Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hippies

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I thought there would be more hippy liberal folk on here who are open to all types of sexual exploits. Turns out I've only met one... maybe I'm living in ge past but the swinging 60s does have a certain allure

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Were you born in the 60s?

over a year ago

welcome to fab 'woodstock' swingers.

over a year ago

"Were you born in the 60s?"

No but with my interests in spirituality, psychedelics and free sex think I would've fit right in

over a year ago

They’re all selling crystals in Glastonbury I think, and don’t believe in the internet!

over a year ago

Never trust a hippie, ever.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Never trust a hippie, ever."

Sounds prejudgmental and simplistic

over a year ago

I love hippies! So interesting to talk to and I love the braless Thaidye look. Plus I'm very trusting! Best way to be in my opinion

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I love hippies! So interesting to talk to and I love the braless Thaidye look. Plus I'm very trusting! Best way to be in my opinion"

Dude , hippies like all sub cultures differ from one another it's still best not to generalise , there are lovely hippies and utter knobs just like all humanity xxx

As for fab being liberal minded , some is some isn't , bit like all humanity xxx

However dude , if you advocate peace then I'm with you bro war does not solve any problem

Historically the evil team has won as much as the good team

I advocate as much peace and as little hatred as possible xxx but some love to hate

over a year ago

Sign me up dude! We just need to find some freedom child females with daisies in their hair and semi see through hippy dresses

over a year ago

drop out, tune in and turn on

over a year ago

"I love hippies! So interesting to talk to and I love the braless Thaidye look. Plus I'm very trusting! Best way to be in my opinion

Dude , hippies like all sub cultures differ from one another it's still best not to generalise , there are lovely hippies and utter knobs just like all humanity xxx

As for fab being liberal minded , some is some isn't , bit like all humanity xxx

However dude , if you advocate peace then I'm with you bro war does not solve any problem

I advocate as much peace and as little hatred as possible xxx but some love to hate "

Like everything there's good and bad in every group.

Don't wanna generalise but I generally get along better with liberal types. Usually says something about their personality if they're not wanting or willing to conform.

Oh and I am an advocate of peace but I don't think evil is winning. There's still plenty of good out there but it's not as news worthy so can be easy to forget.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I love hippies! So interesting to talk to and I love the braless Thaidye look. Plus I'm very trusting! Best way to be in my opinion

I advocate as much peace and as little hatred as possible xxx but some love to hate

Like everything there's good and bad in every group.

Don't wanna generalise but I generally get along better with liberal types. Usually says something about their personality if they're not wanting or willing to conform.

Oh and I am an advocate of peace but I don't think evil is winning. There's still plenty of good out there but it's not as news worthy so can be easy to forget."

Think YOU missed the post where the narrow minded out voter was knocking your position xxx and sadly narrow minded is winning about 52 votes to 48 across the world

And my point against war was for those who advocate that armies and fighting is good just because the West once beat fascism.

Peace xxx

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Shit where did I leave my worry beads, mood ring and dreamcatcher.

over a year ago

I second acts of beauty every day you just need to look for them. one of the main problems I find is that most people consider themselves to ge good without ever doing anything good or selfless. also most are happy to destroy the planet without giving it a second thought.

Still reckon it's about 50/50 on the good/bad front.... well I hope anyway

over a year ago

"Shit where did I leave my worry beads, mood ring and dreamcatcher."

Prob the same place you left the rest of your clothes

over a year ago

"Were you born in the 60s?

No but with my interests in spirituality, psychedelics and free sex think I would've fit right in"

You need to grow your hair, don't worry too much about personal hygiene, enjoy being permanently stoned and listen to awful music then

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

No but with my interests in spirituality, psychedelics and free sex think I would've fit right in

You need to grow your hair, don't worry too much about personal hygiene, enjoy being permanently stoned and listen to awful music then"

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

None of the hippies I spent my teenage years with lacked hygiene in any way. They had long hair, they smoked dope, but they were lovely, kind, peaceful people and I miss them.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Oh and the music was fucking awesome!!

over a year ago

You need to grow your hair, don't worry too much about personal hygiene, enjoy being permanently stoned and listen to awful music then"

Really? I think the music is awesome! Plus most hippies I know don't have poor hygiene they just don't use things like deodorant because of the harm to the planet

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"None of the hippies I spent my teenage years with lacked hygiene in any way. They had long hair, they smoked dope, but they were lovely, kind, peaceful people and I miss them."

They do say we remember our childhood with rose tinted glasses .

I can remember being at some hippy festival in Sussex when I was about 9 with my parents , and oh my days the stench of BO is still there now somewhere in the recesses of my sinuses !

Some of the music was complete crap too , but some was ok I guess though .

over a year ago

You need to grow your hair, don't worry too much about personal hygiene, enjoy being permanently stoned and listen to awful music then

Really? I think the music is awesome! Plus most hippies I know don't have poor hygiene they just don't use things like deodorant because of the harm to the planet"

Ahh you're on about new age hippies.. the watered down version of the original ones..

My aunt and uncle were the real deal..

They grew cannabis in the bathroom, drank magic mushroom tea and listened to dodgy folk music..and practiced 'free love' with whoever happened to be there at the time..

over a year ago

"None of the hippies I spent my teenage years with lacked hygiene in any way. They had long hair, they smoked dope, but they were lovely, kind, peaceful people and I miss them.

