Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Unwanted Gifts

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This morning I received a cheap pen, a bin bag and what looked like a christmas card and a letter from this girl in Africa.

Well I didn't read the letter but I have never received such crap christmas presents. If she thinks i'm sending her anything back and being her pen pal then she can ruddy well think again the tight arse.

Has anyone else received unwanted gifts such as these.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Probably cost her a months wages.

over a year ago

I thought this was the "lets swap what auntie Mabel gave me for christmas thread"

over a year ago

"I thought this was the "lets swap what auntie Mabel gave me for christmas thread" "

Now that would probably be better as I suspect everyones got a cupboard somewhere in there house which is packed full of un opened gifts from senile old aunties who have knitted you a thomas the tank engine jumper even though you're 40 lol.

over a year ago

how did someone in africa get your adddress?

over a year ago

"This morning I received a cheap pen, a bin bag and what looked like a christmas card and a letter from this girl in Africa.

Well I didn't read the letter but I have never received such crap christmas presents. If she thinks i'm sending her anything back and being her pen pal then she can ruddy well think again the tight arse.

Has anyone else received unwanted gifts such as these."

Something similar happened to me recently.

I had been sponsoring some person for education in a 3rd world country, a tenner a month and they promised they would send me a thank you package and notifications on their progress.

Last month I received a thank you letter with a photograph atached to the bottom of a letter. I had been expecting more than a letter and a photograph so I rang the main office to see why I hadn't received a report on the progress of the person I sponsored but had instead got a kind thank you letter and a photograph of what appeared to be the African villagers stood in a line.

I strongly voiced that in no way was this photograph acceptable as a way of knowing which of the people lined up was the one I sponsor and how their education was progressing.

The person on the other end of the phone listened to my plight then informed me that it wasn't a photograph of African villagers but a barcode at the foot of the letter for information purposes in their offices.

We all make mistakes

over a year ago

For £2 a month you get letters, birthday and Christmas cards from the dog you sponsored.

Why does he need my sponsorship, a dog that can write and he doesn't go into showbusiness.

over a year ago

"For £2 a month you get letters, birthday and Christmas cards from the dog you sponsored.

Why does he need my sponsorship, a dog that can write and he doesn't go into showbusiness."

coffee on keyboard

over a year ago

"For £2 a month you get letters, birthday and Christmas cards from the dog you sponsored.

Why does he need my sponsorship, a dog that can write and he doesn't go into showbusiness."

excellent

over a year ago

As times such as this money can be tight. We have decided to cut back in certain areas.

One area is we have decided to not buy the Big Issue anymore. The main reason for this is the vendors make no effort to be well dressed and often look like vagrants, come on big issue, sort yourself out.

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

just got a thank you xmas card from marie curie thanking me for the monthly check,then cheek of it asking me to donate a further 20 quid seeing as its xmas

over a year ago

"As times such as this money can be tight. We have decided to cut back in certain areas.

One area is we have decided to not buy the Big Issue anymore. The main reason for this is the vendors make no effort to be well dressed and often look like vagrants, come on big issue, sort yourself out."

We all have issues, some large, some small.

Do we all stand outside major stores and shopping outlets shouting big issue? No!

The last of these people to accost me and ask me if I had a big issue I told them I did and proceded to tell them of my issue with why we have to pay too much tax on fuel in this country and how there should be more done about the state of the roads. I also pointed out that corporal punishment should be brought back and so should national service.

All they did was stare at me like I was talking to them in a foriegn language!

over a year ago

In all seriousness I stopped buying the big issue when they guy asked me if he could keep the issue as it was his last one and he still needed to get money to get into his hostel. cheeky fucker. Happened a few times now.....

over a year ago

"As times such as this money can be tight. We have decided to cut back in certain areas.

One area is we have decided to not buy the Big Issue anymore. The main reason for this is the vendors make no effort to be well dressed and often look like vagrants, come on big issue, sort yourself out."

What a funny joke as people out on the street freeze their tits off.

over a year ago

One area is we have decided to not buy the Big Issue anymore. The main reason for this is the vendors make no effort to be well dressed and often look like vagrants, come on big issue, sort yourself out.

What a funny joke as people out on the street freeze their tits off. "

The ones I've seen have been full of xmas cheer....and Mcdonalds and special brew, even I can't afford those two luxeries

Post new Message to Thread