Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Sleep talking

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you sleep talk?

My husband does it really often. Last night he asked me where all the hedgehogs had gone....and sighed loudly when I told him I didn’t know.

He then asked me what the ‘proper’ names were for pillows. And then went in a huff and shouted that I’m stupid, because no - they aren’t called pillows. They also aren’t called cushions, duvets, headrests, comfy (I was just trying to guess by now).

About a year ago he sat bolt up right demanding to know why the dogs were speaking German and dancing on the bed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have no idea. I’ve not had anyone sleep beside me for such a long time

over a year ago

"I have no idea. I’ve not had anyone sleep beside me for such a long time "

Oh

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

That's really funny! You must be wide awake to answer him and remember what he says. If anyone talks in their sleep in this house it's generally a lot of mumbo jumbo!

over a year ago

My younger brother is autistic and used to sleep walk and sleep talk. I used to hate waking up in the middle of the night to find him standing at the foot of my bed, staring at me. And he’d just come out with some random nonsense, and wonder back to bed.

We had to block off the top of the stairs because he would try and walk down them and always fall

over a year ago

I do, but it's usually telling the cat it's really not breakfast time yet!

over a year ago

"That's really funny! You must be wide awake to answer him and remember what he says. If anyone talks in their sleep in this house it's generally a lot of mumbo jumbo!"

I have insomnia (and have done for almost two years) and at least every third night he’ll start a conversation with me while he’s sleeping

He can’t remember any of it

over a year ago

"My younger brother is autistic and used to sleep walk and sleep talk. I used to hate waking up in the middle of the night to find him standing at the foot of my bed, staring at me. And he’d just come out with some random nonsense, and wonder back to bed.

We had to block off the top of the stairs because he would try and walk down them and always fall "

Had to bolt my son's bedroom door shut, when he was 2, when sleep walking he could open the stair gate, couldn't when he was awake.

over a year ago

"My younger brother is autistic and used to sleep walk and sleep talk. I used to hate waking up in the middle of the night to find him standing at the foot of my bed, staring at me. And he’d just come out with some random nonsense, and wonder back to bed.

We had to block off the top of the stairs because he would try and walk down them and always fall

Had to bolt my son's bedroom door shut, when he was 2, when sleep walking he could open the stair gate, couldn't when he was awake."

Oh Jesus that’s scary!

My dad (for some reason we still haven’t figured out, we reckon he put it on the wrong side..) put a lock on the outside of my mum and dad’s bedroom door. So my brother, while sleep walking, would lock them in

over a year ago

"Oh Jesus that’s scary!

My dad (for some reason we still haven’t figured out, we reckon he put it on the wrong side..) put a lock on the outside of my mum and dad’s bedroom door. So my brother, while sleep walking, would lock them in "

The lock your dad fitted was to keep you outside the room when Xmas pressies were hidden in there

over a year ago

"Oh Jesus that’s scary!

My dad (for some reason we still haven’t figured out, we reckon he put it on the wrong side..) put a lock on the outside of my mum and dad’s bedroom door. So my brother, while sleep walking, would lock them in

The lock your dad fitted was to keep you outside the room when Xmas pressies were hidden in there "

Nah - they hid them at our grandparents house then did a man wrapping spree when we were in bed on Christmas Eve. We could all reach the lock. We think he just put the lock on the wrong side of the door, and he’s too proud to admit it

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Yes I do. It's entirely possible to have a conversation with me in my sleep (as my sister did many times growing up). I'll even take my earrings out and put the backs on them again in my sleep.

My fwb also talks in his sleep, so to avoid ever letting my name slip at home, he has simply never used it. In over 2.5 years, I've never heard him say my name... Which is a little bit sad.

over a year ago

"Do you sleep talk?

My husband does it really often. Last night he asked me where all the hedgehogs had gone....and sighed loudly when I told him I didn’t know.

He then asked me what the ‘proper’ names were for pillows. And then went in a huff and shouted that I’m stupid, because no - they aren’t called pillows. They also aren’t called cushions, duvets, headrests, comfy (I was just trying to guess by now).

About a year ago he sat bolt up right demanding to know why the dogs were speaking German and dancing on the bed. "

I had an ex like that. I used to be interrogated st night fairly regularly. It was all boring job related stuff though.

