Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pretending

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you say what you genuinely think on the forum on subjects or do you say what perhaps makes you look and sound good, or perhaps say what you think people want to hear?

Are you afraid to speak your mind incase you're judged harshly?

Is it common for people to say one thing in a public forum then the opposite in private?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *uteness69Woman
over a year ago

Walthamstow

"Do you say what you genuinely think on the forum on subjects or do you say what perhaps makes you look and sound good, or perhaps say what you think people want to hear?

Is it common for people to say one thing in a public forum then the opposite in private?"

I'm holding back, mostly.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I speak my mind.

As I do in day to day life.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I call things as I see them and always try and take a balanced view - really don't see the point in pretence or trying to appear to be something I'm not or don't agree with - if people don't warm to me because of my views then so be it - I'd rather that than be false

over a year ago

Erm...

Yeah I think it's clear I'm not here to make everyone like me. I hold back quite a lot too

over a year ago

I am my jolly old self

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

No, I remain authentic, but sometimes discretion is the better part of valour!

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

I rarely meet expections... mine or others, so tend to type post and then only think about what I've posted after I hit the magic button.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I say what I think.

I may tone it down, not say the exact thing that's in my head.. I swear alot in my head.

But I speak my mind, and if some people don't like or agree with my opinions, that's fine.

It would be boring if we all agreed on the same thing

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple
over a year ago

Planet Ork

I tend to avoid confrontational or argumentative threads and try to stick to the jovial ones which means hopefully my comments don’t cause any offence.

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I generally speak my mind.

over a year ago

Say how I feel. I actually used to get on really well with another formite who posted a thread, I disagreed with it and now they won’t talk to me

Unless it’s a topic I have somewhat an opinion of but not enough evidence or understanding to back myself up (there was a polictal debate once that I didn’t share my views on) I’ll usually share how I feel

over a year ago

I do hold back, not so that people will like me, mostly because I really can't be bothered

over a year ago

I always speak my mind.... to many ass kissers on here

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I can't be arsed the majority of the time to speak my mind/comment on forum posts.

If I do post I try and do so as authentically and consistently as I do away from the forum, I don't post what people want to necessarily read/will like.

Some posters do act in different ways than how they portray on the forum - maybe it's just a different side to them.

over a year ago

There are a few "try hards" in here that are on a constant mission to seek approval from the others, and a few on here who always try to be contrary no matter what is being discussed, again, probably just to seek attention. I just like taking the piss out of these sort of people despite others jumping to their defence, but I dont really care.

over a year ago

I speak my mind. On here and in real life.

It's not always what people want to hear, but those who actually know me,take it as is,rather than being all offended x

over a year ago

I say what I think and don’t care if it offends to be honest lol!

I notice some people on here are what I call “pick me’s” who say what they think the others want to hear in order to get a virtual pat on the back. It’s embarrassing and quite obvious.

By *iss SJWoman
over a year ago

Hull

I say what I think but try not to be nasty to people. I don’t like to cause controversy so mainly stick to subjects I’m comfy with. I’m not here for negative stuff. If I don’t like a thread I just avoid it same as I do with people I don’t like and who don’t like me. To me the forums are for a bit of fun and friendly interaction with interesting and varied people.

over a year ago

"There are a few "try hards" in here that are on a constant mission to seek approval from the others, and a few on here who always try to be contrary no matter what is being discussed, again, probably just to seek attention. I just like taking the piss out of these sort of people despite others jumping to their defence, but I dont really care. "

Absolutely agree.

I find there are a handful of people on here who deliberately try to start confrontation for the fun of it, I can only think they don’t have anything in their life enjoyable so they start confrontation for entertainment.

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

Crawley

If you can’t be honest in an online basically fun place where can you?

over a year ago

Generally I'll say what I feel on threads but there's times I'll just let some threads go. Not through fear of what others think as that's never concerned me but sometimes they don't warrant a reply.

over a year ago

I have learned never to open a thread. Never again

over a year ago

When I first stumbled into the forums I was cautious of upsetting with things said.

