Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Venom Movie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What are everyone's thoughts on the film?

I personally think Sony fucked it up with this film. As much as it is rated 15, this movie feels more like 12A with it being PG-13 I'm the states.

This movie had the potential to be up there with other good Anti-hero movies like Blade, Deadpool and The Punisher but Sony chose money over quality by cutting this movie down to a PG-13.

I found out that 40 mins of footage was cut from the film and probably will be placed as deleted scenes for when it is released on dvd and bluray.

If this movie was given the full potential it deserved, it would have been much better than what we got.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

Usual marvel fan boy complaints as per

over a year ago

"Usual marvel fan boy complaints as per "

I don't watch Marvel movies much but I do like it when a movie is done right like with Deadpool for example.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Heard the same from a friend who saw it last night.

I'll judge it when it comes out on DVD.

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

its going to tie into the MCU down the line... So the violence and humour are well placed with that in mind... It makes more sense to tie into spiderman than deadpool.

Its also worth looking at the storylines they are following, one which gives venom more room for growth rather than stuck purely in the Spider-Man world which could work as a stand alone.

Deadpool simply wouldnt of worked had it been toned down but on the back of DP we managed to get a brief glimps at wolverine getting close to his comicbook version...whilst yes DP and venom do team up briefly, him and wolverine have more in common.

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

"Usual marvel fan boy complaints as per

I don't watch Marvel movies much but I do like it when a movie is done right like with Deadpool for example."

Yah ok buddy

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I liked the Sarah miles version

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

"I liked the Sarah miles version"

Nah bud this was a comic/cartoon

over a year ago

I think the effects look pretty fucking awful..I havent been impressed by many of the new movies special effects...

in some cases the effects arent that far off from some video games at times..

and to be honest when they say it's a big budget movie..that doesnt mean its going to have the best special effects...alot is really about actors pay,merchandising,copyrights..

marvel,dc,startrek,sony,disney,warnerbrothers,paramount.. you really have to read up on all the geek stuff to learn how bad the ins and outs are on everything...and weirdly enough...a lot of the funds come from chinese investors

over a year ago

i think same with the star wars series you can have to many of the same thing out too quickly and people see it as the same.

enjoyed the first iron man film and left it at that. i like tom cruise and some cant stand him. each to there own

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

"I think the effects look pretty fucking awful..I havent been impressed by many of the new movies special effects...

and to be honest when they say it's a big budget movie..that doesnt mean its going to have the best special effects...alot is really about actors pay,merchandising,copyrights..

marvel,dc,startrek,sony,disney,warnerbrothers,paramount.. you really have to read up on all the geek stuff to learn how bad the ins and outs are on everything...and weirdly enough...a lot of the funds come from chinese investors "

Sigh

Thinking that gaming is sub par to movies when they nearly make as much or more than blockbusters these days ...

By *essica jamiesonWoman
over a year ago

edinburgh

Absolute pants! Thankfully i got in free or id be at Tom hardys door denanding a refund!! Hes beyond bad!

over a year ago

Omg did not know it was out?!

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The same happened with suicide squad movie got watered down for a younger audience to get more $$$

over a year ago

"The same happened with suicide squad movie got watered down for a younger audience to get more $$$ "

Sony seems to have a knack for making potentially good movies suck while making some really shit movies.

Did you know that there was gonna be a animated Popeye movie? Well thanks to Sony, we'll never see that movie as they chose to make The Emoji Movie instead.

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

Can I say, I enjoyed the film

over a year ago

Pile of really bad,people talk about kids films I actually enjoyed ready player one

over a year ago

"Pile of really bad,people talk about kids films I actually enjoyed ready player one "

Ready Player One is definitely a good movie

By *elloIntrigueMan
over a year ago

North West UK

"Pile of really bad,people talk about kids films I actually enjoyed ready player one "

I enjoyed that too

over a year ago

"I think the effects look pretty fucking awful..I havent been impressed by many of the new movies special effects...

marvel,dc,startrek,sony,disney,warnerbrothers,paramount.. you really have to read up on all the geek stuff to learn how bad the ins and outs are on everything...and weirdly enough...a lot of the funds come from chinese investors

Sigh

Thinking that gaming is sub par to movies when they nearly make as much or more than blockbusters these days ... "

I think you misread me..I've known gaming has been eclipsing movies/music for a good while. What I am talking about is films like district 9, can look better than the cgi used in films like avengers infinity war...I mean seriously Thanos looked less convincing than the WoW movies characters.

I said the same thing about the effects of WWZ..the same effects were used a few years before in Iam Legend.

over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD6XDJmmXpE

over a year ago

watched this last night...my god its exceptional SHITE.

was tom hardy faking a sort of speech impediment too?

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

We are venom x

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Tom hardy said his favourite parts of the film were the 40 minutes that were cut, pretty much sums up how the film is. It shouldn't have been such a low rating, Disney trying to be too family friendly again. Surely successes like Deadpool and Logan should show them that adult rates films can do just as well as family friendly ones.

You can't make a good film about an anti-hero if you're trying to make it family friendly

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Also, what the hell voice was Tom hardy going for. He sounds like a child with a speech impediment

over a year ago

"Also, what the hell voice was Tom hardy going for. He sounds like a child with a speech impediment"

I just said that...it was really bad, at parts he was missing out 'r's and replacing with 'w's........he even had a constant shrug going on...

if thats character acting, he deserves a raspberry award for that.

and while I will say the viewing I had wasnt great(sneaky eh)..I could still tell how fucking bad those effects were.

over a year ago

"Tom hardy said his favourite parts of the film were the 40 minutes that were cut, pretty much sums up how the film is. It shouldn't have been such a low rating, Disney trying to be too family friendly again. Surely successes like Deadpool and Logan should show them that adult rates films can do just as well as family friendly ones.

You can't make a good film about an anti-hero if you're trying to make it family friendly "

I agree. Like I said before,the movie feels like a 12A movie but was given a 15 rating even though there is nothing in the movie to warrant a 15.

If Sony makes the sequel a PG-13 despite Carnage being in it, the fans will be really pissed off.

Post new Message to Thread