Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

But we are

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

We need to be told, repeatedly, til we un-fuck it up again.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Don't tell me.. You've changed your mind and joined green peace

By *andonmessMan
over a year ago

A world all of his own

"But we are"

Yep, we definitely are.

over a year ago

wait till we are able to travel to the next one.

fuck that one up as well

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

The planet was doomed the day the first human walked on it as a species we are a virus

By *loswingers OP   Couple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Sorry I deleted the op , I was suggesting the media overload was getting to the point that people are getting pissed off with being told now . So ultimately it’s less likely they will do anything to change things .

We all know that being told we are wrong will simply make us want to carry on !

over a year ago

"Sorry I deleted the op , I was suggesting the media overload was getting to the point that people are getting pissed off with being told now . So ultimately it’s less likely they will do anything to change things .

We all know that being told we are wrong will simply make us want to carry on ! "

Fair point. It only affects the people that care anyway. The ones that don't care will still dump their rubbish all over the place and create havoc.

over a year ago

I get frustrated because we can only do so much, its up to companies to stop over using it.

Also for people who don't recycle then go back a few decades and give money back on bottles, they can extend it to cans and plastic bottles. In other countries where there are street cats and dogs they exchange recyclables for animal food.

There are ways and means but they've grown a throwaway society

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Just need to stop sex, all that heat and global warming. Easy....

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

As citizens we have our own power to change our own lives as well as influence the politicians who represent us. The governments of the world need to act quickly, in order to ensure that the people alive in future are afforded a healthier and safer world to care for.

We have not been given a judgemental condemnation but invited to use the next 12 years in the most meaningful way, to really avoid the worst of what we could cause, if nothing changed.

It's better to learn now, instead of us or our descendants, wishing we'd known in time, rather than when it's too late.

This is about creating opportunities for the billions of people on earth plus those yet to be born, as well as all of the life forms we share the planet with, which are unable to remedy the mistakes of humans.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Sorry I deleted the op , I was suggesting the media overload was getting to the point that people are getting pissed off with being told now . So ultimately it’s less likely they will do anything to change things .

Fair point. It only affects the people that care anyway. The ones that don't care will still dump their rubbish all over the place and create havoc. "

That's not true !

There are two groups open to change

The first is children so if the message only convinced one more child it's good

The second is an odd one

That's people who change ,

Some people come to a time in their life where they just change , start eating healthy , exercise, and care for the planet

The motives and reasons vary the ages vary but it happens some humans have a so called epiphany

Beyond that you're right the pig headed racists rarely change , but it isn't unknown for them to wake up

over a year ago

Gloucester

So we shouldn’t find ways to reward positive steps we take then .

When I was a kid we got a few pennies back for bottles we returned to the shop . The milkman delivered milk in glass bottles , driving an electric milk float . And there was very little plastic anything . This was only fifty odd years ago !

Fast forward to today , and pretty much everything is in plastic . Milk , butter , veg , sweets , fruit , ready meals , meat , and so on . Why ? Because it’s cheaper of course !

So maybe we should slap a whopping great tax on it ? That may remedy it . And do the whole return bottles thing ? For a few pence off the next one ....

Or are we so used to living in a throwaway society , and the few pennies we may get back mean nothing any longer ?

I certainly think the standard of living we have today is way higher than it was fifty years ago , so maybe our apathy is the result if having more than we used to .

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple
over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

"As citizens we have our own power to change our own lives as well as influence the politicians who represent us. The governments of the world need to act quickly, in order to ensure that the people alive in future are afforded a healthier and safer world to care for.

We have not been given a judgemental condemnation but invited to use the next 12 years in the most meaningful way, to really avoid the worst of what we could cause, if nothing changed.

It's better to learn now, instead of us or our descendants, wishing we'd known in time, rather than when it's too late.

This is about creating opportunities for the billions of people on earth plus those yet to be born, as well as all of the life forms we share the planet with, which are unable to remedy the mistakes of humans.

"

The Goverments will wring their hands at the problem, and claim to have a solution to the problem.

They will put up the tax on loads of stuff, which will not do anything but make more money for them.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

When I was a kid my parents didn't recycle. They used to burn everything in the garden or chuck it on the fire, which probably hasn't helped things either.

over a year ago

"I get frustrated because we can only do so much, its up to companies to stop over using it.

Also for people who don't recycle then go back a few decades and give money back on bottles, they can extend it to cans and plastic bottles. In other countries where there are street cats and dogs they exchange recyclables for animal food.

There are ways and means but they've grown a throwaway society "

this is a very good point.

i can remember as a child the washing mac_ine, hoover, cooker etc all being solid items and lasting years.

now kettles toasters and tvs are dirt cheap we replace them for the latest bling.

your services like councils police etc didnt have to run to a tight budget and things seem to get done.

but as the lady pointed out companies should be doing more and one of the problems we face is countries like china are not interested in what the outside world thinks.

to them its business above health.

bring back the bottle deposit scheme, give people a reason to recycle. if they get something back youd get more people doing it.

most goes into a landfill site so sometimes even recycling is a joke.

over a year ago

Have a look at Trash Island in the Maldives on YouTube.