I can remember being at some hippy festival in Sussex when I was about 9 with my parents , and oh my days the stench of BO is still there now somewhere in the recesses of my sinuses !

Some of the music was complete crap too , but some was ok I guess though ."

Each to their own I guess.

I would try not to judge a whole group of people based on a festival.

I don't know about you either but my music taste has changed a bit since I was nine quite a lot.

over a year ago

Really? I think the music is awesome! Plus most hippies I know don't have poor hygiene they just don't use things like deodorant because of the harm to the planet

Ahh you're on about new age hippies.. the watered down version of the original ones..

My aunt and uncle were the real deal..

They grew cannabis in the bathroom, drank magic mushroom tea and listened to dodgy folk music..and practiced 'free love' with whoever happened to be there at the time.."

No I don't think so. What you have described is pretty standard for those trying to expand the horizons of their consciousness. Except maybe the folk music.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"None of the hippies I spent my teenage years with lacked hygiene in any way. They had long hair, they smoked dope, but they were lovely, kind, peaceful people and I miss them.

I can remember being at some hippy festival in Sussex when I was about 9 with my parents , and oh my days the stench of BO is still there now somewhere in the recesses of my sinuses "

So you were related to some smelly people....I am very sensitive to that kind of thing and I never once encountered any BO, not even in the squats, not even at Windsor free festival.....

No rose tint here, I had a fabulous time in the 70's...Thin Lizzy for 50p down Woolwich Poly, David Bowie at the Odeon.... Yes, Genesis, Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who all in one summer.....The Stones at Knebworth the year after, endless summers playing frisbee and lying around on the grass and the pubs running out of beer.....heaven!

I did a pretty good job of reliving some of it this year too, fabulous summer of music!

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I second acts of beauty every day you just need to look for them. one of the main problems I find is that most people consider themselves to ge good without ever doing anything good or selfless. also most are happy to destroy the planet without giving it a second thought.

Still reckon it's about 50/50 on the good/bad front.... well I hope anyway "

That's very pertinent the part about being altruistic. I was questioning myself recently and wondering if I had changed as a person since my youth. Back then I was certain what type of person i was. Today I am more cynical and perhaps give less of a shit. But when I compare myself to others I do believe that I still do retain this core part of myself even though it doesn't shine as brightly as it used to. I think that today's society is more steeped in narcissism and material gain which I try to separate myself from but not immune to it fully.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Never trust a hippie, ever.

Sounds prejudgmental and simplistic "

Its a very old saying. Take an embalmer and chill.

They sold hippy wigs in Woolworths. The greatest decade in mankinds history is over.

Im going to dig out my copy of Neil's Book of the Dead.

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"They’re all selling crystals in Glastonbury I think, and don’t believe in the internet!"

Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahha!!!

over a year ago

"None of the hippies I spent my teenage years with lacked hygiene in any way. They had long hair, they smoked dope, but they were lovely, kind, peaceful people and I miss them."

People seem to be on a race to the bottom today. I blame soap operas and reality tv. I miss "spirituality" being cool. Don't get me wrong sometimes that's full of shit too. £30 for a chakra infused Tibetan yak juice But I like it when people in general are trying to be better and kinder and fuller people

By *etLikeMan
over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

Am I qualified to answer this thread? One of my early knock backs on fab was a couple who messaged me looking for a meet. Then when I sent them a face picture, their reply was: “sorry don’t do hippies lol” I had much longer hair back then but I took it as something of an insult.

When I mention that incident to friends,

Some say that they consider me to be a bit hippy like. That being the attitude, individuality and care for others. I just see it as being a well rounded individual.

Whilst I may often dream of giving everything up and living on a commune, I do like my creature comforts. I would likely be the one tinkering away making gadgets out of old bits and pieces.

I see hypocrisy among some who preach a lifestyle where things such as deodorant is damaging. Yet they drive a 25 year old horse lorry belching diesel fumes out. Or think nothing of buying “substances” for their pleasure, whose manufacture has caused misery to others and breached modern slavery laws.

So yeah. There’s good and bad to everything.

over a year ago

"Am I qualified to answer this thread? One of my early knock backs on fab was a couple who messaged me looking for a meet. Then when I sent them a face picture, their reply was: “sorry don’t do hippies lol” I had much longer hair back then but I took it as something of an insult.

When I mention that incident to friends,

Some say that they consider me to be a bit hippy like. That being the attitude, individuality and care for others. I just see it as being a well rounded individual.

Whilst I may often dream of giving everything up and living on a commune, I do like my creature comforts. I would likely be the one tinkering away making gadgets out of old bits and pieces.

I see hypocrisy among some who preach a lifestyle where things such as deodorant is damaging. Yet they drive a 25 year old horse lorry belching diesel fumes out. Or think nothing of buying “substances” for their pleasure, whose manufacture has caused misery to others and breached modern slavery laws.

So yeah. There’s good and bad to everything. "

Ha! Yeah I'd be insulted too! But prob done you a favour as if someone is that close minded that they judge you entirely on your hair length they're prob a bit of a douche anyway.

I'm very much a hippie in terms of my ideals and attempt to care for the planet but I also realise how hard it is to not be a hypocrite like you mentioned with the deodorant.

It can be really hard to live your life without harming the planet, even if not intemtional

Post new Message to Thread