Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I am disgusted

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town."

I left Essex for a similar reason.....was full of essex people

over a year ago

Stu, I'm-the-only-foreigner-on-the-island, Johnny Foreigner by jove!

over a year ago

"Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town."

No, the producers make it llok that way, trust me not all the crims in any town are 'only the foreigners' and I should know .....

over a year ago

"Stu, I'm-the-only-foreigner-on-the-island, Johnny Foreigner by jove! "

sssssshhhhhhhh.....they not realised yet....have found that by lurking in the fields and worrying the sheep with my best lecherous stare makes the toothless crofters here assume i am a born n bred islander

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Obviously the inability to ask for a pint of your best "Heavy" must be what gives it away.

over a year ago

Odd, I'm watching it and that really doesn't seem to be the case.

So what is really the agenda with this post?

over a year ago

I have turned over. Just that crime has gone up the last few years.

over a year ago

"I have turned over. Just that crime has gone up the last few years."

You should turn back over, they are just showing a xenophobic attack (their term not mine), based on your opening post you may relate to that?

over a year ago

"I have turned over. Just that crime has gone up the last few years.

You should turn back over, they are just showing a xenophobic attack (their term not mine), based on your opening post you may relate to that?"

Am not was just shocked to see it.

over a year ago

There at least two very lovely people in Peterborough who made me feel very welcome a few years back.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town.

I left Essex for a similar reason.....was full of essex people "

I bolted essex for the glorious north... i feel your pain!!!

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

"Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town.

I left Essex for a similar reason.....was full of essex people "

and even the Scottish mainland didn't want you Stu-uuuu-uuu

By *ax the gentle GiantMan
over a year ago

birmingham

at least its equal opertunities and everyone gets treated the same in the eyes of the law forginers or natives if you do wrong the law should address the issues and punish you for your crimes

over a year ago

"Watching Cop squad and they in Peterborough. Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign. Says a lot about my town. at least its equal opertunities and everyone gets treated the same in the eyes of the law forginers or natives if you do wrong the law should address the issues and punish you for your crimes "

very true

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

It may have where you live, but overall throughout mainland UK, crime remains static overall, with the figures at their lowest level since 1981.

Source? Page 15 of the BCS issued summer 2011.

over a year ago

" Says a lot about my town."

It's all those roundabouts in p'boro..they do peoples heads in

By *o DaddyMan
over a year ago

Worcestershire

No, the producers make it llok that way, trust me not all the crims in any town are 'only the foreigners' and I should know ..... "

how do you know?

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Or says a lot about the police in your town.

over a year ago

Thats due to unemployment and the prisons being emptied early ..

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What does it say about your town?

What is a lot ?

What is it to be 'bloody' foreign?

Do you mean the police are purposely not arresting indigenous criminals ?

I wish I lived in the days of Dick Turpin. There was no crime then.

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Thats due to unemployment and the prisons being emptied early .."

Except it's not true. Crime has not risen in the last few years

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thats due to unemployment and the prisons being emptied early ...

Except it's not true. Crime has not risen in the last few years"

Must be all those British people moving overseas. They go ......the crime goes.

over a year ago

i think the smaller the place the higher the crime rate appears. im in birmingham so ratio population to crime seems lower. my son is in hereford and as its smaller the ratio appears higher but its a lot less. it gives an unbalanced ratio.

over a year ago

No, the producers make it llok that way, trust me not all the crims in any town are 'only the foreigners' and I should know .....

how do you know? "

well crime figures, statistics, quality news sources, and an understanding of how this sort of tv is produced would all help. As of course not buying into bnp/edl propaganda...

over a year ago

The highlight of this program was the guy they arrested for assaulting a Mexican. He denied it and then used his phone call to ring, in the presence of police his girlfriend and tell her that he'd been nicked for assulting a "fucking pole that shouldn't even be here" and then denied it and maintained his innocencr... Highlighted brilliantly how moronic the average racist is to not even differentiate betweem a pole and a Mexican...

over a year ago

A toerag is a toerag no matter what colour coat they wear

over a year ago

Glad i dont live there.

over a year ago

(Maybe Granny asked you too many questions).

over a year ago

Not a lot its pants.

over a year ago

When I read your opening post and this post I'm left a little confused.

