Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s your favourite scene in film ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

From an acting and dialogue point of view.

Mine is the opening 20 minute scene in Inglorious Bastards, where Christoph Waltz’s character interrogates a French farmer, who is hiding a family in his house. The acting is incredible and the dialogue is Tarantino at his best.

It’s closely followed by the tavern scene in the same film.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

I'm ready, man. Check it out! I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out! Hey, Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out. Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

I had watched the first alien film the night before and was totally blown away by the intro at this point I was totally drawn in and thought finally the humans will win...

By *apillonNoirWoman
over a year ago

There...

The Russian roulette scene in The Deerhunter. I’ve not watched it without my hands over my eyes peering through my fingers despite knowing the outcome. Awesome acting.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

That bit in American Pie 2 where he uses superglue instead of lube

over a year ago

Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Pulps his hand punching Colossus in the cod piece... "Oh!... Your poor wife!". To be fair, I think he isn't having to act too hard though.

over a year ago

Office colleague, nurse, plumber

over a year ago

There are few in Gregory’s girl that spring to mind. Great film that.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Top Gun - Volley Ball scene -

over a year ago

"Top Gun - Volley Ball scene - "

So Homoerotic

over a year ago

Jaws, where Quint is talking about the USS Indianapolis being sunk. It gives me goosebumps.

over a year ago

"I'm ready, man. Check it out! I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out! Hey, Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out. Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

I had watched the first alien film the night before and was totally blown away by the intro at this point I was totally drawn in and thought finally the humans will win..."

Fucking awesome

over a year ago

"The Russian roulette scene in The Deerhunter. I’ve not watched it without my hands over my eyes peering through my fingers despite knowing the outcome. Awesome acting. "

Oh yeah, classic.

over a year ago

The one where he goes and gets her at work in his white uniform and carrys her away. Can’t for the life of me remember the film! I think it’s Richard Gere

over a year ago

An officer and a gentleman where Mayo gets in the ring with his instructor after getting on each other’s tits for weeks

over a year ago

"The one where he goes and gets her at work in his white uniform and carrys her away. Can’t for the life of me remember the film! I think it’s Richard Gere "

Officer and Gentleman

over a year ago

And the take my breath away scene in top gun. God I’m such a girl!

over a year ago

"The one where he goes and gets her at work in his white uniform and carrys her away. Can’t for the life of me remember the film! I think it’s Richard Gere

Officer and Gentleman"

That’s the one!

over a year ago

"The one where he goes and gets her at work in his white uniform and carrys her away. Can’t for the life of me remember the film! I think it’s Richard Gere "

Great minds think alike, same film I’ve just mentioned, an officer and a gentleman

over a year ago

Cocktail, new girl at the bar. “What can I get you”, “I’ll have a screaming orgasm” “how many would you like” “multiple”

over a year ago

Black Hawk Down - The Young lad gets shot in the leg and they try to clamp the artery. Heartbreaking.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Canteen scene, the watchmen.

over a year ago

"From an acting and dialogue point of view.

Mine is the opening 20 minute scene in Inglorious Bastards, where Christoph Waltz’s character interrogates a French farmer, who is hiding a family in his house. The acting is incredible and the dialogue is Tarantino at his best.

You won’t beat that

It’s closely followed by the tavern scene in the same film."

over a year ago

John Wick...night club scene,and all because they killed his dog,muppets

By *ugs and JunkCouple
over a year ago

Bellshill

The final fight scene in Leon when you think he’s getting away but gets killed

over a year ago

"The Russian roulette scene in The Deerhunter. I’ve not watched it without my hands over my eyes peering through my fingers despite knowing the outcome. Awesome acting. "

I love that film.

over a year ago

When Elsa thawed Anna’s heart in an act of true love. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

I’ll get my coat now

By *uckoldDesiresMan
over a year ago

Dublin

Has to be the opening scene in Full Metal Jacket!

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

Godfather ,Michael hides his father from the other families at the hospital.

The boy in the striped Pajamas when he swaps clothes.

Dog Day Afternoon, lots of scenes,

13 Hours Benghazi , where they take on the militia from the compound

over a year ago

All of the improvisation by R. Lee Ermey as Gunny Hartman in Full Metal Jacket.

