Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Practical tantric retreat

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone know a ‘hands on’ trantric retreat for couples - as opposed to a purely theoretical one? Thx xSx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman
over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

Following with interest

over a year ago

Thanks - or we could start a group x

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

Could we get a explanation as to what this is

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not sure how hands on it is but there are plenty of sexuality events for the conscious generation near me at osho. I haven't been because unfortunately, in their wisdom, they divide gatherings between normal groups for 20-30s and "silver" groups for "old people" who are 40 and over I tried to explain that this wasn't very spiritual to them... but they just thought I was a horny old man

...which I am

over a year ago

A chance to enjoy, explore and be taught tantric massage and sex techniques in a real world and practical way - not just talking - with a like minded group of people x

over a year ago

"Could we get a explanation as to what this is "

Tantra is basically a western invention that tries to reframe foreplay and masturbation as spiritual... which it is. It focuses on letting your inner sexual energy out, accepting the flirtatious you, and employing more sexual energy in your every day life. It's often theoretical, teaching groups of couples about the ideas and techniques. But the op is asking if groups ever meet that effectively turn into orgies. I think the answer is yes. And if not they should.

I've never taken a tantric workshop though so all the above is only cleaned from what I've picked up online

over a year ago

Hence the desire to explore first (or four) hand x

By *he SurveyorMan
over a year ago

Bury

We will be watching thus thread with interest.

Good post.

over a year ago

"Could we get a explanation as to what this is

Tantra is basically a western invention that tries to reframe foreplay and masturbation as spiritual... which it is. It focuses on letting your inner sexual energy out, accepting the flirtatious you, and employing more sexual energy in your every day life. It's often theoretical, teaching groups of couples about the ideas and techniques. But the op is asking if groups ever meet that effectively turn into orgies. I think the answer is yes. And if not they should.

I've never taken a tantric workshop though so all the above is only cleaned from what I've picked up online "

Gleaned.

Tantra isn't a western invention at all. It's an eastern tradition which reduces processes to systems, and occasionally ritual. It's been adopted in sex practice, largely in the west, as a means to eliminate stress by placing focus elsewhere. Fair enough if it helps deal with anxiety.

over a year ago

So where to we go to get some hands on lessons? x

over a year ago

I'm overseas sadly, or I'd offer.

over a year ago

Thanks - but was hoping for a group setting x

By *lay4RealCouple
over a year ago

London

Watching the thread with interest. If you ever find a group please inform us too!!

over a year ago

Well let’s see if anyone has a suggestion. If not we could gang together, find a teacher and a venue x

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Platform 3 Waterloo train station -if it's groups you're after, you can't go wrong there

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

Keen to find out more

By *lay4RealCouple
over a year ago

London

"Well let’s see if anyone has a suggestion. If not we could gang together, find a teacher and a venue x"

Sounds like it would be interesting. We are in if a few more couples are up for it. You can coordinate.

Post new Message to Thread