Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

volumne of messages

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

It's often said (even in the FAQ's)that ladies and couple's can receive loads of messages a day.

Does the fact you get loads of messages stop you or make you not bother being proactive and seek out your potential playmates.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No it doesn't

over a year ago

No, if I’m actively seeking then I just look for the messages off those that fit the criteria x

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I rarely actively seek. I stumble upon people.

over a year ago

It often puts me off to be honest. Even now with my profile hid I've got messages

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

It only annoys me when I miss messages from friends and people I want to chat to because of all the other ones from people who can’t even read a headline let alone a profile.

over a year ago

I don't get loads of messages. I use my common sense re: filters etc.

I don't go looking anymore because the men local to me have shit profiles and all they want is a blow job round the back of a supermarket.

The men have put me right off sex.

over a year ago

I must be the exception to the rule. I don’t get that many messages at all. I think I may just emit that ‘don’t even bother’ aura.

over a year ago

I send messages all the time that don’t get read.

TIP

I tried putting ‘I don’t like your profile’ in the header this morning. It got read within 2 mins.

over a year ago

"It only annoys me when I miss messages from friends and people I want to chat to because of all the other ones from people who can’t even read a headline let alone a profile. "

Why are women so rude?

over a year ago

I'm already speaking to those I'm interested in, so I no longer actively seek. The amount of messages I now get are inconsequential

over a year ago

Too many messages gets very tiresome so filtering and not showing photos do reduce the volume but can still be off putting

over a year ago

I usually have my filters on so nobody can message me, occasionally they come off for a forum game but all other messages get deleted.

I actively seek and message people of interest, if they reply, great! If not I move on and not worry about it

over a year ago

No I work my way through all my messages first then I deal with any potential new additions

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Reason I asked

I saw a thread earlier from a couple who having rejoined had lots of guys message yet they'd not proactively gone seeking those they were looking for.

If they'd been messaged by folk that fitted their preferences I could understand not making the effort, with them not it Seemed strange to me that you'd still wait for the mountain to come to you.

over a year ago

"I rarely actively seek. I stumble upon people."

Same here!

over a year ago

"It only annoys me when I miss messages from friends and people I want to chat to because of all the other ones from people who can’t even read a headline let alone a profile. "

Yes this!

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It only annoys me when I miss messages from friends and people I want to chat to because of all the other ones from people who can’t even read a headline let alone a profile.

Why are women so rude?"

Why are men so ignorant?

By *ortobello SionnachWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I travel a bit so I tend so look it all seems a bit desperate to me just going with people who mail you rather than looking for what I want.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I only get messages from people I have messaged in the past, I’m all filtered up

over a year ago

"It only annoys me when I miss messages from friends and people I want to chat to because of all the other ones from people who can’t even read a headline let alone a profile.

Yes this! "

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years.

over a year ago

I'm sick of all the mess...... oh wait. I'm a single male. That never happens

over a year ago

Yes this!

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years. "

yes but don't you find same thing ends up happening on them apps to?

over a year ago

"No, if I’m actively seeking then I just look for the messages off those that fit the criteria x "

So you effectively narrow down your searching from just messages sent? It makes sense ad it's a good start to search those who show an interest. They are the most likely, certainly esiest to get a meet from.

I'm guessing the OP question was finding out if a lady has loads of messages then she doesn't put in as much effort in using the search option or local statuses etc.

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

We never get messages

over a year ago

Yes this!

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years. "

Yes I’ve got most of the people I like on kik now. But because I only go through all the messages every now and then I realise i sometimes miss messages from friends . Be good if there was a separate inbox for just friends x

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

i could probably reply to all of mine, just can't be arsed to.

Just because i'm on any site that allows interaction it does not oblige me to interact with anyone who wants me to.

By *ynecplCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

When we started we got roughly 10-15 messages a day, now we are lucky if we get that in a month. Often the only reason we get messages is because we have made initial contact.

over a year ago

"We never get messages "

I find that surprising, given your pics

over a year ago

Why are women so rude?

