FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do most people use 40 as an age cut off ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I use 40 as a lower age limit

As for your question..because they can

over a year ago

It's the beginning of old age

over a year ago

I'm doomed, may as well give up now

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???"

They don't want to meet anybody over 40?I might be wrong though

over a year ago

Everyone knows its all downhill 40

31 is where its at

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"I'm doomed, may as well give up now "

No I'm doomed I'm past it

over a year ago

"I'm doomed, may as well give up now "

Me too. I’ve hit 46 now. I’m definitely doomed !

over a year ago

old age rubbish.

i know plenty of older women who eat guys for breakfast.

over a year ago

Absolutely agree

People meet whoever they want to and whatever age, but just wondered why 40 seams to be a cut off

over a year ago

My lower age is 48 I'm forever told off as they say it's too high...can't win

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

i know plenty of older women who eat guys for breakfast."

over a year ago

You are far from doomed

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

Life begins at 40. Or ends, can't remember which.

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

my favourite way to be woken up

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

I prefer to have them for supper

over a year ago

Looking at profile there seems to be 3 distinct cutoffs for upper age well round my way there are and they are 40 45 and 50 which is a shame at times but people have choices and you can't deny people to set age limits as the site has that facility. Im buggered next year im guessing

over a year ago

My parents are 45. So it's just a bit weird for me.

over a year ago

Because I want young, hung and dumb.

Men get clever when they hit 40.

over a year ago

"Life begins at 40. Or ends, can't remember which."

On here it ends

over a year ago

Because they don't know what they are missing

over a year ago

Come get me

over a year ago

Usually because they haven’t reached that age yet

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Life begins at 40. Or ends, can't remember which.

On here it ends "

Life begins at 40? Try saying that to John Lennon.

50 is the new 40? Try saying that to the police when stopped for speeding.

over a year ago

Because it’s their preference

over a year ago

I don't, I use 35, for guys... Usually I just rarely fancy guys closer to my own age Women on the other hand...

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

Although it is frowned upon in Western Culture

over a year ago

"My parents are 45. So it's just a bit weird for me. "

There is that. But on the plus side your parents would fucking freak if they knew you'd had a fucking amazing night with a gorgeous older guy So at least it's high in rebellion factor...

By *tuartsCelloCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

49 and decrepit here

over a year ago

I am doomed at 47

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???"

I’m 47 but have always dated and married younger. I tend to click more mentally with someone mid to late 30s. I’m rarely attracted to someone around my age as never have anything in common.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Most, really?

over a year ago

"Because I want young, hung and dumb.

Men get clever when they hit 40."

Durrr I kindly point you to my curriculum vitae of idiotness

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/809807

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Why worry about the reasons people have for having age criteria you don't meet OP?

Better to focus on finding people whose criteria you do meet than wasting time on something you can't change

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

i know plenty of older women who eat guys for breakfast.

"

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

I’m 47 but have always dated and married younger. I tend to click more mentally with someone mid to late 30s. I’m rarely attracted to someone around my age as never have anything in common. "

I'm finding the same with myself. I don't know why men my age don't instil any excitement or lust in me any more.

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

I’m 47 but have always dated and married younger. I tend to click more mentally with someone mid to late 30s. I’m rarely attracted to someone around my age as never have anything in common. "

Ahh this takes me back to our "would rather date younger but you oldies the same age as me will do" orgy

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

I’m 47 but have always dated and married younger. I tend to click more mentally with someone mid to late 30s. I’m rarely attracted to someone around my age as never have anything in common.

I'm finding the same with myself. I don't know why men my age don't instil any excitement or lust in me any more."

I love a hipster with beard and tats, someone that loves gigs and music in general. I guess the places I go to are mainly younger guys. I like spontaneity and randomness, older tend to not be up for that.

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

Ahh this takes me back to our "would rather date younger but you oldies the same age as me will do" orgy "

I’ve not dated my age or older since I was 20.

over a year ago

I'm 49 and I'm only just getting started

Mr B

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

Ahh this takes me back to our "would rather date younger but you oldies the same age as me will do" orgy "

I can't make do. I did have sex with a few older men after I left my husband and I was not inspired. Then, a sexy 22 yr old chatted me up and we met when he turned 23 and I was 43 and showed me how fulfilling sex can be.

You can blame him.

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

Ahh this takes me back to our "would rather date younger but you oldies the same age as me will do" orgy

I can't make do. I did have sex with a few older men after I left my husband and I was not inspired. Then, a sexy 22 yr old chatted me up and we met when he turned 23 and I was 43 and showed me how fulfilling sex can be.

You can blame him."

Cor you lucky thing! That's the kind of thing guys can only fantasise about. Drool

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

I'm finding the same with myself. I don't know why men my age don't instil any excitement or lust in me any more.

