over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

WEEK FORTY!!!

MOTTO: We run #LikeAToddlerChasingAPug

Hey lovely Fab Crap Runners!

It's Week Forty!!!

How is everyone doing?

EXPLANATION AND ETHOS:

EVERYONE is welcome in the Fab Crap Runners' Club (the crapper the better).

From 1st January, a bunch of Fabbers began improving their fitness through running. None of them were natural athletes but they did it anyway.

FOR COMPLETE BEGINNERS:

"Couch to 5k" (C25K) is a nine-week running programme for absolute beginners, available on various free phone apps (Mrs T used Get Running). But you can join this thread to get fit by any means including walking and cycling - all are welcome. If you're expecting to be utterly crap at it (I mean reeeeeeeeeally bad), you're in the right place. Join the thread, tell us what your aim is and we'll cheer you on each week, just for trying.

FOR MORE EXPERIENCED RUNNERS:

Tell us what you’re up to with your running, your training and your races. Let’s us know your highs and lows. Please cheer on the newbies and give advice if they ask.

FCRC SOCIAL PARKRUN

I am doing a doodle poll to find out where everyone can get to with ease before organising the next social.

https://doodle.com/poll/77nghmke7uwunrwy

Again, it's completely anonymous and you can vote for as many options as you would like.

Hopefully the regions are self-explanatory (Sorry if you think your county should be in a different region!)

AND FINALLY:

Who is working towards a specific goal? Tell us your progress.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *alking Disaster OP   Woman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Hi,

Sorry for the slight delay in this weeks post, internet issues

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Hi,

Sorry for the slight delay in this weeks post, internet issues "

Excuses, excuses

It's weird this running thing, I'm really looking forward to my next run

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I need to renew my FCRC membership, seems like I can barely manage a 5k now without my creaking body giving up on me!!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Hi,

Sorry for the slight delay in this weeks post, internet issues

Excuses, excuses

It's weird this running thing, I'm really looking forward to my next run "

You are?

I'm not. My next one is up and down hills

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I need to renew my FCRC membership, seems like I can barely manage a 5k now without my creaking body giving up on me!! "

Oh no! You were doing so well! What happened?

over a year ago

"I need to renew my FCRC membership, seems like I can barely manage a 5k now without my creaking body giving up on me!!

Oh no! You were doing so well! What happened?"

Knee injury last summer, resulting in a DNF at a really important race for me later in the year. Still suffering with it, mojo has completely gone, put too much weight on and got into a downward spiral which I've found really hard to break out of. Need something to kick my sorry arse into gear, but not quite sure what!!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I need to renew my FCRC membership, seems like I can barely manage a 5k now without my creaking body giving up on me!!

Knee injury last summer, resulting in a DNF at a really important race for me later in the year. Still suffering with it, mojo has completely gone, put too much weight on and got into a downward spiral which I've found really hard to break out of. Need something to kick my sorry arse into gear, but not quite sure what!!"

Which half is posting? Because I thought male half was doing well - supporting friends etc!

over a year ago

Knee injury last summer, resulting in a DNF at a really important race for me later in the year. Still suffering with it, mojo has completely gone, put too much weight on and got into a downward spiral which I've found really hard to break out of. Need something to kick my sorry arse into gear, but not quite sure what!!

Which half is posting? Because I thought male half was doing well - supporting friends etc! "

Sadly tis Mr GT. Yes, I was doing brilliantly well, but running wise things have pretty much gone to shit! Nothing that 6 months hard work and 1000 training miles won't fix though!!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Which half is posting? Because I thought male half was doing well - supporting friends etc!

Sadly tis Mr GT. Yes, I was doing brilliantly well, but running wise things have pretty much gone to shit! Nothing that 6 months hard work and 1000 training miles won't fix though!! "

I know that feeling.

Sunday morning runs have become a thing of the past. I'd rather stay in bed

over a year ago

Sadly tis Mr GT. Yes, I was doing brilliantly well, but running wise things have pretty much gone to shit! Nothing that 6 months hard work and 1000 training miles won't fix though!!

