Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ghosts and Hauntings

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As we head towards Halloween...

Does anyone have a spooky story to share?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The type to put the willies up you, you mean?

over a year ago

when I was 10-ish, my friend and I went through what is called the halloween pen (a small tunnel under the canal),it had a slight bend, so we could never see the other side and looked utterly dark. My friend and I seen a rag hanging from the opening...which then fanned out like a small girls victorian dress.. we looked eachother saying "did you see that!?" and we ran... it's still all real in my mind..

though to be honest..I doubt it actually happened and we probably just shat ourselves and 'agreed'.

I've passed through this tiny tunnel loads over the years lol

though I should ask him if he remembers it lol...

over a year ago

"The type to put the willies up you, you mean? "

The very ones...

over a year ago

"when I was 10-ish, my friend and I went through what is called the halloween pen (a small tunnel under the canal),it had a slight bend, so we could never see the other side and looked utterly dark. My friend and I seen a rag hanging from the opening...which then fanned out like a small girls victorian dress.. we looked eachother saying "did you see that!?" and we ran... it's still all real in my mind..

though to be honest..I doubt it actually happened and we probably just shat ourselves and 'agreed'.

though I should ask him if he remembers it lol..."

Great memory Paddy...

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

She keeps on haunting me

over a year ago

"She keeps on haunting me"

In a good or bad way...

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"when I was 10-ish, my friend and I went through what is called the halloween pen (a small tunnel under the canal),it had a slight bend, so we could never see the other side and looked utterly dark. My friend and I seen a rag hanging from the opening...which then fanned out like a small girls victorian dress.. we looked eachother saying "did you see that!?" and we ran... it's still all real in my mind..

though I should ask him if he remembers it lol..."

Don't keep us in suspenders ...

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I have seen several ghosts.

The grey lady at boat house in Lord Derby's estate.

The passenger who didn't want to get off a Brittania 757, as it was being towed around Gatwick airport.

The old landlord in the Barley Mow pub in Golden Square Warrington.

There are a few others as well.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"As we head towards Halloween...

Does anyone have a spooky story to share?

"

No. But I've been ghosted a few times.

over a year ago

When my grandad put his house he shared with my granny up for sale, a ghost dragged him out his bed and down the stairs.

Me and my mum went to the bathroom, which was right beside the living room. We got trapped in it, the door wouldn’t open and neither would the windows and the tap wouldn’t turn off. We were screaming for ages, and eventually my dad just slowly opened the door and asked ‘everything okay?’. He couldn’t hear us shouting, even though he was sat in silence waiting for us to come out. As soon as he opened that door the taps stopped running and he opened the door so easily. He only checked on us because we were taking so long. We were in tears and we had been screaming for about 20 minutes or so.

over a year ago

I have more than a few stories but I'll go with the two most recent ones.

The building I work in was originally five houses that have been there since the mid 1800s at least, and it was made into one big hotel in the 1940s, so obviously property of that age has a lot of history. There's rumours of several ghosts, but a chef died in an accident in the old kitchen in the now unused basement in the late 1990s, that's a known fact as someone I work with now worked there at the time and knew him. The kitchen we currently use is right above that kitchen. Anyway, when I cook breakfast at work, I'm in the kitchen at half past six in the morning, on my own in that area of the building. I often hear foot steps in the corridor and the light senses switch themselves on in the corridor but no one's there. I've also felt a sense of being watched in there, seen things things out of the corner of my eye quite often, and two colleagues who are also open to the paranormal confirmed when I've witnessed.

I went on a ghost investigation on Friday night, in a market hall and vaults. The building itself has been there since 1835, and was previously also used as a slaughter house. All 18 of us heard a noise like pigs squealing, people saw some unexplained moving shadows, while communicating with a possible spirit (that two of the group knew in person) the EMF detectors lit up when we used his name. Some unexplained thumping and whistling was heard and everyone experienced completely unexplained smells of old fashioned tobacco and really musty old drains kind of smells. I also caught what could have been orbs on film.

Post new Message to Thread