Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

flu vaccines

Jump to newest

By *good-being-bad OP   Man
over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

So I'm reading a leaflet about the flu vaccine and it states various reasons for eligibility..age 65, pregnant and certain chronic diseases.

One of the diseases listed along with heart respiratory renal liver .. is morbid obesity, is obesity a disease ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I view it as a condition, certainly with health issues, that's potentially contributed to by many factors - obesity might be a symptom of other health problems.

Get vaccinated if possible as it helps to contribute to herd immunity, potentially saving thousands of deaths just in the UK, in one year.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

disease

d?'zi?z/

noun

noun: disease; plural noun: diseases; noun: dis-ease; plural noun: dis-eases

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

"bacterial meningitis is quite a rare disease"

synonyms: illness, sickness, ill health; More

infection, ailment, malady, disorder, complaint, affliction, condition, indisposition, upset, problem, trouble, infirmity, disability, defect, abnormality;

pestilence, plague, cancer, canker, blight;

informalbug, virus;

informallurgy;

informalwog;

datedcontagion

antonyms: health

a particular quality or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

There's the definition of disease. It seems like it is one to me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I heard someone saying on TV this morning that it is!!. Apart from the obvious meds that some people have to be on-steroids etc. I don't understand how other people can say its a disease or disability.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The vaccine this year has an added adjuvant for the over 65s, which will increase its effectiveness. Wonder if any 64.5 year olds will lie about being older, to get it? (The opposite of fab tactics, where they'll remain 49

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"disease

d?'zi?z/

noun

noun: disease; plural noun: diseases; noun: dis-ease; plural noun: dis-eases

a disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

"bacterial meningitis is quite a rare disease"

synonyms: illness, sickness, ill health; More

infection, ailment, malady, disorder, complaint, affliction, condition, indisposition, upset, problem, trouble, infirmity, disability, defect, abnormality;

pestilence, plague, cancer, canker, blight;

informalbug, virus;

informallurgy;

informalwog;

datedcontagion

antonyms: health

a particular quality or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

There's the definition of disease. It seems like it is one to me."

Don't bring facts into these discussions please

Post new Message to Thread