I know that feeling.

Sunday morning runs have become a thing of the past. I'd rather stay in bed "

It was all the good weather induced eating and drinking that did for me!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I know that feeling.

It was all the good weather induced eating and drinking that did for me!"

I would like to clarify, I'm talking about staying in bed alone...

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

No running for me tommorow as in Manchester so I am taking it easy and relaxing

over a year ago

I know that feeling.

I would like to clarify, I'm talking about staying in bed alone..."

That's a shame....

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Good morning FCRC

Managed to do 13.1km this morning at 6:13km

And I didn't find any puddles!!!!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Good morning FCRC

Managed to do 13.1km this morning at 6:13km

And I didn't find any puddles!!!! "

Well done! (On both!)

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I know that feeling.

That's a shame.... "

I can't sleep in the same bed as other people, so not really

over a year ago

I know that feeling.

That's a shame....

I can't sleep in the same bed as other people, so not really"

Who said anything about sleeping!!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I know that feeling.

That's a shame....

Who said anything about sleeping!!"

That would mean interacting with someone of the opposite sex

over a year ago

I know that feeling.

That's a shame....

That would mean interacting with someone of the opposite sex "

You should try it, I've heard it can be quite fun......

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

Am energyless again. 3rd time in what 5 weeks. I want to go running ffs

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Am energyless again. 3rd time in what 5 weeks. I want to go running ffs "

Go to the doctors instead

Feel better soon Harry!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I know that feeling.

That's a shame....

That would mean interacting with someone of the opposite sex

You should try it, I've heard it can be quite fun......"

I'll consider it

over a year ago

I’ve just found this thread so sorry I’m 40 weeks late getting on the band wagon.. huge well done to all of you that have stuck with it since January, I’d love to hear how much you have progressed since then.

I’ve jut started attempting to run after a long time of not running (child care and work never really let it fit in regularly so I just let it drop) and can’t believe how hard I’m finding it!! I’m not following an app or anything at the moment because I literally cannot jog 2k

At my best I was running around 20k at an almost respectable pace and did a tough mudder 3 years ago but for the past 2 years I’ve not ran at all. I’m hoping this is going to give me a bit of motivation to keep trying.x

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I’ve just found this thread so sorry I’m 40 weeks late getting on the band wagon.. huge well done to all of you that have stuck with it since January, I’d love to hear how much you have progressed since then.

I’ve jut started attempting to run after a long time of not running (child care and work never really let it fit in regularly so I just let it drop) and can’t believe how hard I’m finding it!! I’m not following an app or anything at the moment because I literally cannot jog 2k

At my best I was running around 20k at an almost respectable pace and did a tough mudder 3 years ago but for the past 2 years I’ve not ran at all. I’m hoping this is going to give me a bit of motivation to keep trying.x"

Hello and welcome to the thread!

We are all abilities here, some just getting back on the wagon after a bit of time off like you (and yes, it is difficult to get back into it!)

Well done on making a start though!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"Am energyless again. 3rd time in what 5 weeks. I want to go running ffs

Go to the doctors instead

Feel better soon Harry!"

This time of year with the weather not making its mind up. Struggle every year.

over a year ago

"

We are all abilities here, some just getting back on the wagon after a bit of time off like you (and yes, it is difficult to get back into it!)

Well done on making a start though!"

Thank you ?? I’m just trying to keep going by convincing myself that tomorrow is going to be the day it suddenly all clicks into place and I feel like I can manage my first k in a run at least. There have been quite a few tomorrows already though

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Signed up for Tough Mudder 5k today. Event is in April. I do weights but almost no cardio. Has anybody here done it before? Not gonna lie... I'm not happy to be doing it! But i didn't wanna get shown up by my younger girl cousin so I've agreed. Thank god I have 6 months to train.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"

Thank you ?? I’m just trying to keep going by convincing myself that tomorrow is going to be the day it suddenly all clicks into place and I feel like I can manage my first k in a run at least. There have been quite a few tomorrows already though "

I cannot recommend C25K enough! Worth looking into it, such a great app to guide you through it.

