Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bad driving

Jump to newest

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

So today I’ve seen it all

On route back from hospital on a busy narrowish road, an old guy pulls up hazard warning lights on, stops on a bend, with single yellow line, parks and walks to a house, leaving a stream of traffic behind all stuck and can’t getaround him, this included two artic lorries.

This was less than 200 yds from a major roundabout and opposite a common where you can park. What an idiot!!

Tell me your experience today

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Driver in twattish behaviour shocker!

Twattish driving seems to be on the rise, selfishness seems to be all too common on the roads these days dunnit?

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Where to start.

Taxi driver who didn't like cyclists, forces me to brake as he never left any room for me where parked cars where. Thing that made me laugh, was he lost his wing mirror as he was that close to the parked car.

Another idiot mounted the kerb on a mini roundabout, to prevent me from getting past him on a motorbike. Then swerved over the middle white lines, to stop me overtaking him.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Needs to be mandatory dash cameras on all vehicles. Should be service where you can report a individual for bad driving. You get a reward per reported bad driving offence. The driver has to pay the fees.

over a year ago

what’s more worrying and seems to be on the rise is those willing to jump a red light, seen loads the past week, my wife’s car was ploughed into from the side by a guy running a red, took the front of the car off, luckily enough he hit there cause if he would have hit the side door, my 7 year old daughter would have taken the full impact, and that just doesn’t bare thinking about.

over a year ago

Glad to hear no one was hurt saluca. Naw you dont want to think about things like that it will drive you mad just be thank full noone was hurt.

I got thrown from my bike the othe day op was going threw the lanes by were i live and a mini came at me doing 40 while i was doing 40 and locked my back brake and threw me off past him thank got i can take a tumble lol

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

Morons who tailgate.....or those who intentionally undertake....

over a year ago

I live in a area that's predominantly elderly. It's terrible for driving. I do believe driving tests should have to be resit when you reach a certain age. A lot that are driving passed when there were much fewer cars on the roads

over a year ago

You watch them russian crash videos on YouTube and one thing is clear.

People are driving to fast and in too much of a rush to get somewhere.

over a year ago

"You watch them russian crash videos on YouTube and one thing is clear.

"

seems like that everywhere these days

over a year ago

west here ford shire

Thanks for the comments, I once was in moving traffic on m6 motorway out side lane was nose to tail as much as it can be doing 50 at most, two other lanes were the same, yet an idiot is behind me flashing Neto move over, I couldn’t as there wasn’t anywhere to go and nowherehe could go either, so not only did he undertake me, he did it to everyone via the hard shoulder, then you could see him weaving in and out of lanes no indicators trying to get passed everyone,, honestly some people!!

By *i1971Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Around here it seems to be people stopping at the roadside to take phone calls. They stop anywhere - on bends, busy roads & causing hold ups, in fact anywhere than somewhere safe & out of the way. The calls really aren't that important - switch the phones off or on silent when traveling.

over a year ago

Thats why i carry a bottle of paint stripper in my car to squirt at knobheads cars

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

"Thats why i carry a bottle of paint stripper in my car to squirt at knobheads cars"

Two knobheads don't make it right though.

Agree with the dashcam suggestion, should be standard in all newly built cars. 360 degree views as well and able to report.

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

"Morons who tailgate.....or those who intentionally undertake...."

If anyone tailgates me I slow down to a snail's pace. Gives the idiots plenty of time to read the sticker in the rear window which says "the closer you get the slower I go".

The latest craze I've noticed is the total pricks that pull out from a junction and block the road while they wait for a space in the other lane. Just sheer stupidity and ignorance borne out of impatience.

over a year ago

west here ford shire

"Thats why i carry a bottle of paint stripper in my car to squirt at knobheads cars

Two knobheads don't make it right though.

Agree with the dashcam suggestion, should be standard in all newly built cars. 360 degree views as well and able to report.

"

Yes I think it’s a marvellous idea, and insurance reduction for those who do it

Maybe there should be a national website to download your videos each week

over a year ago

"Thats why i carry a bottle of paint stripper in my car to squirt at knobheads cars"

What a nasty thing to do and you do know paint stripper is classed in the same group as acid because of its corrosive properties and you could be arrested for it.

over a year ago

"You watch them russian crash videos on YouTube and one thing is clear.

"

Not just russian vids i watch the up bike vs cars watching bikers tell car drivers make me lourght everytime

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

For those who drive fast remember you still only go through the gates of heaven at 5 mph....

