Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Looking for feedback

Jump to newest

By *olfAndKitten OP   Couple
over a year ago

Bristol

So going to put this situation out there.

Im currently sat in a friend's house, someone i work with.

Over the last week he has been diagnosed with ptsd, depression and now is looking at epilepsy... Big things to impact on his life as i am sure we can all agree.

Now he has a partner, been with her since december. He gets on with her kids, when he goes round to hers he does the housework without being asked to help her out... Sees a job, it gets done.

Now yesterday the docs dropped the bombshell on him about the epilepsy.

He had to beg her for a phone call, after saying he was scared and shitting himself.. Basically in short all he was asking for was a hug.

She suggested coming over tonight before going out with her mates from work. Instead she "forgot" and still went out...wouldn't be so bad but his flat is a 10 min walk from her place and on the drive home.

Now here i am, sat in his flat l, watching a scared and broken man and all i am thinking is what a cold hearted bitch she must be...

Am i wrong?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

No, sounds like she's just not that into him, or she'd have made time.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No. You’re not wrong at all.

My husband has epilepsy and thankfully, most cases are treatable. He is on six tablets a day and hasn’t had a seizure since going on these tablets.

Be there for your friend, comfort your friend. His girlfriend does sound like a bitch. Even if she genuinely forgot, surely he would have text her and she would have came straight home?

By *verageguy123Man
over a year ago

Selby

No you’re not wrong, sounds like she doesn’t give a shit about him

By *igboobstCouple
over a year ago

barrow

Sounds like she is there for the good times and that’s about it

over a year ago

Bristol

"No, sounds like she's just not that into him, or she'd have made time. "

Ironically she claims to love him, claims not to be going anywhere and from my perspective its all just talk without actions.

Whilst yes i can honestly appreciate we all have lives, if someone is important we make time

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I don't know if you're wrong because I haven't heard it from her perspective.

By *aucy tiggerWoman
over a year ago

Back where I belong

Maybe she's scared. Lots of People are frightened of illness and things they don't understand.

At least he has you xx

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

From what you've said it does sound heartless,but we only have one side of the story and so do you.

over a year ago

Bristol

Granted i only have one side of the story and what i have personally witnessed

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Please don’t even attempt to understand her actions instead carry on doing what you are doing for your friend, he obviously needs you and I hope he’s calmer and gains control as the news settles.

Not everybody is capable of dropping everything for everyone.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"So going to put this situation out there.

Im currently sat in a friend's house, someone i work with.

Over the last week he has been diagnosed with ptsd, depression and now is looking at epilepsy... Big things to impact on his life as i am sure we can all agree.

Now he has a partner, been with her since december. He gets on with her kids, when he goes round to hers he does the housework without being asked to help her out... Sees a job, it gets done.

Now yesterday the docs dropped the bombshell on him about the epilepsy.

He had to beg her for a phone call, after saying he was scared and shitting himself.. Basically in short all he was asking for was a hug.

She suggested coming over tonight before going out with her mates from work. Instead she "forgot" and still went out...wouldn't be so bad but his flat is a 10 min walk from her place and on the drive home.

Now here i am, sat in his flat l, watching a scared and broken man and all i am thinking is what a cold hearted bitch she must be...

Am i wrong? "

Sorry to hear your friend has had this bad news.

Good he has you there for him.

With regards to his girlfriend, there are two sides to every story. It's a relatively new relationship, she may have been getting cold feet prior to this, and she might not know how to cope/ deal with this or may be wondering if she wants to.

It doesn't make her cold hearted, just human.

Living with someone with depression is hard, been there, done that. Add in your friends other health issues and its a lot for someone to take on, especially if they aren't feeling it.

Once your friend has got his head round his diagnosis he needs to have an honest talk with his gf.

And as a friend you need to be there to support him either way it goes.

Post new Message to Thread