I was crap at jogging (not running) and I mean (jog six paces and die on the floor) crap!

But I've stuck with it, thanks to this lovely lot and I'm actually enjoying it

If I can do it, anyone can! And we will be cheering you on all the way

over a year ago

"Signed up for Tough Mudder 5k today. Event is in April. I do weights but almost no cardio. Has anybody here done it before? Not gonna lie... I'm not happy to be doing it! But i didn't wanna get shown up by my younger girl cousin so I've agreed. Thank god I have 6 months to train. "

I did the full 20k and managed the running no trouble. All the different obstacles gives you a break from running so you will manage the distance easier than you think. I will say make sure you do plenty of off road running in your training and invest in some good trainers designed for wet slippery conditions. Mine were designed for fell running and were almost like plastic studs underneath and didn’t get waterlogged and heavy. There were people with normal running trainers on that were like bambi on ice on the mud or weighed down by how much water they took on. Best of luck and enjoy, it’s a brilliant experience! When you finish and get your head band is an amazing feeling!x

over a year ago

Lurking

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"Signed up for Tough Mudder 5k today. Event is in April. I do weights but almost no cardio. Has anybody here done it before? Not gonna lie... I'm not happy to be doing it! But i didn't wanna get shown up by my younger girl cousin so I've agreed. Thank god I have 6 months to train.

I did the full 20k and managed the running no trouble. All the different obstacles gives you a break from running so you will manage the distance easier than you think. I will say make sure you do plenty of off road running in your training and invest in some good trainers designed for wet slippery conditions. Mine were designed for fell running and were almost like plastic studs underneath and didn’t get waterlogged and heavy. There were people with normal running trainers on that were like bambi on ice on the mud or weighed down by how much water they took on. Best of luck and enjoy, it’s a brilliant experience! When you finish and get your head band is an amazing feeling!x"

Thanks for the advice! My friend said 5k is nothing and we should have done the longer one. If I get through this one I might go ahead and do that. I was just thinking about the footwear today. I guess my old battered converse ain't gonna cut it. I want that head band!

By *ertsDrewMan
over a year ago

Hitchin

Walking Disaster* .. apologies I haven't checked in here for yonks.

Have you taken over from Mrs Trellis?

Anyway I seem to remember *W.D. is something as a misnomer and in fact you're Running Perfection! Incidentally I knocked off a 21:42 5k last weekend. TIDY!

Catch you soon,

Drew x

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

Hello Fabbers, I’m a lapsed C25k runner

I started in January here and worked my way up from staggering 20 yards to jogging a continuous 5k but when the hot weather hit the south east, I stopped. Running when it’s more than 20 degrees is terrible, especially when you’re as fat as I am.

Now the weather has cooled down a bit I started again last week. My first run was about 3k before my brain said “fuck this” but 2 days later I did a slow but complete 5k!

This week I’ve done another 5k on Monday and took more than a minute off last week’s time so I’ll run again tonight and see how it goes.

I’m still more than 90 seconds off the pace of my June runs and that was hardly impressive, but I’m out there again and you could be too

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"

Thank you ?? I’m just trying to keep going by convincing myself that tomorrow is going to be the day it suddenly all clicks into place and I feel like I can manage my first k in a run at least. There have been quite a few tomorrows already though "

I do know, personally, how much of a struggle it can be to get back into running after a break - I'm sorry if my post came off as patronising.

I've run regularly since 2009, starting with Race for Life. Loved it so much I signed up for a women's only 5k round Hyde Park two months later.

From there I graduated to 10k's and then my local parkrun started up. We started a group going on the back of that (after I joined a local running club) which did longer runs and I was eventually running half marathon distances for fun - I'd often run 15 miles on a Sunday morning and not really bat an eyelid over it.

I was half training for a marathon and the furthest distance I went was 20 miles. Found it difficult though, so I kept putting off my marathon entry.

In September 2015, I got my half marathon pb - I'd finally cracked 2 hours 15. I then did another half the next month. Ran the first half in 10k time and basically had to walk the rest. I was so sore afterwards that I couldn't walk properly for three days.

