Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

social side of swinging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Please don't take this the wrong way as its just a personal opinion...but i don't see a point to the social sides of swinging, I'm guessing the main reason people come to Fab is to fuck...or be fucked ...not really to find friends...

Would you be comfortable introducing your Fab "friends" to your everyday life friends??

Like i said just personal opinion

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

depends what u mean as social side???...i dont meet for coffees for pre-arranging sex meets... but im happy attending parties clubs socials..its the best way to promote urself before starting to complain about not getting meets.

and who whats an idiot coming to a party that u have no idea how their social skills are????

over a year ago

Your view and others as well which works for you

I however see a big social side to swinging and enjoy the socials and the standing friendships made over the last thirty years if the scene

I have no real vanilla friends but pretty much everyone I know knows what I am and do

So yes I would introduce my friends (and actually have to some of my family lol)

Swinging works for different people in different ways and if you get out of it what you seek then it's working for you

Too me it's not just to meet and fuck it's a whole community if likeminded people and lasting friendships

Have fun and enjoy xx

over a year ago

Lol...do you interview them before you fuck........"sorry love your pronunciation of the English language is fucking shit ...put ya knickers back.on and fuck off" lol

over a year ago

and why not interview before -- i for one cant just do it with anyone

over a year ago

depends what you mean by social side of swinging

i always meet socially for a drink first time i meet someone, this is not because i want to make life long friends with them, far from it 99% of the guys i meet off here i only do one off meets with, however i am a single woman meeting men on a sex site there for meeting socially in a public place is a must for my own safty

over a year ago

I just mean the people looking for friends ...seems a little sad.....public meets are a good idea...safty and all that x

over a year ago

whoo hoo finally we agree on something

blimey mark it on the calendar lol

over a year ago

Lol.... Monday 12th December 04:46 lol

over a year ago

"depends what you mean by social side of swinging

i always meet socially for a drink first time i meet someone, this is not because i want to make life long friends with them, far from it 99% of the guys i meet off here i only do one off meets with, however i am a single woman meeting men on a sex site there for meeting socially in a public place is a must for my own safty"

I agree. I need to build up a rapport and meet socially before inviting someone into my home.

I'm surprised at women who just turn up to hotel rooms without meeting, even to ascertain if there's any sexual attraction.

But hey...all together now..."each to their own!"

over a year ago

"Would you be comfortable introducing your Fab "friends" to your everyday life friends??

"

i think id be more worried about introducing my every day friends to my fab friends lol

over a year ago

Personally i think theres a huge social side to swinging,i attend socials and chat to peeps online that i have no intention of playing with and ive made some really great friends with,so to me its not all about playing.we all have our own reasons for being here,know ive found what im looking for great friends and a fab friend with benefits ....perfect really.

over a year ago

I love the social side to swinging, in fact, prefer it than going on a vanilla night out! All my imediate family know I'm a swinger and I'd be more than happy to introduce my friends to them and have done so.

over a year ago

I like the social side to swinging and its not just sex for me. I enjoy the club scene, have met some lovely people.

over a year ago

The swinging scene.. this site and the clubs... all hold different aspects for me.

I use and abuse it as I wish. Sometimes I want a quick meet.. no small talk, just pure passionate fuck. Sometimes I meet and arrange something more than just the sexual side.

Having come out of a 12 year marriage and having no life.. this scene has given me a social life I never thought would be possible.

My friends and family are all aware of what I do (in fact my mum wanted to join me in Isis just last week to see what goes on... but that is a step too far for me!!)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i dont often meet for a pre meet drink etc but i have introduced swinging friends to vanilla friends, even my dad lol

i think there is a great social aspect t swinging though and have attended a few socials. it just good to spend time with people who are as liberated as you and you dont have to worry about talking about sex cos you might offend someone

over a year ago

"The swinging scene.. this site and the clubs... all hold different aspects for me.

I use and abuse it as I wish. Sometimes I want a quick meet.. no small talk, just pure passionate fuck. Sometimes I meet and arrange something more than just the sexual side.