Why are men so ignorant? "

Why do men think if they message they will get a shag!

Only the select few succeed my friend!

over a year ago

"When we started we got roughly 10-15 messages a day, now we are lucky if we get that in a month. Often the only reason we get messages is because we have made initial contact."

This Or someone saying "I know you're not looking for x but thought I'd give it a try..."

C

over a year ago

Why are women so rude?

Why are men so ignorant?

Only the select few succeed my friend! "

I never think like that ever, which men do you mean?

over a year ago

Yes this!

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years. yes but don't you find same thing ends up happening on them apps to? "

No. I don't have that many on there. Just ones that I really like and would hate to lose contact with.

over a year ago

Yes this!

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years.

Yes I’ve got most of the people I like on kik now. But because I only go through all the messages every now and then I realise i sometimes miss messages from friends . Be good if there was a separate inbox for just friends x"

It would be a really handy tool if fab could do this. I'm guessing it would possibly be an expensive feature though

over a year ago

Yes this!

I've actually started adding those I'm very friendly with, to my kik or WhatsApp, to avoid this issue. I have been blocked by some for coming across as ignorant to them, if I've missed some messages, over the years. yes but don't you find same thing ends up happening on them apps to?

No. I don't have that many on there. Just ones that I really like and would hate to lose contact with. "

damn and you havnt even got me on anything

over a year ago

"i could probably reply to all of mine, just can't be arsed to.

Just because i'm on any site that allows interaction it does not oblige me to interact with anyone who wants me to."

Exactly. If the roles were reversed, I have a feeling it would be the same. A lot of men would pick who to reply to also.

over a year ago

Gathering from the replies, it seems a marker of some kind to show if a profile does respond to say25% 50% 75% or 100% of their messages sent. This could help by one, reducing the volume of messages to those who hardly reply (giving less cause to complain of too many), to increase the chance of replies one sends and to help change the perception that those who don't reply are rude.

I decided when I returned in this profile that I'd not initiate a message of interest and I've kept to that rule. It hasn't reduced meets in any significant way, it has definitely resulted in skipping a couple of time relayed delaying steps of writing to mist who aren't interested or too busy for whatever reason. Also it results in much better conversations as the other is interested.

over a year ago

"Gathering from the replies, it seems a marker of some kind to show if a profile does respond to say25% 50% 75% or 100% of their messages sent. This could help by one, reducing the volume of messages to those who hardly reply (giving less cause to complain of too many), to increase the chance of replies one sends and to help change the perception that those who don't reply are rude.

I decided when I returned in this profile that I'd not initiate a message of interest and I've kept to that rule. It hasn't reduced meets in any significant way, it has definitely resulted in skipping a couple of time relayed delaying steps of writing to mist who aren't interested or too busy for whatever reason. Also it results in much better conversations as the other is interested."

Interesting name choice in that case

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"When we started we got roughly 10-15 messages a day, now we are lucky if we get that in a month. Often the only reason we get messages is because we have made initial contact.

This Or someone saying "I know you're not looking for x but thought I'd give it a try..."

C"

The "give it a try-ers" are the most annoying for me. I've tried responding politely to them and just end up with a string of messages trying to persuade me to meet them when they know full well they aren't what I'm looking for. I don't bother replying now. If they haven't read or read and ignored my profile, why should I be expected to respond?

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

"I send messages all the time that don’t get read.

TIP

I tried putting ‘I don’t like your profile’ in the header this morning. It got read within 2 mins. "

Yep, that'll catch the attention Hope the actual message was a nice on though x

over a year ago

"Gathering from the replies, it seems a marker of some kind to show if a profile does respond to say25% 50% 75% or 100% of their messages sent. This could help by one, reducing the volume of messages to those who hardly reply (giving less cause to complain of too many), to increase the chance of replies one sends and to help change the perception that those who don't reply are rude.

