Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why single

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A thought just occurred to me. Many meets on here are ruined due to people being let down. Many of these same people insist on only meeting single people. At our ages many of the single people are single for a reason. They are probably unreliable and flakey. Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion meeting married people only is the way forward.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Or its a married person who's partner has changed plans last minute?

over a year ago

"A thought just occurred to me. Many meets on here are ruined due to people being let down. Many of these same people insist on only meeting single people. At our ages many of the single people are single for a reason. They are probably unreliable and flakey. Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion meeting married people only is the way forward. "

Are you married OP?

over a year ago

Single for a reason - yep not settling for second best and knowing exactly what I want

Unreliable and flaky? Hmmmm I think not.

over a year ago

Actually no.

over a year ago

But the married people are much more restricted with their time, what with the hiding from their partner thing most of them have to do.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I always assume most singles are playing away anyway.

over a year ago

"Actually no. "

Wait.... your single at 46, and have just made a post about people beong single for a reason and should only meet married people? If you dont want to meet people just say that in your profile

over a year ago

But does the having to hide make them better at planning their time? Therefore meaning they are more likely to actually make the effort and turn up?

over a year ago

"A thought just occurred to me. Many meets on here are ruined due to people being let down. Many of these same people insist on only meeting single people. At our ages many of the single people are single for a reason. They are probably unreliable and flakey. Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion meeting married people only is the way forward. "

I'm not unreliable and flakey, that's a ridiculous statement to make, I have never let anyone down for a meet, social or otherwise...

Have you arranged to meet EVERY single person on this site to have such an emphatic view about it?

The people who have let me down have been married ... Go figure

over a year ago

Didn't say I hadn't been married until recently though did I. Believe it or not I was making a general observation. It's not all about me.

over a year ago

Oh and you can't accommodate and don't have public pics, are you married OP?

over a year ago

Are you unreliable and flakey? Op?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Being married, attached or single has nothing to do with being flakey and unreliable... That's just poor character.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"A thought just occurred to me. Many meets on here are ruined due to people being let down. Many of these same people insist on only meeting single people. At our ages many of the single people are single for a reason. They are probably unreliable and flakey. Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion meeting married people only is the way forward.

I'm not unreliable and flakey, that's a ridiculous statement to make, I have never let anyone down for a meet, social or otherwise...

Have you arranged to meet EVERY single person on this site to have such an emphatic view about it?

The people who have let me down have been married ... Go figure "

Were you meeting the married people with the blessing of their partners?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"But does the having to hide make them better at planning their time? Therefore meaning they are more likely to actually make the effort and turn up?"

No. It means they are more likely to cancel as they can't get away from the wife. Single men are by far more reliable in my experience

over a year ago

"But does the having to hide make them better at planning their time? Therefore meaning they are more likely to actually make the effort and turn up?"

But doesn't it also not mean their partner could scupper plans or indeed their own conscience could find the reality of meeting carries more guilt than excitement and back out?

over a year ago

I'm single, I'm not flaky or unreliable.

over a year ago

"But does the having to hide make them better at planning their time? Therefore meaning they are more likely to actually make the effort and turn up?

But doesn't it also not mean their partner could scupper plans or indeed their own conscience could find the reality of meeting carries more guilt than excitement and back out? "

Oh without doubt yes. But surely conscience and nerves can get the better of anyone.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Are you saying cheaters are more reliable?

over a year ago

Its not nice when your chatting to a married man and he vanishes mid conversation as the wifes walked in or that he cant meet evenings or weekends either. Its a quick meet daytime during the week. That's not fun tbh. Its easier putting up with the single men x

over a year ago

"But does the having to hide make them better at planning their time? Therefore meaning they are more likely to actually make the effort and turn up?

But doesn't it also not mean their partner could scupper plans or indeed their own conscience could find the reality of meeting carries more guilt than excitement and back out?

Oh without doubt yes. But surely conscience and nerves can get the better of anyone."

Why conscience?

over a year ago

"A thought just occurred to me. Many meets on here are ruined due to people being let down. Many of these same people insist on only meeting single people. At our ages many of the single people are single for a reason. They are probably unreliable and flakey. Perhaps, and it's only a suggestion meeting married people only is the way forward.

Are you saying cheaters are more reliable?"

Something positive for the cheaters at last.