"

thats just how i see it, 99% of the meets i have off here are single guys i arrange for one off meets, i have no intentions of being friends with every guy i shag....just being honest lol

however a night out with frinds is just that to me and i see nothing wrong with going to arranged social meets and having a good night out with like minded people

i have made some great friends via swinging, if you go to clubs and parties a lot your bound to keep bumping into the same faces and become friends

however my idea of a swinging friend is not the same as a real life friend, they are all friends but in their own way, even tho i become friends with people i have met thro swinging theres very very few who have ever been to my house and i dont see most that way

there is a social side to swinging and it can be good fun, i like having a night out with my real life friends and i like having a night out with swinging friends at socials, theres no harm in keeping your options open and having a bigger group of friends than one

over a year ago

"Please don't take this the wrong way as its just a personal opinion...but i don't see a point to the social sides of swinging, I'm guessing the main reason people come to Fab is to fuck...or be fucked ...not really to find friends...

Would you be comfortable introducing your Fab "friends" to your everyday life friends??

Like i said just personal opinion "

You wank a lot dont you. I mean a LOT!

over a year ago

"I love the social side to swinging, in fact, prefer it than going on a vanilla night out! All my imediate family know I'm a swinger and I'd be more than happy to introduce my friends to them and have done so."
yes i am the same as you and some of my swinger friends my bi girl friends i have known over 10 years and very close. Thay know my family been here at xmas and birthdays and weekends .

over a year ago

"Please don't take this the wrong way as its just a personal opinion...but i don't see a point to the social sides of swinging, I'm guessing the main reason people come to Fab is to fuck...or be fucked ...not really to find friends...

You wank a lot dont you. I mean a LOT! "

dont we all

over a year ago

dont we all "

Lol i guess a lot of us do as you dont have to talk to your hand.

over a year ago

Nah it's something I would like to become more involved in.

NS sex doesn't have the same resonance for me as it once did - still like it, but it's definately slipped down the priority list.

Using these forums has allowed me to get to know a whole new group of people who, had I used this site 'just to get a shag', I would have bypassed.

The next step for me is to put a few faces and personalities to the names by attending some socials - which is something I am very much looking forward to.

over a year ago

dont we all

Lol i guess a lot of us do as you dont have to talk to your hand. "

talk to the hand! cuz the face aint listenin

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

We fall down on the friends side of swinging - still good friends with the first couple we swapped with, some are on our face book too with our 'regular' friends and family. We have been introduced to parents and sprogs of swinging friends as we have introduced some to our family.

over a year ago

"Nah it's something I would like to become more involved in.

NS sex doesn't have the same resonance for me as it once did - still like it, but it's definately slipped down the priority list.

Using these forums has allowed me to get to know a whole new group of people who, had I used this site 'just to get a shag', I would have bypassed.

The next step for me is to put a few faces and personalities to the names by attending some socials - which is something I am very much looking forward to."

Dont forget to let me know where and when you going so I can avoid

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I absolutely would introduce them to my friend... i probably wouldn't say where i knew them from, but i would treat them like any other friend...

in a way you can tell that you have only been here 8 weeks.. and thats not an insult at all, it is a common attitude, it is the sex that brought us all here... but the community, and i will call it that, that keeps us here....

not everyone just wants to fuck, a lot of people, some see it as friendships and if it goes further than that, that that is most definatly a bonus....

we have see great friendships made, marriages, kids, people support others in times of pain,anguish and hurt...

It is a great community.... that is if you want to join it....

you don't have to if you don't want to...

no one is forcing it on you,

you can just do things your own way and be blissfully ignorant of all that i have just said... and that is absolutely fine... and no one will think worse of you...

but there is a whole world of clubs, and socials, and people that you are then missing out on....

the choice is yours.... you can do things your way, but don't ever think that your way is the only way to go about swinging....

all inclusivity... its a great thing! see us people who like to get to know people will even take you in...

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Yes, i am very comfortable ,my 40th birthday party was friends and family from all different parts of my life,a friend is a friend no matter how u met.

