Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dr Who will this be the death of it?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As a bit of a who fan whereby I dip in and out of it...do you think a women doctor will finally kill it off?

BTW I think Chris Eccleston was the best of the lot. Your thoughts...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lsieWoman
over a year ago

where ever

"As a bit of a who fan whereby I dip in and out of it...do you think a women doctor will finally kill it off?

BTW I think Chris Eccleston was the best of the lot. Your thoughts..."

I agree . loved Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor. Just watched his episodes last night .

Though Paul McCann did a good one off too

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ill reserve judgement till tonights episode see how it goes

over a year ago

"As a bit of a who fan whereby I dip in and out of it...do you think a women doctor will finally kill it off?

Why will the Doctor being female finally kill it off???!!

over a year ago

Why will the Doctor being female finally kill it off???!! "

I was thinking the same.

Shit story lines with the last doctor killed my interest.

I’ll tune in tonight.

over a year ago

I think the opening scene should have The Doctor looking down her trousers and saying "Well, that's new"

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I don't think it will do any harm at all, I think there will be a whole new group of fans...

Cal

over a year ago

Why will the Doctor being female finally kill it off???!! "

Just a debate I've been in with a few who fans....I'm not anti female I can assure you

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

Massive fan! Thought peter capaldi was rubbish tho. David Tennent and christopher Ecvleston were my favs. Wanted to hate matt smith but loved him too.

Keeping am open mind re the new one. Hoping Bradley Walsh rescues it

over a year ago

"I think the opening scene should have The Doctor looking down her trousers and saying "Well, that's new" "

Or my knickers

over a year ago

I don’t know what to expect of this series, the trailers have been reasonably low key so haven’t given much of an insight into the monsters or ‘thrills’ to come. Some of the recent series have been hit and miss, it would be nice to have a series full of killer episodes with no fillers for a change.

over a year ago

"I think the opening scene should have The Doctor looking down her trousers and saying "Well, that's new" "

Hahaha now that's funny

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"I don’t know what to expect of this series, the trailers have been reasonably low key so haven’t given much of an insight into the monsters or ‘thrills’ to come. Some of the recent series have been hit and miss, it would be nice to have a series full of killer episodes with no fillers for a change."

She is v wooden in one trailer.

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

Dr Who has resurrected itself really well since the awful attempt at a film with Paul McGann proving that not only is the original fan base still out there but it has also managed to build up a new fan base. Ecclestone did a great job in the initial rebirth and it has been successfully built on. It’s probably stumbled along somewhat with Capaldi and the introduction of a female Dr may give it an initial boost in interest which if the storylines are good enough could tempt another new audience. We will soon find out.

over a year ago

Why will the Doctor being female finally kill it off???!!

Just a debate I've been in with a few who fans....I'm not anti female I can assure you "

I'm pleased to hear it! x

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

A female Dr they will get the vote next

Didn't like capaldi but looking forward to see the new girl I just hope the script writers do a good job as sometimes it is a tad weak

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

A female doctor..

David tennant - aww i wanted red hair, i wanted to be a woman... Even matt smith touched on similar lines.

Personally i think it could work quite well

over a year ago

Why do you think a woman doctor could be the death of it?

I know that the daily mail had a meltdown because somehow an alien that has 2 hearts, regenerates, is over a 1000 years old and has the ability to travel through space and time in a police box that is considerably smaller on the outside apparently needs to have a pens to be believable but I don't see the difference a female doctor makes myself

By *randmrsminxyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

Doctor who will be shit even with a lister actor . Why because it's on the BBC

over a year ago

Is there a kitchen on the tardis?

over a year ago

Jody Whittaker is a decent enough actress, the supporting cast apart from Bradley Walsh are an unknown quantity, so will look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

over a year ago

Old fans may go - now fans will come....

