Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Treating yourself

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Is Christmas for you just about spending money on others or do you buy yourself a cheeky little present because there are great deals to be had?

I've just bought myself an iron and some kitchen knives.. 70% off so well happy!!

What items have you treated yourself too?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

not treated myself to anything this year, i usually treat myself to something kitchen related near christmas.. and mark treats himself all the time so it doesnt make a different LOL

but there is still time.. just depends on money this year!

over a year ago

I think if you have someone close you should spoil them all year around! i dont understand, when you hear about people / couples who only buy each other gifts at birthdays and christmas!

I love surprises when they're totally not expected and it's even better when you give them!!!

As for me i bought a wok last night from ASDA .... I know how to party dont I lol

over a year ago

Got a new loose bottom cake tin. Used to get a cake at Christmas called a Tunis cake, was a plain madeira with a chocolate topping and marzipan fruits in the middle. Can't find it anywhere now so gonna have a go at making one as only a few in the family like fruit cake. Wish me luck lol

over a year ago

"Is Christmas for you just about spending money on others or do you buy yourself a cheeky little present because there are great deals to be had?

I've just bought myself an iron and some kitchen knives.. 70% off so well happy!!

What items have you treated yourself too? "

a salad bowl, a shirt, 2 lambswool jumpers, a book

this christmas is workin out expensive

over a year ago

I spend loads on my family at xmas and it spoils it all really as i worrie i have not got the right things . I keep saying i will give them just money but thay will not have that as love to opening things up xmas morning. I just hate it seeing things in the sale after xmas makes me mad if i pay the full price. I Know people who spend just 10 pounds on each person and thats it ...... thay work so hard to find somthing really nice too . My lots are spoilt .

over a year ago

dont think the price of the gift matters its the thought thats gone into it

my exs family are very well off and always spent loads on my kids at xmas, where as my mother is disabeled so can not work and does not have a lot of money, one year my mum bought my daughter a little plastic tea set, must have only cost a few quid and my daughter playing with it every day for months, favoured it over all the hundreds of pounds the ex inlaws spent on her pressies

because kids dont care, money means nothing to them all they know if love and what they like playing with

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

bought myself new coat last week and getting a new handbag after christmas. ive spent about 5k on the house in the last three months so thought fuck it

over a year ago

Yes, I bought myself a new dress and a basque set to wear underneath... then I bought another basque because it was red and black and the first one black and gold... didn't want black straps showing under red dress...my excuse and sticking with it

over a year ago

"dont think the price of the gift matters its the thought thats gone into it

my exs family are very well off and always spent loads on my kids at xmas, where as my mother is disabeled so can not work and does not have a lot of money, one year my mum bought my daughter a little plastic tea set, must have only cost a few quid and my daughter playing with it every day for months, favoured it over all the hundreds of pounds the ex inlaws spent on her pressies

because kids dont care, money means nothing to them all they know if love and what they like playing with"

Know what you mean my x mother in law spoilt my kids rotten with prezzies and money, my Mum and Dad spoilt them rotten doing things and kids even now all grown up would rather spend time with them than their Nana .

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

i fancy one of them fancy coffee machines to put on the mantlepiece

over a year ago

and yes i have teated myself to a new t jacked should have been over 500 pounds got it for 120 ..... for when its cold at the horse shows. Was off ebay so i did take a risk not knowing if it would fit or not . Still with tags on and it fits , xx I had seen this t cost on the Dubrrys stand at the shows .

over a year ago

Mmmm i've been admiring sum gorgeous red sparkly 5" spikes, for a few weeks now... think Santa wont mind if i get em early? specially if there teamed up wi sum new nylons!!!

over a year ago

"dont think the price of the gift matters its the thought thats gone into it

because kids dont care, money means nothing to them all they know if love and what they like playing with"

Thats so sweet !!. You just gotta love kids aint ya !! They are just so innocent and honest...xx

over a year ago

I'm a bit of a clothes-a-holic so I buy clothes all year round, wasteful really but I like to feel I've got a bargain even if its only reduced by £1 so I'm constantly treating myself. I have bought a new dress for christmas day though.

I hate it when things are reduced just after christmas. I've bought a leather jacket for my son in River Island for £160 and if that bugger gets reduced to £70 on boxing day ill be really mad.

I tend to spoil the boys as I like them to open lots of things on christmas day. I've seen a gorgeous mink throw which I'd like and some cushions but I know the cushions will be reduced after christmas so I can wait and see. I always get perfume and I am always in need of it

over a year ago

I only give to the kids, they get money and let them decide, much better that way.

over a year ago

So far I have bought one christmas pressie, but have bought myself 2 latex dresses, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of boots, a new coat, a rug, a coffee table, latex bra....cuddly toy?

I asked my bank manager to cap my overdraught facility 3 months ago... and last month realized that they had fogotten to do it ....ooops

over a year ago

"So far I have bought one christmas pressie, but have bought myself 2 latex dresses, 3 pairs of shoes, 3 pairs of boots, a new coat, a rug, a coffee table, latex bra....cuddly toy?

"

Now we know how you got that bad back - lugging all that back to the car !

over a year ago

yep i treated myself to getting my car serviced and some new brakes...no money left for nice things..

over a year ago

Five new dresses,three pair shoes,latex stockings,perfume and make up.....and i.buy for my family never know when to stop sometimes one last pressie to buy for a very special person then im calling it a day.....unless something shouts buy me!!!!!

over a year ago

"

Now we know how you got that bad back - lugging all that back to the car ! "

Internet shopping darling! ...it was the weight of realizing what I'd done! ..... again

over a year ago

Got loads o bros n sis so we all agree an aboutish limit on pressies but you can go over for the little uns if ya like.

Post new Message to Thread