Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Female profiles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Can someone tell me why women’s profiles can be so threatening and aggressive sometimes? It’s all about what they will do if you don’t respond exact the way they want you to. It enough to make me not want to contact them.

You don’t get that with men’s profiles.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/10/18 18:14:10]

over a year ago

Q the huge amount of women blaming men and their attitudes

over a year ago

"Can someone tell me why women’s profiles can be so threatening and aggressive sometimes? It’s all about what they will do if you don’t respond exact the way they want you to. It enough to make me not want to contact them.

You don’t get that with men’s profiles. "

You do

over a year ago

Women contend with far more shit on here, and are in more demand, so they can call the shots.

If you don't like someone's individual manner, just pass them by.

over a year ago

There's no need to have an aggressive profile. Unless you're an aggressive person.

over a year ago

"Can someone tell me why women’s profiles can be so threatening and aggressive sometimes? It’s all about what they will do if you don’t respond exact the way they want you to. It enough to make me not want to contact them.

You do"

Oh, and for balance, couples are pretty good at it too

By *eorge JetsonMan
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Don't contact them then.

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

[Removed by poster at 12/10/18 18:19:43]

over a year ago

It's the same on dating sites. I guess women hold all the aces on swinging/dating sites so have the luxury of writing what they want. Men will still contact them no matter what they say!

over a year ago

"Women contend with far more shit on here, and are in more demand, so they can call the shots.

If you don't like someone's individual manner, just pass them by."

I don't contend with any shit because I run my profile in a smart way.

over a year ago

Don't contact them.

When the amount of availiable clunge to cock ratio equalises, you can have a say in matters.

You are the master of your own destiny. If you appear a walkover, people will walk over you. If you look like you don't give a fuck, people know you aren't after a fuck and may (only may) start talking.

Works for me.

By *ensualbicockMan
over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

"It's the same on dating sites. I guess women hold all the aces on swinging/dating sites so have the luxury of writing what they want. Men will still contact them no matter what they say!"

What I was trying to say

By *luebell888Woman
over a year ago

Glasgowish

Hopefully mine isnt aggressive but i do state what im looking for. This is only to save men wasting their time by messaging when they are not suitable for me.

over a year ago

"It's the same on dating sites. I guess women hold all the aces on swinging/dating sites so have the luxury of writing what they want. Men will still contact them no matter what they say!"

Then they moan about the lack of quality and wonder why. All the decent guys that aren't desperate wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

over a year ago

You don’t get that with mens profiles because men don’t get the volume of abusive, explicit first messages & hassle that women do.

No doubt they get some.

However I do think there are some profiles that are quite negative and agressive, mostly because of previous messages they have received so want to address things.

I find it’s best just to block the undesirables. Putting a long list of do’s, don’t’s, what to say and what not to say can certainly look very negative.

over a year ago

I guess some women (and men and couples) just haven’t mastered the email filters and the block function

over a year ago

"Hopefully mine isnt aggressive but i do state what im looking for. This is only to save men wasting their time by messaging when they are not suitable for me."

I don't think there's anything aggressive there either, for what it's worth.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I have a list of don'ts on mine, but I hope it's helpful for those who read (this is how to approach me in a way I'll respond positively to) and helps me out those who don't.

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Usually these ate people that have constantly been annoyed and bothered by people who clearly don't fit their criteria, yet persist in trying.

Regardless, I agree many profiles can come off as a bit too aggressive or a rant fest. The ones that have copious amounts of block capitals and rant extensively before actually introducing themselves I pass over.

I want to connect to happy, positive people like myself

over a year ago

Couldn’t agree more. There are lots of sweet woman though so I’m not aiming this at all.

A big percentage think they are they prize and we should be grateful.

It’s about people coming together getting along and enjoying each other no one is better than anyone else.

Lots of guys would shag a hole in the road so they get lots of attention and feel more powerful. Then they start talking down to people if not of a good nature.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

People can obviously put what they want on their profiles but I think you can get across about what you are and are not looking for without being ranty and shouty. I wouldn’t contact someone with a profile like that.