I love a hipster with beard and tats, someone that loves gigs and music in general. I guess the places I go to are mainly younger guys. I like spontaneity and randomness, older tend to not be up for that. "

The look or their interests are varied with mine. I can only think it's that life hasn't dragged them down yet and their enthusiasm for life cheers me up.

over a year ago

I’m well past it then, but I prefer my men over 40 x

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

You can blame him.

Cor you lucky thing! That's the kind of thing guys can only fantasise about. Drool "

I think that every time I look at my LTP.

I hit the jackpot with him

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

I love a hipster with beard and tats, someone that loves gigs and music in general. I guess the places I go to are mainly younger guys. I like spontaneity and randomness, older tend to not be up for that.

The look or their interests are varied with mine. I can only think it's that life hasn't dragged them down yet and their enthusiasm for life cheers me up. "

They also have to be deep thinkers and intelligent. I have lots of boxes to tick.

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

You can blame him.

Cor you lucky thing! That's the kind of thing guys can only fantasise about. Drool

I hit the jackpot with him "

You definitely have, he’s very drool worthy

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

The look or their interests are varied with mine. I can only think it's that life hasn't dragged them down yet and their enthusiasm for life cheers me up.

They also have to be deep thinkers and intelligent. I have lots of boxes to tick. "

Mine is more a venn diagram

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

You can blame him.

I hit the jackpot with him

You definitely have, he’s very drool worthy "

I have to admit I will miss him when he goes.

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

They also have to be deep thinkers and intelligent. I have lots of boxes to tick.

Mine is more a venn diagram "

I’ve started to go that way. Adding more possible options into the mix that I usually wouldn’t but always younger.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"old age rubbish.

With marmite soldiers....

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???"

I really don't know, did you know the Nepalese don't celebrate birthdays?

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???I really don't know, did you know the Nepalese don't celebrate birthdays? "

And that'll be my excuse for hiding my age on tinder Cheers for that dude

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???I really don't know, did you know the Nepalese don't celebrate birthdays? "

After 40, I stopped celebrating mine.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

You can blame him."

What about a gorgeous, funny,charming, well hung 60 year old with amazing sexual skills (asking for a friend) a younger man in the wings, with a set of jump leads?

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???I really don't know, did you know the Nepalese don't celebrate birthdays?

And that'll be my excuse for hiding my age on tinder Cheers for that dude "

you're Nepalese? Or old?

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???I really don't know, did you know the Nepalese don't celebrate birthdays?

After 40, I stopped celebrating mine. "

yes I don't really celebrate birthdays but having said that you don't look 40 and I do

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"

You can blame him."

Haha, I had 3 very disappointing middle aged sessions in 2 years after I divorced before I finally said 'Fuck it!' and met the 26 yr old that was pestering me on POF and promising to 'fuck me properly' lol! He did too.....

over a year ago

Erm, because that’s their cut off point?

over a year ago

Not the ones I want to meet. I have a 15 year window, in regards to age. Luckily I'm still in theirs too

over a year ago

Il bang em

over a year ago

"Hello

After 40, I stopped celebrating mine. yes I don't really celebrate birthdays but having said that you don't look 40 and I do "

It’s all the Nepalese food I eat...

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

"Hello

That’s like saying the Nepalese (or the Chinese for that matter) don’t celebrate New Year. They do celebrate birthdays, traditionally just not by the calendar day. In most cases now, the Nepalese mark the calendar day; especially with children.

over a year ago

"Il bang em "

You're nearing 40 yourself dear

over a year ago

"Il bang em

You're nearing 40 yourself dear "

shhhhhhhh

Not so loud il go back to 30 the day before and get 10 more years of sex now shhhhh

over a year ago

"Hello

That’s like saying the Nepalese (or the Chinese for that matter) don’t celebrate New Year. They do celebrate birthdays, traditionally just not by the calendar day. In most cases now, the Nepalese mark the calendar day; especially with children. "

Well its another case where the western world demands a change in culture

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

you're Nepalese? Or old?"

I think I can get away with looking a bit Nepalese... at least in the eyes of a naive 23yr old like all these lucky women are shagging

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???

you're Nepalese? Or old?

I think I can get away with looking a bit Nepalese... at least in the eyes of a naive 23yr old like all these lucky women are shagging "

damn 23 year olds

over a year ago

56 soon and the age filter has only been an issue when I made it an issue. You soon realise filters are there for different reasons; not always because they don't like people over or under a certain age, but more often than not to help manage the way they run their profile and these filters are often very flexible.

I use the block to manage filtering those that don't respond to a message thus showing they're 'not' interested. It's nothing personal but just filters them out of status updates and any future messaging.

This I occasionally review maybe 6 or 8 months later. They may be in a different place and respond to my message then if not then the cycle repeats.

over a year ago

Because that’s their preference? Simple answer.

