Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glutton for...

Jump to newest

By *rimson_Rose OP   Woman
over a year ago

Tamworth

What is your glutton for punishment moment?

For me, it's checking my work phone before I go to bed. I usually think of it at 2200 just as I head upstairs. An excellent choice of time, leaving me perfectly focused on work as I start to wind down

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I'm guilty of this too

over a year ago

Tamworth

"I'm guilty of this too"

What better time than late at night to solve that piggish problem or pick up the email from that really clever person who just doesn't get your job

By *riefcase_WankerMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I used to be really guilty of this in my last role, answering emails at 11.30 on a Saturday night...

I've got much better at the new place, though it took me an age to stop feeling guilty about leaving on time...

"What - you mean...I can go? But I've only worked my hours? I've only done up to what you pay me for, are you sure it's okay?"

Thankfully settled nicely into the groove now

over a year ago

Tamworth

"I used to be really guilty of this in my last role, answering emails at 11.30 on a Saturday night...

I've got much better at the new place, though it took me an age to stop feeling guilty about leaving on time...

"What - you mean...I can go? But I've only worked my hours? I've only done up to what you pay me for, are you sure it's okay?"

Thankfully settled nicely into the groove now "

I need to take a leaf out of your book.

When we have our SLT meeting, we almost have to get kicked out - it's like a game of brinksmanship for who can leave the latest.

Post new Message to Thread