Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Legal disclaimers on profiles ?

Jump to newest

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

Just curious to how many of the people that post these could actually afford the legal costs to follow it up ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *untime5Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

It’s in the FAQ’s but no one seems to pay attention...

Q: We've noticed a legal disclaimer paragraph that some people have on their profiles. Should we have one too? What are they about? Do they do any good?

A: The "legal disclaimer" is pointless nonsense and all does is take up extra space on our servers.

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

That doesn’t really answer the question I asked ,does it ?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"That doesn’t really answer the question I asked ,does it ?"

No win no fee kinda solicitors needed

over a year ago

No but at least its a response

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Happens a lot round here

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

The disclaimers are worthless corcks of shite...

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

"That doesn’t really answer the question I asked ,does it ?

No win no fee kinda solicitors needed "

Haha

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

No but at least its a response "

A rare entity in itself

By *oserMan
over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

I have 23.35 in a kitty just in case

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

Happens a lot round here "

It certainly does

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

"The disclaimers are worthless corcks of shite... "

Agreed , and I would guess a high percentage of the ones posted wouldn’t be followed through due to financial reasons

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

"I have 23.35 in a kitty just in case "

Jobs sorted ! Let me know how you get on in the High court

over a year ago

"The disclaimers are worthless corcks of shite...

Agreed , and I would guess a high percentage of the ones posted wouldn’t be followed through due to financial reasons"

Wrong, as is your statement that the FAQ doesn't answer the question. It does, and there would be no cases not followed through for financial reasons, and for the same reason.

The disclaimers are legally worthless, therefore there can ve no case arising from them, therefore there can be no legal costs thst would prevent someone following through on the case.

By *utsidenakedMan
over a year ago

Dorchester

The disclaimer soul not stand up in court if the other guys had more money than you, simple, but cant see what the fuss is, Sydney university take my pics make me famous, whoop winning

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I’m a UK based ‘sleeping’ insurgent researcher for Sydney University. We are on a tight budget and couldn’t afford a legal fight either.

over a year ago

"Just curious to how many of the people that post these could actually afford the legal costs to follow it up ?"

How many do you think? At a guess very few and how many have read the site rules even less I would say and people have agreed to all sorts by joining which makes the disclaimers pretty pointless.

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

Agreed , and I would guess a high percentage of the ones posted wouldn’t be followed through due to financial reasons

Wrong, as is your statement that the FAQ doesn't answer the question. It does, and there would be no cases not followed through for financial reasons, and for the same reason.

The disclaimers are legally worthless, therefore there can ve no case arising from them, therefore there can be no legal costs thst would prevent someone following through on the case."

Well I’m sure the people posting them don’t share the same view as you or FAQ’s , so surely on their first consultation with a solicitor , there would be a cost

over a year ago

Dark tahini is just like light tahini except that the sesame seeds aren’t hulled. Think of it as a sort of wholemeal version.

Hope this answers your question OP.

Kind regards

T. Impala X

over a year ago

The disclaimers are legally worthless, therefore there can ve no case arising from them, therefore there can be no legal costs thst would prevent someone following through on the case.

Well I’m sure the people posting them don’t share the same view as you or FAQ’s , so surely on their first consultation with a solicitor , there would be a cost "

They are worthless though there is one line in terms and conditions which essentially blows the disclaimer out of the water.

"Do not send or publish any Content if you are concerned that it may be misused."

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

[Removed by poster at 06/10/18 11:29:15]

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

Well I’m sure the people posting them don’t share the same view as you or FAQ’s , so surely on their first consultation with a solicitor , there would be a cost

They are worthless though there is one line in terms and conditions which essentially blows the disclaimer out of the water.

"Do not send or publish any Content if you are concerned that it may be misused."

"

I don’t dispute the fact they are worthless

By *horltz OP   Man
over a year ago

heysham

Dark tahini is just like light tahini except that the sesame seeds aren’t hulled. Think of it as a sort of wholemeal version.

Hope this answers your question OP.

Kind regards

T. Impala X "

Phew ...... finally someone understands the question

over a year ago

I have it at the bottom of mine, because i wanted to look like one of the cool kids. In hindsight tho, if anyone can do better than me with my pics and profile, good luck to them. The que for middle aged balding dad bods has deminished somewhat lol

By *untime5Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Well in that case I imagine everyone could afford to. Go to a free legal clinic, get told you have no hope of winning your case and go home again.

Post new Message to Thread