Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Not mentioning the C word

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Probably threw a few off with the thread title but i’m talking about that day in December, both the wife and myself seem to be at that stage where we just don’t want anything anymore, there’s literally nothing we want (that’s within our budget of course), the only thing i seem to look forward to, after watching the kids open their presents is the big turkey dinner.

anyone else like this or are we just an odd couple?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You mean ... CHRISTMAS!!!!????

over a year ago

I thought it was about a cunt.. which I have been warned I shouldn't use this expression deeply sorry, OP. I'm looking forward to Christmas

By *hortarseWoman
over a year ago

Norfolk

"You mean ... CHRISTMAS!!!!????

"

Yes CHRISTMAS I can't wait any longer I want it

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

I find I'm rather meh about it, too. And I don't even do the big dinner either, as family do one on Boxing Day.

over a year ago

"I thought it was about a cunt.. which I have been warned I shouldn't use this expression deeply sorry, OP. I'm looking forward to Christmas "

oh don’t get me wrong, we do christmas like the Griswalds here, just struggle to thing of a gift to buy each other, our daughter has been through the Smyths cataloging and circled a plethora of things she’d like, our eldest has only asked for two things so he’s easily sorted, all i can think of is a bottle of clone

here’s a thought, what would you get me as a gift? might give me some ideas.

over a year ago

My partner is the ghey uncle who dotes.

I’m clearly the weird ‘freind’ but it’s nice for me. It’s something I never had really.

AND I LOVE TURKEY PIGS IN BLANKETS ROAST POTATOES CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AN AN AN VEDGETABLES AND GRAVY AND TURKEY SANDWICHES AND TURKEY CURRY AN TURKEY WINGS AND TURKEY SALAD .....

over a year ago

I'm working Christmas day so will be having big dinner boxing day this year

over a year ago

"My partner is the ghey uncle who dotes.

I’m clearly the weird ‘freind’ but it’s nice for me. It’s something I never had really.

AND I LOVE TURKEY PIGS IN BLANKETS ROAST POTATOES CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AN AN AN VEDGETABLES AND GRAVY AND TURKEY SANDWICHES AND TURKEY CURRY AN TURKEY WINGS AND TURKEY SALAD ..... "

man after my own heart

over a year ago

AND I LOVE TURKEY PIGS IN BLANKETS ROAST POTATOES CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AN AN AN VEDGETABLES AND GRAVY AND TURKEY SANDWICHES AND TURKEY CURRY AN TURKEY WINGS AND TURKEY SALAD .....

man after my own heart "

Forgot the stuffing.... how? How did I forget the stuffing?

over a year ago

man after my own heart

Forgot the stuffing.... how? How did I forget the stuffing?"

i only like a little stuffing

over a year ago

"I thought it was about a cunt.. which I have been warned I shouldn't use this expression deeply sorry, OP. I'm looking forward to Christmas

oh don’t get me wrong, we do christmas like the Griswalds here, just struggle to thing of a gift to buy each other, our daughter has been through the Smyths cataloging and circled a plethora of things she’d like, our eldest has only asked for two things so he’s easily sorted, all i can think of is a bottle of clone

here’s a thought, what would you get me as a gift? might give me some ideas."

I don't know what you like haha but if you're fed up with giving each other gifts, perhaps get a spa treatment or a short break away so you can just enjoy yourselves and relax for a bit.

I'm spending 3 nights with my small family in a mountain spa hotel abroad so we'll have a white Xmas again this year no presents but lot of memories and photos to remember this special time together.

over a year ago

"I thought it was about a cunt.. which I have been warned I shouldn't use this expression deeply sorry, OP. I'm looking forward to Christmas

I don't know what you like haha but if you're fed up with giving each other gifts, perhaps get a spa treatment or a short break away so you can just enjoy yourselves and relax for a bit.

I'm spending 3 nights with my small family in a mountain spa hotel abroad so we'll have a white Xmas again this year no presents but lot of memories and photos to remember this special time together."

BANG!!!! That’s it, that’s just what we need too.

over a year ago

I'm spending 3 nights with my small family in a mountain spa hotel abroad so we'll have a white Xmas again this year no presents but lot of memories and photos to remember this special time together.

BANG!!!! That’s it, that’s just what we need too. "

enjoy!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 13/10/18 09:22:41]

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I'm having parental dilemmas this year.

I do alternate Christmas/New Year weeks with my ex.

The youngest 2 are at home with me Xmas this year, and I have no idea what to do with them on Christmas Day!

They're teenagers, 14 & 15, gone past the stage of toys & silly presents, opening games that after dinner we'd all sit down and play.

From the age of 11 I worked on Xmas day in my aunts pub/restaurant so can't even look back on u own teen years for ideas.

Bag Humbug!

over a year ago

"I'm having parental dilemmas this year.

I do alternate Christmas/New Year weeks with my ex.

The youngest 2 are at home with me Xmas this year, and I have no idea what to do with them on Christmas Day!

They're teenagers, 14 & 15, gone past the stage of toys & silly presents, opening games that after dinner we'd all sit down and play.

From the age of 11 I worked on Xmas day in my aunts pub/restaurant so can't even look back on u own teen years for ideas.

Bag Humbug! "

Feed em, water them, let them blend with technology and stay up late.

Together time .... let em choose movie for eating dinner in front of?

Post new Message to Thread