Completely deranged but genius in it's delivery...

"I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around!"

over a year ago

Oh god there’s so many....

But one is Deathly Hallows part 2. When the golden trio are running through Hogwarts amongst all the war and destruction

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

Do I really look like a guy with a plan? You know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! You know, I just... *do* things.

The Joker - Heath Ledger

This one too

over a year ago

In Man on Fire, when the mum slaps the face of everyone in the room

over a year ago

"In Man on Fire, when the mum slaps the face of everyone in the room "

Great film that

over a year ago

End of Purple Rain, after Princes father shoots himself and he gets on the stage to play Purple Rain, goosebumps,

over a year ago

Also Goodfella's - Joe Pesci killing the bloke who insults him about shining his shoes

over a year ago

The bare necessities song/scene in the jungle book. Never gets old!

over a year ago

Mine has to be Snape and Dumbledore when Snape is confessing his love for Lily.

The sheer power of a simple word from Alan Rickman show that his superior acting skills know no bound

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"Mine has to be Snape and Dumbledore when Snape is confessing his love for Lily.

The sheer power of a simple word from Alan Rickman show that his superior acting skills know no bound"

Rickman was a fantastic actor. His Sheriff of Nottingham! And the his heart breaking turn in Truly Madly Deeply.

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Top Gun - Volley Ball scene -

So Homoerotic "

Just to clarify this is mine...AJ's .. Well one of many but that one is what immediately sprung to mind.

Wills is the opening of Saving Private Ryan

But on reflection there are so many, so perhaps depends on the mood at the time of the question...What can I say? I must be feeling horny

over a year ago

"Mine has to be Snape and Dumbledore when Snape is confessing his love for Lily.

The sheer power of a simple word from Alan Rickman show that his superior acting skills know no bound"

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

James Spader bathing Maggie Gyllenhaal at the end of The Secretary

By *icentiousCouple
over a year ago

Up on them there hills

When the sister says, ‘He is the kwisatz haderach ‘

Then all the women start bleeding.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

The moment when the doors open in phantom menace and darth Mail is standing there lifts up his arm ignites the double ended lightsaber

The music, the lack of talking just epic

over a year ago

The improvised speech by Robert Shaw as Quint in Jaws...

.... So, eleven hundred men went into the water, three hundred sixteen men come out, and the sharks took the rest, June the 29th, 1945

Anyway... we delivered the bomb.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

True romance. Christopher walken and Dennis hopper.

De niro in the whole of Goodfellas.

over a year ago

The sheer power of a simple word from Alan Rickman show that his superior acting skills know no bound

Rickman was a fantastic actor. His Sheriff of Nottingham! And the his heart breaking turn in Truly Madly Deeply.

"

I don’t think anyone would ever match what he bought to a role. He will certainly go down as one of the greats

By *otwifeinozCouple
over a year ago

sydney

The little red coat girl in Schindler’s list

By *olexMan
over a year ago

Hull

Santanico Pandemonium dance in From Dusk Til Dawn...possibly the greatest 5 minutes ever filmed.

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

"When the sister says, ‘He is the kwisatz haderach ‘

Then all the women start bleeding."

The Dreamer has awoken !

over a year ago

Tom Hardy In Legend

Pig & Whistle Barman: [notices the Kray twins walk into the bar] Never mind, they just walked in

Reggie Kray: Alright, can I have two Guinesses please?

Pig & Whistle Barman: Hang on a minute Reg, just gonna go down and change the barrel

[hides inside the basement anticipating a fight]

Mike Jobber: Reg, Ron. The Richardsons were unexpectedly engaged, so we're gonna look after you

Reggie Kray: Ah, it's alright, the landlord's gonna change the barrel for me. Don't mind if I pour myself a pint, would ya?

Ronald Kray: [Notices a weapon held by one of the mob] What is that?

Mike Jobber: Yeah what do you think, poof? It's a fucking tool

Ronald Kray: No it's not it's a fucking rolling pin. What are you, Fanny Craddock? What are you doing with that? Gonna bake me a cake? Sing me a song whilst I blow out me fucking candles?