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

The trailers seem to suggest that they're aiming at a slightly younger audience.

over a year ago

Matt smith was my favourite

And i don't see why having a female Dr will kill it off

over a year ago

No I think she'll be great for it. Matt Smith was my fav doctor so far

over a year ago

I used to like the old doctor who's...but I mean probably 20 years ago.

I think its utter shit sci-fi..

we have all sorts of great tv to watch these days, I just wouldnt waste my time

By *ohnandLucyCouple
over a year ago

Newcastle

It's the writing that will make or break it. Peter Capaldi could have been a great doctor he just had crap scripts to work with...

over a year ago

"Doctor who will be shit even with a lister actor . Why because it's on the BBC "

If you're not a fan then it will be shit..however i dont see why it being on the BBC has anything to do with it as thats where its always been

By *ctionnotwords69Man
over a year ago

ENFIELD

Bring back Sylvester McCoy...

over a year ago

"Bring back Sylvester McCoy...

"

Very underrated...

I have been hoping for a woman as the Dr for years... let's hope this goes well...

Just for the record my favourite Dr was Jon Pertwee...

over a year ago

"Doctor who will be shit even with a lister actor . Why because it's on the BBC

If you're not a fan then it will be shit..however i dont see why it being on the BBC has anything to do with it as thats where its always been "

it'll be shit because its on the BBC lol..reasons:

they know they have a brand name franchise thats been going a long time...it's pretty cheaply made, not exactly taxing on the brain..

british sci-fi in general has been awful for a long time

and even terrestrial channels have tried to take on big guns like game of thrones etc..I mean...'Atlantis'..ffs..wtf IS that!?!

over a year ago

Yep, will be the final series never to be dredged up again...

over a year ago

Unless its good, in which case they will make more

over a year ago

Im going to give her a chance but David Tennant will always be my Doctor. I still sob watching him regenerate. Miss him so much x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I dork with a die hard Dr Who fan and he approves!! That's food enough for me, I haven't watched since David Tennant but I've seen a clip so may tune in later.

over a year ago

I don't really watch Dr who but I'm gonna give it a watch tonight, not too much for Jodie Whittaker even though she is hot, but to see what Bradley Walsh is like, he is brilliant.

As for killing it off? I don't think she will, she's a pretty good actress And whoever could compliment her better than Bradley Walsh.

over a year ago

David Tennant was the best.

And I hope that having a female doctor doesn’t kill the show. If it does, it just shows how incredibly sexist and ridiculous our nation has become. Unfortunately I see it happening.

over a year ago

"David Tennant was the best.

And I hope that having a female doctor doesn’t kill the show. If it does, it just shows how incredibly sexist and ridiculous our nation has become. Unfortunately I see it happening. "

they better not make her have any lesbian leanings either

can you imagine the outrage!

over a year ago

And I hope that having a female doctor doesn’t kill the show. If it does, it just shows how incredibly sexist and ridiculous our nation has become. Unfortunately I see it happening. "

No... this will not happen...

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

It must be an age thing but there is only one Dr Who.....John Pertwee.

Look at Ghostbusters and Oceans remakes and there you will have your answer.

P.s there is only one James Bond too.....Sean Connery.

over a year ago

And I hope that having a female doctor doesn’t kill the show. If it does, it just shows how incredibly sexist and ridiculous our nation has become. Unfortunately I see it happening.

they better not make her have any lesbian leanings either

can you imagine the outrage!"

They’ll kick Dr Who out of Britain as part of their Brexit deal

over a year ago

"Bring back Sylvester McCoy...

Very underrated...

I have been hoping for a woman as the Dr for years... let's hope this goes well...

Just for the record my favourite Dr was Jon Pertwee... "

Mine too

Don't agree with a woman though

By *haverMan
over a year ago

bracknell

Finaly we will find out where the vacuum cleaner lives in the tardis....... ONLY JOKING........

By * and M lookingCouple
over a year ago

Worcester

"Finaly we will find out where the vacuum cleaner lives in the tardis....... ONLY JOKING........ "

Next to the ironing board

Don't worry K-9 does it anyway.

