Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Dating Pool

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm curious about people's experience of the type of people they've met when dating and why they didn't find them suitable.

My experience was pretty depressing. Most of the women I met were utter nutters. One tried to use the date to convert me to Christianity before the devil ate my soul A couple were nice but really incompatible. It veered from the super dull to one who was highly argumentative and aggressive. Others were really weird and clingy. In short, I wouldn't class most of the people I met as normal. It was like being in an episode of the league of gentlemen

Has this been your experience too? Is the dating pool just filled with weirdos of either gender? Or is your issue different?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *gentlegiant66Man
over a year ago

Kettering

i met one who was so argumentative and complained about everything, so rude to bar staff etc.

I said im off and left.

Couple of weeks later i was chatting with another and through specific details realised she had dated a guy who had the same experience with the same woman and responded in the same way.

Nutter

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've had three separate women approach me with blood fetishes.

On the other side of the coin, I did tell a girl I wanted to wear her skin.

So, yes, it does seem to be filled with weirdos of both genders.

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

Are these people you've met through online dating or some other way?

I'm very happily single at the moment but expect at some point in the future I'll change my mind at that but have never used online dating sites and the thought terrifies. How do people find dates these days - I've been out of the game a long time!

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"I'm curious about people's experience of the type of people they've met when dating and why they didn't find them suitable.

My experience was pretty depressing. Most of the women I met were utter nutters. One tried to use the date to convert me to Christianity before the devil ate my soul A couple were nice but really incompatible. It veered from the super dull to one who was highly argumentative and aggressive. Others were really weird and clingy. In short, I wouldn't class most of the people I met as normal. It was like being in an episode of the league of gentlemen

Has this been your experience too? Is the dating pool just filled with weirdos of either gender? Or is your issue different? "

Funny that, I saw a similar thread from a woman telling us about this weird bloke she met who said he had personal conversations with God.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

over a year ago

One I was dating g after a few weeks said marry me so I dont get deported.

First date with a other arrived 8 months pregnant.

3 I've dated have told.be that they were forced to have sex but romantasies the experience as they guy doing it, they knew but we're fit. I just walked away calling them fucking idiots. They called me the bad guy.

One said after we hooked up and dated twice, if you want a baby, I'd give you one.

Another said she loves me after the 2nd week and saying g during sex, I wonder what our kids would look like.

All the chicks i meet around my age always want to lock me down.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I've never used a dating site.

I've thought about it but I it all seemed like a lot of hassle when I wasn't even sure what I was looking for myself. Did I want to date because I was looking for a relationship? No. I thought about going on the sites to meet new people and maybe go on actual dates, have new experiences. I realised I can get that on here, I always social first so that's kind of a date, even if it's for a coffee. The relationship side, I'm of the thought process that if it's meant to be, you'll find each other somewhere/somehow.

over a year ago

Iv never been on a date in my life

over a year ago

My experience are most people I meet in the street, with some online dating and some from here.

over a year ago

We've been together since we were 17. Never been out on the pull in my life never mind go on a date.

over a year ago

"Are these people you've met through online dating or some other way?

I'm very happily single at the moment but expect at some point in the future I'll change my mind at that but have never used online dating sites and the thought terrifies. How do people find dates these days - I've been out of the game a long time!"

Mine was just online dating, which is a total game. The results instilled a profound sense of "there must be a better way to meet people who don't warrant a warning sign on their forehead"

over a year ago

In the past when I was looking for someone more permanent I didn't have any real bad issues but then I have always been fussy so got a good handle on people before getting to the date stage.

over a year ago

"Iv never been on a date in my life"

You never dated the mother of your children?

By *mber DextrousWoman
over a year ago

Devon

"Are these people you've met through online dating or some other way?

I'm very happily single at the moment but expect at some point in the future I'll change my mind at that but have never used online dating sites and the thought terrifies. How do people find dates these days - I've been out of the game a long time!

Mine was just online dating, which is a total game. The results instilled a profound sense of "there must be a better way to meet people who don't warrant a warning sign on their forehead" "

From friends' experiences I'm thinking the same. The next question then is what is a better way?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"I'm curious about people's experience of the type of people they've met when dating and why they didn't find them suitable.

Has this been your experience too? Is the dating pool just filled with weirdos of either gender? Or is your issue different? "

Yeah, try it at my age when they are mostly physically unattractive to you as well. Lots of gorgeous young men mailing me on dating sites, but they don't actually want to date......

Men my own age? Found one who became a friend, one who I would have had a relationship with but he was attached, and virtually nothing else - stalkers, obsessives, garlic breath, unpleasant teeth, stains all down their yellow jumper....the list of 'undatable' crimes is endless. And the vast majority just want sex.

over a year ago

Nothing against dating sites - I can see why many use them, but I prefer to get to know people in person over a period of time and go from there. For all that you can learn remotely there are too many intangibles for my liking, and you're likely to have a much more complete picture of someone you are in physical contact with.

over a year ago

My first date I agreed to meet in a coffee shop, now I know it was casual but I always dress smart and he turned up in a track suit, not matching neither. No second date, but mr took me to this lovely little cafe and just captivated me x

over a year ago

Worst of mine was off baddoo, turned up half pissed, swore the whole time, then threw up. Went to put her in taxi and she said want to come back and fist me in both holes as my husband watches. Just dumped in taxi.

over a year ago

"Worst of mine was off baddoo, turned up half pissed, swore the whole time, then threw up. Went to put her in taxi and she said want to come back and fist me in both holes as my husband watches. Just dumped in taxi. "

Just needs the theme from Our Tune over it.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

What I don't understand is who all the fake profiles are on POF?? They always have fairly good-looking profile pics which often look suspiciously American, claim to be widowers and have profile text you can spot a mile off which read like "I am a simple and easy going widower searching for the best parts of my life, I've been hurt in the past in the quest for love, but I believe life is about picking up the shattered pieces and moving on, I sincerely trusts that if it's god's wish then I'll certainly find my soulmate on the website x"

Who tf are these people I wonder?? Scammers hoping to con gullible women out of money I suppose?? Nigerian tricksters? Spotty teenagers in a basement?

over a year ago

Has this been your experience too? Is the dating pool just filled with weirdos of either gender? Or is your issue different?

