Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

junk mail.

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

The analogy of junk mail is often used in response to folk asking why don't people reply .

I often see threads from folk complaining about the mail they receive on here lack of effort one line fancy a fuck txt spk.. no pictures attached wrong type of pictures attached...I'd liken this to junk mail.

In the real world it'd be very difficult to manage without a mailbox..

On here the site allows you to "board up" your mailbox with filters and gender blocks.

Why don't you use the tool ? You can or could still message those that interest you . Effort in reward out is often said.

Otherwise you're gonna have to accept you'll receive some junk mail.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good point! It’s up to everyone to use the site as they best feel fit, of course, but I do tend to agree! The filters are there, if you choose not to use them don’t be surprised when you get messages from people outside your parameters.

over a year ago

"Good point! It’s up to everyone to use the site as they best feel fit, of course, but I do tend to agree! The filters are there, if you choose not to use them don’t be surprised when you get messages from people outside your parameters."

the women who complain they’re getting too many messages, USE YA BLOODY FILTERS!!!’

and breath

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

No complaints here, I’m all good and I don’t really have many filters

over a year ago

"No complaints here, I’m all good and I don’t really have many filters "

friend of mine doesn’t have his filters switched on, he can be very offensive within the first 5 minutes of meeting him

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Actually I do have an issue with txt tlk because I can’t understand it. I don’t think there is a filter for that though.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I don't see people's messages as being junk mail,they may not have read my profile or not be the person I'm looking for but it's still not junk mail.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I don't see people's messages as being junk mail,they may not have read my profile or not be the person I'm looking for but it's still not junk mail."

Off topic, but awesome avatar.

Meanwhile, back at filters.

I don't use mine. No need, I only get messages to say I've spent a fiver or won a holiday.

over a year ago

Some people protest too much...

Its all attention seeking

over a year ago

"No complaints here, I’m all good and I don’t really have many filters "
you love us all then

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I don't see people's messages as being junk mail,they may not have read my profile or not be the person I'm looking for but it's still not junk mail.

I don't use mine. No need, I only get messages to say I've spent a fiver or won a holiday. "

I was going to stick two fingers up,but I thought that wouldn't be very nice! At least I'm in there.

over a year ago

Easier said than done with filters, can have them on but if they've mailed you before they can mail you again

Being inundated with mail especially after being in the chatrooms, there's no scroll page button, there's no RESET of filters if you choose to, to prevent those who've messaged before or winked when you reapply the filter.

You delete a message to get to others they moan why you deleted it, you say no thanks you get abuse, you say not at the moment they insist you should meet them right now or why not?

Fab needs a reset of the filters, mail box categories for friends, hotlist and other people, page scrolling when your stuck with 500 messages you can only see the 1st 100 or so means they go unanswered due to prior issues of deleting etc means friends and hotlisted mails go unseen

Its hard work. Even with message threads all bundled nicely from each individual what of the other few hundred people whose messaged?

Fab please sort a filter reset, categories, and page scrolling for the inbox

over a year ago

"Easier said than done with filters, can have them on but if they've mailed you before they can mail you again

Being inundated with mail especially after being in the chatrooms, there's no scroll page button, there's no RESET of filters if you choose to, to prevent those who've messaged before or winked when you reapply the filter.

You delete a message to get to others they moan why you deleted it, you say no thanks you get abuse, you say not at the moment they insist you should meet them right now or why not?

Fab needs a reset of the filters, mail box categories for friends, hotlist and other people, page scrolling when your stuck with 500 messages you can only see the 1st 100 or so means they go unanswered due to prior issues of deleting etc means friends and hotlisted mails go unseen

Its hard work. Even with message threads all bundled nicely from each individual what of the other few hundred people whose messaged?

Fab please sort a filter reset, categories, and page scrolling for the inbox"

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"I don't see people's messages as being junk mail,they may not have read my profile or not be the person I'm looking for but it's still not junk mail.

I don't use mine. No need, I only get messages to say I've spent a fiver or won a holiday.

I was going to stick two fingers up,but I thought that wouldn't be very nice! At least I'm in there."

I'm surprised it's not had an "accident" yet......

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Easier said than done with filters, can have them on but if they've mailed you before they can mail you again

Fab please sort a filter reset, categories, and page scrolling for the inbox

"

to filter reset button.....

over a year ago

"Some people protest too much...

Its all attention seeking "

This. Plus you can untick looking for and then receive literally no mail.

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I was going to stick two fingers up,but I thought that wouldn't be very nice! At least I'm in there.

I'm surprised it's not had an "accident" yet...... "

Well I am rather accident prone nowadays so you never know

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've set my age ranges, but I won't filter out all single men completely, as there are some I actually would like to talk to.

But somedays the sheer volume of messages is daunting, I've got my system for what gets ignored & deleted, this usually removes 90%, then just a case of reading what's left. Those messages don't bother me at all, and only takes a few minutes to mass delete.

It's the ones that look like they could be promising, state "I've read your profile.." and the prove in the rest of the message, they havn't or just chose to ignore it, that's what irritates me.

But to quote Meatloaf "looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks"

I've found the odd shiny stone, so I can't complain.

Post new Message to Thread