Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

CAPITALS

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

on folks profiles.

Is it just me or do other people find it offputting or offensive in any way? I`m aware that I can ignore and move on but I just wondered.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

It seems like shouting, I'm not deaf.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if caps really get to u that much u need to look closer to home darlin

over a year ago

Bring back Capital punishment...

By *illow PimpMan
over a year ago

Midlothian

Does not bother me really, it's the rambling one's that get on my

Anything over 10 lines long, skip

over a year ago

Paris .... Thats a capital

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I find capitals , I click off the profile.

I think everyone knows that capitals are considered shouting, so they look like they are angry so I don't read it

over a year ago

"I find capitals , I click off the profile.

I think everyone knows that capitals are considered shouting, so they look like they are angry so I don't read it "

Find it more of a needs must sometimes - simply when so many message and have failed to read our preferences then we can mail back and ask them to check out the capitals!

over a year ago

i think sometimes people just used caps on certain words to make them stand out

as in i DO NOT accommodate

i dont mind that, its ones who rant in caps that i dont get, it does just come over as moaning

over a year ago

Capitals are great for the hard of reading, yes reading

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I find capitals , I click off the profile.

I think everyone knows that capitals are considered shouting, so they look like they are angry so I don't read it

Find it more of a needs must sometimes - simply when so many message and have failed to read our preferences then we can mail back and ask them to check out the capitals! "

Obviously thats your choice

Do they read it after you send them back?

over a year ago

"if caps really get to u that much u need to look closer to home darlin "

WHAT?

over a year ago

"if caps really get to u that much u need to look closer to home darlin

WHAT? "

over a year ago

With the limitations of the site capitalisation is sometimes necessary. If I see the odd word capitalised I assume emphasis is on that word.

If it's all capitals, depending on the tone I either think, not computer savvy, bless em or blimey...they're angry...and quickly move on.

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

"i think sometimes people just used caps on certain words to make them stand out

i dont mind that, its ones who rant in caps that i dont get, it does just come over as moaning"

+1

over a year ago

I find any negativity in a profile offputting.

If the first paragraph details how certain people better not contact them or they will be blocked or a long list of blockable offences, including the use of capitals, before the profile even starts to describe what the person is like puts me off. Fancy starting a profile with nagativity.

If people are more concerned about filling their profile with people they don't wish to meet rather than a positive profile about themselves and what they are looking for, then I just click off. Sounds too much like hard work to me and I can't be arsed to put that amount of effort in - I would if it was Brad and Angelina but sadly that isn't ever gonna be the case is it

over a year ago

"i think sometimes people just used caps on certain words to make them stand out

i dont mind that, its ones who rant in caps that i dont get, it does just come over as moaning"

I can appreciate that and understand the reasons why some folk have to highlight a certain point, but what I can`t get my head around is the need to almost fill their profile with NEGATIVES in capitals as Iconic clearly states.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple
over a year ago

Hinckley

i dont mind that, its ones who rant in caps that i dont get, it does just come over as moaning

I can appreciate that and understand the reasons why some folk have to highlight a certain point, but what I can`t get my head around is the need to almost fill their profile with NEGATIVES in capitals as Iconic clearly states. "

I think the option for bold or italics would remove a lot of the capitols...sure someone will tell me the options already there now

over a year ago

Is it capitals or capitols, I`m not very well educated? I`m confuddled now.

over a year ago

There's lots of humour in profiles and that's what I like. Someone will have a huge long profile filled with PLEASE READ - WE DO NOT MEET ..... AND YOU WILL BE BLOCKED INSTANTLY

And the last sentence will read `Fun, easy going laid back friendly couple - lol yeah course you are

Post new Message to Thread