Is your general point that you percieve the town is picking on 'foreigners' or that foreign people are carrying out most of the crime?

over a year ago

(Maybe Granny asked you too many questions). "

I think the "bloody foreign" says all I need to know about the op

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/12/11 12:50:30]

over a year ago

I am not racist far from it was just shocked to see it on the telly. And yes Peterborough has gone down fast in the last few years. That is a fact not saying it is all to do with the influx of foreign people but more crime, more drugs more brothels. Would not go down some parts during the day let alone at night and the programme just added to that and did not show Peterborough in a good light I used to love where I lived have lived here all my life and have seen a massive change. And its not just Peterborough but other parts of the country too.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Not a lot its pants."

Ever considered why that may be? The root cause?

over a year ago

"I am not racist far from it was just shocked to see it on the telly. And yes Peterborough has gone down fast in the last few years. That is a fact not saying it is all to do with the influx of foreign people but more crime, more drugs more brothels. Would not go down some parts during the day let alone at night and the programme just added to that and did not show Peterborough in a good light I used to love where I lived have lived here all my life and have seen a massive change. And its not just Peterborough but other parts of the country too."

Thanks for the explanation but it doesn't clarify the statement you make in your opening post.

'Sorry but all of the criminals, drug dealers and naughty people they are arresting are bloody foreign'

What do you mean by this?

You open with an apology, so I ask again, are you apologising because you believe your town is focussing on arresting foreign people, or are you apologising because you believe the crime is carried out mainly by foreign people and your a little concerned this view may be considered unpalatable on these forums?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

We have very low crime rate here. Its a small county but i live in the main town. Over the last 3 years we have had quite a lot of ethnic minority people moved here, mainly polish. We also had a big family of gypsies move on to the outskirts and people kicked off.

As far as im aware crime rate hasnt changed, the gypsies and ethnic families have fitted really well into the community causing no problems.

Im not up on the youngsters here so not sure what the drug situation is but im sure we would all know about it it was bad.

Im absolutly blessed to live where i do

over a year ago

Shaz unfortunately your opening post doesn't come over well at all.

over a year ago

I think the "bloody foreign" says all I need to know about the op "

Assesses as racist and sits back smug and satisfied with putting the world to rights

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

there lots of scots in blackpool

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"there lots of scots in blackpool

"

There's a lot of Scots in York. And we're still allowed to shoot them!

Obviously, living in York, we don't have many 'bloody foreigners' committing all the crimes, but we still have crime in York. So native British must be responsible for it. Either that or ghosts!

over a year ago

Obviously, living in York, we don't have many 'bloody foreigners' committing all the crimes, but we still have crime in York. So native British must be responsible for it. Either that or ghosts! "

The biggest thief in York is Betty's Tea Rooms

And best of it is, people queue up to be mugged

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Obviously, living in York, we don't have many 'bloody foreigners' committing all the crimes, but we still have crime in York. So native British must be responsible for it. Either that or ghosts!

And best of it is, people queue up to be mugged "

I know! It's amazing that the county of notorious tightwads is the home of the most expensive scones in the UK! I've been a couple of times but ran out of internal organs to sell.

over a year ago

I know! It's amazing that the county of notorious tightwads is the home of the most expensive scones in the UK! I've been a couple of times but ran out of internal organs to sell. "

I always pop in for a 'fat rascal' though - it's not often I get to indulge in a spot of cannibalism

over a year ago

Britain is raised on immigration through the generations all walks of life come and settle here. My grandparents were Irish and settled here. Not got a problem with it I apologise for the opening statement was just shocked to see it appear on t.v I know it was edited for entertainment purposes if you can call it entertainment. I have very good friends that are polish who live across the road from me and my youngest is best friends with the youngest. It was the fact that the show did not show my town in a good light.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

I know! It's amazing that the county of notorious tightwads is the home of the most expensive scones in the UK! I've been a couple of times but ran out of internal organs to sell. "

Last time i peeked in the window, even Vanilla's were £3.50 a pop.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I know! It's amazing that the county of notorious tightwads is the home of the most expensive scones in the UK! I've been a couple of times but ran out of internal organs to sell.

Last time i peeked in the window, even Vanilla's were £3.50 a pop."

That's cheap. Are swingers more ?

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I think the "bloody foreign" says all I need to know about the op "

Sums it up for me too.....

over a year ago

"I am not racist "

Well I'm not convinced. As I said very early on in the thread, i watched this program. And your original post is so far from the truth it is laughable. Because in no way was it highlighting any ethnic group. If anything the opposite of what you say is true, as I've also said that they even showed someone being arrested for what was described as a xenophobic but was arguably a racist attack.

So how does that fit with your rant about "bloody foreigners"? As I say what was the point of this thread (considering the program was not as you claim) and in particular the terminology if it was not a pathetic racist rant?

