Jump to newest

By *ak777 OP   Man
over a year ago

shaw

what do you think of him getting off with speeding ,i think it.s disgusting

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it shows him in a bad light and he got that one totally wrong. But then he has followed the law I guess with his appeal.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"what do you think of him getting off with speeding ,i think it.s disgusting"

I think if the charge wasn't correctly set out and he used this as his defence, the problem isn't his......

By *ot-AshMan
over a year ago

London

I wonder if we will get a rare smile from his Mrs?!

sounds like the CPS or prosecutors didn't put forward a proper case?

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

No one seems bothered about the police, camera partnership & cps not doing their job properly. If they had, he would have been successfully prosecuted. He’s just being used as a deflection for an incompetent failing system.

By *appyhumper123Man
over a year ago

hull

It would have cheaper to pay the fine then I suppose its not about the money he played the system and beat it, still it sends out the wrong signal to young kids who look up to footballers past and present

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"It would have cheaper to pay the fine then I suppose its not about the money he played the system and beat it, still it sends out the wrong signal to young kids who look up to footballers past and present "

Cheaper to pay the fine short term.

But if he'd lost his license he has to pay for a chauffer for a year. Not so cheap now.

Plus he loves driving so it was probably worth it to him.

over a year ago

He kept his licence, but his reputation hasn't come out of it well

He was doing 59 in a 40 zone with a shedload of points already on his licence. Lets hope when habitually driving like a selfish arsehole catches up with him with the inevitable smash no one is too badly injured or killed

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"He kept his licence, but his reputation hasn't come out of it well

He was doing 59 in a 40 zone with a shedload of points already on his licence. Lets hope when habitually driving like a selfish arsehole catches up with him with the inevitable smash no one is too badly injured or killed"

And of course, you have never ever ever in your life broken a speed limit, not even for 20 feet.

over a year ago

He didn’t.. the judge didn’t accept Mr. Loophole’s excuse that the notice was one day late. He’s being fined and 3 points.. If I can remember this correct

over a year ago

He was doing 59 in a 40 zone with a shedload of points already on his licence. Lets hope when habitually driving like a selfish arsehole catches up with him with the inevitable smash no one is too badly injured or killed

And of course, you have never ever ever in your life broken a speed limit, not even for 20 feet."

I've never picked up any points and I'm confident I've never done 59 in a 40 zone. Which isn't to say I've never sped, and I'm not really saying that.

9+ points on your licene. Driving at 59 in a 40. You really telling me that's indicative of safe driving?

over a year ago

I love the moral high ground people take

Yes what he did was pretty stupid

But like fuck you’d take the fine and points if you could get out of it.

HMRC, the DVLA, councils etc are all quick to come after you for any reason, even if genuine mistakes are made on your account.

If there’s a way to get out of something because of an error on their end, absolutely you take it.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I love the moral high ground people take

HMRC, the DVLA, councils etc are all quick to come after you for any reason, even if genuine mistakes are made on your account.

If there’s a way to get out of something because of an error on their end, absolutely you take it. "

Yep that’s how I see it too

over a year ago

Money talks.....

By *ortobello SionnachWoman
over a year ago

Dublin

"Money talks....."

Looks like its true in this case.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a poor reflection on his moral standing Imo. His behavior could have killed and injured many, so he should have been prepared to accept an appropriate punishment for it, without referring to a very expensive lawyer, to get off on a minor technicality.

He can afford a chauffer and the penalties incurred but has chosen the route of a low life. I'm hoping that he never gets any official UK award again.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

If there’s a way to get out of something because of an error on their end, absolutely you take it.

Yep that’s how I see it too "

I think that too. Most people would look for technicalities to get out of paying fines yet when a 'celeb' does it its a fucking outrage

By *lex46TV/TS
over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm pretty certain if any of us non celeb people were to argue that the notice was served a day late we would be told tough luck, your going to get punished or fined anyway.

over a year ago

Who cares?!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

If there’s a way to get out of something because of an error on their end, absolutely you take it. "

This.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Who cares?!"