By *rs99Man
over a year ago

Scarborough

Can sumone explain to me what flakey means I honestly don't know

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Are you saying cheaters are more reliable?

Something positive for the cheaters at last. "

Gor bless those plucky devils!

By *olo199Man
over a year ago

sheffield

"I'm single, I'm not flaky or unreliable. "

Was thinking same

By *eorge n DragonCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire

Need head and shoulders?

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Love the concept of that a person must be 'broken' in some way if they are single. A reason for being single needn't be negative.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Its not nice when your chatting to a married man or woman and he or she vanishes mid conversation as the wife or husband has walked in, or that he or she cant meet evenings or weekends either. Its a quick meet daytime during the week. That's not fun tbh. Its easier putting up with the single men or women x"

Fify

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Love the concept of that a person must be 'broken' in some way if they are single. A reason for being single needn't be negative."

Exactly! I can understand it if he said divorced people, but single! Seriously!

over a year ago

"I'm single, I'm not flaky or unreliable.

Was thinking same "

Its means they need to go back to the clinic... do not touch

over a year ago

Op I'm genuinely single. Was in a relationship until the start of this year. Would I ever start a thread suggesting single women meet married guys so as to minimise the risk of meeting flakes and people who are "single for a reason"? Never ever ever ever ever ever ever. That would be a totally self undermining act and complete cheater-vision bullshit

You must be married imo

over a year ago

Makes no difference at all

over a year ago

infact im totally the opposite i go well out of my way to meet good people

over a year ago

"Being married, attached or single has nothing to do with being flakey and unreliable... That's just poor character."

Seconded

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Just wondering why a single maleprofile would post anything suggesting singles are unreliable flaky and.....

Hello bullet meet foot

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I’m single. Slightly flakey but I am using coco butter to help with that.

If I was attached would I be here probably not but that would also depend on the person I was with and even then I may not like to share her.

Maybe I should find that rainbow and see if it tastes as good as it looks

By *angtasticallyMan
over a year ago

Drogheda

Yeah if your married are single and dont have profile pic are dont show I think it definitely a bad sign if it without reason

over a year ago

OP I do find it odd that you are single. But you label all singles in the same way, I assume you are putting yourself in that category then ?

I am single, with good reason and happy. I go out of my way to meet people. I know single fems get flooded with messages on here, and that not everyone likes everyone ... that's just life isn't it ?

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Ditto

over a year ago

"But the married people are much more restricted with their time, what with the hiding from their partner thing most of them have to do. "

THIS!!!!

By *ix-foot-two-stuMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Unless you can show a correlation between a persons relationship status and their reliability, then you can’t legitimately start drawing conclusions like this. Your anecdotal experience may lead you to personal conclusions, but as a single person (single because I chose to leave my wife for very legitimate reasons - and no third part was involved), I take umbrage at the accusation that I’m unreliable and flakey.

This site’s feedback system acts as a moderating influence on the behaviour of people who care about their reputation on here. Thise people who are unreiable and flakey will surely be flagged as such and will be disadvantaged as a result?

What might be interesting (for anyone studying something or other) would be a survey of fab members indicating the number of successful meets vs let downs by single and attached people. Those three figures might help make a more scientific decision on whether or not to restrict your selection if date partner.

Personally, as a single man, having only had two dates with Fab members, I don’t feel in any kind of position to be particularly selective on when it comes to relationship status

over a year ago

I’m single, but Im not flaky and don’t cancel...

Though that’s probably down to the fact I never get any meets lol

over a year ago

I'm not flakey,but being single doesn't mean I don't have responsibilities or events happening in my life that can cause me to cancel.

If I make a definite arrangement to meet someone the only thing that would stop me is becoming ill, or a family crisis.

This is why I talk a lot before committing.

over a year ago

"Love the concept of that a person must be 'broken' in some way if they are single. A reason for being single needn't be negative.

Exactly! I can understand it if he said divorced people, but single! Seriously! "

Oi, I'm divorced

over a year ago

Im single and not flakey I use head and shoulders

over a year ago

I think the OP works at greggs. Problem solved, you're welcome.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I'm single and have no kids, yet I must be one of the most difficult people to try to meet. I have work commitments, family commitments, friend commitments, a monstrous pile of a house and a couple of acres of grounds to maintain... And sometimes I need some time for myself too!