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Maybe she'll have a sonic duster as well?

over a year ago

Think political correctness has finally reached the beeb but she might actually be an improvement on last Dr ,my lads refused to watch him as he was shite

over a year ago

"Think political correctness has finally reached the beeb but she might actually be an improvement on last Dr ,my lads refused to watch him as he was shite"

Political correctness because they made a time travelling alien a doctor?

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

She will ace it!

over a year ago

"Think political correctness has finally reached the beeb but she might actually be an improvement on last Dr ,my lads refused to watch him as he was shite

Political correctness because they made a time travelling alien a doctor? "

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman

over a year ago

If she driving the Tardis, applying make up, using her phone and holding a Costa coffee.

Then yes

over a year ago

"Think political correctness has finally reached the beeb but she might actually be an improvement on last Dr ,my lads refused to watch him as he was shite

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman "

nope not bothered about her sex but I think been gave into peer pressure finally now all we need is a female bond that bonks her way through the movie but I do think they will probly throw in a transgender side kick and a bi baddy at some point

over a year ago

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman nope not bothered about her sex but I think been gave into peer pressure finally now all we need is a female bond that bonks her way through the movie but I do think they will probly throw in a transgender side kick and a bi baddy at some point"

So what if they do?

over a year ago

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman nope not bothered about her sex but I think been gave into peer pressure finally now all we need is a female bond that bonks her way through the movie but I do think they will probly throw in a transgender side kick and a bi baddy at some point

So what if they do? "

well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show

over a year ago

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman nope not bothered about her sex but I think been gave into peer pressure finally now all we need is a female bond that bonks her way through the movie but I do think they will probly throw in a transgender side kick and a bi baddy at some point

So what if they do?

well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show"

Parents wouldn’t want their children exposed to same sex relationships and/or transgenders?

over a year ago

So what if they do?

well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show

Parents wouldn’t want their children exposed to same sex relationships and/or transgenders? "

to sexual content

,But hey it's all just theory maybe political correctness won't win out and she bombs worse than capaldi and they kill her off but let's see tonight and pick this up again at a later date

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

So what if they do? well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show"

over a year ago

Il not be watching as the only reason its a woman is political pressure due to the bbc paygap abuse they got

over a year ago

So what if they do?

Parents wouldn’t want their children exposed to same sex relationships and/or transgenders?

to sexual content

,But hey it's all just theory maybe political correctness won't win out and she bombs worse than capaldi and they kill her off but let's see tonight and pick this up again at a later date"

Clara was bisexual (or implied anyway). Having someone bisexual on the programme or transgender wouldn’t be PC or sexual

over a year ago

Sorry, not a doctor, a woman nope not bothered about her sex but I think been gave into peer pressure finally now all we need is a female bond that bonks her way through the movie but I do think they will probly throw in a transgender side kick and a bi baddy at some point"

Are you talking about Who's sidekick and baddy or Bond's.

over a year ago

Tbh its about damn time they let a woman play the doctor it was a surprise sure but looking back at jodies body of work she most definitely has the credentials and skill to at least try to make it hers now im a huge fan of Tennants doctor could never get on with matt smith and i only really watched a handful of capaldis doctor when they announced jodie i was actually happy as i genuinely like her and think she'll take it in a different way now my problem is this Bradley walsh as one of the sidekicks i dont think this is going to work as i think and its just my opinion i think Bradley walsh cant act sure i enjoy him in the chase but thats totally different to acting in doctor who i mean he might prove me wrong and he does a great job i just have my doubts

over a year ago

So what if they do? well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show"

What did you think of Cipaldi's last assistant Bill being openly gay?

over a year ago

"It's the writing that will make or break it. Peter Capaldi could have been a great doctor he just had crap scripts to work with..."

I agree with this, plus Clara was just awful, awful!! Looking forward to seeing what tonight brings

over a year ago

So what if they do?

