FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it a good time to buy a second hand car?

Jump to newest

By *UNCHBOX OP   Man
over a year ago

folkestone

My car is on it's last legs, and wont last much longer, so i will be looking to get a second hand car. Im a bit out of touch when it comes to buying second hand cars, so any advice would be welcomed.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

buy privately from someone who is desperate for cash for christmas... cruel but cheap lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

go to parkers used car website so you know what a normal evaluation of the car you want would be.....

then go to the autotrade website... and see what they can offer... and haggle where needed...

over a year ago

"buy privately from someone who is desperate for cash for christmas... cruel but cheap lol"

Yep. Best time to buy is between december to march when xmas and bills need paying for.

Check the tyres for wear, oil filler and dipstick for clean oil (if its got a browny coloured mayonaise walk away), check steering lock to lock for any noises and clunking sounds if its fwd, check paperwork tallies for chasis number and engine number, look underneath for signs of rust and give any suspect areas a hard knock to make sure its solid.

Good luck.

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

Basically pay one of the motoring organisations to carry out a full check for you. But whatever you do dont at all cost buy a diesel car which is fitted with a DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) Google DPF problems!!!

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I have a lovely little nissan micra essenza for sale . 2007 convertable in black. 15 thousand miles all leather interior.

over a year ago

Have a nosy at the showroom near canterbury east station.

By *arambarMan
over a year ago

swindon

Only buy Japanese or German cars.

over a year ago

i think its a good time if u have the money this time of the year.

one thing u will find out if its damp inside.check floors roof lineing boot and round the windscreen

lol x

Post new Message to Thread