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Ironically we live in a world where government's say that we broke the planet... They run around dropping depleted uranium all over the place, firing nuclear weapons under the sea and then expect us to fix it with a bag for life and a special light bulb.

Wind the clocks back 20/30 years and we recycled pretty much everything from lemonade bottles to having a roast chicken sunday and it being dragged out to chicken soup on tuesday.

When TVs broke they were fixed at home if possible and other appliances too. Today we live in a world where it is cheaper to replace a washing mac_ine than to fix the old one.

Take a look at what leaps have been made in solar energies, reuseable power sources... Then look at the simple fact there is a pipeline which spans across russia carrying oil but we still cant get water to certain areas.

over a year ago

The planet will be fine, it’s us who will be fucked.

over a year ago

"The planet will be fine, it’s us who will be fucked. "

Are we not fucking up for the wildlife too?

over a year ago

Fair point. It only affects the people that care anyway. The ones that don't care will still dump their rubbish all over the place and create havoc.

That's not true !

There are two groups open to change

The first is children so if the message only convinced one more child it's good

The second is an odd one

That's people who change ,

Some people come to a time in their life where they just change , start eating healthy , exercise, and care for the planet

The motives and reasons vary the ages vary but it happens some humans have a so called epiphany

Beyond that you're right the pig headed racists rarely change , but it isn't unknown for them to wake up

"

What has racism got to do with recycling?

Good point about kids. It's their future that's at stake.

over a year ago

"When I was a kid my parents didn't recycle. They used to burn everything in the garden or chuck it on the fire, which probably hasn't helped things either."

You’re blaming your parents on global warming ?

over a year ago

"Ironically we live in a world where government's say that we broke the planet... They run around dropping depleted uranium all over the place, firing nuclear weapons under the sea and then expect us to fix it with a bag for life and a special light bulb.

Wind the clocks back 20/30 years and we recycled pretty much everything from lemonade bottles to having a roast chicken sunday and it being dragged out to chicken soup on tuesday.

When TVs broke they were fixed at home if possible and other appliances too. Today we live in a world where it is cheaper to replace a washing mac_ine than to fix the old one.

Take a look at what leaps have been made in solar energies, reuseable power sources... Then look at the simple fact there is a pipeline which spans across russia carrying oil but we still cant get water to certain areas. "

It reminds me of WALL-E.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"The planet will be fine, it’s us who will be fucked.

Are we not fucking up for the wildlife too?"

We are - I fear the oceans are beyond repair, ch@ked by plastic, and if they die, I'm not sure how long the rest of us will last.

We can and we must all take responsibility - reduce our own usage, buy electric cars, vote with our feet, demand our governments act, demand our supermarkets reduce packaging etc, etc.

over a year ago

If you need proof that the planet is heating up, there was a forest fire, in the arctic circle. The fucking arctic circle!

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"If you need proof that the planet is heating up, there was a forest fire, in the arctic circle. The fucking arctic circle!"
if it's combustible then it will catch fire...

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"The planet will be fine, it’s us who will be fucked.

Are we not fucking up for the wildlife too?

We are - I fear the oceans are beyond repair, ch@ked by plastic, and if they die, I'm not sure how long the rest of us will last.

We can and we must all take responsibility - reduce our own usage, buy electric cars, vote with our feet, demand our governments act, demand our supermarkets reduce packaging etc, etc."

Do I have to learn how to hold a pen between my toes

over a year ago

"If you need proof that the planet is heating up, there was a forest fire, in the arctic circle. The fucking arctic circle!if it's combustible then it will catch fire...

"

Well done, you passed year 7 chemistry.

But it was an out of control forest fire...in the arctic circle

over a year ago

soon as you fix one problem another will appear so they can invent a tax for it

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

It was all Eve's fault.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

But when we do recycle, this happens.

Millions of tons of waste plastic from British businesses and homes may be ending up in landfill sites across the world, the government’s spending watchdog has warned.

Huge amounts of packaging waste is being sent overseas on the basis that it will be recycled and turned into new products. However, concerns have been raised that in reality much of it is being dumped in sites from Turkey to Malaysia.

Every year, British households throw 22m tons of waste into the bin. Recycling rates have stagnated at about 44% and the UK is unlikely to hit its target of 50% by 2020.

Britain does not have the requisite infrastructure to recycle its own plastic waste, so it is sent abroad.

over a year ago

rewards? ... just do the right thing instead ... simple

over a year ago

theres recycling plants beyond the ice wall

By *agermeisterMan
over a year ago

Leeds

We all know that being told we are wrong will simply make us want to carry on ! "

What media overload? During the exceptional summer we had, guess how many times the BBC mentioned climate change? Twice.

over a year ago

I got an email from PayPal yesterday asking me to donate to a charity. That fucking pissed me off - why not donate 1% of your profit from me and just stop begging?

