that make sense?

I've kind of already responded to your post before reading it . It's about addressing the apathy. "

If you're angling on 100% voter turn out you're probably gonna have to don your jack boots and impose martial law haha I'm simply talking about an eminently rational and reasonable insistence that in the event that the nation votes on an important issue and a clear mandate doesn't emerge then it needs to go into successive rounds of votes before one emerges. Like a boxing match, one will eventually prevail or get exhausted.

I'd be happy to support such a motion on any future referendums on any issues. If such a process eventually resulted in leaving the EU prevailing I'd fully accept it

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Do elaborate. "

We lose or win depending on one's choices each time we put the cross on the paper, that means if on the losing side one has the right to campaign to change the decision next time within the term set..

Granted this was not a fixed term mandate but I don't recall the same thing being the response to those who campaigned post 75 or when it was..

Telling people to shut up you lost isn't how it works..

Reply privately

over a year ago

You can’t see why the EU would negotiate?? Just look at the number of German cars on the road and white goods in our homes. Then pop to the supermarket and look at the number of French and Italian wines and don’t forget when watching the television this evening it will be powered by French electricity. These markets are not insignificant to those countries. There are many more trade deals in services and goods that EU countries would like to keep, if they weren’t bothered Brexit would have already happened.

Free trade and free movement of people should be maintained, just abolish the European Parliament and courts and Europe would be a happier place!

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"You can’t see why the EU would negotiate?? Just look at the number of German cars on the road and white goods in our homes. Then pop to the supermarket and look at the number of French and Italian wines and don’t forget when watching the television this evening it will be powered by French electricity. These markets are not insignificant to those countries. There are many more trade deals in services and goods that EU countries would like to keep, if they weren’t bothered Brexit would have already happened.

Free trade and free movement of people should be maintained, just abolish the European Parliament and courts and Europe would be a happier place!"

so i wont be able to buy a new cooker then???

Reply privately

over a year ago

If there is another vote and it gives reverse result do all of us who won the first vote have the right to sulk like spoilt kids go on marches and get a third vite. What the fuck happened to democracy

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"If there is another vote and it gives reverse result do all of us who won the first vote have the right to sulk like spoilt kids go on marches and get a third vite. What the fuck happened to democracy "

Reply privately

over a year ago

Do elaborate.

We lose or win depending on one's choices each time we put the cross on the paper, that means if on the losing side one has the right to campaign to change the decision next time within the term set..

Granted this was not a fixed term mandate but I don't recall the same thing being the response to those who campaigned post 75 or when it was..

Telling people to shut up you lost isn't how it works.."

In my world one is always invited to debate. .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If there is another vote and it gives reverse result do all of us who won the first vote have the right to sulk like spoilt kids go on marches and get a third vite. What the fuck happened to democracy "

If there's an equally unclear mandate yes and the process of a third referendum should be automatic in that event. It's the only fair way forward imo

Reply privately

By *ilth500Man
over a year ago

Merseyside

"If there is another vote and it gives reverse result do all of us who won the first vote have the right to sulk like spoilt kids go on marches and get a third vite. What the fuck happened to democracy

If there's an equally unclear mandate yes and the process of a third referendum should be automatic in that event. It's the only fair way forward imo "

zzzzzz

Reply privately

over a year ago

We'd have the right to sulk and go on marches

Reply privately

over a year ago

The main difference being a 2nd vote decision would be as a result of people knowing what they’ve voted for this time. Not as a result of lies, propaganda and mushroom practices.

Reply privately

By *ohn and juCouple
over a year ago

CAMBRIDGESHIRE

I think no matter what happens now this government will make sure we pay for voting yes. Its going to cost us all too much if we stay or go just wait and see

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ahhh Brexit, seeing the country shoot itself in the foot thanks to Daily Mail readers, The Sun followers, racists and xenophobes who bought into the lies of no immigrants and £350 million a week we could spend on the NHS instead, a country where we won't even look into the Russian meddling into this, where the people and the media were played like dupes.

At least let Scotland have their vote again, they deserve out after all this crap of "sticking together as a team in EU".

Reply privately

over a year ago

"How many on the March ? A 100,000 is nothing it need to be a couple of million to mean anything "

60 million protesting won't mean anything, the referendum wasn't worded that it needed an x% clear majority, and nothing about a healthy economy was put in as an exception clause.

I don't want to leave for personal reasons, but the vote was legit and the leave vote won.

All this negotiation crap is politics doing what politics does. Labour are called the opposition, it is in their job description to oppose everything. Makes not one jot of difference to the fact they would do the same as the current government if they were the lead party.

Boris wants to live in number 10, but not as the PM who took us out of Europe, only as the poor sod who tried to clean it up.

Most of the conservative rebels are only really covering their arses in case it goes tits up, and they can step in any direction that scores them points when the decision time comes.

If May can get a 3 year extension on leaving, and the media keep on demonizing Corbin, she has a chance of re-election and political survival.

As for the citizens of the 27 countries, what has it got to do with them? This is politics not socialism

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh and as an after thought... no repeat referendum for Scotland either, a vote is a vote.

Reply privately