Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What would you do?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When standing in line for a lottery ticket, it amazes me how often people hand them the ticket to see if they've won anything, kind of annoying when they're one of these syndicates.

If someone had a (especially a lucky dip) winning ticket and you were the check out operator, would you do the right thing and tell the truth, or would you think anyone too lazy/stupid to check their own number deserves to be ripped off.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

ahhh but you can here it print out the winning ticket, and if you aren't happy you can always make sure they destroy the ticket or give it back to you. I know I have two winning lines on my ticket at the moment £10 for a wednesday and £2.50 for a weekday what-ever it's called but I don't check every single draw

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont do the lottery very often but when i do i always get them to check for me. Thats what the facility is there for

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'd be totally honest, I couldn't rip anyone off. Also they are using a facility that we are all able to use.

I can imagine some syndicates are huge, I wouldn't fancy checking line after line after line after line... incase I mess it up.

ps. I don't do the lottery.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I'd be totally honest, I couldn't rip anyone off. Also they are using a facility that we are all able to use.

I can imagine some syndicates are huge, I wouldn't fancy checking line after line after line after line... incase I mess it up.

ps. I don't do the lottery."

want to come and help me spend my winnings? xxx

over a year ago

If i haven't done the online thing and get the shop to check it i always get the ticket back and shred so they couldn't get it either

over a year ago

yeah..if i wanted to get nicked..

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"yeah..if i wanted to get nicked.."

That's a risk you take, have you got time to get it cashed and off to a country with no extradition treaty and wait to see if you've got away with it.

over a year ago

"yeah..if i wanted to get nicked..

That's a risk you take, have you got time to get it cashed and off to a country with no extradition treaty and wait to see if you've got away with it.

"

erm nope..cos its illegal and more importantly its morally wrong.

I don't know how some people sleep at night

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"I'd be totally honest, I couldn't rip anyone off. Also they are using a facility that we are all able to use.

want to come and help me spend my winnings? xxx"

Hey I got £8.70 on mine, wanna pool?

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

want to come and help me spend my winnings? xxx

Hey I got £8.70 on mine, wanna pool?"

blimey, you've got a 10th of the cost of a good SCUBA mask, don't spend it on something frivolous lol

Post new Message to Thread