The corporate snobbery for good PR fucks me right off.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"rewards? ... just do the right thing instead ... simple"

over a year ago

The planet will be ok, we will just wipe ourselves out. Nature always wins in the end.

By *riefcase_WankerMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"The planet will be ok, we will just wipe ourselves out. Nature always wins in the end. "

Natural selection...

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

It's a western plot to stall the Asian industrial revolution! So say the Asians.....

over a year ago

Don't you believe we are? Truth hurts!

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

"

..if you're a five year old

over a year ago

"

..if you're a five year old "

over a year ago

Stacey Dooleys programme last night on the Beeb was really interesting, as was the “drowning in plastic” the week before.

Don’t put your head in the sand, we’ve become accustomed to a throwaway / disposable lifestyle which needs to change, to have sustainability before its too late.

over a year ago

"Stacey Dooleys programme last night on the Beeb was really interesting, as was the “drowning in plastic” the week before.

Don’t put your head in the sand, we’ve become accustomed to a throwaway / disposable lifestyle which needs to change, to have sustainability before its too late."

over a year ago

Gloucester

"

..if you're a five year old

"

Yeah

Seems a bit harsh to a five year old ....

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Stacey Dooleys programme last night on the Beeb was really interesting, as was the “drowning in plastic” the week before.

Don’t put your head in the sand, we’ve become accustomed to a throwaway / disposable lifestyle which needs to change, to have sustainability before its too late."

Couldn't put my head in the sand. It was full of plastic waste. It why I retreated to the mountains.

over a year ago

Don’t put your head in the sand, we’ve become accustomed to a throwaway / disposable lifestyle which needs to change, to have sustainability before its too late.

Couldn't put my head in the sand. It was full of plastic waste. It why I retreated to the mountains."

Careful of the fumes from the aeroplanes up there!

over a year ago

Couldn't put my head in the sand. It was full of plastic waste. It why I retreated to the mountains.

Careful of the fumes from the aeroplanes up there!"

And the mountain lions, be careful of the mountain lions!!!!

over a year ago

Couldn't put my head in the sand. It was full of plastic waste. It why I retreated to the mountains."

Exactly!!

Check out the Maldives trash island, where the luxury hotels dispose of their rubbish, unbelievable sight

over a year ago

Reuse condoms wash them out lol

over a year ago

Drowning in plastic was a very sad watch , it's all wrong we constantly get told to recycle put the right things in the right colour bins the council switch off the street lights to save money and we see Las Vegas lights blazing away and all the countries in the world but there shit and rubbish on barges and then gets dumped into the sea and we don't do a damn thing

By *allSteveMan
over a year ago

Poole

The human race is just a disease. A virus sent to destroy the world

By *eady and Willing 9Man
over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"wait till we are able to travel to the next one.

fuck that one up as well"

They're already working on that fuck up as we speak

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple
over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"soon as you fix one problem another will appear so they can invent a tax for it"

That is so true.

I do think we have been poor custodians of the planet, in terms of how we trash it. The climate change aspect is in my view less down to us, but part of a bigger natural cycle when you consider the little time relatively that industrialisation has been going compared to the history of the world.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

In the ladt year or so I've taken a bit more responsibility for my domestic waste and started to take the green bin much more seriously.

Must admit to being shocked at how much crap I used to put in the general bin.

The green bin is full by the time the fortnightly collection arrives, even though I'm more careful about not buying "stuff" that can't be recycled.

The grey bin has very little in it these days.

Quite an eye opener......

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Here in Britian things are changing but in terms of the Planet being fucked and wildlife dieing out , it's third world countries and the cunts in China that Fuck it all up. The main issue is in the poorer nations they don't have the infrastructure to ensure proper recycling and refuse collection so shit just gets thrown any and everywhere . It's not the citizens of those countries fault, they have no option , so until those governments help out , the Planet will be fucked, and quickly too

over a year ago

The sooner it happens the better.Because only at the precipice looking into the abyss will we change.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Here in Britian things are changing but in terms of the Planet being fucked and wildlife dieing out , it's third world countries and the cunts in China that Fuck it all up. The main issue is in the poorer nations they don't have the infrastructure to ensure proper recycling and refuse collection so shit just gets thrown any and everywhere . It's not the citizens of those countries fault, they have no option , so until those governments help out , the Planet will be fucked, and quickly too "

It is my opinion that those countries need the money and support of the richer countries in the world , instead of starting trade wars or using poor countries as slave labour !

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

A bit random but does anyone remember Captain Planet?

over a year ago

It's obvious we won't be able to fix the problem and the environment will become hostile e to human life this century .So why not genetically enhance humans to live on the uninhabitable parts of the planet .Augmented humans will give us a few more centuries here on earth .

Post new Message to Thread