Completely fell out of love with running - I already had a love/hate relationship with it. I would do the occasional run, but no major training.

I then moved and realised that the best way of meeting people was through parkrun. So I started doing them occasionally.

I then had a stupid rush to the head and signed up for the Edinburgh marathon. I had a whole year to train for it, I'd be fine. At the time, I was 10 and a half stone and struggling to run 5k without stopping. So I joined a local running club and carried on gaining weight instead of losing it. Running became more difficult, not easier.

At New Year I weighed 11 stone. So I joined Slimming World. I then had a series of bad colds/viruses which meant I couldn't run regularly and I gave up my marathon place. By May I was feeling better and managed to do a 10k (although not in a very fast time). Then I got tonsillitis which meant I couldn't run for a month. By this point, I was now nine and a half stone. My running improved again and I was generally knocking about 30 seconds a week off my parkrun time, not quite sub-30 again, but close.

Then my car went off the road for a month and that knocked my mental health back. I lost another half stone in about a week - I literally didn't eat for a week.

I'm back on track again now - parkrun times had slumped again, but I am getting faster again.

Sorry for the overshare, but I just wanted to explain that I do know how difficult it is to get back running after a gap.

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Signed up for Tough Mudder 5k today. Event is in April. I do weights but almost no cardio. Has anybody here done it before? Not gonna lie... I'm not happy to be doing it! But i didn't wanna get shown up by my younger girl cousin so I've agreed. Thank god I have 6 months to train. "

Hat's off to you! That's not something I could ever do. I don't mind running through puddles, but through mud and over obstacles - no thank you!

For your running, try the couch to 5k. For the obstacles, see if there is a boot camp local to you?

Good luck!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

If anyone in the Hove area is up for a jog/run/walk I’m up for it. I need a keep for motivation buddy

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Walking Disaster* .. apologies I haven't checked in here for yonks.

Have you taken over from Mrs Trellis?

Anyway I seem to remember *W.D. is something as a misnomer and in fact you're Running Perfection! Incidentally I knocked off a 21:42 5k last weekend. TIDY!

Catch you soon,

Drew x"

I have temporarily, until Mrs Trellis wants her thread back!

I've still got a long way to go before I get to my previous parkrun pb.

Well done on that 5k time! That's amazing!

Keep in touch with the thread, we could do with a wise head to give advice

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Hello Fabbers, I’m a lapsed C25k runner

I started in January here and worked my way up from staggering 20 yards to jogging a continuous 5k but when the hot weather hit the south east, I stopped. Running when it’s more than 20 degrees is terrible, especially when you’re as fat as I am.

Now the weather has cooled down a bit I started again last week. My first run was about 3k before my brain said “fuck this” but 2 days later I did a slow but complete 5k!

This week I’ve done another 5k on Monday and took more than a minute off last week’s time so I’ll run again tonight and see how it goes.

I’m still more than 90 seconds off the pace of my June runs and that was hardly impressive, but I’m out there again and you could be too "

Yay! Well done Adam!

Good to see you back on the thread!

By *eonnieCouple
over a year ago

Worsley

Good morning! Can I join you? I’m definitely a crap runner! I finished the couch to 5K and then didn’t run for over a year. Just started the couch to 10K now, hopefully that should keep me more motivated if I don’t collapse anywhere that is!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"If anyone in the Hove area is up for a jog/run/walk I’m up for it. I need a keep for motivation buddy"

It's a bit far for me, but bumping so others can see (I don't want your message to get lost in the sea of my previous replies!)

My south coast geography is terrible. There is someone based in Worthing I believe?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Good morning! Can I join you? I’m definitely a crap runner! I finished the couch to 5K and then didn’t run for over a year. Just started the couch to 10K now, hopefully that should keep me more motivated if I don’t collapse anywhere that is! "

Of course you can join us!