Parents wouldn’t want their children exposed to same sex relationships and/or transgenders? "

That makes no sense because in cartoons and children's tv thay have been showing stuff like that for ages have you seen power rangers or cbbc lately same sex relationships are pretty much the norm nowadays

over a year ago

Think people make too much of there being a female doctor.

It's normal and I'm all for it

over a year ago

"Il not be watching as the only reason its a woman is political pressure due to the bbc paygap abuse they got "

Is that really the reason? Or were you never going to watch it anyway and now have an excuse to be outraged?

over a year ago

So what if they do? well considering its age range of viewers maybe parents won't want their kids exposed to what they see as something unsuitable for their kids IE same sex relationships boys who think their girls etc etc after all it is supposed to be a family show

What did you think of Cipaldi's last assistant Bill being openly gay?

"

How did I forget about Bill?!

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"Im going to give her a chance but David Tennant will always be my Doctor. I still sob watching him regenerate. Miss him so much x "

Same! "But I don't want to go..."

*Bawls*

I can't wait to see what the new writing team will bring to this. All in favour of a female Doctor too, and as others have mentioned there have been hints for several years that the show would head in this direction.

I'm really looking forward to it

(Also the advert where she literally smashes a glass ceiling then deadpans 'Whoops' to the camera - loved it. In my head that was aimed at the DM)

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"Il not be watching as the only reason its a woman is political pressure due to the bbc paygap abuse they got "

Or maybe she's just a really good actor who can handle a role that requires a tricky balance of drama, comedy and pathos, and the role description for 'A time travelling alien with 2 hearts who lives in a time machine that's bigger on the inside, meeting companions along the way' is one that works for any gender?

over a year ago

"Im going to give her a chance but David Tennant will always be my Doctor. I still sob watching him regenerate. Miss him so much x

Same! "But I don't want to go..."

*Bawls*

I can't wait to see what the new writing team will bring to this. All in favour of a female Doctor too, and as others have mentioned there have been hints for several years that the show would head in this direction.

I'm really looking forward to it

(Also the advert where she literally smashes a glass ceiling then deadpans 'Whoops' to the camera - loved it. In my head that was aimed at the DM)"

Oh my goodness it still makes me cry

over a year ago

Is there a kitchen on the tardis?"

Dunno mate...does it have a toilet aswell?

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

Dunno mate...does it have a toilet aswell?"

There's definitely a swimming pool and a library, so I think it'd be safe to assume so!

over a year ago

"Old fans may go - new fans will come....

"

FTFY

over a year ago

Dunno mate...does it have a toilet aswell?

There's definitely a swimming pool and a library, so I think it'd be safe to assume so!"

I bet it's one of those unisex ones

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Geeky Whovian here.

I've watched the show all my life.

Tom Baker was my childhood favourite, David Tennant stole my heart as an adult.

I've enjoyed several shows I've seen Jodie in, and I'm excited to see what she brings to the show.

And I'm sure there's a kitchen in the TARDIS. Even TimeLords need to eat

By *DreamOfGenieWoman
over a year ago

London

"Geeky Whovian here.

I've enjoyed several shows I've seen Jodie in, and I'm excited to see what she brings to the show.

And I'm sure there's a kitchen in the TARDIS. Even TimeLords need to eat "

Fish fingers and custard

over a year ago

"Geeky Whovian here.

And I'm sure there's a kitchen in the TARDIS. Even TimeLords need to eat "

Sadly I still remember William hartnell

And if there's a kitchen it would make sense there's a toilet I suppose

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"It's the writing that will make or break it. Peter Capaldi could have been a great doctor he just had crap scripts to work with...