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Do you really not get it? I thought it was really obvious.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/10/18 18:55:52]

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Use it as a filter op

They are not for you and vice versa

I think much of it,comes with frustration

Miss

over a year ago

Do you really not get it? I thought it was really obvious. "

Nope! Explain to me why women feel they have to be horrible and aggressive and still expect find a nice man.

over a year ago

I do find some profiles a bit unnecessary. There are filters for a reason, I use mine carefully. Although the odd dickhead still gets through but that's what block is for

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Nope! Explain to me why women feel they have to be horrible and aggressive and still expect find a nice man."

If you receive however many rude, abusive, demanding, and/or wildly unsuitable messages a day (depending on the woman, say 20-150+), your patience begins to wear thin. It's genuinely demoralising and infuriating. It's not ideal, but women reacting to that isn't surprising.

And the fact of the matter is... yes, quite often, we can still find good people no matter what we put on our profiles.

over a year ago

My profile used to be nice and simple years ago when I joined fab. And then idiots happened.

over a year ago

"I guess some women (and men and couples) just haven’t mastered the email filters and the block function "
that's the one

over a year ago

I would never contact a woman with an aggressive quite threatening profile, EVER.

I urge all men to be nice and polite and for women to please be less aggressive.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I would never contact a woman with an aggressive quite threatening profile, EVER.

I urge all men to be nice and polite and for women to please be less aggressive. "

If the former were a guarantee, the latter would be an option. Meanwhile, women unfortunately have to have very thick skin and cultivate some meanness on here or they'll be eaten alive.

over a year ago

Nope! Explain to me why women feel they have to be horrible and aggressive and still expect find a nice man."

Because they are cocks. End.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

I never see the point of listing all the things that you don't want to hear or turn you off. Surely people who want to get into your pants use this as a check list to disguise their try colours for purposes of getting into said pants? Surely better to play your cards close to your chest and let the worng people reveal their true colours early on?

over a year ago

As an aside, does having an aggressively styled profile stop the rude, abusive, demanding, and/or wildly unsuitable messages?

over a year ago

"I would never contact a woman with an aggressive quite threatening profile, EVER.

I urge all men to be nice and polite and for women to please be less aggressive.

If the former were a guarantee, the latter would be an option. Meanwhile, women unfortunately have to have very thick skin and cultivate some meanness on here or they'll be eaten alive. "

The latter is an option

over a year ago

If there was an option to block those who’re out of my distance range I’m sur my profile would be way less aggressive hahaha

over a year ago

I meant message filter

over a year ago

If the former were a guarantee, the latter would be an option. Meanwhile, women unfortunately have to have very thick skin and cultivate some meanness on here or they'll be eaten alive. "

You really don't have to be mean. I ignore anyone I'm not interested in. That isn't mean. I've never been eaten alive either.... well maybe a couple of times. It was fab!!

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Surely aggressive profiles attract abuse rather than deter it?

over a year ago

Gets irritating when all of my messages are from guys who haven’t read/have read but ignored my profile though. I’d rather just stop them from doing so

over a year ago

I have just taken a load of text off my profile though because no one takes any notice of it anyway!

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Sorry but in our experience a lot of the single girl profiles on here are actually men pretending to be a woman and men never really grasp a woman's personality or behaviour and create a profile that they believe would sound/read like a woman and they get it soooooo wrong, sorry if this offends.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

If the former were a guarantee, the latter would be an option. Meanwhile, women unfortunately have to have very thick skin and cultivate some meanness on here or they'll be eaten alive.