Now you all can kiss my big round arse.

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I generally say what I think, although sometimes I will end up writing and then deleting a comment on a thread without actually posting it because I simply can't be arsed getting into a dialogue with the OP or poster I was replying to. I'm also aware that being from a different country my views on some topics are not welcome, so I hold back.

over a year ago

I do say what I mean but, there are also some threads I won’t post on as it’s a very emotive subject and I’d end up with a holiday if I said my piece. Though a lot of time I just can’t be bothered with it x

By *ust chilled out meMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

I'm new to the forum's but I'd like to think I'll say what I think iff you don't mean what you say then don't say it simple

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Do you say what you genuinely think on the forum on subjects or do you say what perhaps makes you look and sound good, or perhaps say what you think people want to hear?

Is it common for people to say one thing in a public forum then the opposite in private?"

I generally speak my mind, but do try to be constructive not and not offensive.

Cal

over a year ago

If I start a thread I often word things a certain way to get a reaction. - A reaction as in a lively debate and not just yes and no type answers.

I want to know people's different opinions on things. I want opinions to be challenged, I want to think.

By *ust chilled out meMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

"I say what I think but try not to be nasty to people. I don’t like to cause controversy so mainly stick to subjects I’m comfy with. I’m not here for negative stuff. If I don’t like a thread I just avoid it same as I do with people I don’t like and who don’t like me. To me the forums are for a bit of fun and friendly interaction with interesting and varied people. "

Toataly agree with you there wear all hear for fun a laff ect

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

I don't think anyone would accuse me of not speaking my mind on here or in real life

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

Crawley

"I have learned never to open a thread. Never again "

That seems a shame!

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I don’t post on the controversial threads, sometimes I would like to say what is really in my head but I would be on the naughty step I’m sure, in real life I make my opinions known but not in a horrible way, it is simply that I work mostly with men and they don’t pussy foot around worrying about anyone’s “feelings” so I am used to being able to say “ ohh fucking shut up you noodle, you do talk shite”

over a year ago

I say as I find for the most part.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm actually thinking would anyone actually come in this thread and admit to saying one thing in public, and the opposite in private? Probably not, no one admits to that sort of thing or to having double standards do they

By *mp411Man
over a year ago

chester

I have no filters so I say exactly what I think

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I'm actually thinking would anyone actually come in this thread and admit to saying one thing in public, and the opposite in private? Probably not, no one admits to that sort of thing or to having double standards do they"

Unlikely.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I’m like an Alice in Wonderland character - I say what I mean and I mean what I say.

over a year ago

"I'm actually thinking would anyone actually come in this thread and admit to saying one thing in public, and the opposite in private? Probably not, no one admits to that sort of thing or to having double standards do they"

Exactly... why so many claim to tell it like it is... yeah right!

over a year ago

"I speak my mind.

As I do in day to day life. "

So do I I upset a few to

By *isty286Couple
over a year ago

Dorset

"I tend to avoid confrontational or argumentative threads and try to stick to the jovial ones which means hopefully my comments don’t cause any offence. "

We do this too, otherwise we end up with a forum ban.

over a year ago

Our multiple recent bans would suggest honesty to the point of brutality. We just say things how we see them and that's us in real life. On the flip side we do have thick skin, know we are far from perfect and take all return fire as fair game.

over a year ago

I tend to stick to the more lighthearted threads but when I do comment on others it's because they have riled me or I feel a point has been missed therefore the replies I give are what I honestly feel at the time.

By *a Fee VerteWoman
over a year ago

Limbo

As a completely incompetent flirt I certainly don't say stuff which might make me sound good and/or more noticeable, largely because it just wouldn't come across as natural and I hate the thought of looking like a twat sometime down the line because I've told a few fibs, which someone remembers later on, or because I contradict myself. And although I'm not scared of being judged harshly for my views, I do sometimes hold back from expressing myself fully as I tend to drone on a bit and I'm more likely to be judged as a weirdo (quite possibly already am!) which makes me feel rather uncomfortable.