This isnt to say every mate i have on here is a friend, but that is no different to work or any other social situation.There are some u get close to, others for whom proximity is really all you have in common.

i think you are confusing nsa sex,which you want, and swinging,which many here want.

As to the point...meet socially and you pull...fact!

By *empting Devil.Woman
over a year ago

Sheffield

_abio i applaud you! And you know that i'm happy to introduce (some) vanilla friends to swinging friends - since i shoehorned one into the back seat with you and a scandalous lady and took him to a party cos he needed cheering up! I never expected to enjoy the social side of swinging, i started just wanting the frantic sex. But i've made some great friends along the way. I think its always true that the real gems are the ones you find when you're not looking. And i have some nilla friends i wouldn't put in the same room so why would it be different with swinging ones!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

each to their own m8

lots of people wont see any point in things other people do, mutual respect for personal choices at the end of the day.

over a year ago

"depends what you mean by social side of swinging

i always meet socially for a drink first time i meet someone, this is not because i want to make life long friends with them, far from it 99% of the guys i meet off here i only do one off meets with, however i am a single woman meeting men on a sex site there for meeting socially in a public place is a must for my own safty"

+1

By *he_original_poloWoman
over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

I guess a lot depends on what any of us consider to be the ‘social side’ of swinging.

To some it is having 2 or 3 couples over for dinner and a drink before humping each other silly.

To some it’s having a chat in the bar of a club with a few like minded people or nattering away to people in the jacuzzi whilst you’re eying up the talent.

To some it is a group of familiar people going away for the weekend, may be visiting other clubs around the country.

To some it is going to parties and catching up with old acquaintances as well as fucking a few new ones.

To some it means keeping in touch with old acquaintances who share similar interests, so you get to hear about parties and group sessions…. enabling you to put people in touch with others where there is potential mutual benefit.

Then there are the socials….. big social gatherings, smaller local social gatherings…. all a chance to suss out face to face who you may want to fuck in the future, without having to pretend to be best mates with all and sundry.

To some it just means meeting for a drink in the pub before going home to shag.

To some it just means having the emotional maturity to be able to communicate with the people you have shagged (after the event) without it being awkward or embarrassing.

To some it has nothing to do with calling every person you have ever fucked your BFF…. to some it has nothing to do with calling every person you have ever shared a forum or chatroom with your BFF..... but of course to some it will be.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I guess a lot depends on what any of us consider to be the ‘social side’ of swinging.

To some it is having 2 or 3 couples over for dinner and a drink before humping each other silly.

To some it’s having a chat in the bar of a club with a few like minded people or nattering away to people in the jacuzzi whilst you’re eying up the talent.

To some it is a group of familiar people going away for the weekend, may be visiting other clubs around the country.

To some it is going to parties and catching up with old acquaintances as well as fucking a few new ones.

To some it means keeping in touch with old acquaintances who share similar interests, so you get to hear about parties and group sessions…. enabling you to put people in touch with others where there is potential mutual benefit.

Then there are the socials….. big social gatherings, smaller local social gatherings…. all a chance to suss out face to face who you may want to fuck in the future, without having to pretend to be best mates with all and sundry.

To some it just means having the emotional maturity to be able to communicate with the people you have shagged (after the event) without it being awkward or embarrassing.

To some it has nothing to do with calling every person you have ever fucked your BFF…. to some it has nothing to do with calling every person you have ever shared a forum or chatroom with your BFF..... but of course to some it will be.

"

totally agree..

now here is where i sound like a lemon, what is a BFF pls?

By *in4sumMan
over a year ago

sheffield

The social side of swinging is pretty essential. It's a community of sorts, as _abio said, and as such involves networking. That's why some of the people who charge in with few social skills get frustrated by a lack of success?.

Also, the social side is bloody good fun

over a year ago

Best Friends Forever

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Best Friends Forever"

Thanks

over a year ago

"I guess a lot depends on what any of us consider to be the ‘social side’ of swinging.

