Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My friendis about to go unlos

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A mate of mine has been on fab for a while, but seems to be well in the doldrums. I have chatted with him about it and he is ready to throw in the towel.

He was active in the forums but I think the 'Inner Circle' of players in our area is grinfing him down.

I have suggested to him to just take a break, hide his profile andavoid logging in for a while, but he is determined.

I suspect it isn't fab thats the problem. He was smitten with a lass, he assures me they weren't intimate and I believe him.

I have asked him how he really feels as I think he is becominb depressed and he may be in a better place if he does just take a break.

I'm worried for him. Normally I'm a twat, but he is a genuine bloke and I don't like seeing him down.

Any thoughts out there?

Oh and we both know each other are on here and have sworn a pact to never speak of it outside of fab...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Apologies for the spelling. I haven't got my readers on.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You stay on here for as long as it's fun to do so. The minute it stops being fun take a break. You can always come back

If your mate has veris tell him to hide his profile and log off. If he leaves he may find it hard getting verified again if he decides to come back.

Your friend probably knows all this anyway

By *ortobello SionnachWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"You stay on here for as long as it's fun to do so. The minute it stops being fun take a break. You can always come back

If your mate has veris tell him to hide his profile and log off. If he leaves he may find it hard getting verified again if he decides to come back.

Your friend probably knows all this anyway "

Best advice as said is just to hide your profile for a man then its not starting from scratch if you do come back (50% do come back)

over a year ago

I agree about hiding his profile.

Can you go for a beer with him to cheer him up away from Fab?

over a year ago

If he is determined to leave then why try convince him otherwise? Fab isn't the be all and end all, he may find he's happier without it especially if as you suspect he is feeling left out or is emotionally unstable.

He may decide to come back in his own time. The best you can do is just be there if and when he wants to talk.

over a year ago

If he's smitten with her, he will come back, if only for a nosey

So pointless leaving

Keep the profile and find someone else to be smitten over

Someone that reciprocates

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Just get him to hide his profile and do something else.

over a year ago

If by staying on here and constantly seeing this woman’s profile is upsetting him then maybe he needs to take a break. He might say he’s not fallen for her but by the sound of his actions he probably as.

over a year ago

Thank you for the sage advice. I sent him a link to this thread but he has now gone.

Shame as he is single, could accommodate and is quite fit. If he wasn't a mate, I'd have tried to turn him

Post new Message to Thread