But while I'm cautious about how much I reveal, anything I do say here is always true to me and my honest real life opinions. I don't do hypocrisy.

over a year ago

Depends on what subject. Do you mean like opinions or personal details?

I have double standards. Rules for one thing that change for something else.

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

Crawley

Is it common for people to say one thing in a public forum then the opposite in private?

As a completely incompetent flirt I certainly don't say stuff which might make me sound good and/or more noticeable, largely because it just wouldn't come across as natural and I hate the thought of looking like a twat sometime down the line because I've told a few fibs, which someone remembers later on, or because I contradict myself. And although I'm not scared of being judged harshly for my views, I do sometimes hold back from expressing myself fully as I tend to drone on a bit and I'm more likely to be judged as a weirdo (quite possibly already am!) which makes me feel rather uncomfortable.

But while I'm cautious about how much I reveal, anything I do say here is always true to me and my honest real life opinions. I don't do hypocrisy."

Jeez what a weirdo don’t she drone on!

X

over a year ago

I just say random shit to only make sence ever now and then

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Generally I say what I feel.... As long as its within the rules

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Always honest.

But then again I am a Northerner.

over a year ago

I post for many reasons. Sometimes without a clear idea of what I think on an issue and I'm curious to see what others think. But I can't think of a time I've ever written anything that tried to paint me in a favourable light and wasn't true. I used to play devils advocate from time to time. But there are forum posters now who do that pretty much all the time. So I don't bother any more. But I do enjoy baiting brexiters but that's only because they get so easily wound up and I enjoy being told to leave the country

Is that what you meant op?

By *riefcase_WankerMan
over a year ago

Milton Keynes

Never say anything I don't mean, but fairly often I guess I subscribe to "if you've nothing nice to say..."

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I always give my honest opinion on the forums subjects that I decide to post in.

That being said, there are a lot of topics I may have an opinion on, but won't post because they're very polarising. Any subject matter that entails politics, social justice warrior virtue signaling, gender identity etc will get a pass. From what i've read here many people are incapable of a rational debate especially if it contradicts today's politically correct group think.

I'm here for fun and enjoyment and not for hassle and conflict.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

It depends on my mood at the time, as I am getting older, I can read things, shake my head and just walk away.

I don't always need to voice my opinion, because these days I just can't be arsed.

I never say anything I don't mean though.

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

I prefer to stay away from controversial topics and just to post on the fun threads and join in with a bit of friendly banter as life is too short and I'm too old to be getting into heated debates and its not good for my high blood pressure!

over a year ago

I hate to pussy foot around say what's on your mind and be done with it.

over a year ago

I boldly type what I think.... and then think better of it

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

I always give my honest opinion on the forums subjects that I decide to post in.

That being said, there are a lot of topics I may have an opinion on, but won't post because they're very polarising. Any subject matter that entails politics, social justice warrior virtue signaling, gender identity etc will get a pass. From what i've read here many people are incapable of a rational debate especially if it contradicts today's politically correct group think.

I'm here for fun and enjoyment and not for hassle and conflict."

Yes, it's totally impossible to guess your opinions on the subjects you mentioned.....

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I'm just me. Say it as it is.

By *rumcouple2013Couple
over a year ago

Tamworth

Normally say what we think. Not that active on here so don’t care if we get shot down by others. But I (Mr Brum) did bite my lip earlier in a thread discussing “sluts/whores.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

On the threads that interest me I say what I think.

I avoid the ones that don't interest or amuse me.

over a year ago

i read a lot.

only way to learn about people and get a different view to your own for consideration

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I read more than I comment. I mostly just stick to the fun threads however if I felt I needed to comment then I would. I’m here for fun not angst so I avoid a lot of stuff because it’s not of interest.

over a year ago

Always speak my mind. Fab or not.