Well done on restarting

By *eonnieCouple
over a year ago

Worsley

"Good morning! Can I join you? I’m definitely a crap runner! I finished the couch to 5K and then didn’t run for over a year. Just started the couch to 10K now, hopefully that should keep me more motivated if I don’t collapse anywhere that is!

Well done on restarting "

Thank you!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Good morning! Can I join you? I’m definitely a crap runner! I finished the couch to 5K and then didn’t run for over a year. Just started the couch to 10K now, hopefully that should keep me more motivated if I don’t collapse anywhere that is!

Well done on restarting

Thank you! "

When is the 10k?

By *eonnieCouple
over a year ago

Worsley

Well done on restarting

Thank you!

When is the 10k?"

It’s a 14 week app, so sometime in January if it all goes according to plan. I struggled a bit at the end of the 5K so it might take longer. I don’t really care if I can run the 10K straight or if I have to run/ walk / run it, as king as I make it into a habit and stick to it!

over a year ago

"

I do know, personally, how much of a struggle it can be to get back into running after a break - I'm sorry if my post came off as patronising.

I've run regularly since 2009, starting with Race for Life. Loved it so much I signed up for a women's only 5k round Hyde Park two months later.

From there I graduated to 10k's and then my local parkrun started up. We started a group going on the back of that (after I joined a local running club) which did longer runs and I was eventually running half marathon distances for fun - I'd often run 15 miles on a Sunday morning and not really bat an eyelid over it.

I was half training for a marathon and the furthest distance I went was 20 miles. Found it difficult though, so I kept putting off my marathon entry.

In September 2015, I got my half marathon pb - I'd finally cracked 2 hours 15. I then did another half the next month. Ran the first half in 10k time and basically had to walk the rest. I was so sore afterwards that I couldn't walk properly for three days.

Completely fell out of love with running - I already had a love/hate relationship with it. I would do the occasional run, but no major training.

I then moved and realised that the best way of meeting people was through parkrun. So I started doing them occasionally.

I then had a stupid rush to the head and signed up for the Edinburgh marathon. I had a whole year to train for it, I'd be fine. At the time, I was 10 and a half stone and struggling to run 5k without stopping. So I joined a local running club and carried on gaining weight instead of losing it. Running became more difficult, not easier.

At New Year I weighed 11 stone. So I joined Slimming World. I then had a series of bad colds/viruses which meant I couldn't run regularly and I gave up my marathon place. By May I was feeling better and managed to do a 10k (although not in a very fast time). Then I got tonsillitis which meant I couldn't run for a month. By this point, I was now nine and a half stone. My running improved again and I was generally knocking about 30 seconds a week off my parkrun time, not quite sub-30 again, but close.

Then my car went off the road for a month and that knocked my mental health back. I lost another half stone in about a week - I literally didn't eat for a week.

I'm back on track again now - parkrun times had slumped again, but I am getting faster again.

Sorry for the overshare, but I just wanted to explain that I do know how difficult it is to get back running after a gap."

Sorry I didn’t take it as you were being patronising, the question marks must of come up from an emoji fabs didn’t recognise.

Really well done for keep pushing through and trying!x

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

4km in 24.20 this evening. I am happy with 6min 5 secs per km. I need to get used to doing that regularly before pushing up to 5km

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"4km in 24.20 this evening. I am happy with 6min 5 secs per km. I need to get used to doing that regularly before pushing up to 5km"

Followed by a shade under 6km on the bike as well.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

also I know how hard it is to run. I struggled with mental illness and weight gain but running seams to control both

I used to play football twice a week when I was a lot slimmer then over last 18 months I had put on about 3 stone as I stopped any gym or physical activity . I wasn’t feeling good. In the summer I got ripped for being fat

So I started back. When I first started I struggled to do 1.8km in 15 mins - that’s a shocking pace really. Now I am up to about 2.5km in the same time if not quicker. I have lost a stone and a quater. Still have only managed one 5km. I should have dropped the speed down so I could manage the 5km today.

I am now back up to 40 mins of cardio!!! Which is what I should be doing. Hopefully will try and get a 5km done on Friday aiming for about sub 32 but would be happy with sub 31

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"

Sorry I didn’t take it as you were being patronising, the question marks must of come up from an emoji fabs didn’t recognise.