I agree with this, plus Clara was just awful, awful!! Looking forward to seeing what tonight brings "

Me too

over a year ago

Planet Ork

Cyberman is looking forward to it!

over a year ago

forgot the Victorian lesbian lizard and her side kick with the butler who's race I forget beginning with s

over a year ago

Sontaran that's the chap

over a year ago

For me the most spooky episode was that WW2 one where all the kids had gas masks fixed to Thier faces. That was who at its best

over a year ago

Planet Ork

"For me the most spooky episode was that WW2 one where all the kids had gas masks fixed to Thier faces. That was who at its best "

Are you my mommy

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Geeky Whovian here.

And if there's a kitchen it would make sense there's a toilet I suppose "

I thought William Hartnell was still Dr Who

over a year ago

My gripe is that there's enough sexuality on TV at Mon thrust in our faces we don't need more

over a year ago

Tom baker was my fave as a kid and I must admit Matt Smith and David Tennant were the pick of the present crop

over a year ago

"Geeky Whovian here.

I thought William Hartnell was still Dr Who "

Nah Patrick Troughton took over from him

Right im Deffo off now

over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Tom baker was my fave as a kid and I must admit Matt Smith and David Tennant were the pick of the present crop"

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Geeky Whovian here.

I thought William Hartnell was still Dr Who

Nah Patrick Troughton took over from him

Right im Deffo off now "

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I think the opening scene should have The Doctor looking down her trousers and saying "Well, that's new"

Hahaha now that's funny "

Actually that's been done before.

There was a Comic Relief Special (purist Whovains might moan about it).

This mini episode had Hugh Grant who died and became Joanna Lumley (of Sapphire and Steel fame).

She thought her boobs where weapons and confused her nipples on on/off switches. Much to the chargrin of her companion, Julia Sawalha.

JL has been considered before and should be again.

Arabella Weir was in the audio books as the Doctor. So this current female doctor may be the first main official TV doctor, to get her own series. But she is by no means the first.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"It must be an age thing but there is only one Dr Who.....John Pertwee.

Look at Ghostbusters and Oceans remakes and there you will have your answer.

P.s there is only one James Bond too.....Sean Connery."

Agreed but Tom Baker was good too.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

YES! And if you watch Stephen Moffat's 2 part drama called The Second Coming, You'l see a rather familiar face standing in front of a pair or blue wooden doors looking a bit lost. This can be considered as a screen test for his role. Mark Benton is there too.

This is similar casting/screen test for Daniel Craig going from "Layer Cake" to "Casino Royal", Still wearing the same Tux, perhaps.

Check out the "Cheeky bastard!" speech in Man City's Ground" and tell me that is not a warm up for the second coming of the TARDIS, back on to our tellys.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"For me the most spooky episode was that WW2 one where all the kids had gas masks fixed to Thier faces. That was who at its best

Are you my mommy "

That's the message tone for my kids on my phone!

Ringtone is the theme tune, and several other friends have Dr tones too

By *ystical_InkedBBWWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in the Shire of Derby

Sydney Newman, who devised the programme in the 1960s said in the 80s that they needed to make the Doctor a woman when it slumped in the ratings,they shelved the programme for 16 years

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/doctor-who/8052694/How-Doctor-Who-nearly-became-the-Time-Lady.html

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

Eccleston was fab and still my favourite. I own the TARDIS DVD boxset. Doctor...The Doctor? Three words long. Never, have so few words spoken told us what was about to happen, to so many people.

Baker was my childhood doctor.

Both of these were, unstable, sarcastic and very, very good at making you ask, is he really the good guy?

That's good story writing.

As For David Tennant, he had a tough act to follow, but managed to be a good long term doctor.

My next choice for The Doctor, will fill that gap left by Christopher Ecclestone.

Who is he?

A northerner (cos everywhere's got a North)

A bit gobby (when things go wrong)

A tea drinker (good prop, just like jelly babies)

Owns sideburns

Wears overalls (his identity/costume)

Wears crash helmets (Surely you must have guessed by now)

Has done a few challenges

Isn't phased by speed or time (massive clue)

And has an extensive socket set and isn't afraid to use it on those intergalactic dustbins and foil wrapped shop dummies!

