Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Week 19

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well hello again lol

Can’t believe it’s been so many weeks since my operation doesn’t feel that long ago I went to hospital to have my bones corrected and knee sorted.

I started intense physio last week which is designed to do exercises to build muscles back into the leg and strengthening the areas to provide stability and strength. I have over done it a lil was suppose just do the intense exercises couple times a week but at first I did every other day now end of first week my legs ache so much when walk or sit cos muscle pain.

I know will improve but feels crap at min, back to physio this week and yet another meeting at work (funny they want you healthy an back quickly but every meeting causes stress and worry which can hamper recovery and makes me feel rubbish about work cos I’m off for genuine reason an yet have to keep justifying why off and why off so long saying my job very physical and intensive)

Off to see u2 tomorrow which will be exciting lil nervous about crowds and stairs but know it be ok.

Sorry for usual post I know it’s not social media site but I can’t express these feelings an thoughts on fb as I don’t use while off cos when I did at start my boss was funny making comments like I was skiving lol

Hope your week ok

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good to see more progress my friend - go easy and don’t overdo it though!

Have a great time st the U2 gig, should be awesome!

over a year ago

"Good to see more progress my friend - go easy and don’t overdo it though!

Have a great time st the U2 gig, should be awesome! "

Yeah I go every tour and this one mega excited as u2 start at 8pm no support so a long amazing set

Yeah progress going ok but I know I over did it as every other day did full session I could feel my muscles so tight and sore.

Thanks mate for support

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

This kind of thing's always an uphill struggle, especially to begin with, but i know you'll get there in the end. Don't worry about having to justify taking time off work, if anyone has a problem with it that's down to them. You're doing nothing wrong.

Once your physio treatment's at an end you might want to consider yoga as a means of future maintainance. It's great for toning and muscle building as well as staying flexible.

Keep up the good work.

over a year ago

"This kind of thing's always an uphill struggle, especially to begin with, but i know you'll get there in the end. Don't worry about having to justify taking time off work, if anyone has a problem with it that's down to them. You're doing nothing wrong.

Once your physio treatment's at an end you might want to consider yoga as a means of future maintainance. It's great for toning and muscle building as well as staying flexible.

Keep up the good work. "

Oh Ano just annoys me I’m off sick cos operation and every meeting is same thing it makes me worked up and my partner says it hampers me cos I focus on that.

Oh yoga I can’t wait to try although I will be limited what can do as I can’t kneel on right knee due to screws, also going do aqua jog, Thai chi and others till find what like.

I know it’s hard physio told me this next session be amazing if last 20-25 mins did first week....

At moment am just enjoying anything I do cos I feels good my legs are tight muscular and my ass is hard and tight lol I hate that I got so fat again though nearly back to original weight 16.5 st although everyone’s I see says it don’t show cos my posture and build has changed due to fitness pre op

Thanks again

Post new Message to Thread