Really well done for keep pushing through and trying!x"

Oppps

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"4km in 24.20 this evening. I am happy with 6min 5 secs per km. I need to get used to doing that regularly before pushing up to 5km"

Well done.

That sounds like a more sensible pace

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

How do you guys measure the distance you run?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"How do you guys measure the distance you run? "

Hi,

There are three ways of doing it:

1) wear a gps watch/use an app on your phone (Strava or similar).

2) run on a treadmill.

3) do it the old fashioned way and map out your route on a map (if you have to be techie, there are websites/apps you can use!)

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

Hey welcome back Drew. Well done Adam. Appreciate the sharing WD. Keep at it Mike

over a year ago

"Hey welcome back Drew. Well done Adam. Appreciate the sharing WD. Keep at it Mike "
I run every Tuesday around the hills where I live. I thought I was running like a gazelle but after checking my time I realised I ran like a donkey but at least I’m ????? running

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Hey welcome back Drew. Well done Adam. Appreciate the sharing WD. Keep at it Mike I run every Tuesday around the hills where I live. I thought I was running like a gazelle but after checking my time I realised I ran like a donkey but at least I’m ????? running "

There is nothing wrong with running slowly and appreciating the view (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

over a year ago

"Hey welcome back Drew. Well done Adam. Appreciate the sharing WD. Keep at it Mike I run every Tuesday around the hills where I live. I thought I was running like a gazelle but after checking my time I realised I ran like a donkey but at least I’m ????? running

There is nothing wrong with running slowly and appreciating the view (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)"

like it I’m with you

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Hey welcome back Drew. Well done Adam. Appreciate the sharing WD. Keep at it Mike I run every Tuesday around the hills where I live. I thought I was running like a gazelle but after checking my time I realised I ran like a donkey but at least I’m ????? running

There is nothing wrong with running slowly and appreciating the view (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)like it I’m with you "

Hill running is evil. They insist it's good for me at the club I run with. I disagree!

Are you training for anything, or running to keep fit?

over a year ago

There is nothing wrong with running slowly and appreciating the view (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)like it I’m with you I ran two 10k charity runs this year and want to do more and keeps me fie

Hill running is evil. They insist it's good for me at the club I run with. I disagree!

Are you training for anything, or running to keep fit?"

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

"How do you guys measure the distance you run?

Hi,

2) run on a treadmill.

3) do it the old fashioned way and map out your route on a map (if you have to be techie, there are websites/apps you can use!)"

Cheers WD. I don't really enjoy the treadmill and as suggested already it was recommended that I do off road running to help me train for Tough Mudder. Mapping on google maps might be difficult if I am running in a field or forest. I'll look at the app when i get round to starting my new regime. Thanks!

over a year ago

Hi,

2) run on a treadmill.

3) do it the old fashioned way and map out your route on a map (if you have to be techie, there are websites/apps you can use!)

Cheers WD. I don't really enjoy the treadmill and as suggested already it was recommended that I do off road running to help me train for Tough Mudder. Mapping on google maps might be difficult if I am running in a field or forest. I'll look at the app when i get round to starting my new regime. Thanks! "

Strava's good, it calculates it all for you and if you run the same route it gives you your records

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan
over a year ago

Ah sounds perfect, ta

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"4km in 24.20 this evening. I am happy with 6min 5 secs per km. I need to get used to doing that regularly before pushing up to 5km

Well done.

That sounds like a more sensible pace "

You mean rather than 5.38 ....; yes it is but was. I need to do a few 4km to get used to pace and distance!!!! Before upping to 5km. Also that was without stoping. The other week I had done 5km in a pace similar to what I would have done last night but done first 2.5 in 5.38 which was crazy really

Still aiming for 5.30 long term but let’s see what happens

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Hi,

2) run on a treadmill.