Yup, it's our Guy. Guy Martin.

Makes sense doesn't it.

So let's spread the word around, that he should be next. The writers included John Hurt, RIP, for a brief moment. It can and should be done.

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

West Kent (near Tonbridge)

Not a huge fan of the show (I was as a child), but I don't think having a woman Dr Who will kill it off. Certainly shouldn't do anyway!

My childhood doctors were Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Peter Davison and I liked all three, but my all time favourite doctor without a shadow of doubt was Paul McGann. Not a big fan of the movie, but thought he was exactly how the doctor should be. Pity, in my view, he never got a proper run in the series.

over a year ago

"My gripe is that there's enough sexuality on TV at Mon thrust in our faces we don't need more "

So basically your offended by something you have no idea whether it will be included in the new series of Dr Who because somehow a female Dr equates to gays a d bisexualso running amok through the story lines?

over a year ago

"Il not be watching as the only reason its a woman is political pressure due to the bbc paygap abuse they got

Or maybe she's just a really good actor who can handle a role that requires a tricky balance of drama, comedy and pathos, and the role description for 'A time travelling alien with 2 hearts who lives in a time machine that's bigger on the inside, meeting companions along the way' is one that works for any gender?"

I dont disagree appart from the timing seems forced is all

Far too political a move trying to keep the equal ops brigade happy

over a year ago

So, should it now be called "Nurse Who"?

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

"Not a huge fan of the show (I was as a child), but I don't think having a woman Dr Who will kill it off. Certainly shouldn't do anyway!

My childhood doctors were Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker and Peter Davison and I liked all three, but my all time favourite doctor without a shadow of doubt was Paul McGann. Not a big fan of the movie, but thought he was exactly how the doctor should be. Pity, in my view, he never got a proper run in the series."

Just like Roger Moore with James Bond

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

"So, should it now be called "Nurse Who"? "

Oooooo Matron!

over a year ago

"

Makes sense doesn't

"

I think your bang on mate...he would be great

By *lueWonderMan
over a year ago

Preston.....ish

"Eccleston was fab and still my favourite. I own the TARDIS DVD boxset. Doctor...The Doctor? Three words long. Never, have so few words spoken told us what was about to happen, to so many people.

Baker was my childhood doctor.

Both of these were, unstable, sarcastic and very, very good at making you ask, is he really the good guy?

That's good story writing.

As For David Tennant, he had a tough act to follow, but managed to be a good long term doctor.

My next choice for The Doctor, will fill that gap left by Christopher Ecclestone.

Who is he?

A northerner (cos everywhere's got a North)

A bit gobby (when things go wrong)

A tea drinker (good prop, just like jelly babies)

Owns sideburns

Wears overalls (his identity/costume)

Wears crash helmets (Surely you must have guessed by now)

Has done a few challenges

Isn't phased by speed or time (massive clue)

And has an extensive socket set and isn't afraid to use it on those intergalactic dustbins and foil wrapped shop dummies!

Makes sense doesn't it.

So let's spread the word around, that he should be next. The writers included John Hurt, RIP, for a brief moment. It can and should be done.

"

Spot on

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Surely she can’t be any worse than capaldi was. He’s been the worst of the new bunch and for how shit the storylines have been in the last few series he shouldn’t have found it that hard to act through them

But Tennant was my favourite

By *othasMan
over a year ago

wigan

[Removed by poster at 07/10/18 16:15:17]

By *othasMan
over a year ago

wigan

like them all, even capaldi the episode where there were all the skulls in the castle was great.

And missy was/is the best master, it's all make believe it can be anything.

As for narrow minded people worrying about it just shows how sad they are.

No such thing as pc there's treating people with respect and the not being a dick

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

I don't see why she can't do a good job with the role she is a dam good actress

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"

Makes sense doesn't

I think your bang on mate...he would be great "

Thanks it just needs to get into the Dr Who forums and gain some ground swell.