The OP and bike monkey.

over a year ago

evesham

"I'm pretty certain if any of us non celeb people were to argue that the notice was served a day late we would be told tough luck, your going to get punished or fined anyway. "

I know lots of people that have got off fines for procedural and clerical errors. They weren't celebs

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

"I'm pretty certain if any of us non celeb people were to argue that the notice was served a day late we would be told tough luck, your going to get punished or fined anyway. "

Doesn’t matter who you are, if the rules for prosecution can be shown to have been exceeded then you have a better chance of getting the prosecution dropped.

I’ve got myself and a few others off parking fines by knowing and reading the regulations and terms of the notification- then finding a way round it. It’s usually quite simple- wrong signage, incorrect markings...

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

Like most rich people ...above the law ...gone down in my opinion.

Still bet he will not lose sleep over it

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

David who?

over a year ago

evesham

"David who?"

Yeah, right

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

"Like most rich people ...above the law ...gone down in my opinion.

Still bet he will not lose sleep over it"

He isn’t above the law. The legal system in his case was incompetent. That’s why he got away with it. He didn’t make the rules... just used them to his advantage.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

I could do with his lawyer. Just got a speeding ticket for an evening I was sat at home and wasn't using my car

By *anejohnkent6263Couple
over a year ago

canterbury

Oh I see ...

over a year ago

"No one seems bothered about the police, camera partnership & cps not doing their job properly. If they had, he would have been successfully prosecuted. He’s just being used as a deflection for an incompetent failing system. "

Tje problem is he stated je got the fine 1 day late, and this was accepted. If any of us said that would we be believed?!

Also his smug face snd stating he was releived he got off after admitting his guilt is bad for is reputation for an envoy of "fair play" . His attitude is what annoys me

over a year ago

"I could do with his lawyer. Just got a speeding ticket for an evening I was sat at home and wasn't using my car "

Your plates may have been cloned

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

"I could do with his lawyer. Just got a speeding ticket for an evening I was sat at home and wasn't using my car

Your plates may have been cloned"

That's what I'm thinking. Have no way of proving I was at home though

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Like most rich people ...above the law ...gone down in my opinion.

Still bet he will not lose sleep over it

He isn’t above the law. The legal system in his case was incompetent. That’s why he got away with it. He didn’t make the rules... just used them to his advantage."

This.

over a year ago

evesham

"I could do with his lawyer. Just got a speeding ticket for an evening I was sat at home and wasn't using my car

That's what I'm thinking. Have no way of proving I was at home though "

Ask for the evidence. They will have to provide a pic of the car so as long as its not yours you can prove it

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Ask for the evidence. They will have to provide a pic of the car so as long as its not yours you can prove it "

Good advice!!!!!!

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

You’ll have to appear in court and swear under oath that it was not you. I would be looking for any evidence you can to back up your claim. Did you make or receive any phone calls on the evening in question

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Ask for the evidence. They will have to provide a pic of the car so as long as its not yours you can prove it "

The only pic that they have provided is from distance and looks the right colour and possibly model but as the reg can't be seen I need to ask them for more evidence

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

You’ll have to appear in court and swear under oath that it was not you. I would be looking for any evidence you can to back up your claim. Did you make or receive any phone calls on the evening in question "

No I've checked. No calls or messages specifically at that time. So frustrating, I was just home alone

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Would it have been cheaper for him to have paid the fine, than hiring an expensive lawyer?

over a year ago

it was advertising, Victoria was promoting something and this was a way of getting cheap advertising

over a year ago

evesham

Ask for the evidence. They will have to provide a pic of the car so as long as its not yours you can prove it

The only pic that they have provided is from distance and looks the right colour and possibly model but as the reg can't be seen I need to ask them for more evidence"

Might be a long shot but I'd argue that as they can't provide clear evidence it isn't enforceable. I'd seek advice on if though.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Would it have been cheaper for him to have paid the fine, than hiring an expensive lawyer? "

But if he'd lost his license he has to pay for a chauffer for a year. Not so cheap now.

over a year ago

"Would it have been cheaper for him to have paid the fine, than hiring an expensive lawyer?