Cheers WD. I don't really enjoy the treadmill and as suggested already it was recommended that I do off road running to help me train for Tough Mudder. Mapping on google maps might be difficult if I am running in a field or forest. I'll look at the app when i get round to starting my new regime. Thanks! "

Even off road, you should really be sticking to paths. If you have an ordinance survey map (they'll have them in your library if you don't want to buy one) and take a photocopy of it - double check with copyright rules. Then you'll know where you can run and can't.

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

There is nothing wrong with running slowly and appreciating the view (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)like it I’m with you

Are you training for anything, or running to keep fit?

I ran two 10k charity runs this year and want to do more and keeps me fie"

Well done! 10k is a nice distance to run and train for. It doesn't take up too much time

Halves are a good distance; by increasing by one mile a week, you can go from 10k to a half in seven weeks. You only need to dedicate about two hours to your long run too - if you run early enough on a Sunday morning, you've still got the rest of the day

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"4km in 24.20 this evening. I am happy with 6min 5 secs per km. I need to get used to doing that regularly before pushing up to 5km

Well done.

You mean rather than 5.38 ....; yes it is but was. I need to do a few 4km to get used to pace and distance!!!! Before upping to 5km. Also that was without stoping. The other week I had done 5km in a pace similar to what I would have done last night but done first 2.5 in 5.38 which was crazy really

Still aiming for 5.30 long term but let’s see what happens "

Yes, but remember you've been injured. Come back too quickly and you'll be injured again!

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Well done.

Yes, but remember you've been injured. Come back too quickly and you'll be injured again!"

Think he will listen this time?

By *orningtonCroissantMan
over a year ago

notts and humberside

Hull half marathon last week. 1 hour 55

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Well done.

Yes, but remember you've been injured. Come back too quickly and you'll be injured again!

Think he will listen this time? "

I hope so.

But then men are stubborn creatures who don't like to take advice!

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"Hull half marathon last week. 1 hour 55"

Sub 2 hours?

Well done!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well done.

I hope so.

But then men are stubborn creatures who don't like to take advice!"

Sorry my earphones were in what were you both saying....ahhh yes being sensible. I have a run tomorrow then nothing till next Tuesday and Thursday then 4 days in Spain no running

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Well done.

I hope so.

Sorry my earphones were in what were you both saying....ahhh yes being sensible. I have a run tomorrow then nothing till next Tuesday and Thursday then 4 days in Spain no running "

As long as you don't go back to your 5 minute per kilometre pace, that sounds good.

I'm jealous about the holiday in Spain though!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

Well done.

I hope so.

Sorry my earphones were in what were you both saying....ahhh yes being sensible. I have a run tomorrow then nothing till next Tuesday and Thursday then 4 days in Spain no running

As long as you don't go back to your 5 minute per kilometre pace, that sounds good.

I'm jealous about the holiday in Spain though!"

Yeah off to Saville with England! So 3 nights with the lads on the piss singing and having a bit of banter

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Well done.

I hope so.

I'm jealous about the holiday in Spain though!

Yeah off to Saville with England! So 3 nights with the lads on the piss singing and having a bit of banter "

You're going to Jimmy's?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

4 miles done last night

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"4 miles done last night "

Excellent! Well done boss

Did any of it involve hills?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"4 miles done last night

Did any of it involve hills? "

Yes. We start all of our Thursday night session at the top of a hill, so if you go down, you have to come back up.

The route last night was a gentle slope up.

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"4 miles done last night

Yes. We start all of our Thursday night session at the top of a hill, so if you go down, you have to come back up.

The route last night was a gentle slope up. "

good practice for the big day

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"4 miles done last night

The route last night was a gentle slope up.

good practice for the big day "

It's not as bad as it seems (apparently).

I'll recce this week and report back

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I did another 5k run last night, after only 2 weeks I’m back to the pace I was in June. Slow

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I did another 5k run last night, after only 2 weeks I’m back to the pace I was in June. Slow "

As I said above - slow is good. It means you get to take in more of the scenery

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

4km in sub 24mins just 23.56

Then cycled 6.4km after that - happy days

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"4km in sub 24mins just 23.56

Then cycled 6.4km after that - happy days "

I give up!