With any luck the Dr Who writersare already thinking about this and are wondering, who let the cat out of the bag? I did! in fact it was me who put the cat there in the first place.

over a year ago

Planet Ork

It’s time

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

It's Timey Whimey time...

Shhhhhh!

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"It's Timey Whimey time...

Shhhhhh! "

Agreed

By *uttyjonnMan
over a year ago

cheshire

Not keen on her accent

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think she's doing brilliantly

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Like Dr who for Cbeebies.

By *essica jamiesonWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

He didnt enjoy being the Doctor! And jon pertwee is my fav! X

over a year ago

Not really enjoying this episode xx

over a year ago

Missed it, went for a run!

Any good? Will catch up on iPlayer

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

It was brilliant, love it and the doctor is now from Yorkshire

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I liked it

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"Missed it, went for a run!

Any good? Will catch up on iPlayer "

Definitely worth a watch

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I'm a happy Whovian

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"It was brilliant, love it and the doctor is now from Yorkshire "

She’s from Shat, just down road from us.... lass.

over a year ago

"I think she's doing brilliantly "

I agree she was good

Mind you that would be my blood luck if I regenerated as a women...still needing my silicon boobs ffs

over a year ago

It was brilliant ....

over a year ago

I enjoyed the first female doctor.looking forward to next week.

By *he riverdeep69Couple
over a year ago

North west ish

"I enjoyed the first female doctor.looking forward to next week. "

Me too. I think she will really grow into the role.

over a year ago

who was that women in silent witness.

she is good

over a year ago

Planet Ork

It was ok. Don’t think it was one of the better episodes but she came across ok as the Dr. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the series and hoping for some cyberman action!

over a year ago

I thought it was an great episode and a good start to a new series of Doctor Who. Love the new theme as well.

Looking forward to next weekend's episode already.

Is it me or does this new series have a sort of movie quality to it with how it's filmed?

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I saw Jodie Whittaker at san diago comic con a couple of months ago. She is nutty as a fruitcake and felt even then she would be perfect for the role

Tonight I have confirmed it’s like she has been doing the role for years

Also great to see dyspraxia getting a mention - I am 37 and still can’t ride a bike!!!!

over a year ago

"Also great to see dyspraxia getting a mention - I am 37 and still can’t ride a bike!!!! "

Yep! I've never ever seen a character with dyspraxia n TV before, I might actually watch this series

By *esus H ChristMan
over a year ago

birmingham

She seems ok so far, loved the new " old school" theme music though, back to the Radiophonic Workshops best

over a year ago

Best episode was with Eccleston, the ww2 with the child in a gas mask. All the stories afterwards were watered down shite, because the aforementioned episode was scaring the kids too much, even though the ending was a brilliant and positive, uplifting ending.

This resulted in boring shite scripts anf stories

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Also great to see dyspraxia getting a mention - I am 37 and still can’t ride a bike!!!!

Yep! I've never ever seen a character with dyspraxia n TV before, I might actually watch this series "

Never seen it before either!!!! It was portrayed well actually to close to home - sad mike

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

Thought this episode was a good opener.

over a year ago

"Best episode was with Eccleston, the ww2 with the child in a gas mask. All the stories afterwards were watered down shite, because the aforementioned episode was scaring the kids too much, even though the ending was a brilliant and positive, uplifting ending.

This resulted in boring shite scripts anf stories"

Already mentioned that episode .. and yeah it will take some beating but give the writers and the girl a chance eh..

over a year ago

I missed the first 7 mins so got to watch thst asap. Why is it on a Sunday?

over a year ago

Just watched it after a delay, it wasn’t as bad as I was expecting : it was ok actually, I quite enjoyed it! Promising opener, let’s see what happens over the next few weeks..

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

It's all about good writing and the bad guys.

You may or not like the Dr, it's the actual episode that gets you drawn in.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

I like Chris chibnalls other work so I'm interested to check this out.