You really don't have to be mean. I ignore anyone I'm not interested in. That isn't mean. I've never been eaten alive either.... well maybe a couple of times. It was fab!! "

Well, mean maybe isn't the right word. I'm kind of a softie and when I joined I was a bit of a doormat. I had to stop engaging my give the benefit of the doubt, be nice, be charitable etc and become ruthless. (particularly when I suddenly landed in hospital while my profile was still new. That was... interesting)

I'm still nice, but I try not to show it on Fab, only in person. (and my don't do this list is, I hope, couched enough that it's not hideously rude)

And, before anyone says it, my filters are very high.

over a year ago

"Surely aggressive profiles attract abuse rather than deter it? "

I'd be interested to hear the answer to that question. I've already asked it in a different way.

over a year ago

be afraid be very afraid

over a year ago

They must love anal sex

over a year ago

"Surely aggressive profiles attract abuse rather than deter it? "

surprisingly not

over a year ago

You don’t get that with men’s profiles. be afraid be very afraid "

Off what?

over a year ago

Can someone help me understand this. Here’s a simple suggestion. If you get a nasty message from some idiot you block them, if you get a nice message from someone you chat to them. Is this to simplistic?

over a year ago

"Can someone help me understand this. Here’s a simple suggestion. If you get a nasty message from some idiot you block them, if you get a nice message from someone you chat to them. Is this to simplistic? "

‘too’ sorry

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Can someone help me understand this. Here’s a simple suggestion. If you get a nasty message from some idiot you block them, if you get a nice message from someone you chat to them. Is this to simplistic? "

You get twenty nasty messages every day. You block them. Some make new profiles to continue. You block those.

You get several messages from people who you might be interested in, but they include something you find so offensive (personally not objectively offensive) that they remove themselves from consideration. (if they'd known would they have done it?)

You receive umpteen messages that do nothing for you and are just admin to deal with, plus whining when you delete.

You wonder if you include information on how you like to be approached, if that might help the people who can be bothered.

over a year ago

"Can someone help me understand this. Here’s a simple suggestion. If you get a nasty message from some idiot you block them, if you get a nice message from someone you chat to them. Is this to simplistic?

You get twenty nasty messages every day. You block them. Some make new profiles to continue. You block those.

You get several messages from people who you might be interested in, but they include something you find so offensive (personally not objectively offensive) that they remove themselves from consideration. (if they'd known would they have done it?)

You receive umpteen messages that do nothing for you and are just admin to deal with, plus whining when you delete.

You wonder if you include information on how you like to be approached, if that might help the people who can be bothered. "

Oh my god. Is there really that many idiots out there?

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Can someone help me understand this. Here’s a simple suggestion. If you get a nasty message from some idiot you block them, if you get a nice message from someone you chat to them. Is this to simplistic?

You wonder if you include information on how you like to be approached, if that might help the people who can be bothered.

Oh my god. Is there really that many idiots out there? "

Afraid there can be.

over a year ago

Its because we are bombarded with the same repeated questions daily. So I for example now state all I like and dislike. If you then dont like my profile just move on.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Oh my god. Is there really that many idiots out there? "

Yes.

My one goes through exactly how I filter messages. People message me and say "wow, long read" but don't meet the criteria (they are often either over 30 miles away or can't accommodate).

Then wonder why I delete their message.

over a year ago

Skim reading of messages and an ability to ignore almost everything is a valuable skill

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

"I never see the point of listing all the things that you don't want to hear or turn you off. Surely people who want to get into your pants use this as a check list to disguise their try colours for purposes of getting into said pants? Surely better to play your cards close to your chest and let the worng people reveal their true colours early on?"

Bingo!! I list a couple of things I'm not interested in but have plenty of filters I keep schtum about

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Oh my god. Is there really that many idiots out there?

Yes.

My one goes through exactly how I filter messages. People message me and say "wow, long read" but don't meet the criteria (they are often either over 30 miles away or can't accommodate).

Then wonder why I delete their message."

TLDR

over a year ago

"I never see the point of listing all the things that you don't want to hear or turn you off. Surely people who want to get into your pants use this as a check list to disguise their try colours for purposes of getting into said pants? Surely better to play your cards close to your chest and let the worng people reveal their true colours early on?