As good as we all think we are behind the wheel... We all have off days....

over a year ago

"Thats why i carry a bottle of paint stripper in my car to squirt at knobheads cars

What a nasty thing to do and you do know paint stripper is classed in the same group as acid because of its corrosive properties and you could be arrested for it. "

Yep nasty pasty

over a year ago

west here ford shire

What a nasty thing to do and you do know paint stripper is classed in the same group as acid because of its corrosive properties and you could be arrested for it.

Yep nasty pasty"

I agree this when I read it I felt was way over the top, dangerous and stupid

over a year ago

"Needs to be mandatory dash cameras on all vehicles. Should be service where you can report a individual for bad driving. You get a reward per reported bad driving offence. The driver has to pay the fees."

This happens in China and is a stupid idea to boot. On top of poor drivers anyway you have others who bait other drivers into driving dangerously, submit the clips and get rewarded

By *xLedZepxx2Man
over a year ago

Didcot

Female XC90 drivers, so many stories, WTF is it with a certain type of female and those cars.

over a year ago

With the rise of acid attacks going on, expect to do time for that if the police see it.

over a year ago

"Needs to be mandatory dash cameras on all vehicles. Should be service where you can report a individual for bad driving. You get a reward per reported bad driving offence. The driver has to pay the fees.

This happens in China and is a stupid idea to boot. On top of poor drivers anyway you have others who bait other drivers into driving dangerously, submit the clips and get rewarded "

we have enough cameras in the streets.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

There is a four lane mini roundabout near me. If you approach the roundabout and someone approaches at the same time directly opposite you and they are signalling to turn right, you are going straight on. You would expect them to drive AROUND the roundabout (with a raised hump-perfectly visible), and this leaves you ample room to go straight on, thus both of you can negotiate the roundabout simultaneously. Using it like any roundabout AS THEY ARE DESIGNED TO BE USED! So why the buggerfuck do they think its ok to completely ignore the fact that its a roundabout and drive straight round the wrong side of it and shout abuse at you for getting in their way???

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

That really is a bad idea. Just hope you never get stopped and searched. They don't allow access to FAB from behind bars.

over a year ago

I nearly ran into the back of a woman the other day who was coming onto the A1m at dontaster north. The road is straight but the does a 90 bend onto slip road. I was following her about 40 she drives straight up to the bend in the road when the dotted give way line starts and instead of turning onto slip road slams all on and stops on said line.

Totally was not expecting this and no idea how I avoided running into back of her.

Some people should not be driving

over a year ago

Everyone makes mistakes on the road.

I have, you have.

over a year ago

"Everyone makes mistakes on the road.

I have, you have. "

There mistakes and mistakes. Who the hell stops on a bend going onto a Mway it’s just common sense. If you make those mistakes you should not have been given a licence in the first place.

Not only did it cause me to swerve but the drivers on the inside lane had to take evasive action as they had no idea what was going on. A car coming at them at 90 dog to the flow of traffic.

over a year ago

last motorbike accident i had on the road was a car that stopped bang in the middle of a roundabout cutting off my exit leaving me to go over the bonnet.

they were very sorry and i wasnt mad. it was a genuine error. she suddenly realised i was there and slammed the brakes on instead of driving on.

it happens people get confused and panick.

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"last motorbike accident i had on the road was a car that stopped bang in the middle of a roundabout cutting off my exit leaving me to go over the bonnet.

they were very sorry and i wasnt mad. it was a genuine error. she suddenly realised i was there and slammed the brakes on instead of driving on.

it happens people get confused and panick."

I think that accident was shown on one of the TV accident/police programmes.... Sounds familiar

over a year ago

"last motorbike accident i had on the road was a car that stopped bang in the middle of a roundabout cutting off my exit leaving me to go over the bonnet.

it happens people get confused and panick.

I think that accident was shown on one of the TV accident/police programmes.... Sounds familiar "

see if you can find the one with me being dragged down an airport runaway.

over a year ago

There mere act of having it for the purpose you state is a criminal offence in itself. You have confessed to a crime.

over a year ago

Back on thread, jumping red lights, amber gamblers, not using indicators, poor lane discipline joining and on motorways..

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"Thanks for the comments, I once was in moving traffic on m6 motorway out side lane was nose to tail as much as it can be doing 50 at most, two other lanes were the same, yet an idiot is behind me flashing Neto move over, I couldn’t as there wasn’t anywhere to go and nowherehe could go either, so not only did he undertake me, he did it to everyone via the hard shoulder, then you could see him weaving in and out of lanes no indicators trying to get passed everyone,, honestly some people!!"

I’ve done that, L was Hypoglycaemic at the time.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

It doesn't help that I found out recently that a test centre in Essex, is used by the rich kids of London.

They go in wearing a mike and ear piece, there is someone giving them the answers to the theory test from across the road in a cafe.

Post new Message to Thread