The show has gone down hill, Eccleston was great, loved David Tennant. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan were great together. Capaldi's stories and scripts were rubbish.

Casting a woman does seem the let's trying to be hip pc thing to do at the moment, which I know is an unpopular view to many.

And I know it's slightly different with doctor who regenerates, which creates an easier opportunity to switch gender. But these lazy remakes and rehashes, let's do x but change it to women, like oceans 8 and Ghostbusters is just lazy and uninspiring.

If creators want to have female led stories, come up with something new and exciting. Create the new Buffy the vampire slayer (which I love), don't just rehash something but add in a woman.

over a year ago

"I like Chris chibnalls other work so I'm interested to check this out.

The show has gone down hill, Eccleston was great, loved David Tennant. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan were great together. Capaldi's stories and scripts were rubbish.

Casting a woman does seem the let's trying to be hip pc thing to do at the moment, which I know is an unpopular view to many.

And I know it's slightly different with doctor who regenerates, which creates an easier opportunity to switch gender. But these lazy remakes and rehashes, let's do x but change it to women, like oceans 8 and Ghostbusters is just lazy and uninspiring.

If creators want to have female led stories, come up with something new and exciting. Create the new Buffy the vampire slayer (which I love), don't just rehash something but add in a woman. "

Give this some time to bed in then see...

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I like Chris chibnalls other work so I'm interested to check this out.

If creators want to have female led stories, come up with something new and exciting. Create the new Buffy the vampire slayer (which I love), don't just rehash something but add in a woman. "

If you're going to plagiarise; then do it properly! (just like JK Rowling did)

Charmed:

Cast 3 sisters as witches, with the men in the support roles.

Steal "How soon is now" from you know where.

Throw in quotes like "Where's Buffy when you need her?"

Do an episode in black and white: just like the film Pleasantville.

If you look hard enough, you'll see that they've made an art form out of it, in almost every episode. I love a good paper chase...and Phoebe!

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I was right. She aced it!

over a year ago

"I was right. She aced it!"

I agree as I fully expected... and will only get better...

over a year ago

Tennant or Smith are my favourites couldn't stand Capaldi or his companion either. He will always be Caecilius despite an attempt at explaining it away. Watched Sunday - loved it. Bonus filmed in my home town and I recognised loads of places. Great start, hope it maintains

By *igerstyle2k2Man
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

I thought the first episode with Jodie was really good, you can tell they spent a lot of money on it and it was a large departure from the past few seasons.

I had my reservations about Bradley Walsh but he had quite a minor fatherly role, I thought he was going to be the comic relief.

The usual writer Steven Moffatt has finally left the show, the episodes he was writing for the past few seasons were get worse and worse. I'm glad he's left and given someone else a chance.

So far this season is looking good!

over a year ago

Everybody seems to have forgotten Paul McGann 1996 Dr.who

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I don't care if the Doctor is Female or a Male so long as the story is good... could even be a Darlek... oooow, now there's an idea.

over a year ago

Planet Ork

"Everybody seems to have forgotten Paul McGann 1996 Dr.who"

Check out the 14th post on this thread

over a year ago

"Everybody seems to have forgotten Paul McGann 1996 Dr.who

Check out the 14th post on this thread "

Ahhhhh I couldn't be arsed reading it all

By *reykiwi500Man
over a year ago

"Everybody seems to have forgotten Paul McGann 1996 Dr.who"

Not everyone. He was one of my favourite Doctors.

over a year ago

Not sure about Jodie as the new Dr. First episode was all over the place. Came across as a bit scatty.

Give her a chance.

over a year ago

Does she get a toyboy as a sidekick, and a digital pussy?

By *urreyguy34Man
over a year ago

Weybridge

She will be making the most of that sonic screwdriver

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Moffit scripts were over the top and convoluted, that why it dropped in the ratings. I will gladly give Jodie a chance but the show will not Succeed or fall on Jodie alone.

Post new Message to Thread