Ronald Kray: [Lifts jacket, mimicking two guns in his pockets] I come here for a fucking shootout. A proper shootout with some proper men. Like Colonel Custer and Geronimo, you ever heard of them? No. Cause you're too busy in your pinny baking fucking fairy cakes, weren't ya?

Ronald Kray: [Turns to Reggie] Reg. This lot are fucking nonces to a man, they're fucking nonces. Get out of me fucking way, go on, get out, go on, fuck off. Call yourself a fucking gangster.

Ronald Kray: [Turns round angrily before walking out of the pub in a rage] A SHOOTOUT, RIGHT, IS A FUCKING SHOOTOUT! Like a western. WANKERS! Fucking embarrassing, waste of my time. FUCKING waste of my time!

Mike Jobber: Well your brother's done a runner

Reggie Kray: Nah he's just genuinely disappointed with you, that's all.

over a year ago

Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken going head to head in True Romance. An acting masterclass

That or Bob Hoskins in the back of the car at the end of The Long Good Friday. The emotions running through him. Two minutes of wordless perfection

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

Aliens

(Door rises, Ripley in a Power Loader)

[Clunk clunk clunk cluck clunk]

"Get away from her you bitch"

"Hheeeaaaggghhhhh"

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

The epic shoot out at the end of Django

The first time we see Quint in Jaws when he runs his finger nails down the blackboard, I was in love with Robert Shaw from then on

over a year ago

Hostel, where a group of kids were kicking a victims head around as if it were a football!

Blood Diamond, when Leo DiCaprio calls his fancy woman as he's laying dying whilst overlooking some beautiful African countryside.

Any movie when Denzil Washington says "My Man" to the bad guy. Seems to be his thing to say just like Arnie "I'll be back".

Goodfellas, the restaurant scene "Do I amuse you? Do I look like a fucking clown to you? Come on what's so funny?".

By *organ and rob zombieCouple
over a year ago

bradford

Dead mans shoes - too many awesome scenes really but favourite has to be when Gary stretch gets out of the car to try intimidate paddy considine! One of our top ten favourite films of all time!

over a year ago

Really depends on what personality I'm trying to impersonate at the time... but the most powerful for me has to be, the last scene in city of angels.

Even though it's a basic film, not even in my top 10, it still gets me every time. My interpretation is that 'seth' although has been dealt a bad hand, has realised that no matter what, we all return to where we started.

By *ud and BryanCouple
over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

The medieval reenactor zombies attacking the heroes in Gangsters Guns & Zombies.

Great scene because we're in it!

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

Possibly the car chase in Ronin

or maybe the classical music over the PA system in Shawshank

could be the execution of john coffey scene in Green Mile where they're all in tears

or the awesome monologue from Matt Damon in his NSA interview...or the dialogue with Robin Williams about his dead wife.

although it could just be the reaction of Cleavon Little (Sherriff Bart) when the sweet little old lady says 'up yours nigger'.....or when he first rides in to town....or Mongo punching the horse....or Lilly Von Sctupp on stage-

Lili Von Shtupp: Hello, cowboy. What's your name?

Tex: Tex, ma'am!

Lili Von Shtupp: "Texmam"? Tell me, Texmam, are you in show business?

Tex: Well, no...

Lili Von Shtupp: Then why don't you get your fwiggin' feet off the stage?

or maybe the fight scene.....no the fart scene....Aw, prairie shit...the whole film is brilliant

over a year ago

Step brothers when they’re fighting on the lawn and the mother screams ‘what the fucking fuck!?’

Class.

over a year ago

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you.

By *m389Man
over a year ago

Bromley

The scene where Andy crawls out of the tunnel of shit in Shawshank redemption and baths in the torrential rain.

over a year ago

The scene in E.T where E.T dies and they are trying to revive him and Gerty jumps when they are electric shocking him and she is crying. Michael waking up in the closet and the flower dies and Elliot is pulling the things off him and crying and then his mum appears behind him. The whole scene I find traumatic and upsetting and I always cry. I mean E.T comes back to life in the freezer in the next scene but it hurts my heart seeing all the kid's reaction to him dying.

over a year ago

The scene in The good the bad and the ugly where Tuco finally finds the graveyard and starts running from grave to grave whilst the camera spins faster and faster and Ennio Morricone's unbelievable soundtrack builds and builds. Always makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Other than that, pretty much any scene in the big lebowski.