"

Some solicitors do a free initial consultation

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

So this bloke who is famous for kicking a ball around feels the law doesn't apply to him.

The magistrate was overawed by his wealth and 'status'. And accepted the word of an employee of a major car company who profit from his custom, that the notification arrived one day late?

Yeah I bet!

over a year ago

the majority if people would do the same thing!

If you could get off with it you would do it too.

By *oan of DArcCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow

I partly agree but in the court of public opinion celebrities pay a fortune to cultivate wholesome images.

Falling on his sword (and publicising he didn't have to) would have won him many PR brownie points.

over a year ago

evesham

"So this bloke who is famous for kicking a ball around feels the law doesn't apply to him.

The magistrate was overawed by his wealth and 'status'. And accepted the word of an employee of a major car company who profit from his custom, that the notification arrived one day late?

Yeah I bet! "

Does everyone really think David beckham is the only one to ever have used this clause to get off a speeding ticket?!

By *ak777 OP   Man
over a year ago

shaw

"what do you think of him getting off with speeding ,i think it.s disgustingthe majority if people would do the same thing!

If you could get off with it you would do it too."

no i would not ,he should be setting example to young people ,yes if i was doing 3 miles but not 19 miles in a 40 mile zone ,what the hell is he teaching is children .

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"Would it have been cheaper for him to have paid the fine, than hiring an expensive lawyer?

"

If he lost his licence, then this wouldn't have been his first rodeo, and he would deserve to lose it

over a year ago

"what do you think of him getting off with speeding ,i think it.s disgustingthe majority if people would do the same thing!

If you could get off with it you would do it too."

Plaease explain how?!

The magistrate believed their story, would they believe me? Could/should i risk a higher penalty if the judge doesn't believ me?

By *ANDA2Couple
over a year ago

Henley Arden

Do you have a mobile phone? If yes then your phone company can pin point the exact location of your phone.

It may be evidence that your location was not the same as your car.

By *ANDA2Couple
over a year ago

Henley Arden

You’ll have to appear in court and swear under oath that it was not you. I would be looking for any evidence you can to back up your claim. Did you make or receive any phone calls on the evening in question

No I've checked. No calls or messages specifically at that time. So frustrating, I was just home alone"

You don’t have to have made or received a call. Your mobile phone will automatically login to the nearest transmitter. That’s how they have been placing people at the scene of crimes.

over a year ago

Beckham has already been knocked back for the Knighthood he and his wife crave by the inland Revenue as he was involved in a tax avoidance scheme.

This little episode is not going to help them become Sir and Lady Beckham.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

Some solicitors do a free initial consultation "

Yes. An initial consultation for free. That's not quite the same as actually doing all the research, reviewing the evidence and actually rocking up in court to fight the case is it.

over a year ago

Some solicitors do a free initial consultation

Yes. An initial consultation for free. That's not quite the same as actually doing all the research, reviewing the evidence and actually rocking up in court to fight the case is it.

"

No but they'll give you the advice on whether to pursue it or not

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

No I've checked. No calls or messages specifically at that time. So frustrating, I was just home alone

You don’t have to have made or received a call. Your mobile phone will automatically login to the nearest transmitter. That’s how they have been placing people at the scene of crimes. "

There's nothing to say I left my phone at home though and drove to the location of the speeding ticket without it though

over a year ago

You don’t have to have made or received a call. Your mobile phone will automatically login to the nearest transmitter. That’s how they have been placing people at the scene of crimes.