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

"There are a few "try hards" in here that are on a constant mission to seek approval from the others, and a few on here who always try to be contrary no matter what is being discussed, again, probably just to seek attention. I just like taking the piss out of these sort of people despite others jumping to their defence, but I dont really care. "

Totally agree that’s where I am completely that and standing up to the single men bashers

over a year ago

"There are a few "try hards" in here that are on a constant mission to seek approval from the others, and a few on here who always try to be contrary no matter what is being discussed, again, probably just to seek attention. I just like taking the piss out of these sort of people despite others jumping to their defence, but I dont really care.

Totally agree that’s where I am completely that and standing up to the single men bashers "

i wish you luck with that.

over a year ago

I wonder if all these people actually said what's on their minds, how confrontational the forums would be! There's a few, but most seem to just keep quiet.

Or are we actually just a bunch of mild mannered scaredy cats

As for me, I avoid. Sometimes I type and then delete as the fallout is really not worthy.

My comments that I actually put are honest and those times I do delete, I very rarely revisit that thread just in case I'm tempted again.

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

"There are a few "try hards" in here that are on a constant mission to seek approval from the others, and a few on here who always try to be contrary no matter what is being discussed, again, probably just to seek attention. I just like taking the piss out of these sort of people despite others jumping to their defence, but I dont really care.

Totally agree that’s where I am completely that and standing up to the single men bashers

i wish you luck with that.

"

Thanks it’s really quite easy because most of the bashers in question tend to be pretty nieve and not well informed oops there I go again

over a year ago

I say what I think, within forum rules. There’s plenty I might say that would contravene. I’ll debate on topics that I’m passionate about. I’ll be accountable for any actions I take, and I act with integrity and I care. I’m always willing to explain my actions. And I don’t pander to gossip.

By *good-being-badMan
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

If I've typed it it's nothing I wouldn't say to someone's face .. I think I'm pretty consistent .

over a year ago

I generally say what I think, sometimes play devil's advocate.

The people echoing popular opinion to try and get laid are easy to spot and nauseating to anyone with a few braim cells.

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

I have to say I do find the white knights pretty pathetic but entertaining at the same time

By *eliciousladyWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

" Are you afraid to speak your mind in case you're judged harshly?"

I have opinions, but am not the type of person that speaks their mind..do not like confrontation or conflict, what’s the point of it?

By *urious786Couple
over a year ago

Liverpool

I (mrs) read the forums a fair bit and comment occasionally.

generally I say what I think but with less swearing than in “real life”

I don’t see the point in falsifying (if that’s even a real word) myself or my views to get liked by others as I’d surely be found out if I ever met them because I don’t have a good enough memory to lie

Mr has never commented on the forum but if he did he would most likely say the first thing that came into his head, he generally speaks his mind and can be very blunt

By *hamboy69Man
over a year ago

huddersfield

This is a great thread

However there are some people on the Forums who will simply follow the flo because at the end of the day they’ve on here purely for sex

That said I’ll always speak my mind as sensibly as I can with no fear beceause let’s face it I’m yet to hear of anyone getting laid due to a clever quote in the Forums

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Sometimes I find it easier to just say nothing at all...

Might be why I often type something then press delete...

over a year ago

If I can be bothered to answer I say whatever is in my head.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Sometimes I just let it go then get hammered for it.

By *qua vitaeWoman
over a year ago

Shropshire/Midlands

I say what a genuinely think on the forums. If people disagree with me, that’s ok; as we have the right to our own opinions. Although I tried to phrase things, so that hopefully they’re not misread in any way.

over a year ago

If I wanted intellectual philosophical debate, or to air controversial political views etc then there’s plenty of other interweb sites out there to do that!

On here I want to keep things lighthearted - my goal is to make some nice online acquaintances / friends and hopefully, for those I really like, get to meet and ideally end up nekkid with them! For that, I really don’t want any dramarama.

So whilst now and then I might drop in and air a view on something, if anyone comes back with an angry rebuttal I’ll try and avoid a long heated debate because that’s not why I’m here!

I’ll save all that stuff for other social media forums!

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I say what I think on the threads that I comment on, but I purposefully avoid most of the ones that are clearly divisive issues, I've been around the internet long enough now to know how those go and it's not worth the aggro and spikes in blood pressure

Post new Message to Thread