Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

tv signal probs

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

hi hopeing to chat wiv some techno buffs lol rite i have a digital tv ariel and up to yesterday was fun just usual freeze frames now and then but last nite lost al freeview stns on tv tv is a built in freeview joby have done a search and can only get 35 stations instead of the usual 100 plus on cheking outsideconection i have noticed the internal coax is wet and must b geting wet from ariel end not conection end question is would this water and dampness cause me to loose vitualy al freeview stations and if so does this meen i have to have coax replaced as i have noticed the internal coper wire is black i think due to water in coax ure opinoins and advice would be of help xxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Try an external digi/freeview box

It could be the TV as well as the other things you have mentioned re the wiring and the water

Also is the arial in your loft or on the top of the house. If that has come loose then that could possibly effect your signal strength which may or may not influence how many channels you recieve?

I'm rubbish with things like this , you sound like you know more than me. i hope you get it sorted!!!

over a year ago

Does anybody by you us a cb radio or a ham radio as we use to get lots of tv and radio interference by some person, We had to call ofcom in and they found out who was doing it and they took there radio Equipment away they also had big fine too for using it as they was using lots of power have alook for some big areials on roofs or at back of the houses etc.hope this helps

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

I have the same problem, built in freeview PLUS an external box and aerial booster but still lose signal.... the joys of living in the dip of the valley

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

update to signal isues lol had new coax fited as old one had moer water than the titatanic in it al ok again yay oh the joys of watching cbbees lol thanks guys

over a year ago

glad you got it sorted

By *xscotMan
over a year ago

Kingston

to be quite technical - the freeview signal is distributed on various bouquets each on a different frequency and from a slightly different place on the transmitter mast if your signal strengtha drops for any reason - you can loose a signal Water in the aerial is a good reason for that - also heavy rain does cut the signal strength down too - so now I have managed to bore you - just get a new cable fitted and make sure the connection at the ariel is in a watertight box

Post new Message to Thread