There's nothing to say I left my phone at home though and drove to the location of the speeding ticket without it though "

I'd go and chat to the police. If your plate has been cloned it probably won't be just 1 speeding ticket you need to be worried about

over a year ago

There's nothing to say I left my phone at home though and drove to the location of the speeding ticket without it though

I'd go and chat to the police. If your plate has been cloned it probably won't be just 1 speeding ticket you need to be worried about"

over a year ago

I'd go and chat to the police. If your plate has been cloned it probably won't be just 1 speeding ticket you need to be worried about"

Thanks. I can't speak to them until tomorrow so I'm hoping it gets sorted

over a year ago

I'd go and chat to the police. If your plate has been cloned it probably won't be just 1 speeding ticket you need to be worried about

Thanks. I can't speak to them until tomorrow so I'm hoping it gets sorted "

I'd call them now tbh, god knows what they're upto in the meantime

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Thanks. I can't speak to them until tomorrow so I'm hoping it gets sorted

I'd call them now tbh, god knows what they're upto in the meantime "

The phone line is only open 10am til 4pm Mon to Fri

over a year ago

There's nothing to say I left my phone at home though and drove to the location of the speeding ticket without it though "

Don't they have to prove it was you driving? Doesn't sound like the pic even proves it was your car.

over a year ago

Where was the road he was caught on? There's some stupid speed limits in places. Out in the country and it's 40. If it was near a town it's a bit shit but he wouldn't have got off if there was no loop hole.

By *j48Man
over a year ago

Wigan

The paperwork was served out of time..

That's the rules

He's a dick for commiting the offence in the first place though. He's done it before and he'll do it again.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Don't they have to prove it was you driving? Doesn't sound like the pic even proves it was your car. "

The pic they have sent doesn't prove it was my car so from what I've read if I contest it they have to show me further evidence of why they think it's my car. Also from what I've read it's me who has to prove I wasn't driving rather than the other way around. I'm hoping it's a simple mistake and they've read the reg incorrectly but I'll find out tomorrow

over a year ago

Don't they have to prove it was you driving? Doesn't sound like the pic even proves it was your car. "

Actually, astonishingly no they don't have to prove who was driving., Thats why there is a market for those that would accumulate enough points to be banned, to pay someone else to take the blame (for a fee),

If no one takes the blame, the registered owner is tje scapegoat., yhe police can't be bothered

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

"It would have cheaper to pay the fine then I suppose its not about the money he played the system and beat it, still it sends out the wrong signal to young kids who look up to footballers past and present "

Fine would have been 70k and a possible ban. So how would it have been cheaper?

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

He was doing 59 in a 40 zone with a shedload of points already on his licence. Lets hope when habitually driving like a selfish arsehole catches up with him with the inevitable smash no one is too badly injured or killed"

Yup he is the only human to ever speed. What a selfish arsehole hole indeed.

over a year ago

Yup he is the only human to ever speed. What a selfish arsehole hole indeed. "

Plenty get done when they shouldn't have. , but because they're not rich/famous or influential they dont get off

By *xyzptlk088Man
over a year ago

Galway

Plenty get done when they shouldn't have. , but because they're not rich/famous or influential they dont get off"

And many ordinary Joe soaps get off on technicalities too. Quit the oul begrudgery bull and accept it.

over a year ago

evesham

Plenty get done when they shouldn't have. , but because they're not rich/famous or influential they dont get off"

No, because they don't use the loopholes that many many others do they get done. Mr Beckham has simply used the law to his advantage. I know many regular Joe's who have done the same with the same result.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

He didn't get off because he's rich and influential.

He got off because the paperwork wasn't correctly administered.

He's taken responsibility for speeding. Fair play.

But the responsibility for fucking up the paperwork isn't his.

*sniffs the air........

