Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

£10,000

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Golden hello payment for troops thrown out of the forces for taking drugs .

I know it's a story from the mail .. really are the forces so short of man power so short of recruits that they'd consider paying folk to rejoin.. if this is genuine the person that came up with the idea needs to give theirs head a wobble

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

They would probably spend a lot more training up new ones. If they can find anyone to join. I think I would need drugs to be in the army

over a year ago

Doesn't surprise me.

Years of redundancy, kit that doesn't work, piss poor pay rises or a pay freeze, killed all morale that was left. The RAF changed their recruitment process and the people coming through from training were beyond useless.

Glad I left in 2007 just as it really started going down hill.

A mate I was stationed with has just left after 22 years, they tried to get him to stay by offering him the 10k, he just laughed at them.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 07/10/18 14:37:36]

over a year ago

Recruitment has always been a problem. They thought they fixed it with the end of county regiments but now nearly every 'Big' regiment is undermanned. If they ever were to bother to listen to the troops instead some brigader in Whitehall they might understand, thats its because they cannot keep many beyond the minimume contract.

Lets be honest it not like the adverts. Training is tough. Most fail. Bullying is rife and always will be. Troops get bored. Most officers think they are better than they are so the troops dont trust them. Limited investment in basic kit. The list is long.

Post new Message to Thread