Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

New Batman discussion thread

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As news hits us batfans of Afflecks inevitable departure from the role the question sparks debate amongst us who could fill batmans (and bruces) boots there's a vast amount of rumours floating around but who would you wanns see don the cowl and cape also who would you thinl would make a great villain

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Gerard Butler

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler "

Actually i wouldn't mind seeing him try an interesting choice my other go to would be tom hardy except that he's now signed up to venom

over a year ago

DC need to learn how to write good films and get the use of CGI right first.

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler

Actually i wouldn't mind seeing him try an interesting choice my other go to would be tom hardy except that he's now signed up to venom "

Oh he would’ve been good

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler

Actually i wouldn't mind seeing him try an interesting choice my other go to would be tom hardy except that he's now signed up to venom

Oh he would’ve been good "

Ive also thought that niel Patrick harris would make a superb riddler

By *LT22Man
over a year ago

Teddington

Gerard Butler mmm in my opinion 2nd rate actor could not fill the cape, Tom Hardy a great choice he is going to be working on my mates film in the New Year, a great actor.

Michael Keaton and Christian Bale a very hard act to follow.

over a year ago

"DC need to learn how to write good films and get the use of CGI right first."

How do u mean in my personal opinion dc movies are far more entertaining then marvel o recently watched the nee ant man film and although i found it was good i just find marvel films to family friendly dc films i find are more dark which i prefer but then im a massive batman fan so im abit biased

over a year ago

How do u mean in my personal opinion dc movies are far more entertaining then marvel o recently watched the nee ant man film and although i found it was good i just find marvel films to family friendly dc films i find are more dark which i prefer but then im a massive batman fan so im abit biased

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

Totally agree with this. You would think with the amount of money they plough into these films they could spend a bit more and get good writers. The Batman Vs Superman, 3hrs of whining about dead fathers

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler mmm in my opinion 2nd rate actor could not fill the cape, Tom Hardy a great choice he is going to be working on my mates film in the New Year, a great actor.

Michael Keaton and Christian Bale a very hard act to follow."

I dont rate bale very high in my list tbh he's at best mediocre for me it goes

1: keaton

2: west

3: kilmer

4: Wilson

5: clooney

6: lowry

7: Affleck

8: bale

By *LT22Man
over a year ago

Teddington

Clooney no way he should not be on the list. Fully agree with Keaton NO'1 Kilmer was very good.

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I can't see Hardy pulling it off,to be honest.

I think Nicholas Cage should be given a crack at the role since he missed out on Superman, haha.

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I've never been a huge fan of Clooney as an actor, though recently he's done a couple of good films, but had to respect him when he apologised for the batman fiasco in a press release, made me laugh.

over a year ago

"Clooney no way he should not be on the list. Fully agree with Keaton NO'1 Kilmer was very good."
aside from the cheesy layout batman and robin was it dif have its good points i mean clooneys batmobile looked awesome i actually liked his cowl layout too and tbh as much as i hate to admit it clooney played a brilliant bruce wayne wasnt so good as batman but as bruce he was good like Affleck his batmans abit lame but his bruce is spot on

over a year ago

"I can't see Hardy pulling it off,to be honest.

I think Nicholas Cage should be given a crack at the role since he missed out on Superman, haha.

"

cage as batman hmmmm nah i cant see it tbh he just doesn't ooze that presence you need for wearing the suite but each to there own lol

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Clooney was to warm & likeable to be Bruce Wayne,he was a very guarded & withdrawn character, he didn't want to make connections with the general public, unless they had something that helped him. Bit of an ass really, haha.

By *LT22Man
over a year ago

Teddington

I can see where you are coming from but Batman is Batman Bruce is second. Agree Clooney's Batmobile, costumes etc where the business but he just did not cut the mustard for me.