If I do make a plan with someone I do my utmost to keep it, but some things are out of my control, and I will be just as disappointed about having to cancel or postpone as they are.

Does that make me a flake or unreliable?

over a year ago

I don’t think the OP thought this one through.

over a year ago

The ones that have let me down in the past turned out to be married or attached, ( they failed to tell me that part)

By *ostafunMan
over a year ago

near ipswich

"Single for a reason - yep not settling for second best and knowing exactly what I want

Unreliable and flaky? Hmmmm I think not. "

me too couldn't agree more.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

[Removed by poster at 19/10/18 11:58:42]

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

No. It means they are more likely to cancel as they can't get away from the wife. Single men are by far more reliable in my experience "

Yes. Yes we are.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

No. It means they are more likely to cancel as they can't get away from the wife. Single men are by far more reliable in my experience

Yes. Yes we are. "

I think they ment single, not fab single.

over a year ago

"Love the concept of that a person must be 'broken' in some way if they are single. A reason for being single needn't be negative.

Oi, I'm divorced "

Me too and was going to say the same. I’m far from broken, my divorce was rather amicable

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Oi, I'm divorced "

..... ackward..

over a year ago

Yes. Yes we are. "

Since when are you single?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Oi, I'm divorced

Me too and was going to say the same. I’m far from broken, my divorce was rather amicable "

I don't understand amicable divorce. Surely if it's that amiable you could have just tried to make it work? Probably naive of me.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Yes. Yes we are.

I think they ment single, not fab single. "

You say either and I say either,

You say neither and I say neither

Either, either neither, neither

Let's call the whole thing off.

You like potato and I like potahto

You like tomato and I like tomahto

Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto.

Let's call the whole thing off.

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

Me too and was going to say the same. I’m far from broken, my divorce was rather amicable

I don't understand amicable divorce. Surely if it's that amiable you could have just tried to make it work? Probably naive of me."

After complicated surgeries in a delicate place I lost my sex drive and couldn’t get it back at that time. We are still friends and we did try but I couldn’t get that sexual spark back.

By *hite1100Man
over a year ago

Hither Green

Oi, I'm divorced

I don't understand amicable divorce. Surely if it's that amiable you could have just tried to make it work? Probably naive of me.

After complicated surgeries in a delicate place I lost my sex drive and couldn’t get it back at that time. We are still friends and we did try but I couldn’t get that sexual spark back. "

Sorry to hear that, but good for you for remaining on friendly terms.

I’m friends with my first girlfriend (who I met when I was 17). It’s taken a while to get there, but works pretty well now. We even swap dating stories!

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

After complicated surgeries in a delicate place I lost my sex drive and couldn’t get it back at that time. We are still friends and we did try but I couldn’t get that sexual spark back.

Sorry to hear that, but good for you for remaining on friendly terms.

I’m friends with my first girlfriend (who I met when I was 17). It’s taken a while to get there, but works pretty well now. We even swap dating stories! "

Mine is nosey, he was calling me yesterday to ask about a gig I went to and then asking about my dating. He doesn’t think anyone is good enough for me though, ha.

By *VBethTV/TS
over a year ago

Chester

I'm single because it's hard finding a gay man who wants a TV partner who doesn't dress full time....

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Oi, I'm divorced

After complicated surgeries in a delicate place I lost my sex drive and couldn’t get it back at that time. We are still friends and we did try but I couldn’t get that sexual spark back. "

I'm not convinced that should have ended in divorce. But I'm not here to judge. (You).

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

I'm not convinced that should have ended in divorce. But I'm not here to judge. (You)."

He wanted to be sexual with me and I didn’t. What’s not to understand. I pushed him away for 5 years. We both deserved to be with people that did excite us. He was not into swinging. So that wasn’t an option. We couldn’t continue being best mates but no sex forever nor would we cheat. He wanted me sexually and I wanted him platonically.

By *uckslut and MCouple
over a year ago

Poole

Many people are single and for very good reasons.

1, widower.

2, domestic abuse surviour.

3, partner in prison - murder,sex offences ect.

The list goes on,

I totally uphold any single person being a single person if they have been through any of these examples. I find it quite offence that you would call someone flakey due to being single. I just hope you op, have never to endure any of the above. Swinging is an alturnitive lifestyle, however some can be so judgemental.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Oi, I'm divorced

I'm not convinced that should have ended in divorce. But I'm not here to judge. (You).

