Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

hell explained

Jump to newest

By *lutandhubby OP   Couple
over a year ago

west midlands

The following is an actual question given on a University of Arizona chemistry mid term, and an actual answer turned in by a student.

The answer by one student was so 'profound' that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well

: Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving, which is unlikely.. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over. So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, 'It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,' and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct....... .....leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting 'Oh my God.'

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

helluva a student

By *on101bristolMan
over a year ago

Bristol

That's excellent!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

lol

By *danteMan
over a year ago

rhonda

brilliant

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Brilliant

over a year ago

Deserves an A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Great news for all the as they will now be able to have a big orgy with all the in heaven.

Wonder if they'll do extra sensitive/ribbed/dotted halos? x

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

Boldon

OMG - I hope he got an A!

over a year ago

wow would love to meet him.

over a year ago

Wicked

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

love the logic - awesome

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

een doing the rounds for years, one of those urban myths, but bloody funny

over a year ago

"OMG - I hope he got an A! "

did you not read the whole thread???

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Brilliant...reminds me of a story about oscar wilde...

He was sitting his latin translation exam to go to Oxford.It was the new testament,the trial of Jesus.He finished in a few minutes and the envigilator told him,it was ok,he could stop..

"But i want to know how it ends" said Wilde...genius

over a year ago

An oldie but a goodie

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Further proof that hell has frozen over came from the Eagles, when asked if they would ever get together again they said when hell freezes over.

The comeback album was named Hell Freezes Over. so between that and Teresa all fab members remember to wrap up just before you expire.

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Further proof that hell has frozen over came from the Eagles, when asked if they would ever get together again they said when hell freezes over.

The comeback album was named Hell Freezes Over. so between that and Teresa all fab members remember to wrap up just before you expire."

Well, the Eagles could hardly call it the 'we've spent all our money on ' tour could they?

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Further proof that hell has frozen over came from the Eagles, when asked if they would ever get together again they said when hell freezes over.

The comeback album was named Hell Freezes Over. so between that and Teresa all fab members remember to wrap up just before you expire.

Well, the Eagles could hardly call it the 'we've spent all our money on ' tour could they?"

Perhaps they were Pepsi artistes?

over a year ago

Genius.

Teresa might be a bit upset by his lack of discretion!

Post new Message to Thread