Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Born again Christians.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

My younges girl just passed test and today we picked her mini up we found 2 years old one lady driver and 20.000 clock and you never gess no CD or radio it was taken out from new because thay are born again christians and no TV s or PC S Or lap-tops ... weird. Fist stop on way home for john halforeds ,lol Thankgod for xmas offer on the cds radios.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"My younges girl just passed test and today we picked her mini up we found 2 years old one lady driver and 20.000 clock and you never gess no CD or radio it was taken out from new because thay are born again christians and no TV s or PC S Or lap-tops ... weird. Fist stop on way home for john halforeds ,lol Thankgod for xmas offer on the cds radios."

Halleluja Sister...

over a year ago

When we were kids we had neighbours who were Christadelphians and they didn't have a tele or a record player, but they did have a radio to listen to news bulletins.

over a year ago

"My younges girl just passed test and today we picked her mini up we found 2 years old one lady driver and 20.000 clock and you never gess no CD or radio it was taken out from new because thay are born again christians and no TV s or PC S Or lap-tops ... weird. Fist stop on way home for john halforeds ,lol Thankgod for xmas offer on the cds radios.

Halleluja Sister...

"

i am a sinner i am . ok we are car will never be the same again , lol

over a year ago

You should have asked for a few hundred quid off the asking price of the car because of no in care entertainment.

If they took offence at that, then you just ask them to forgive you!!

over a year ago

I remember my Aunty getting me Granpa a TV as a surprise years back. Yelled the house down he did

"Get that devils machine outa here".

Mind, TV n Internet does have a lot to answer for.

Take X factor for example.

over a year ago

"You should have asked for a few hundred quid off the asking price of the car because of no in care entertainment.

If they took offence at that, then you just ask them to forgive you!! "

yes thay give 100 off .. for cd she is getting a works car so she said .... just the born again thing i never new thay see it as a sin having things like CDS TV S PC S ..

over a year ago

"You should have asked for a few hundred quid off the asking price of the car because of no in care entertainment.

If they took offence at that, then you just ask them to forgive you!! yes thay give 100 off .. for cd she is getting a works car so she said .... just the born again thing i never new thay see it as a sin having things like CDS TV S PC S .."

it's temptation midear, hope they didn't look at you! xx

over a year ago

" i am a sinner i am . ok we are car will never be the same again , lol"

Check for footprints on the dashboard... They might not have been so innocent...

over a year ago

If they took offence at that, then you just ask them to forgive you!! yes thay give 100 off .. for cd she is getting a works car so she said .... just the born again thing i never new thay see it as a sin having things like CDS TV S PC S ..

it's temptation midear, hope they didn't look at you! xx"

well john got it with my older son i still have flu again in bed and here on lap-top with you lot x and posts here have made me smile today x looks like i am crying ,

over a year ago

" i am a sinner i am . ok we are car will never be the same again , lol

Check for footprints on the dashboard... They might not have been so innocent... "

john said for her its like a baby even had to go inside not see it drive of into the sun set , lol

over a year ago

I do have a telly, but honestly it only goes on when my mate comes round Friday nights, and we usually look for comedy.

I stopped bothering with TV when I became single nearly 5 years ago (have just 3 shows I look out for every year)and I can honestly say, I am much less grumpy without it

Dunno if I'm any closer to God though

over a year ago

"I do have a telly, but honestly it only goes on when my mate comes round Friday nights, and we usually look for comedy.

I stopped bothering with TV when I became single nearly 5 years ago (have just 3 shows I look out for every year)and I can honestly say, I am much less grumpy without it

Dunno if I'm any closer to God though "

well maybe your pc makes up for it ... just i was thinking thay was into music .

over a year ago

My 20 year old is in church st the moment, will be there all day. Goes to prayer meeting/choir practice every night bar Thursday's.

Her tv is in the bottom of her wardrobe, never watches tv, listens to the radio but radio 4 and LBC.

Doesn't have a boyfriend, never been kissed. Shocked and offended by promiscuous behaviour... . She thinks while she's been singing in church her old mum has been when in fact I've been a

God bless the innocent among us.

over a year ago

"My 20 year old is in church st the moment, will be there all day. Goes to prayer meeting/choir practice every night bar Thursday's.

Her tv is in the bottom of her wardrobe, never watches tv, listens to the radio but radio 4 and LBC.

Doesn't have a boyfriend, never been kissed. Shocked and offended by promiscuous behaviour... . She thinks while she's been singing in church her old mum has been when in fact I've been a

God bless the innocent among us. "

its a bit like my girls was at a convent school i felt thay was in good hands did get A * for religious studies , lol I feel what thay dont know will not hurt them you have a life to live x

over a year ago

"

Dunno if I'm any closer to God though well maybe your pc makes up for it ... just i was thinking thay was into music ."

Oh absolutely, I'd be lost without the pc.

I Find it hard to understand some religions not allowing music into their lives.

over a year ago

i think it was just them i know a few born again christians all hv tv's,pc's and cd players. the church my mum goes to has a website. i think its these weird sects that do that sort of thing

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"My younges girl just passed test and today we picked her mini up we found 2 years old one lady driver and 20.000 clock and you never gess no CD or radio it was taken out from new because thay are born again christians and no TV s or PC S Or lap-tops ... weird. Fist stop on way home for john halforeds ,lol Thankgod for xmas offer on the cds radios."

like swinging Christianity is a spectrum...there is no biblical reason to avoid music,in fact David (described as a man after God' heart)wrote the psalms,a book of songs.