One of my children has inherited that trait, although last night she was laughing in her sleep, which was truly lovely.

over a year ago

"Yes I do. It's entirely possible to have a conversation with me in my sleep (as my sister did many times growing up). I'll even take my earrings out and put the backs on them again in my sleep.

My fwb also talks in his sleep, so to avoid ever letting my name slip at home, he has simply never used it. In over 2.5 years, I've never heard him say my name... Which is a little bit sad."

Oh that is a bit sad

When I lived at home, I shared a room with my two younger sisters. They used to argue in their sleep

over a year ago

"Do you sleep talk?

About a year ago he sat bolt up right demanding to know why the dogs were speaking German and dancing on the bed.

I had an ex like that. I used to be interrogated st night fairly regularly. It was all boring job related stuff though.

One of my children has inherited that trait, although last night she was laughing in her sleep, which was truly lovely."

Aw that is lovely! Being interrogated isn’t

over a year ago

me neither lol x

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Sometimes it can be funny... My small person does it

Him "Where we going?"

Me. "You tell me"

Him "Oh ok, we are off to legoland"

Me. "Wow, have a safe trip"

Him "But..but.. The car is full, where is nan going to sit"

After a sigh

Him "its ok, nan will sit on the roof rack, where is the bungee cord?"

over a year ago

"I have no idea. I’ve not had anyone sleep beside me for such a long time

Oh "

I could probably be reciting War and Peace in my sleep. I guess I’d never know

By *hispers-40Woman
over a year ago

up the garden path

I had some traumatic times last year I would often wake screaming and shouting and sobbing luckily it doesn’t happen every night now but I do still wake crying or shouting now and again

over a year ago

"Sometimes it can be funny... My small person does it

Him "Where we going?"

Me. "You tell me"

After a sigh

Him "its ok, nan will sit on the roof rack, where is the bungee cord?" "

That’s adorable!

over a year ago

"I had some traumatic times last year I would often wake screaming and shouting and sobbing luckily it doesn’t happen every night now but I do still wake crying or shouting now and again "

Oh no that’s awful big hugs xxxx

By *hispers-40Woman
over a year ago

up the garden path

"I had some traumatic times last year I would often wake screaming and shouting and sobbing luckily it doesn’t happen every night now but I do still wake crying or shouting now and again

Oh no that’s awful big hugs xxxx"

thank you I’m doing ok x

over a year ago

"Do you sleep talk?

About a year ago he sat bolt up right demanding to know why the dogs were speaking German and dancing on the bed. "

Sounds bad as my gf

We had conversations about a blue and green turtle other day and then last night she was worried about neighbors heating and if she turned off lol

She says am as bad mumble and talk loads and she’s even heard me talking lyrics for song I later write haha

over a year ago

"I had some traumatic times last year I would often wake screaming and shouting and sobbing luckily it doesn’t happen every night now but I do still wake crying or shouting now and again "

Big hugs and sorry to hear that glad you say it’s improving

over a year ago

About a week ago my son woke me up in the middle of the night because apparently I had woken him up by coughing and gasping for breath and he thought i was dying! ( he is 14 and autistic )

I installed an app on my phone that records everything whilst I'm asleep and it happens a lot so i will have to make a drs appt as it looks like i have sleep apnea

over a year ago

I dunno what do as I'm always asleep

By *awty nannaWoman
over a year ago

sheffield

Not sure if my FWB talks in his sleep, but like yours mine has never used my given name in case it slips at home, and we`ve been "Friends" nearly 10 years !

over a year ago

"About a week ago my son woke me up in the middle of the night because apparently I had woken him up by coughing and gasping for breath and he thought i was dying! ( he is 14 and autistic )

I installed an app on my phone that records everything whilst I'm asleep and it happens a lot so i will have to make a drs appt as it looks like i have sleep apnea "

Oh Jesus Christ!

Bless him for waking you up. And thankfully it was spotted!