There are so many people on here with different age preferences so I’m sure there isn’t one reason for all. Personally for me I prefer 35+, but the next woman might only want under 30s and she’s damn entitled to!

over a year ago

"It's the beginning of old age "

Hope not I feel younger every year

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Country West

Like some people using 99 as theirs

By *andy_satinTV/TS
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Like some people using 99 as theirs "

Well cutting off age at 40 means your missing out as most men and women nowadays don't even look their age and are fully functional.If you don't want to miss out then put in your profile the type of over 40 person you want to meet which solves the problem.

over a year ago

Because they don't know what they are missing.

over a year ago

"Because they don't know what they are missing. "

Unless you can send them a message saying what a shame it is that they have excluded you

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

Cause they don't like wrinklies?

By *ornCouple
over a year ago

Sedgemoor

Your choice, not mine!

I like a bit of experience. And staying power.

over a year ago

"Because they don't know what they are missing.

Unless you can send them a message saying what a shame it is that they have excluded you"

Their loss and all that

over a year ago

Unless you can send them a message saying what a shame it is that they have excluded you

Their loss and all that "

over a year ago

"Like some people using 99 as theirs

Well cutting off age at 40 means your missing out as most men and women nowadays don't even look their age and are fully functional.If you don't want to miss out then put in your profile the type of over 40 person you want to meet which solves the problem."

Some people probably don’t mind that they are “missing out” on people they have no interest in.

over a year ago

Unless you can send them a message saying what a shame it is that they have excluded you"

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

Oh dear, I'm rapidly approaching that.

On the upside, I'll be able to save the fab subscription money to pay for my room at the retirement community.

over a year ago

I’m 40 in November

over a year ago

At 41, I look the best I ever have. I finally have the grown up face I always wanted, instead of the cute baby one everybody told me I had . If someone doesn't want to meet me because of my age its Just less messages

I need to troll through

over a year ago

Agree .. and you sure look great mystique! I have just turned 40 and found I can no longer communicate with certain folks due to age restrictions

Personally I feel more secure and confident and happy in my own skin !

Bring on the mid life crisis I’m going to have a 3 way

By *lenderfoxMan
over a year ago

Leeds

"Everyone knows its all downhill 40

31 is where its at "

Agree with this

over a year ago

Lots leave it at 18 to 99 cos they can't be bothered to set it properly

over a year ago

I’ll look forward to being thrown on the to old pile next year when I hit 40, ironically though I still get Id’d for alcohol every now and again and met several people in their 20’s who look way older than me.

Quite amusing really

By *.H.SMan
over a year ago

London

life starts at 40 bosh lol

By *ortobello SionnachWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

I don't think most set the limit at 40 but in reality so many fiddle ages these days I tend to go on how old they look not how old they say they are.

By *xLedZepxx2Man
over a year ago

Didcot

I don't have a problem with people having a minimum and maximum age on their profile as long as it's something like 40,50, 60, it's when people put 53, 61 etc why not round it up or down, personally I prefer more mature and experienced people and I certainly have no interest at all in young guys.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"I don't have a problem with people having a minimum and maximum age on their profile as long as it's something like 40,50, 60, it's when people put 53, 61 etc why not round it up or down, personally I prefer more mature and experienced people and I certainly have no interest at all in young guys."

They've probably already added a little leeway, their max was 50 and 60 in your examples but they wouldn't mind a few years over that.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"Lots leave it at 18 to 99 cos they can't be bothered to set it properly "

I've been accused of being a desperado for leaving it like that before!

By *rsSBWoman
over a year ago

toy town

People life spam is about 80. 40 is in the middle

over a year ago

"Lots leave it at 18 to 99 cos they can't be bothered to set it properly "

Or it's a choice because for them age is genuinely just a number and they do know that maturity/ immaturity, ability/inability, connection/no connection has little to do with age but more to do with the mind. It's our mind which ultimately makes the filters.

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

Do most people?

over a year ago

"It's the beginning of old age "

Not a chance ... My life started to begin at 48 and now I am heading for 51 it's getting better all (well most) of the time

over a year ago

I must have missed that memo. Anyway, over 40 is the best age for me.

over a year ago

"People life spam is about 80. 40 is in the middle "

I love your little vocabulary faux pas'

over a year ago

"Hello

Anyone any ideas ???"

Maybe because they haven't thought that far ahead for whatever reason. There's a 45 cut off and a 50 cut off too. We all have different ideas of who we are and what we expect in life as well as fab. Mine changes from time to time depending on what I'm looking for... its a filter to help and so it can be changed depending on needs or wants.

over a year ago

I didn't even look at FAB until 40. My experiences don't appear that different to younger men?

Usual, no replies, can't get a meet complaints from everyone I think?

over a year ago

"old age rubbish.

They sure do lol

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"old age rubbish.