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

cage as batman hmmmm nah i cant see it tbh he just doesn't ooze that presence you need for wearing the suite but each to there own lol "

Oh God!! Please understand I was joking!! Haha

I'm not sure what roles Cage suits, but this just isn't one. Neither is the Superman one, which he was given a 2 million retainer for? Or Ghost Rider.

He's the touch of death on any superhero films, maybe he should have played Green Lantern....

over a year ago

Alot of people say im mad to have bale last but i just didn't enjoy his version of the dark knight

over a year ago

cage as batman hmmmm nah i cant see it tbh he just doesn't ooze that presence you need for wearing the suite but each to there own lol

Oh God!! Please understand I was joking!! Haha

I'm not sure what roles Cage suits, but this just isn't one. Neither is the Superman one, which he was given a 2 million retainer for? Or Ghost Rider.

He's the touch of death on any superhero films, maybe he should have played Green Lantern...."

Didn't need to ryan Reynolds did fine on his own

By *LT22Man
over a year ago

Teddington

Cage 3rd rate actor only got his movie roles due to his Uncle

over a year ago

Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Alfred - robert de nero / patrick stewart

Joker - willum defoe

Harley quinn - juliette lewis

Poison ivy - elizabeth hurley / marlin manson

Riddler - neil patrick harris

over a year ago

"DC need to learn how to write good films and get the use of CGI right first.

How do u mean in my personal opinion dc movies are far more entertaining then marvel o recently watched the nee ant man film and although i found it was good i just find marvel films to family friendly dc films i find are more dark which i prefer but then im a massive batman fan so im abit biased "

Oh I agree, DC has the capacity to go darker. But that counts for crap in a film if your screen writing, dialogue and camera work/CGI don't match it.

They are meant to be the grittier/less inhibited version of Marvel, they have to start punching like they do.

Might be good if they drop superman for a bit. It's hard to write a good script around someone who is weak to something very scarce.

over a year ago

"Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Joker - willum defoe

Riddler - neil patrick harris"

Sorry i couldn't get past cranston as batman

over a year ago

"Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Joker - willum defoe

Sorry i couldn't get past cranston as batman "

Matt Damon just to one up ben afflek haha. I dont think theres any new actors that suit playing batman, everybody I can think of are older generation

over a year ago

Travis Fimmel

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler

Oh he would’ve been good

Ive also thought that niel Patrick harris would make a superb riddler "

To be fair the guy who plays the riddler in the Gotham series plays the part amazing!

over a year ago

"Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Joker - willum defoe

Riddler - neil patrick harris"

Is this a joke answer

over a year ago

"Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Joker - willum defoe

Is this a joke answer "

Only brian cranston is a joke as I cant think of anybody to play batman, he would look funny in a pair of tights

over a year ago

Gritty actors not mentioned yet... Daniel Craig, Michael Shannon, Liam Neeson (already been in it but what the heck )

Leonardo Di caprio as the riddler?? Haha

over a year ago

"Batman - bryan cranston

Robin - chris pratt

Joker - willum defoe

Is this a joke answer

Only brian cranston is a joke as I cant think of anybody to play batman, he would look funny in a pair of tights"

Chris Pratt is too big to play robin, he’s meant to be like a small version of batman...

Robert de Niro definitely not Alfred, he’s not meant to look gangsta

Willem dafoe actually isn’t a bad shout, but he’s abit old for the part if it’s a ‘young’ batman

over a year ago

"Gritty actors not mentioned yet... Daniel Craig, Michael Shannon, Liam Neeson (already been in it but what the heck )

Leonardo Di caprio as the riddler?? Haha "

I don’t think Craig would put off the voice,

Neesons abit ‘old’ for the part, Shannon’s always more of a villain than a good guy

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

Ryan Reynolds as Bat man, filmed in the style of Deadpool...

