Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

World mental health day.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a person with bipolar I've developed a lot of coping strategies since my diagnosis in 2005.

Do not suffer alone if you struggle as a sufferer or career.

I offer love and support to those who may need it, today, tomorrow or at the loneliest times.

It's really ok to not be ok x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I think this is a wonderful post.

I do think there are people who are too afraid to speak up, and get help as some don't even realise they need it.

Recognising behaviours and issues is the first step.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

Cheers I guess you meant to say carer..to which I am a unpaid one...and thanks there are one hell of a lot suffering with mental health and whilst the government have announced they are making a minister for mental health today...forgive me for being sceptical in thinking it will still be underfunded.

Please to hear you've got good coping mechanisms in place op. X

over a year ago

"I think this is a wonderful post.

I do think there are people who are too afraid to speak up, and get help as some don't even realise they need it.

Recognising behaviours and issues is the first step.

"

There are. I'm open about mine but I've met a few now who have hidden issues which can be costly in many different ways. X

over a year ago

over a year ago

"Cheers I guess you meant to say carer..to which I am a unpaid one...and thanks there are one hell of a lot suffering with mental health and whilst the government have announced they are making a minister for mental health today...forgive me for being sceptical in thinking it will still be underfunded.

Please to hear you've got good coping mechanisms in place op. X"

Yeah carer. You can't edit. Carers are underpaid and undervalued. So here's a pat on the back for you

I recently returned to services only to find that the ones I used are all gone. Some people can't speak up. How sad.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Cheers I guess you meant to say carer..to which I am a unpaid one...and thanks there are one hell of a lot suffering with mental health and whilst the government have announced they are making a minister for mental health today...forgive me for being sceptical in thinking it will still be underfunded.

Please to hear you've got good coping mechanisms in place op. X"

over a year ago

Mental health is the hidden illness and its good that people are being made more aware. Its just a travesty the government don't fund it properly .

over a year ago

Yes I admit to being sceptical, I’m a carer to my sons both with mental health issues. We’ve been lucky that we’ve just accessed some good services for them but it’s been a battle to get here and no treatment as of yet. It’s left me with my own mental health problems as well, these things take their toll. I’ve just started on medication so I’m hoping that it will soon kick in. But I know so many of my friends are in the same situation and it’s not getting any easier to get help x

over a year ago

"Yes I admit to being sceptical, I’m a carer to my sons both with mental health issues. We’ve been lucky that we’ve just accessed some good services for them but it’s been a battle to get here and no treatment as of yet. It’s left me with my own mental health problems as well, these things take their toll. I’ve just started on medication so I’m hoping that it will soon kick in. But I know so many of my friends are in the same situation and it’s not getting any easier to get help x "

Thinking of you. It will get better. Everyone has something to offer someone.

In terms of becoming unwell yourself. Don't beat yourself up. I find writing things down helps. Cause once it's out of your head it can't bounce about inside x

over a year ago

Just to add whilst the government is making announcements of a minister for suicide. The facts are they know that a vast majority of suicides are due to the work essessment scheme...but will not acknowledge that as a reason.

Also there are 5000 fewer mental health workers since this government came to power...maybe that's why I'm sceptical...

Post new Message to Thread