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I give up! "

Tbh I did take it easy

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I give up!

Tbh I did take it easy

"

Extrapolating it out, it would have been a sub-30 5k.

That is NOT taking it easy

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I give up!

Tbh I did take it easy

Extrapolating it out, it would have been a sub-30 5k.

That is NOT taking it easy "

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

I have finally realised on a trip to Decathlon tonight there is such a thing as a light that fits to your body rather than just on your head. As a glasses wearer am wondering if this is the way forwards

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I have finally realised on a trip to Decathlon tonight there is such a thing as a light that fits to your body rather than just on your head. As a glasses wearer am wondering if this is the way forwards "

Lots of people at my running club wear them. They are good at making you be seen (some even have a red light on the back).

I'm not sure how they are for seeing where you are going, so you could still trip over unexpected tree roots and potholes.

over a year ago

How do you join this club sounds just up my street xx

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"How do you join this club sounds just up my street xx"

Start running and let us know your progress

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

"I have finally realised on a trip to Decathlon tonight there is such a thing as a light that fits to your body rather than just on your head. As a glasses wearer am wondering if this is the way forwards

Lots of people at my running club wear them. They are good at making you be seen (some even have a red light on the back).

I'm not sure how they are for seeing where you are going, so you could still trip over unexpected tree roots and potholes."

Have ordered one for £6.30 from wish. I tend to stick to the same routes and none are that rough. Fingers crossed I feel upto running by the time it arrives!

over a year ago

I managed to do 1mile in the gym at a pace of 4.5mph increased to 5mph.

Next time I went which was 2days later I started but new I didnt have the will power over my legs.

Opted for the bike instead and done 9k in 30mins.

Yesterday I got 13k inside 40 mins.

My walking pace is 4mph.

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I have finally realised on a trip to Decathlon tonight there is such a thing as a light that fits to your body rather than just on your head. As a glasses wearer am wondering if this is the way forwards

I'm not sure how they are for seeing where you are going, so you could still trip over unexpected tree roots and potholes.

Have ordered one for £6.30 from wish. I tend to stick to the same routes and none are that rough. Fingers crossed I feel upto running by the time it arrives!"

Are you still not feeling well Harry?

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"I managed to do 1mile in the gym at a pace of 4.5mph increased to 5mph.

Next time I went which was 2days later I started but new I didnt have the will power over my legs.

My walking pace is 4mph. "

We all have days when the legs don't want to work!

Keep at it and you'll get there. Then suddenly you'll think, why did I ever think this was difficult?

over a year ago

My walking pace is 4mph.

We all have days when the legs don't want to work!

Keep at it and you'll get there. Then suddenly you'll think, why did I ever think this was difficult?"

I've had a whole year like that!!

By *arryJones1975Man
over a year ago

ely

Have ordered one for £6.30 from wish. I tend to stick to the same routes and none are that rough. Fingers crossed I feel upto running by the time it arrives!

Are you still not feeling well Harry?"

Congestion appears to be finally fading after a relatively relaxing weekend, but then again I thought this last Saturday and by the Sunday

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

Good morning FCRC

Managed to get 8 PR's and two 2nd best this morning

10km in 56:55, very happy with that

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

"Good morning FCRC

10km in 56:55, very happy with that "

Take it easy

By *nsatiable_nymphWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere down south

"Good morning FCRC

10km in 56:55, very happy with that

Take it easy "

Unlike you Michael, I know when to take it easy

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

My walking pace is 4mph. "

I have posted on here earlier. When I started back at gym in July I was running 1.8km in 15 mins - which is similar speeds to what you are doing (7.2km/h or 4.5m/h)

I am now more or less running 6.21 mph - or 4km in 24 mins

It does take time and you will notice your fitness improve. I often find that when starting it takes 3’days for calves and legs to recover. But do take that extra day!!!!!

Make sure at first you do lots of stretches before and after. You will find the bike will improve your fitness as well.

You will find a routine that works for you. Heads up lad

over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

New thread!!!!!

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/809166#message_17693282

Post new Message to Thread