Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Some advice please

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone was wondering if any1 can help out I've been on this site for a while now I send messages but I have never got one back or meet up with anyone so was wondering if am going something wrong lol

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Before I respond to any message on fab, I will read the senders profile beforehand.

Do you feel that your profile appeals to women, men, and/or couples (if that’s who you’re wanting to meet)?

Do you feel that you are standing out amongst all the other men on fab?

Before messaging are you ensuring that you are reading their profile thoroughly and you meet what they are looking for?

If yes to all of these, then if no one is replying or conversation is bare, then they aren’t interested OP.

What sort of messages are you sending?

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Many women and couples read a profile before deciding whether to answer a message. Maybe start there.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

You don’t need advice luv

Just message people and be polite but don’t always expect an answer

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"You don’t need advice luv

Just message people and be polite but don’t always expect an answer"

If you called me "luv", I would give you one of my special one fingered Chinese burns

over a year ago

I've put things like hi how are you, do fancy a drink some time, fancy meeting up and getting to know each other thing like that

over a year ago

"I've put things like hi how are you, do fancy a drink some time, fancy meeting up and getting to know each other thing like that "

I see. Personally I wouldn’t respond to a message asking me for a meet straight up.

I like men to send me a message after reading my profile, telling me a bit about themselves and attaching a face picture.

But other women will like different things.

over a year ago

"I've put things like hi how are you, do fancy a drink some time, fancy meeting up and getting to know each other thing like that "

I wouldn't respond to that. How would I know if I wanted to meet you if we've never spoken?

over a year ago

Only put to meet up bcoz i fill you get to know a person much better face to face and if you don't like part was but with no hard fillings lol but if u both like then see where it gos lol

over a year ago

"Only put to meet up bcoz i fill you get to know a person much better face to face and if you don't like part was but with no hard fillings lol but if u both like then see where it gos lol "

I wouldn’t like to meet up with a complete stranger

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Hi everyone was wondering if any1 can help out I've been on this site for a while now I send messages but I have never got one back or meet up with anyone so was wondering if am going something wrong lol "

Use the force

over a year ago

That's fair enough did not think of that am not good at this lol hart is in right place but come across wrong lol

over a year ago

What do you think is the better way to get to now someone on here then lol coz I an it no gd at it lol

over a year ago

Read their profile. Introduce yourself, tell them why you messaged, what parts you liked and how you fit into what they're looking for.

over a year ago

Cool thank you appreciated and also lol could someone look at my profile to bcoz I think I ain't done it right lol

over a year ago

Now, to the uninitiated, you think that might work

In the real world it might, but this is Fabland, a world filled with dismissive Queen Bees

Unfortunately, these Queen Bees don't just want regular nectar, they want the best.

Not only do they want the best, but they want it when it suits them and presented to them in a manner that suits them.

If this doesn't happen, they can be cruel and dismissive, some would say cold

They would say it's their choice and it's within the rules of the hive

Fortunately for them, the army of worker bees is ever growing, ever changing and endlessly aiming to please

Some even keep a few workers nearby to act as Gate Guardians, Defenders of the Realm

They are ex-workers that have made it in the hive

So, to a degree, the Queens are always kept well fed and can afford to keep the hive in order as they wish

Yes, occasionally, they will need to make a new worker aware of his shortcomings and occasionally a worker will overstep the mark and need his little buzzy wings clipping, but overall, the life of a Queen Bee in Fabland is considerably more blessed than that of those that serve them.

So, although you feel you can bring nectar into the hive, is it better nectar than they are already getting ?

Do you buzz differently to the other worker bees ?

Does your nectar look nicer ?

Does it taste better ?

Are you able to bring it ?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you even think of hitting that send button, let alone dreaming of a response to it

over a year ago

"I've put things like hi how are you, do fancy a drink some time, fancy meeting up and getting to know each other thing like that

In the real world it might, but this is Fabland, a world filled with dismissive Queen Bees

Unfortunately, these Queen Bees don't just want regular nectar, they want the best.

Not only do they want the best, but they want it when it suits them and presented to them in a manner that suits them.

Fortunately for them, the army of worker bees is ever growing, ever changing and endlessly aiming to please

Some even keep a few workers nearby to act as Gate Guardians, Defenders of the Realm

So, to a degree, the Queens are always kept well fed and can afford to keep the hive in order as they wish

Yes, occasionally, they will need to make a new worker aware of his shortcomings and occasionally a worker will overstep the mark and need his little buzzy wings clipping, but overall, the life of a Queen Bee in Fabland is considerably more blessed than that of those that serve them.

So, although you feel you can bring nectar into the hive, is it better nectar than they are already getting ?

Does it taste better ?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you even think of hitting that send button, let alone dreaming of a response to it "

I would hate to think I made others feel like that!

Yes it’s a women’s world here, but we’re all (male or female) entitled to choose, but treat people with respect while choosing

over a year ago

"I've put things like hi how are you, do fancy a drink some time, fancy meeting up and getting to know each other thing like that

Does it taste better ?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you even think of hitting that send button, let alone dreaming of a response to it "

Perfect analogy.

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

I call everyone luv but not interested in the one finger Chinese burn

over a year ago

"Only put to meet up bcoz i fill you get to know a person much better face to face and if you don't like part was but with no hard fillings lol but if u both like then see where it gos lol "

You've used 'bcoz' twice now. Would advise you don't communicate like a teenage girl as a 29 y/o man...

over a year ago

Your chat and messages must be just plain crap!

Perhaps attending large socials will give you a better chance to show your personality.

Mistress Amelia

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Does it taste better ?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself before you even think of hitting that send button, let alone dreaming of a response to it

Perfect analogy. "

Awesome way of looking at it

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

might take that for the profile lol

over a year ago

Drop the text speak for a start.

Have a look at your profile text with a critical eye and see how it might come across. If you’re happy with it, marvellous, it must be spot on.

As for messages, keep trying. Be friendly. Don’t lol all over the place. Again, drop the text speak - it just appears lazy.

over a year ago

Advice here is a mute thing, people are looking for so many different things and are put off for many different reasons, your pics are honest maybe lose the doorman pic but some women may like that, always talk to people as you would if you were talking face to face and put some more detail in your profile that's your advert, good luck though

By *r and mrs 1992Couple
over a year ago

Oldham

"

You've used 'bcoz' twice now. Would advise you don't communicate like a teenage girl as a 29 y/o man...

"

Agree with this. We don't respond to messages written in text talk, poor English etc. With most phones having spell checker now just shows laziness to us.

over a year ago

"Hi everyone was wondering if any1 can help out I've been on this site for a while now I send messages but I have never got one back or meet up with anyone so was wondering if am going something wrong lol "

Join the club....its hard work

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

Does it taste better ?

If you treat the ladies with respect and as an equal rather than serve them (unless that's your thing)the know your worth. there may be many more guys than ladies ... it's still a level playing field only person that allows it to be tilted is you..

everybody on here has the same choices yes please no thanks

Post new Message to Thread