"

Spot on.

over a year ago

We love the social side of swinging, we have made lots of good friends through swinging, invite them to our vanilla bbq's/parties. we attend parties with them too

Some of them we met but never played with, some of them we met and have played with. but it doesn't effect how well we get on as "normal" people.

Equally there are some people in the scene we would play with, but wouldn't get on with on a social level because our tastes are just too different but they are usually people we have met in clubs rather than from the site.

over a year ago

Some on here and on my friends list i have known for years and have shared normal times with on numerous occasions

Dont actually think that some people understand that fact fully

If you want to fuck and run then fine lots do

But we aint all the same thank goodness xx

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

See im not sure if its just me, but i struggle with the "friends" thing on here...those that i consider my friends know who they are, but i have a lot of acquaintances on here ...people bandy the word "friend" too much on here in my opinion of course

over a year ago

i like a connection when i fuck them but its not written in stone.

sometimes i stay in touch sometimes i dont

over a year ago

Like i said just personal opinion See im not sure if its just me, but i struggle with the "friends" thing on here...those that i consider my friends know who they are, but i have a lot of acquaintances on here ...people bandy the word "friend" too much on here in my opinion of course "

true that. i pick my friends a bit more carefully. theres a big diff between a close friend and an acquaintance. even one ur fucking

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Like i said just personal opinion See im not sure if its just me, but i struggle with the "friends" thing on here...those that i consider my friends know who they are, but i have a lot of acquaintances on here ...people bandy the word "friend" too much on here in my opinion of course

true that. i pick my friends a bit more carefully. theres a big diff between a close friend and an acquaintance. even one ur fucking "

We agree on something...shocked n stunned here

over a year ago

Like i said just personal opinion See im not sure if its just me, but i struggle with the "friends" thing on here...those that i consider my friends know who they are, but i have a lot of acquaintances on here ...people bandy the word "friend" too much on here in my opinion of course "

mmm femme but ur my BFF

(boob fantasy female)

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Like i said just personal opinion See im not sure if its just me, but i struggle with the "friends" thing on here...those that i consider my friends know who they are, but i have a lot of acquaintances on here ...people bandy the word "friend" too much on here in my opinion of course

mmm femme but ur my BFF

(boob fantasy female)"

mop up ya drool and behave

over a year ago

mmm femme but ur my BFF

(boob fantasy female)mop up ya drool and behave "

oooh this IS salty!

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

mmm femme but ur my BFF

(boob fantasy female)mop up ya drool and behave

oooh this IS salty! "

over a year ago

For me, I personally like some social aspect. I dont fuck a woman based on looks alone. A good sense of humour works wonders for me. I think its a reason i have kept my regulars

But as you say mate everyone is different and if it works for you then great!

over a year ago

Slightly off topic but still related to the ‘social side’ of swinging.

You’re at a club minding your own business…. seeking a bit of sexual entertainment in relative anonymity… and some fecker plonks themselves next to you and the first words out of their mouth are “so you’re polo” Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I just know what’s coming next…. They start nattering on like they know you, reciting fucking posts from months and years ago, telling you what they loved about a funny line or something or other……… acting like they know you and you should not only know who they are, but should be treating them like a long time friend who you haven’t seen for ages. They start asking “did you see my post on…. blar blar blar”…. See your post? I don’t have a fucking Scooby Doo who you are!

Honestly it gets right on my tits.

Just because you have read my username, it doesn’t make us bosom buddies!

And then… there’s always one who takes it one step further…. and becomes your fucking cheerleader! “Go on polo…. weyhey polo go for it… that’s polo, go on gal show him how it’s done”

FUCK OFF!

over a year ago

"Slightly off topic but still related to the ‘social side’ of swinging.

You’re at a club minding your own business…. seeking a bit of sexual entertainment in relative anonymity… and some fecker plonks themselves next to you and the first words out of their mouth are “so you’re polo” Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I just know what’s coming next…. They start nattering on like they know you, reciting fucking posts from months and years ago, telling you what they loved about a funny line or something or other……… acting like they know you and you should not only know who they are, but should be treating them like a long time friend who you haven’t seen for ages. They start asking “did you see my post on…. blar blar blar”…. See your post? I don’t have a fucking Scooby Doo who you are!