By *r and mrs 1992Couple
over a year ago

Oldham

The Mr sleep can have full conversations in his sleep, he also suffers with sexomnia. Our son also sleep talks and our daughter sleep walks. Nighttimes are never peaceful in our house for me.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Not sure if my FWB talks in his sleep, but like yours mine has never used my given name in case it slips at home, and we`ve been "Friends" nearly 10 years ! "

It's bizarre isn't it? He has lots of ways of addressing me, jokey little names that are innocuous and could just as easily be addressing one of his kids 'Let's go Batman.. Alright Ted.. Hey Yogi.. S'up Scooby...' If it wasn't for the fact that my name is the female version of his, I'd wonder if he even remembers what my name is!

Sorry OP... went off on a bit of a tangent there... I once told an ex I was dumping him for Grant Mitchell in my sleep apparently

over a year ago

Its all very well OP, but I find I really need to know...

Why are the dogs speaking German?

over a year ago

"About a week ago my son woke me up in the middle of the night because apparently I had woken him up by coughing and gasping for breath and he thought i was dying! ( he is 14 and autistic )

I installed an app on my phone that records everything whilst I'm asleep and it happens a lot so i will have to make a drs appt as it looks like i have sleep apnea "

I knew someone who had that. It was truly awful to experience. He thought I was grumpy that he snores loudly, I was genuinely stressed by watching him virtually suffocate every 45 seconds until he woke himself up, then he’d drop off again, suffocate and repeat. He hated me nudging him awake. In the end I couldn’t spend the night with him. I don’t think he realised how severe and distressing it was.

over a year ago

No i used to sleep wank tho

over a year ago

"Its all very well OP, but I find I really need to know...

Why are the dogs speaking German?"

They are German Shepherd Dogs obviously!

over a year ago

"No i used to sleep wank tho"

Don’t most men do that?

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Many years ago I had an in-depth 2hr conversation with my sister about frying pans. She still denies it to this day (30 years on), even though I recorded it.

The only time I'm aware of "talking" in my sleep was when I was married. I woke my husband up at 4.30 by switching the main light on and shouting at him to hurry up or we would miss the bus (I even got dressed). When he asked what I was going on about I said "doesn't matter, we've missed it now", got undressed, switched the light off and got back into bed...

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

*waves*

Sleep walker and sleep talker here

I appear to be doing less of it as I'm getting older, but I remember all of them and some of them were

over a year ago

"Its all very well OP, but I find I really need to know...

Why are the dogs speaking German?

They are German Shepherd Dogs obviously!"

I have a pug and three chihuahua x pugs

over a year ago

"No i used to sleep wank tho

Don’t most men do that? "

No idea iv never asked them

By *unloversCouple
over a year ago

rotherham

Th8s thread made me chuckle especially with the dogs talking german

over a year ago

"Th8s thread made me chuckle especially with the dogs talking german"

over a year ago

I was suspected of that. You need need to get an appointment with your doctor pronto. It’ll probably take a while to get an appointment at the sleep clinic where they’ll assess you and you want to get that ball rolling soon.

over a year ago

This for me too

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Sometimes it can be funny... My small person does it

Him "Where we going?"

Me. "You tell me"

After a sigh

Him "its ok, nan will sit on the roof rack, where is the bungee cord?"

That’s adorable!"

Now each time i see his nan, all i can see is her garden chair, strapped to the roof of his mums purple nissan micra doing 70 lmao

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Apparently I snoore a lot, I was seen sleep walking once when I was a kid.

By *LFB.Woman
over a year ago

Farnborough.

I used to tell my daughter off for leaving mini roll wrappers on my bed, and she said mum, thats you when you sleep walk. She also said that i talk to her when im doing it lol, i never remember

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

If I've got stuff on my mind I have been known to shout things out as I'm at the point where I'm falling to sleep or waking up, that middle place where you're neither here nor there.

over a year ago

"If I've got stuff on my mind I have been known to shout things out as I'm at the point where I'm falling to sleep or waking up, that middle place where you're neither here nor there.

"

Ah yes, I do that too!

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan
over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

Yeah, I have to say being single this is definitely something I miss waking up to daily myself

By *eejay2015Woman
over a year ago

somewhere in Buckinghamshire

Apparently, as kids, it was the only time me and my brother spoke nicely to each other. Parents used to stand on the landing between our bedrooms listening to us.

Post new Message to Thread