Yeah, try it at my age when they are mostly physically unattractive to you as well. Lots of gorgeous young men mailing me on dating sites, but they don't actually want to date......

Men my own age? Found one who became a friend, one who I would have had a relationship with but he was attached, and virtually nothing else - stalkers, obsessives, garlic breath, unpleasant teeth, stains all down their yellow jumper....the list of 'undatable' crimes is endless. And the vast majority just want sex. "

So do you think the general quality of the dating pool decreases from the 20s onward? It seems sensible to say the good ones get picked and the mad dull or bad get left. But I don't think it's that simple. Lots of lovely people find themselves single for various reasons later in life. I guess it just gets more and more difficult to find them. Needles in haystacks

over a year ago

"What I don't understand is who all the fake profiles are on POF?? They always have fairly good-looking profile pics which often look suspiciously American, claim to be widowers and have profile text you can spot a mile off which read like "I am a simple and easy going widower searching for the best parts of my life, I've been hurt in the past in the quest for love, but I believe life is about picking up the shattered pieces and moving on, I sincerely trusts that if it's god's wish then I'll certainly find my soulmate on the website x"

Who tf are these people I wonder?? Scammers hoping to con gullible women out of money I suppose?? Nigerian tricksters? Spotty teenagers in a basement?"

Employees of pof trying to keep you on the site... ever hopeful that the dream man/woman does exist

God this is a depressing thread haha

over a year ago

"Worst of mine was off baddoo, turned up half pissed, swore the whole time, then threw up. Went to put her in taxi and she said want to come back and fist me in both holes as my husband watches. Just dumped in taxi.

Just needs the theme from Our Tune over it. "

And Master bates

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Men my own age? Found one who became a friend, one who I would have had a relationship with but he was attached, and virtually nothing else - stalkers, obsessives, garlic breath, unpleasant teeth, stains all down their yellow jumper....the list of 'undatable' crimes is endless. And the vast majority just want sex.

So do you think the general quality of the dating pool decreases from the 20s onward? It seems sensible to say the good ones get picked and the mad dull or bad get left. But I don't think it's that simple. Lots of lovely people find themselves single for various reasons later in life. I guess it just gets more and more difficult to find them. Needles in haystacks "

I am afraid I would guess that were so, yes. There are nice people out there - but an awful lot of deeply damaged people too, and those with excess baggage.

over a year ago

I've never dated... Am beginning to think I might not ever bother now lol

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"What I don't understand is who all the fake profiles are on POF?? They always have fairly good-looking profile pics which often look suspiciously American, claim to be widowers and have profile text you can spot a mile off which read like "I am a simple and easy going widower searching for the best parts of my life, I've been hurt in the past in the quest for love, but I believe life is about picking up the shattered pieces and moving on, I sincerely trusts that if it's god's wish then I'll certainly find my soulmate on the website x"

Who tf are these people I wonder?? Scammers hoping to con gullible women out of money I suppose?? Nigerian tricksters? Spotty teenagers in a basement?

Employees of pof trying to keep you on the site... ever hopeful that the dream man/woman does exist

God this is a depressing thread haha "

Any thread about dating sites is bound to be lol, and yet yes, many people do find their soulmate, or a life partner at least.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I had a great time on POF just over two years back.

I was given some advice beforehand. Develop a thick skin and quick. Don’t take rejection seriously. Don’t believe anything. Don’t be on there for long.

I met my fair share of nutters, one stalker and had to involve the police. One woman that invited me over for tea, then ripped into me about all men are bastards, burst into tears, then apologised, got her boobs out to ask what I thought. They were her best feature.

I also met some lovely women and I really enjoyed the dating experience .

Nine months on the novelty wore off. In summary, I did meet some wonderful women, I probably ended up fucking some that I wish I hadn’t, and didn’t get to fuck some that I wish I had.

over a year ago

Everyone has their own idiosyncrasies, its whether someone else can overcome them because they at least like you.

Its always been little things that niggle me rather than major obstacles and i know that i am not the easiest person to get along with, my major flaw being that i like a lot of "me" time, i just like being on my own and find someone else around constantly an annoyance.

Of course being trans does not help in the dating game. Its not something a lot of women are enamoured to and most guys avoid incase someone else finds out.

Getting older does not help either.

A friend or relative will often say they know of xxxx who is single, what they usually avoid telling you is the baggage that also comes ... got 6 kids at home, breeds meerkats that run around the house, has cats and dogs that come before anything else ... there is always something that makes you say ... not interested.

over a year ago

I guess if it's any consolation for those of us singles struggling with the lack of quality in the dating pool, there are lots of miserable couples out there. I'd rather be single than emotionally vested in someone who's a total arse.

I guess that outlook causes one to view the dating pool in a somewhat diminished light too. When we were bushy tailed 20 somethings the world was full of people we might have wonderful liaisons with. As we get older we realise how toxic getting entwined with the wrong person can be

over a year ago

Is this like deadpool with candles

Post new Message to Thread