But at least you know that they didnt go ram raiding in the car

over a year ago

When I was in my 20s I was piss poor and did not have a TV. It was crap

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I had enough trouble getting out the first time and as much as I've tried over the years I've never got back in so doubt I will ever be born again

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I can remember my grandad not wanting to update Grandmas dolly tub. 'Water and electric don't mix woman'

over a year ago

I used to be a church girl and stopped going over a year ago, not because of my extra curricular activities..hehe but not having a cd player in the car seems odd, they could have chosen to play christian cd's surely ..oh well each to their own

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Wonder what they do with all the time they have spare

over a year ago

"I used to be a church girl and stopped going over a year ago, not because of my extra curricular activities..hehe but not having a cd player in the car seems odd, they could have chosen to play christian cd's surely ..oh well each to their own "
Thats how i looked at it . strange .. x

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Wonder what they do with all the time they have spare "

Try and convert the rest of us?

over a year ago

"Wonder what they do with all the time they have spare

Try and convert the rest of us?"

thay must read the lords book .

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Try and convert the rest of us? thay must read the lords book ."

why do they want to know about cricket?

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

Try and convert the rest of us?"

Im a lost cause ....

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

Im a lost cause .... "

can I try and convert you?

over a year ago

" But at least you know that they didnt go ram raiding in the car

"

...and Moses came down in his Triumph...

over a year ago

" But at least you know that they didnt go ram raiding in the car

...and Moses came down in his Triumph... "

I think this is the quote you mean:

"the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in all the hills."

over a year ago

Why didnt they leave it in the car and just not turn it on ....

over a year ago

Ever since becoming a born-again Christian two years ago, I have approached every major decision in my life with the perspective of 'what would Jesus do?'. It's had a major impact on my life.

By the way,it's my birthday next week!

over a year ago

WWJD is a great way to approach things.

On the "not-having-a-cd player_ front I'm a bit baffled as hymns and singing have long featured heavily in Christian service of many denominations.

Each to their own I suppose.

over a year ago

"WWJD is a great way to approach things.

On the "not-having-a-cd player_ front I'm a bit baffled as hymns and singing have long featured heavily in Christian service of many denominations.

Each to their own I suppose."

and i still look at this as weird no music just music and hymns why not just have them playing and i know its each to there own ... how on earth do people like her cope in everyday life even going to tescos thay play music now.

over a year ago

Im a lost cause ....

can I try and convert you?"

Now thats a big ask.... The crossbars at Twickenham are a long way up...

over a year ago

When I was young (many years ago) we had some strict Methodists in our street who didn't have a television,but the Dad always came to our house to watch the Cup Final. The kids could not play out on a Sunday & we were never allowed to play in their house.

over a year ago

Im a lost cause ....

can I try and convert you?"

myself i dont think you have to even go to church to a christion i dont think you have to give up nothing in life ... i just see it all as a way of controling people and making people have values and it just dont work on some of us all the bain washing stuff. We have our own minds dont need it.

over a year ago

My ex in laws are christians and at one stage my ex Father in law was the minster of his church. They have tv even sky, they get the God Channel on it. I dont think God talks directly on this tho.

Funny story about them with a car. He had a 3 wheeler years ago. Had a big sticker on the bonnet saying "Jesus loves you". They lived on quite a rough council estate in Liverpool. The car was nicknamed by the local children as the Bible Bashers pencil sharpner as it resembled a pencil sharpner. They would often get neighbours knocking to say "would you remove your car out of our garden". The local children would all collectively move it and place it elsewhere

over a year ago

"My ex in laws are christians and at one stage my ex Father in law was the minster of his church. They have tv even sky, they get the God Channel on it. I dont think God talks directly on this tho.

Funny story about them with a car. He had a 3 wheeler years ago. Had a big sticker on the bonnet saying "Jesus loves you". They lived on quite a rough council estate in Liverpool. The car was nicknamed by the local children as the Bible Bashers pencil sharpner as it resembled a pencil sharpner. They would often get neighbours knocking to say "would you remove your car out of our garden". The local children would all collectively move it and place it elsewhere"

That just so funny i sall have to let john read this , lol will make him smile . xxx

By *hite SnakeMan
over a year ago

leeds

Born Again...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1HI1WrW8s&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL754F662E72CC929B

over a year ago

"Born Again...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q1HI1WrW8s&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL754F662E72CC929B"

that was funny that one

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Im a lost cause ....

can I try and convert you? myself i dont think you have to even go to church to a christion i dont think you have to give up nothing in life ... i just see it all as a way of controling people and making people have values and it just dont work on some of us all the bain washing stuff. We have our own minds dont need it."

You dont need to go to church...but it helps....like swinging its much more fun with other people

over a year ago

" You dont need to go to church...but it helps....like swinging its much more fun with other people "

Magic

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

ivd not watched television for over three weeks and i havent missed it at all.

over a year ago

A few years ago me and a mate were 'recruited'from outside the job centre by a born again christian gypsy!

He had us fitting UVCP cladding over wooden cladded houses using nothing more than panel pins!!!???? in livingston.A rip off merchant of the first order!

In his van on the way to work he would subject us to the bible on tape and ask us questions about god and faith and all that bollocks!

Lasted three whole days then decided it wasn't worth it. x

Post new Message to Thread