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler

Oh he would’ve been good

Ive also thought that niel Patrick harris would make a superb riddler

To be fair the guy who plays the riddler in the Gotham series plays the part amazing! "

I actually totally agree with you there also i think shaun pertwee should be Alfred in the films because he rocks it in Gotham

over a year ago

"Ryan Reynolds as Bat man, filmed in the style of Deadpool... "
.... why not just watch deadpool?

over a year ago

"Gritty actors not mentioned yet... Daniel Craig, Michael Shannon, Liam Neeson (already been in it but what the heck )

Leonardo Di caprio as the riddler?? Haha

I don’t think Craig would put off the voice,

Neesons abit ‘old’ for the part, Shannon’s always more of a villain than a good guy

"

Maybe give Jason statham a crack at it but only of he can hide his cockney accent

over a year ago

"As news hits us batfans of Afflecks inevitable departure from the role the question sparks debate amongst us who could fill batmans (and bruces) boots there's a vast amount of rumours floating around but who would you wanns see don the cowl and cape also who would you thinl would make a great villain "

I didn’t think he has quit just the new solo film the director wants a younger actor to play batman he is still involved with jl movies

That’s what posted on collider yday

over a year ago

"As news hits us batfans of Afflecks inevitable departure from the role the question sparks debate amongst us who could fill batmans (and bruces) boots there's a vast amount of rumours floating around but who would you wanns see don the cowl and cape also who would you thinl would make a great villain

I didn’t think he has quit just the new solo film the director wants a younger actor to play batman he is still involved with jl movies

That’s what posted on collider yday"

Yeah he's still involved in producing and assisting director but when the jla films are over hes stepping away completely

By *rbane PlayerMan
over a year ago

London

"As news hits us bat fans of Afflecks inevitable departure from the role the question sparks debate amongst us who could fill batmans (and bruces) boots there's a vast amount of rumours floating around but who would you wanns see don the cowl and cape also who would you thinl would make a great villain "

Matt Bomer would be my choice for Batman. He has the dark good looks for a decent Bruce Wayne.

As a villain, the Joker is always reliable. Would wish the films would take more of the stories from the graphic novels as the basis for a good script.

over a year ago

"As news hits us bat fans of Afflecks inevitable departure from the role the question sparks debate amongst us who could fill batmans (and bruces) boots there's a vast amount of rumours floating around but who would you wanns see don the cowl and cape also who would you thinl would make a great villain

Matt Bomer would be my choice for Batman. He has the dark good looks for a decent Bruce Wayne.

As a villain, the Joker is always reliable. Would wish the films would take more of the stories from the graphic novels as the basis for a good script."

I have heard on the batwave that the next stand alone batman film is focusing on either penguin or deathstroke as the main villain

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

The thing with batman....

Nolans batman changed how he was portrayed. Neon colours, the comic book feel all gone.

Gotham felt real, heath as the joker was inspired.

Time was spent on the story, the plot lines....

Fast forward to this horrid DC mistake (sorry but it is) and here is why...

Marvel are years ahead and suddleny they decide to play catch up... Rushing storylines, destroying comic storys in favour of cramming 7 different stories into 1 film... Bat vs superman was diabolical! From the 5 min storm in a tea cup between bat and superman to turning doomsday into a joke (seriously read the comics!)

Now taking Affleck as an older, more weathered batman.. He could a tually of pull it off but bad plot, bad story, crap cgi and being messed about all caused him to hang up the cowl.

Who could don it next? Lots of options depending on the direction they go but firstly id say to DCU is go back to the drawing board and come back with an actual plan that doesnt make all the films feel half assed and poorly thought in exchange for money.

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

What do you guys think about the new Titans trailer?

over a year ago

"Gerard Butler

Actually i wouldn't mind seeing him try an interesting choice my other go to would be tom hardy except that he's now signed up to venom "

i was thinking Tom Hardy too.

over a year ago

Just throwing this one into the mix...

How about idris elba?

over a year ago

"Clooney was to warm & likeable to be Bruce Wayne,he was a very guarded & withdrawn character, he didn't want to make connections with the general public, unless they had something that helped him. Bit of an ass really, haha. "

I could do that.., though a villain would be more fun..