Oh yeah you've used the "I have #insert appropriatte ethinic minority here# friend" defence, how could you possibly not be a racist now you have polish friends?

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"I am not racist far from it was just shocked to see it on the telly. And yes Peterborough has gone down fast in the last few years. That is a fact not saying it is all to do with the influx of foreign people but more crime, more drugs more brothels. Would not go down some parts during the day let alone at night and the programme just added to that and did not show Peterborough in a good light I used to love where I lived have lived here all my life and have seen a massive change. And its not just Peterborough but other parts of the country too."

In order for crime to rise as drastically as you claim it has in Peterborough it must have declined as drastically elsewhere - why do you think that is?

Oh, and why don't you directly respond to posts pointing out what the crime stats says?

over a year ago

"I am not racist far from it was just shocked to see it on the telly. And yes Peterborough has gone down fast in the last few years. That is a fact not saying it is all to do with the influx of foreign people but more crime, more drugs more brothels. Would not go down some parts during the day let alone at night and the programme just added to that and did not show Peterborough in a good light I used to love where I lived have lived here all my life and have seen a massive change. And its not just Peterborough but other parts of the country too.

In order for crime to rise as drastically as you claim it has in Peterborough it must have declined as drastically elsewhere - why do you think that is?

Oh, and why don't you directly respond to posts pointing out what the crime stats says?"

Because I have no idea.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/12/11 21:59:11]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/12/11 22:00:01]

over a year ago

Crime figures in PeterboroughChange location

Crime is tackled locally by Crime & Disorder Reduction Partnerships (CDRPs). These are a partnership of the police, local authorities and other organisations whose aim is to tackle crime and disorder on a local level.

See how your local authority's crime rate measures against the national average.

PETERBOROUGH COUNCIL AVERAGE

Population 171,200 -

Households 73,000 -

Burglary 11.7 9.6

Criminal damage 18.6 12.7

Drug offences 4.4 4.2

Fraud and forgery 4.5 2.7

Offences against vehicles 10.7 8.2

Other offences 2.6 1.2

Other theft offences 30.7 19.3

Robbery 1.7 1.4

Sexual offences 1.7 1.0

Violence against the person 23.4 14.8

Data is supplied by the Home Office based on data collected by police forces in England and Wales between 2010 and 2011.

Crime statistics are per 1,000 of the population within the local authority area.

You wanted statistics here they are.

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Great statistics...are they all foreign?

over a year ago

"Great statistics...are they all foreign?"

No of course not. But crime is up.

Channel 152 pick tv in Peterborough again you tell me if it shows Peterborough in a good light.

over a year ago

And most of it is filmed in one area Millfield.

over a year ago

And yes the d*unken englishman does not look good too.

over a year ago

"And yes the d*unken englishman does not look good too."

Does any race look good when d*unk!

over a year ago

have forgotten what crime is....door unlocked 24/7 (24 Acacia Ave in case any crims interested)....the locals leave their quads...tractors...trailers etc by the roadside for days on end...the council leave eqpt about for ages and bikes always unattended and unlocked at the bus stops

it helps that this is a small island where everyone knows everyone so no anonymous crimes or quick getaways...lololol

over a year ago

"And yes the d*unken englishman does not look good too.

Does any race look good when d*unk!"

I suppose not

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"have forgotten what crime is....door unlocked 24/7 (24 Acacia Ave in case any crims interested)....the locals leave their quads...tractors...trailers etc by the roadside for days on end...the council leave eqpt about for ages and bikes always unattended and unlocked at the bus stops

it helps that this is a small island where everyone knows everyone so no anonymous crimes or quick getaways...lololol"

and the sheep don't talk?

over a year ago

"have forgotten what crime is....door unlocked 24/7 (24 Acacia Ave in case any crims interested)....the locals leave their quads...tractors...trailers etc by the roadside for days on end...the council leave eqpt about for ages and bikes always unattended and unlocked at the bus stops

it helps that this is a small island where everyone knows everyone so no anonymous crimes or quick getaways...lololol

and the sheep don't talk? "

oh....they do.....they're always bleating on at me....day n bloomin' night

over a year ago

The Op sadly seems determined to avoid directly answering any questions challenging her opening post, I note her apology for making it.

Is the apology made as some kind of acknowledgement that the statement was offensive and contradicts other posts she has made?

Or is it just a line delivered in the hope that other forum users will stop trying to hold her to account?

over a year ago

It was an apology for the statement I made and I should not of made it. But like I say was shocked but should not of used those words.

Post new Message to Thread