Bingo!! I list a couple of things I'm not interested in but have plenty of filters I keep schtum about "

I took everything off mine for exactly that reason. If you say you're into 3ft, polka dot, werewolves suddenly everyone is one! Figure if I leave it vague I might get a better sense of what they're really like.

over a year ago

They have had enough of being treated like a free prostitute and are making men work for the pussy.

over a year ago

"They have had enough of being treated like a free prostitute and are making men work for the pussy."

‘Making men work for the pussy’ ?!? Oh god. It’s a shame there’s not a head in hands emoji on here.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"They have had enough of being treated like a free prostitute and are making men work for the pussy.

‘Making men work for the pussy’ ?!? Oh god. It’s a shame there’s not a head in hands emoji on here. "

I don't know about making people work, but I like evidence of being respected as a person rather than just a wet hole that'll do. That requires some effort, but it's a side effect.

over a year ago

We had a female message us, remember that, she messaged US. In her profile it said she is very busy, she will respond when she can. Fair enough. We messaged her back. 2 weeks later despite having been online she hadn't even read our reply. Now, we can understand females get alot of messages but 2 weeks not reading ours despite her messaging us first? I can't repeat that enough BTW, we thought 'is she taking the piss'? Trying to prove a point? It's one thing to say what u want or don't want on your profile in the hope that people will read it and abide by it but to ignore someone who you messaged first is to take a point too far

over a year ago

"It's the same on dating sites. I guess women hold all the aces on swinging/dating sites so have the luxury of writing what they want. Men will still contact them no matter what they say!

Then they moan about the lack of quality and wonder why. All the decent guys that aren't desperate wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. "

over a year ago

"They have had enough of being treated like a free prostitute and are making men work for the pussy."

More fool the women for letting men treat them that way

And Men, don’t jump through hoops for a fuck, there really is no such thing as a free lunch!

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Nope! Explain to me why women feel they have to be horrible and aggressive and still expect find a nice man.

If you receive however many rude, abusive, demanding, and/or wildly unsuitable messages a day (depending on the woman, say 20-150+), your patience begins to wear thin. It's genuinely demoralising and infuriating. It's not ideal, but women reacting to that isn't surprising.

And the fact of the matter is... yes, quite often, we can still find good people no matter what we put on our profiles. "

Difficult for us guys to comprehend really. I may get two messages a week, can’t think how I would cope with 20+ a day?

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"It's the same on dating sites. I guess women hold all the aces on swinging/dating sites so have the luxury of writing what they want. Men will still contact them no matter what they say!

Then they moan about the lack of quality and wonder why. All the decent guys that aren't desperate wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. "

Yes I find this a lot. I have a simply terrible time.

V

By *heRealMrSBMan
over a year ago

Warrington

"Lots of guys would shag a hole in the road"

Gritty

over a year ago

A lot of women love the drama and attention. Nothing turns me off more than a ranty profile, with excessive use of the caps lock and a list of demands.

over a year ago

You wonder if you include information on how you like to be approached, if that might help the people who can be bothered. "

This works for me - I can tell from the username / avatar/ 1st line of visible text if I want to read more. If I’m not interested I leave unread and bulk delete ~ simples

over a year ago

A lot of women love the drama and attention. Nothing turns me off more than a ranty profile, with excessive use of the caps lock and a list of demands. "

If I was a man on here I’d hardly message anyone, too much like hard work!

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

A lot of women love the drama and attention. Nothing turns me off more than a ranty profile, with excessive use of the caps lock and a list of demands.

If I was a man on here I’d hardly message anyone, too much like hard work!"

I don't. Without opposable thumbs it's just too difficult

over a year ago

over a year ago

You do get that on some men's profiles.

By *elshsunsWoman
over a year ago

Flintshire

I have a lovely time on here .... get very few abusive messages have met some lovely guys from here ... that I can even call on to fix my leaky toilet ... I don’t even reply to all my messages ... maybe the old saying ... it’s nice to be nice pays off

Post new Message to Thread