He wanted to be sexual with me and I didn’t. What’s not to understand. I pushed him away for 5 years. We both deserved to be with people that did excite us. He was not into swinging. So that wasn’t an option. We couldn’t continue being best mates but no sex forever nor would we cheat. He wanted me sexually and I wanted him platonically. "

It just doesn't sound very "in sickness or in health" to me. But you know, whatever.

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

He wanted to be sexual with me and I didn’t. What’s not to understand. I pushed him away for 5 years. We both deserved to be with people that did excite us. He was not into swinging. So that wasn’t an option. We couldn’t continue being best mates but no sex forever nor would we cheat. He wanted me sexually and I wanted him platonically.

It just doesn't sound very "in sickness or in health" to me. But you know, whatever. "

That’s your opinion but we tried several times and even had therapy. I was never going to want him in a sexual way again. I saw him as a friend only in the end. Sorry but that’s life, we are not all compatible for life. I wish things could have been different. Why stay together if you are not happy?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Love the concept of that a person must be 'broken' in some way if they are single. A reason for being single needn't be negative."

Yeah, it was the bastards that we married that were the problem!!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I’m single, but Im not flaky and don’t cancel...

Though that’s probably down to the fact I never get any meets lol"

But you're 50ft tall - that's a wee bit flaky!

over a year ago

Yeah, it was the bastards that we married that were the problem!! "

It’s not just guys! I’m glad I realised my ex was such a cheating bitch before I married her!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Oi, I'm divorced

It just doesn't sound very "in sickness or in health" to me. But you know, whatever. "

Just a "bit" judgemental there.

Werent you saying a few days ago how people had no right to judge your relationship?

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"I always assume most singles are playing away anyway."

Stop causing trouble you lol

over a year ago

Well that created a debate. Job done and have fun.

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

I don't understand amicable divorce. Surely if it's that amiable you could have just tried to make it work? Probably naive of me."

It means we didn't fight over custody of the children, over money, or possessions. A clean break.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yeah, it was the bastards that we married that were the problem!!

It’s not just guys! I’m glad I realised my ex was such a cheating bitch before I married her!"

Bastards and baitches!!!

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

What about "forsaking all others"?

over a year ago

Id just like to say i think this whole post could have just been kept to the op own brain its not really very nice to assume that every single person here is cheating or a time waster i am single and can say im not a time waster im genuine and think that maybe fab isnt for the op and maybe he should leave just my opinion dont hate on me for saying what i feel please i mean no offence

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

It just doesn't sound very "in sickness or in health" to me. But you know, whatever.

What about "forsaking all others"?"

Elvis only mentioned about wearing a pretty red dress and never to wear the blue suede shoes in the rain at my ceremony.

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

Elvis only mentioned about wearing a pretty red dress and never to wear the blue suede shoes in the rain at my ceremony. "

That sounds like a class wedding ceremony

over a year ago

You say unreliable and flakey; I say independent and strong-willed.

Many unreliable and fucked-up people I’ve met are married! Fab is like that box of chocolates: you never know what’ll you’ll get, and it’s irrelevant of relationship status.

over a year ago

Oi, I'm divorced

Elvis only mentioned about wearing a pretty red dress and never to wear the blue suede shoes in the rain at my ceremony.

That sounds like a class wedding ceremony "

Had to use my free flights for something.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Oi, I'm divorced

What about "forsaking all others"?"

Quoting the vows only counts when you're having a dig at someone else.

over a year ago

I think so. They also appreciate discretion.

over a year ago

I'm guessing.... this is just a guess mind... that you are married OP?

over a year ago

I meet a married man on here.... with his wife's complete permission. In fact she is also a good friend of mine

I wouldn't feel as comfortable with someone who was playing away, behind their wife's back.

over a year ago

Very happily long term single, never had a bad relationship ... also have a hectic life and never met anyone I've wanted to spend the rest of my life with but never let anyone down on here either!!

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Very happily long term single, never had a bad relationship ... also have a hectic life and never met anyone I've wanted to spend the rest of my life with but never let anyone down on here either!! "

And you have dungarees - I like you already!

over a year ago

I'm single....

Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I've been a dumb c##t and I've made epic bad decisions....

Post new Message to Thread