I decided when I returned in this profile that I'd not initiate a message of interest and I've kept to that rule. It hasn't reduced meets in any significant way, it has definitely resulted in skipping a couple of time relayed delaying steps of writing to mist who aren't interested or too busy for whatever reason. Also it results in much better conversations as the other is interested.

Interesting name choice in that case "

Suggested by a few friends who knew me well, nothing to do with messaging or chasing as maybe some think. Guess never judge a book.... rings true lol.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/10/18 14:48:43]

over a year ago

"When we started we got roughly 10-15 messages a day, now we are lucky if we get that in a month. Often the only reason we get messages is because we have made initial contact.

C

The "give it a try-ers" are the most annoying for me. I've tried responding politely to them and just end up with a string of messages trying to persuade me to meet them when they know full well they aren't what I'm looking for. I don't bother replying now. If they haven't read or read and ignored my profile, why should I be expected to respond?"

Just give that block button a little love tap

C

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

"We never get messages

I find that surprising, given your pics"

To be honest to a point so do we.Cannot see that we are that undesirable but there must be something about us that people to not like Oh well such is life.

By *ringles0510Woman
over a year ago

Central Borders

TIP

I tried putting ‘I don’t like your profile’ in the header this morning. It got read within 2 mins.

Yep, that'll catch the attention Hope the actual message was a nice on though x"

*one - not on

over a year ago

TIP

Yep, that'll catch the attention Hope the actual message was a nice on though x"

I always send nice messages.

over a year ago

Women only get huge volumes of messages when they first join and have no idea about filters ..

After that its their fault if they don't choose to apply them...

even if they do, and unless they block everyone, a small number of messages will get through but nothing like the amount some like to brag about..

over a year ago

" Oh well such is life. "

Indeed. Shit happens

over a year ago

Why are women so rude?

Why are men so ignorant?

Only the select few succeed my friend! I never think like that ever, which men do you mean? "

Not all men but the majority of this site does. Hence all the forum posts about I can’t get a meet etc?

over a year ago

I do go looking sometimes, usually whilst my profile is hidden then if I like someone I may send a message.

I get a lot of messages, and I deal with them by regularly hiding my profile to go through them and reply to who I want to, delete who I’m not interested in, then I unhide it again.

Getting lots of messages on here doesn’t bother me one bit, nor does the abuse actually because it just proves I made the right decision.

It can be a chore to go through sometimes but I enjoy reading messages, looking at a profile & pics to see if it intrigues me.

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

We use filters, I block and I’m proactive in searching and sending messages to people I’m interested in.

Lex

over a year ago

I think men do get a lot of unwarranted stick on here to be fair. The men we all moan about are probably not even on the forums. I’ve only ever had nice messages from the people on here. So much so I don’t even bother with the rest of fab anymore. If I don’t recognise the name I don’t answer usually.

over a year ago

TIP

I tried putting ‘I don’t like your profile’ in the header this morning. It got read within 2 mins. "

Did she shag ya?

By *wo4FemCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

We don't get that many messages.

over a year ago

"It's often said (even in the FAQ's)that ladies and couple's can receive loads of messages a day.

Does the fact you get loads of messages stop you or make you not bother being proactive and seek out your potential playmates."

Guilty as charged. I’ve met so many fantastic people on here without seeking out anyone

I’ve sent 3 first messages in the year I’ve been here, none resulted in a meet.

over a year ago

"I think men do get a lot of unwarranted stick on here to be fair. The men we all moan about are probably not even on the forums. I’ve only ever had nice messages from the people on here. So much so I don’t even bother with the rest of fab anymore. If I don’t recognise the name I don’t answer usually. "

The majority are nice guys that are just fed up of getting no replies.

The types that don't give a shit if the woman is human because they just want to get a fuck, won't use the forums because it's a waste of their time when they only want a fuck.

over a year ago

Wish I got some msgs haha

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I don't get lots of messages and I haven't done in some time. As far as being proactive, when I'm actively seeking, yes, I'll message first. Or if there's a profile I happen to stumble across.

over a year ago

"Wish I got some msgs haha"

You and me both chief

Post new Message to Thread