Thought so, the pungent aroma of envy.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 02/10/18 11:55:15]

over a year ago

Plenty get done when they shouldn't have. , but because they're not rich/famous or influential they dont get off

No, because they don't use the loopholes that many many others do they get done. Mr Beckham has simply used the law to his advantage. I know many regular Joe's who have done the same with the same result. "

Question of being believed. If i said "ive just got the fine through the post and it's a day too late" i doubt I'd be believed, yet someone with influence will be., simples!

over a year ago

He didn't get off because he's rich and influential.

He got off because the paperwork wasn't correctly administered.

He's taken responsibility for speeding. Fair play.

But the responsibility for fucking up the paperwork isn't his.

*sniffs the air........

Thought so, the pungent aroma of envy. "

Not really. When i was in the army, the Queen was due to visit, so the usual guard was supplemented by civil police. One famous(ish} person was driving out the gate and was plastered, not tipsy but full on d*unk. The cop, talked to him and let him go, he then checked my car and said how d*unk the famous guy was. If was me I'd have been prosecuted. I was so annoyed, i stopped and cslled tbe cops from a phonebox but nowt happened.

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

No, because they don't use the loopholes that many many others do they get done. Mr Beckham has simply used the law to his advantage. I know many regular Joe's who have done the same with the same result.

Question of being believed. If i said "ive just got the fine through the post and it's a day too late" i doubt I'd be believed, yet someone with influence will be., simples! "

Apart from the actual dates on the ducumentation not aligning eh.

No one would believe that would they?

If my understanding is correct, they didn't take his word for it though did they?

They actually looked at the physical evidence and the physical evidence agreed with his lawyer.

What is it about this that you're not getting?

over a year ago

Question of being believed. If i said "ive just got the fine through the post and it's a day too late" i doubt I'd be believed, yet someone with influence will be., simples!

If my understanding is correct, they didn't take his word for it though did they?

They actually looked at the physical evidence and the physical evidence agreed with his lawyer.

What is it about this that you're not getting?"

I am giving a general appraisal, not specific to beckam's case. If it were a number of days I'd agree, but in Beckhams case, 1 day?. He or someone else could have sat on it for one day

over a year ago

Victoria should have taken the points lol. He's deffo not going to get knighted now.

over a year ago

"Victoria should have taken the points lol. He's deffo not going to get knighted now. "

She could, the police don't care as long as they get a collar.

Nah hw shouldn't, not due to the offences but his cavalier attitude

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

What is it about this that you're not getting?

I am giving a general appraisal, not specific to beckam's case. If it were a number of days I'd agree, but in Beckhams case, 1 day?. He or someone else could have sat on it for one day"

It's not about his word.

The judge accepted the defence that the necessary paperwork wasn't correctly filed.

What the fuck has what DB says got to do with it?

It's got fuck all to do with his wealth or popularity. Or that he was actually speeding, which he admits.

It's whether the paperwork was right.

It wasn't.

Case not proven.

Capiche?

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Victoria should have taken the points lol. He's deffo not going to get knighted now.

Nah hw shouldn't, not due to the offences but his cavalier attitude "

You're saying he should be found guilty because of "his cavalier attitude"?

I hope you don't get called for jury service.

over a year ago

"Victoria should have taken the points lol. He's deffo not going to get knighted now.

Nah hw shouldn't, not due to the offences but his cavalier attitude

You're saying he should be found guilty because of "his cavalier attitude"?

I hope you don't get called for jury service. "

He shouldn't get his knighthood due to his attitude .. Jees!

over a year ago

"

I hope you don't get called for jury service. "

But I've practiced in tbe mirror shouting GUILTY!, hang em high n off with hid head!

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"

But I've practiced in tbe mirror shouting GUILTY!, hang em high n off with hid head! "

I actually believe you.

Fuck the evidence. He's a wrong un, look at his jumper.

over a year ago

"

But I've practiced in tbe mirror shouting GUILTY!, hang em high n off with hid head!

I actually believe you.

Fuck the evidence. He's a wrong un, look at his jumper. "

fucking bastard!

Post new Message to Thread