Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What is your opinion.......?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I recently had a conversation via PMs with a lady who I have never met before, she had replied to a message sent by me with her first name and within a few minutes she said her lastname was **** then proceeded to ask for my full name? I found this a bit uncomfortable as I didn't want to divulge too much info before meeting her and her husband.... Who it turns out works on the same site as me! I would be interested to know how you guys would handle this because she turned round and said 'If you don't tell us your real full name then we won't meet you!'

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Why not make up a name then? I would not give out my full name to someone we have not met before there is no chance...

By *innamon!Woman
over a year ago

no matter

I been on different sites nearly 7 years and no one ever has my real name despite going to several socials. Dont think it is necessary .Do you really want to get involved with people you work with ?

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Run for the hills....

over a year ago

We would be very wary about someone wanting to know so much even before a meet.

We don't accept friends invites until after we've met people, this way we can decide whether we like them enough to meet again. A lot of people don't like this, but we find it works for us.

over a year ago

"Why not make up a name then?

"

I stuck with saying my name was Craig but she actually seemed to get upset when I wouldn't tell her my real name, because she 'promised!' The name she had given me was real!!

I know there needs to be some level of assurance and trust between people on sites like this but I don't think anyone should tell total strangers their real names until they are 100% positive they can be trusted!

over a year ago

I think it'd be a goodnight from me!

No no ono!

over a year ago

I stuck with saying my name was Craig but she actually seemed to get upset when I wouldn't tell her my real name, because she 'promised!' The name she had given me was real!!

I know there needs to be some level of assurance and trust between people on sites like this but I don't think anyone should tell total strangers their real names until they are 100% positive they can be trusted!"

As View said... run for the hills!

Why on earth would anyone need to know your full real name to agree to meet for NSA sex???

over a year ago

Its dodgy - there's no need for anyone to know your real name, just say no I don't want to divulge that info, if she won't meet then, well it was obviously nev er intended

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Run now, anyone that puts conditions on a meet that is uncomfortable to you, dont go there

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I would'nt give details like that to anyone,its not needed

Having said that someone once gave me their full name

I googled it for a laugh and it came back with a story about a guy that had been caught being rude with a horse!

over a year ago

"I would'nt give details like that to anyone,its not needed

I googled it for a laugh and it came back with a story about a guy that had been caught being rude with a horse! "

over a year ago

How do you know she told you her real name?

over a year ago

I wouldn't give out my real name to anyone on here that I have just started chatting to, those I have met socially but don't want to meet again, in fact realistically no-one needs to know and I don't want or need to know their full name either. Only those that have become close friends know.

If they choose to blackmail you, don't meet them its as simple as that

By *arnaclebillMan
over a year ago

Robin Hood County

"I recently had a conversation via PMs with a lady who I have never met before, she had replied to a message sent by me with her first name and within a few minutes she said her lastname was **** then proceeded to ask for my full name? I found this a bit uncomfortable as I didn't want to divulge too much info before meeting her and her husband.... Who it turns out works on the same site as me! I would be interested to know how you guys would handle this because she turned round and said 'If you don't tell us your real full name then we won't meet you!'"

I thought that all the men on this site were called John Smith

over a year ago

"I recently had a conversation via PMs with a lady who I have never met before, she had replied to a message sent by me with her first name and within a few minutes she said her lastname was **** then proceeded to ask for my full name? I found this a bit uncomfortable as I didn't want to divulge too much info before meeting her and her husband.... Who it turns out works on the same site as me! I would be interested to know how you guys would handle this because she turned round and said 'If you don't tell us your real full name then we won't meet you!'"

don't meet.

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

I googled it for a laugh and it came back with a story about a guy that had been caught being rude with a horse! "

lol

although on the positive side.

i did leave that horse,totally sexually satisfied.

By *stwoCouple
over a year ago

anywhere

quite simple answer really.we wont be meeting then.bye

Forum Mod

over a year ago

I googled it for a laugh and it came back with a story about a guy that had been caught being rude with a horse!

lol

although on the positive side.

i did leave that horse,totally sexually satisfied. "

SAUCY!

I was'nt going to name and shame

over a year ago

We like to use some discretion for both parties involved.

Names and locations aren't top of the list for us to get to know someone on first contact.

Obviously if you are going to meet at some point, then it should be left to the people involved to agree how much information they all want to share, forcing any names, locations etc is well out of order and we would steer clear and move on.

over a year ago

I decided it was best not to use my real name, only trouble is i met a man recently who asked me what my real name was and i told him, now i feel like an idiot.

By *earhugs1Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Would never give our full names and cant think of a single valid reason they would need urs. Would def not meet. Next! X

over a year ago

Okay I guess I'm normal then because I think along the same lines as you!

Thank you

By *umourCouple
over a year ago

Rushden

Well, we always use our real first names. Too confusing trying to remember to answer to a false name! So we are Pete & Les

Our second name IS Rumour!

(It's OK Les, I think that threw em off the scent! )

Well, that is the name we use whenever we are asked by strangers, even people who may not be from the scene!

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

I know there needs to be some level of assurance and trust between people on sites like this but I don't think anyone should tell total strangers their real names until they are 100% positive they can be trusted!

As View said... run for the hills!

Why on earth would anyone need to know your full real name to agree to meet for NSA sex???

"

i agree...the only people who know my full name are ones who are good friends,and then only cos they are on my facebook page.

i would be worried about why she needed to know.

over a year ago

Whny not tell her your name is Craig Todd - decended from the infamous Sweeney Todd, and that you have a propensity for naked women tied to a barber's chair you have installed in your basement. Tell her you like knives too.

over a year ago

"Whny not tell her your name is Craig Todd - decended from the infamous Sweeney Todd, and that you have a propensity for naked women tied to a barber's chair you have installed in your basement. Tell her you like knives too.

"

Well said Wilma...;-);-)

[Oops... ]

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We use our real first names (would get too confused if we didn't)

Really don't see why someone would need to know your surname. Not something we would give out freely.

(Only 2 couples that we have know and met for a few years know ours)

By *inaTitzTV/TS
over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Knowing someone's real name is totally irellevant to a meet. Personally, I'd feel very daft if they kept calling me 'John Smith' when I was sat there in skirt and heels, etc.... Talk about a mood killer!

over a year ago

I can see no valid reason why anyone would need to know your full name. We've never been asked our names by anyone. We are happy to give our first names but we'd never give our surname, there is simply no need for anyone to know and if they get upset because we didin't tell them, I'm afraid it would be a case of, Goodbye, nice to have spoken with you'

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"I can see no valid reason why anyone would need to know your full name. '"

another friend on Facebook

Post new Message to Thread