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Josh Brolin?

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

"Just throwing this one into the mix...

How about idris elba?"

Yeah, I'd go with that.

Some others I've seen suggested are Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Hanks & Bill Murray, apparently strongly considered for the role by Tim Burton.

over a year ago

" I've never been a huge fan of Clooney as an actor, though recently he's done a couple of good films, but had to respect him when he apologised for the batman fiasco in a press release, made me laugh. "

Hes good in er and dusk till dawn

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

May aswell throw Mickey Route in there as well.

over a year ago

What about the guy from lucifer

over a year ago

Batman - scott eastwood or jai courtney

Alfred - idris elba

Joker - willum defoe

Poison ivy - emma watson

over a year ago

Anyone watching Gotham. The new joker should be that guy forget his name. And Sean pertwee as Alfred

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Just watched Bat man returns,

Michelle Pfeiffer as catwoman

over a year ago

I go for Sonia from Eastenders as penguin that frigging nose she's the spit of Danny devitos penguin lol

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Just watched a trailer for Joker with William Dafoe, directed by Scorcese. Looked amazing!

Obviously a fan made thing, but I'd like to see it.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"Ryan Reynolds as Bat man, filmed in the style of Deadpool... .... why not just watch deadpool?"

Because I have seen it.

If you find a film you like, do you only ever watch that film again?

No, you watch other films in a similar style or genre...

By *LT22Man
over a year ago

Teddington

Dusk till Dawn Clooney agree he was the business in that film.

over a year ago

Idris Elba

over a year ago

"Idris Elba "
good choice

over a year ago

"Idris Elba good choice"

Thank you, I think he will be perfect for the role and to create a storm over the Internet

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Idris Elba "

Ooh I like that idea

And I'd like Jensen Ackles as Robin, and Bill Skarsgard as the joker.

over a year ago

Chris pratt

over a year ago

Tom hardy cant be batman as he was already bain so that would be cheating. Kelsey grammer as alfred though or john cleese? I forget his name but the boy from stranger things / IT as robin? How about "mclovin" as penguin haha.

Cant remember what story its from in the comics but id like to see on film the one where the jokers face is being held on with belt buckles and staples and shit, would be cool

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

The marvel fan boy has entered the building

over a year ago

I wonder how long it'll be before they make an avengers vs justice league movie

By *cotsguyyMan
over a year ago

Belfast

Tom Waits? He's got the voice.

over a year ago

I have now seen who the new actor is and it will be robert pattinson, he said the he is refusing to workout for the role, so the question is, have they found the right actor for it?

over a year ago

Yh it will probs be good but not gone near it since they swapped Christian bail out for affleck, stupid move tbh

over a year ago

"Yh it will probs be good but not gone near it since they swapped Christian bail out for affleck, stupid move tbh "
I think that dwayne johnson would of also been a good choice to have.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Carl urban.

He was awesome as judge Dredd

over a year ago

"Josh Brolin? "

Good call for an older Bruce Wayne. He does moody fecker quite well!

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"Carl urban.

He was awesome as judge Dredd"

over a year ago

I wondered what the point of the question was. It's been widely known for months it's Robert Pattinson. Even got video online in the suit

over a year ago

"I wondered what the point of the question was. It's been widely known for months it's Robert Pattinson. Even got video online in the suit"

This.

over a year ago

"Yh it will probs be good but not gone near it since they swapped Christian bail out for affleck, stupid move tbh "

Affleck was the better batman, he was just in a bad movie

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"I wondered what the point of the question was. It's been widely known for months it's Robert Pattinson. Even got video online in the suit

This."

OP asked a year ago.

By *affeine DuskMan
over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Yh it will probs be good but not gone near it since they swapped Christian bail out for affleck, stupid move tbh

Affleck was the better batman, he was just in a bad movie"

I think that too. Bale wasn't incredible. Decent Bruce Wayne, poor Batman.

Post new Message to Thread