Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

dash cams

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

I saw a news report a day or two ago and a police force has a web page for members of the public to upload videos of bad driving.

Those with dash cams will you upload video footage, if you do are you now the traffic police,.

In the same week the news also listed figures about crime and detection rates (the sort of crime a lot of folk are victims of aren't investigated) the criminals know this as well. Will Joe public's dashcam videos release the resource to catch the baddies ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dash

over a year ago

If I went on cam would it be a dash cam?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I was thinking of getting one. Judging by the twat who tried to kill me in the car this morning it might have been useful. Only years of gaming quick reactions made me swerve out of the way.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"If I went on cam would it be a dash cam?"
only if you’re quick.

over a year ago

"If I went on cam would it be a dash cam?"

Yep

over a year ago

Dashcam policing might be a good thing as a deterrent, if it becomes all handbags at dawn supercilious tittle tattling, then no.

What would be better,imo, is if people felt empowered to speak up without risk of getting battered.

On a bus this week three youths occupied the priority seats, old folks got on and couldn't sit down without stumbling to seats further away. The kids didn't move or appear to even register what they'd done - no one spoke up, me included

Mrs

over a year ago

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dash"
nextbase 420 we use them at work

over a year ago

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dashnextbase 420 we use them at work"

over a year ago

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dashnextbase 420 we use them at work

"

Do you mean 402?

over a year ago

Thousands of videos will arrive at the police station showing a small clip which may or may not be a crime, or identifiable.

2 police officers will be able to spend their entire shift in an office watching the video, so they won't need a car, or fuel so saves money, and their job will be safer as they won't need to mix with those criminal types.

No actual crime reports means that it has no negative affect on the stats, but they could issue some fixed penalties for the very few actual driving offences that get caught so that will count as positives against the robbery sex crime hate crime stats.

It's a great plan

By *alldarksurreyMan
over a year ago

surrey

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dash"

You can get a app for most modern phones that turn it into a dash cam

over a year ago

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dashnextbase 420 we use them at work

Do you mean 402?"

possibly

over a year ago

"Can anybody recommend a good dash cam for me ta ......dash

You can get a app for most modern phones that turn it into a dash cam "

Most of them apps you have to subscribe to

By *ister KinkyMan
over a year ago

Sussex

Do you mean 402?possibly "

Nextbase 412GW is the current model

I have one and its really good.

over a year ago

Do you mean 402?possibly

Nextbase 412GW is the current model

I have one and its really good. "

IV been looking at the netbase 212 it's cheaper but got great reviews

over a year ago

" IV been looking at the netbase 212 it's cheaper but got great reviews"

As with home CCTV it pays to go with the best one you can afford, higher the cost better the definition (usually). I’ve got 2 CCTV at home external and internal, the external is far superior but cost a heck of a lot more.

over a year ago

Nextbase 412gw is what i have its crystal clear and sends footage to my phone if its activated.

I had a bump in mine, someone pulled out on me and slammed on, i had no dash cam and penalised me, cost £11000 worth of damage, took ages to sort and i had a poxy vauxhall astra courtesy car which was horrendous.

So i got a dash cam and a van cut into my lane in traffic and braked to move over into another lane... all on cam, his insurance admited fault instantly and was sorted very quick

By *radleywigginsMan
over a year ago

northwest

What if I don’t want to upload clips of my bad driving?

over a year ago

"Nextbase 412gw is what i have its crystal clear and sends footage to my phone if its activated.

I had a bump in mine, someone pulled out on me and slammed on, i had no dash cam and penalised me, cost £11000 worth of damage, took ages to sort and i had a poxy vauxhall astra courtesy car which was horrendous.

So i got a dash cam and a van cut into my lane in traffic and braked to move over into another lane... all on cam, his insurance admited fault instantly and was sorted very quick"

think.im.going to go with the 312 nextbase

over a year ago

"Nextbase 412gw is what i have its crystal clear and sends footage to my phone if its activated.

So i got a dash cam and a van cut into my lane in traffic and braked to move over into another lane... all on cam, his insurance admited fault instantly and was sorted very quick

think.im.going to go with the 312 nextbase"

Thats the one i went for but they had the 412 reduced and cost £7 more. Next base lower your insurance too. Also get their recommended sd card, i got a cheap ebay one it was rubbish and ruined the footage

over a year ago

Thanks to the tories and austerity the police have fuck all money and fuck all resources. Loads of police forces accept dash and helmet cam footage and I think this is a brilliant thing for road safety. But I suspect in real terms it frees up little or any resource for other crimes

over a year ago

think.im.going to go with the 312 nextbase

Thats the one i went for but they had the 412 reduced and cost £7 more. Next base lower your insurance too. Also get their recommended sd card, i got a cheap ebay one it was rubbish and ruined the footage"

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I report illegal activity, regardless of police budgets being cut and many thousands of jobs gone. I don't rely on police commissioners to direct police attention, I give them my own stuff. Not that I have a dashcam.

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Promotion of dash cams can only be a good thing even if it acts as a deterrent to the scrotes that think they can drive like utter that's cos if they have an accident, they just drive off knowing the police more often than not, will not follow it it.

For the rest of us it will mean falling insurance premiums (although probably unlikely knowing the thieving bastard insurance companies) and more liklihood of prosecution for reckless drivers.

over a year ago

What sd card would I need for a nexbase 312?....ta

Post new Message to Thread