Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My name's doctorprod and i'm a workaholic

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Interestingly i hear that the laziest people in the world are the ones most likely to become workaholics. It's claimed that we do this as a way of dealing with our idleness by means of overcompensation and, of course, causes trouble at home.

I don't know if this is true but i have to admit that i am one of the laziest gits you're ever likely to meet. Also, apart from having to take a few days off for the coming religious festivals, i'm now booked 6/7 days a week until February with no sign of it easing off. Roll on the spring.

Would you say you're the same?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Me? No!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I'd rather spend time with my wife and kids.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"I'd rather spend time with my wife and kids. "

I'd rather be at home too. It's difficult for me to find the middle ground in the work/life balance. It doesn't help that i'm self employed (the irony here is that one of the reasons i went self employed was in the expectation that i'd have more free time!). Plus there's the nature of my job, a run of really bad weather would be financially disastrous.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

"Interestingly i hear that the laziest people in the world are the ones most likely to become workaholics. It's claimed that we do this as a way of dealing with our idleness by means of overcompensation and, of course, causes trouble at home.

I don't know if this is true but i have to admit that i am one of the laziest gits you're ever likely to meet. Also, apart from having to take a few days off for the coming religious festivals, i'm now booked 6/7 days a week until February with no sign of it easing off. Roll on the spring.

Would you say you're the same? "

Fairly similar but I'm self employed so I need to work to earn, I do 6 days most weeks, haven't been on holiday in 7 years and in that time only taken maybe a sum total of 2 and a half weeks off due to a minor surgery/illnesses. But outside of that I'm pretty lazy, I get home and just want to lie down and turn off

Post new Message to Thread