Honestly it gets right on my tits.

Just because you have read my username, it doesn’t make us bosom buddies!

And then… there’s always one who takes it one step further…. and becomes your fucking cheerleader! “Go on polo…. weyhey polo go for it… that’s polo, go on gal show him how it’s done”

FUCK OFF!

"

I'll remember this post when i go down on u

By *onnoisseur100Man
over a year ago

Woking-ish

"Would you be comfortable introducing your Fab "friends" to your everyday life friends??

i think id be more worried about introducing my every day friends to my fab friends lol"

Yes we'd want to fuck them as well.

over a year ago

"

I'll remember this post when i go down on u"

You'll likely still be 27 inches away from me when you go down.... if you start with "so you're polo"

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Now im not sure if its just me but the thought of Raisalaff trying to overpower Polo is making me giggle like a giggly thing

over a year ago

"

I'll remember this post when i go down on u

You'll likely still be 27 inches away from me when you go down.... if you start with "so you're polo""

I never said id even bloody talk, shhh am busy,tongue plundering ya...

over a year ago

"Now im not sure if its just me but the thought of Raisalaff trying to overpower Polo is making me giggle like a giggly thing "

*control and restraint i was great at for work lol

over a year ago

i think id be more worried about introducing my every day friends to my fab friends lol"

I dunno ... If you have become real friends they will understand and are probably just the same as you and would keep "mixed" meets to the friendly only I am sure. For goodness sake, open minds?

By *weet threesome wifeCouple
over a year ago

Kilrea

agree to a large extent with OP we didnt cum here to make friends lets face it real friend in the "normal" sense dont fuck, but people we have met we have remained friendly with and made some friends here, however i wouldnt mix both nore(no offence to anyone)would i want too as both are seperate lives, had some i met ask to be added to on my facebook, the answere was no to that as well, that is my family, family friends, and friends, i do not want anyone to know of this side of our life and will stay that way, to much to risk and to easy to let slip up

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"_abio i applaud you! And you know that i'm happy to introduce (some) vanilla friends to swinging friends - since i shoehorned one into the back seat with you and a scandalous lady and took him to a party cos he needed cheering up! I never expected to enjoy the social side of swinging, i started just wanting the frantic sex. But i've made some great friends along the way. I think its always true that the real gems are the ones you find when you're not looking. And i have some nilla friends i wouldn't put in the same room so why would it be different with swinging ones! "

i think that is the case...

there are people who i would absolutely introduce to my vanilla friends and there are some that i wouldn't let within a million miles.. its not that i don't trust them, i just think they would probably have nothing in common....

but the one thing I wouldn't do is have a blanket rule over it...oooh.. blooming eck, all them swingers eh!!!

just like everything else... its all individual

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

I enjoy the social side of swinging, Have made some very good friends and have meet some good people as well.

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"I enjoy the social side of swinging, Have made some very good friends and have meet some good people as well.

"

there's always an exception to the rule though lol

over a year ago

i enjoy the social side to a meet a few drinks a laugh then let the fun begin but there are times when you talk to a person or people alot before meeting therefore you have said what you wanna say and get straight down to it. its still nice to have a chat a drink its just being polite. but each to there own.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Most of my friends are swingers. My vanilla friends are all aware of my lifestyle, and have on several occasions mixed together.

The majority of my friends are swingers, but I haven't played with all of them. When I first joined a swinging site, I was basically there to get laid, and nothing else, then someone (not a million posts above)took me to my first munch, and it went downhill from there!!

I could stop having sex with people if I decided to settle down, however, I would never leave the scene completely, I love it too much.

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple
over a year ago

London

If the scene didn't have a massive social side to it we wouldn't be involved.

Anyone who doesn't get that aspect of it, well, enough said really.

Post new Message to Thread