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

Dirty Dancing.

The final scene from when Jonny turns up

over a year ago

"The scene in E.T where E.T dies and they are trying to revive him and Gerty jumps when they are electric shocking him and she is crying. Michael waking up in the closet and the flower dies and Elliot is pulling the things off him and crying and then his mum appears behind him. The whole scene I find traumatic and upsetting and I always cry. I mean E.T comes back to life in the freezer in the next scene but it hurts my heart seeing all the kid's reaction to him dying."

Omg this hurts my heart too

" ET I love you please don't die "

"E -li-ot"

over a year ago

The closing scene from Lost in Translation. What exactly did Bill Murray say?!

over a year ago

I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle...

(Watching it now in bed!)

By *oman wantedCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire/Liverpool/Manchester

A bronx tale. when the biker gang gets locked in 'now you can't leave' great scene x

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy “

over a year ago

"I'm ready, man. Check it out! I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do not want to fuck with me. Check it out! Hey, Ripley, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out. Independently targeting particle-beam phalanx. WHAP! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase plasma pulse rifles, RPGs. We got sonic, electronic ball-breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

I had watched the first alien film the night before and was totally blown away by the intro at this point I was totally drawn in and thought finally the humans will win..."

"Hey vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?" "No, have you?" Best quote from aliens

By *horecruxCouple
over a year ago

SE4

I had watched the first alien film the night before and was totally blown away by the intro at this point I was totally drawn in and thought finally the humans will win...

"Hey vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?" "No, have you?" Best quote from aliens"

The way she went out wasn't too bad either

By *mwstaffsMan
over a year ago

brownhills

"You bow to no one", as every body including the king bow to the hobbits

over a year ago

The most emotionally charged scene for me is in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) has just proved beyond any doubt that Tom Robinson is innocent but the jury find him guilty anyway.

As Atticus leaves the courtroom the entire public gallery stand as a mark of respect.

over a year ago

"From an acting and dialogue point of view.

It’s closely followed by the tavern scene in the same film."

Celine jumping out of the Bell tower. Oh my god!

over a year ago

Tony Montana ending scene in scarface the badass!!

over a year ago

the coin toss scene at the petrol station from no country for old men.

its really creepy but acted so well i even get nervous first time i watched it.

over a year ago

Scent Of A Woman, the lead up to and including the tango scene.

By *orny PTMan
over a year ago

Peterborough

The first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan. That's all I need to see to get my money's worth.

By *ensuallover1000Man
over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Any scene featuring Tommy Wiseau in The Room.

How this amazing actor/director was never nominated for an Oscar absolutely baffles me.

*cough*

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

The last few minutes of Pans Labyrinth.

I am maximus decimus... gladiator.

This. Is. Sparta!

Get off the phone! Wolf of wall street.

What's in the box (Se7en)

over a year ago

A time to kill when jury imaging it’s a white girl.

By *ightyandLeftyCouple
over a year ago

Funtown

From the Untouchables.

When Jim Maline (Sean Connery) is being stalked by the mob in his house.

"Isn't that just like a wop. Brings a knife to a gun fight.

Get outta here you Dago Bastard! Go on get your ass outta here!"

By *ediMan
over a year ago

Leeds

Interstellar- Father daughter wormhole connection scene with Hans Zimmer in the background

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

"All of the improvisation by R. Lee Ermey as Gunny Hartman in Full Metal Jacket.

"I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around!" "

You beat me to it, from what I heard that was not scripted either.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"All of the improvisation by R. Lee Ermey as Gunny Hartman in Full Metal Jacket.

"I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around!"

You beat me to it, from what I heard that was not scripted either."

That's one of my all time favourites, so quotable. " 5ft 9? I didn't know they stacked shit that high"

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

You beat me to it, from what I heard that was not scripted either."

He was brought in to coach an actor how to do his job. None could. He got it by standing there and screaming obscenities for half an hour without repeating himself.

Post new Message to Thread