Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Name dropping

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Famous people you've actually chatted to, I'll start to give you an idea of the stars I mean.

Danny Devito, Central Park, New York 2005, sat next to me and the family at the boating lake and my son who was 5 walked up to him and said "I've seen you on telly with the terminator" (he meant the movie Twins), anyway, after a bit of a laugh we had a bit of chat, he mainly asked where we where from and how long we where staying and what we'd seen whilst in New York, a genuine nice guy and would have loved to spend more time chatting but we had to leave, anyway, I got a pic of him with my son and we left him alone.

So, who's the most famous person you've had a conversation with?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Patsy kensit behind stage after a oh whats the group name that sang alive and kicking concert

over a year ago

seventh wonder?

over a year ago

Simple Minds?

over a year ago

"Simple Minds?"

Thats them thank you

over a year ago

"Patsy kensit behind stage after a oh whats the group name that sang alive and kicking concert "

As she was once married to Jim Kerr, lead singer of Simple Minds, who sang Alive and Kicking, I'd hazard a guess you were at a Simple Minds concert.

over a year ago

Does having a wee wee next to Stuart Hall count ?

over a year ago

"Does having a wee wee next to Stuart Hall count ? "

did you chat then yes but if the moment was silent, then no

over a year ago

David Coulthard is a cousin of my wife, but not seen him for ages

over a year ago

"Patsy kensit behind stage after a oh whats the group name that sang alive and kicking concert

As she was once married to Jim Kerr, lead singer of Simple Minds, who sang Alive and Kicking, I'd hazard a guess you were at a Simple Minds concert. "

wow really I am so pleased you cleared that up for me

over a year ago

"Does having a wee wee next to Stuart Hall count ?

did you chat then yes but if the moment was silent, then no"

no talking - i was too enamoured by his vivid pink shirt with white collar

oh and i went to school / 6th form with melanie sykes (before she was attractive lol)

over a year ago

the queen ...is she famous enough....?

over a year ago

"the queen ...is she famous enough....?"

details?

over a year ago

I keep alot to myself , Princess Diana 3 times that was fab and others .And my face in local paper for mixing with some when in Norfolk was from my job .. I got to meet people was in my 20s30s and alot of fun.

over a year ago

"Patsy kensit behind stage after a oh whats the group name that sang alive and kicking concert

As she was once married to Jim Kerr, lead singer of Simple Minds, who sang Alive and Kicking, I'd hazard a guess you were at a Simple Minds concert.

wow really I am so pleased you cleared that up for me "

I'd give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money, for sure. Elementary my dear woman.

over a year ago

Also when I was 15 had a conversation with Felicity Kendal about whether to have mandarins or satsumas when I worked on fruit and veg in tesco

By *in4sumMan
over a year ago

sheffield

Big list....sorry

(used to do local crew work for venues and worked in the leadmill for 2yr)

By *nvyCouple
over a year ago

Waltham Cross

Dean had a full on row with jermaine defoe at a petrol garage and 'threatened to punch his lights out'....I'm a spurs fan so I didn't know where to put my face

over a year ago

wow really I am so pleased you cleared that up for me

I'd give Sherlock Holmes a run for his money, for sure. Elementary my dear woman. "

My excuse is just finished a 13 hr shift me brain not working

over a year ago

i met pete postlethwaite once, he was a really nice fella

over a year ago

My bro goes out on the piss with Kerry Dixon. Met him loads of times, nice enough bloke. Spoke to Chopper Harris when he was a guest speaker at a Chelsea evening and he wasn't pleased when he asked me who my favourite Chelsea player was and I replied, "Ryan Giggs."

over a year ago

my mate works for an airline so gets to meet loadsa folk

to quote him on gary barlow 'he's a dwarf'

must admit to being a teensy weensy bit jealous that he met gladys knight

have told him, if he ever gets to meet 'queen dolly' and i don't get an invite, he's dead meat

over a year ago

"the queen ...is she famous enough....?

details?"

when i was 17 i was at catering college and i worked for the day on the event the bbc were holding for their 60th anniversary .i waited on the queens table ,so iasked her if she wanted more potatoes and she said yes !! so it was a kind of conversation !!!!

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

spoke to theory of a dean man last night at gig . such lovely guys !!!! they were there for AGES meeting fans and stayed till they saw each one . obviously appricate their fans.

gosh does this make me a groupie ??hehe !

over a year ago

"Does having a wee wee next to Stuart Hall count ? "

Presenter of It's A Knockout, but what is not widely known about him is that he coined the phrase 'The Beautiful Game' when talking about football in his younger days.

over a year ago

I once saw Stevie Wonder but he didnt see me

over a year ago

And here in Norfolk i live out side a small village i have people live here and London who are very famous .

over a year ago

"the queen ...is she famous enough....?

details?

when i was 17 i was at catering college and i worked for the day on the event the bbc were holding for their 60th anniversary .i waited on the queens table ,so iasked her if she wanted more potatoes and she said yes !! so it was a kind of conversation !!!!"

Can just imagine it, "more spuds liz?"

By *ccasional Party GoersCouple
over a year ago

Gateshead

Tried chatting up Holly Golightly once in the bar on a Virgin flight to the States. Calling her Kylie after multiple Grey Goose cocktails didn't aid my cause !

By *ccasional Party GoersCouple
over a year ago

Gateshead

All time faourite was meeting with Rod Stewart after a gig in Newcastle a few years back. He's an all-time hero of mine and I was terrified he'd be an asshole - quite the opposite - really nice down to earth guy

over a year ago

First name terms with a few Olympic champions past and present and am friends with a band that have headlined glastonbury.

Once got in an argument with a motorist and realised after it was Chris eubank...

over a year ago

Russell Brand

spotted him in wolverhampton the day he was due to do a show that night

my little girl who was about 8 at the time spotted him and run over to him, he picked her up and have her a kiss on the cheek and let me take her pic with him, she loves him because my eldest watches him all the time and kid copy big sis dont they, made a right fuss when she saw him lol

despite what people think about him he was really really nice and chatted to my nipper for a good 10 mins because she was all excited to see him, then he gave her a quid to get some sweets lol

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Having worked for both Cunard and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines I have met countless well known people. At the first 'Yorkshire Business Conference' at Harewood House I worked as butler to the 'Green Room' for the speakers. They included Henry Kissinger- Secretary of State, General Sir Peter D'la Billierre- ex commander of the SAS, Maurice Sacchi-advertising, Helen Sharman- First woman in space, Rory Bremner and others who's names escape me.

A very interesting day. I had to be cleared by the C.I.A. before the event.

over a year ago

Jamie Bell, actor who played Billy Elliott, lent over to talk to me in a restaurant in Times Square. He said, ah fellow brits after I ordered our meal, and I said, yes, good to hear another british accent, are you staying in Times Square. He then told me he was because he had come over to see the stage version of Billy on Broadway. I felt such a dick for not recognising him.

To be fair he had grown up somewhat and I quickly recovered and suitably gushed 'oh my god you're Jamie Bell and you're talking to me'. He just laughed but did finish his coffee and leave shortly after. He did say enjoy your time in New York though.

over a year ago

I once chatted up the girl from Two Unlimited in a club & was doing rather well too until her minder came along & ushered her away.

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I had a cup of tea and a chat with Paul Weller a few weeks ago - I was collecting a hard drive with the masters for his latest album from his studio in Woking and taking up to Universal Records in Kensington.

It was a chilly afternoon so I was shivering when I arrived, he poked his head round the door of the mixing room, noticed I was shivering and invited me to join him and the recording crew for a cuppa.

He was a really nice genuine down to earth bloke .... so I thought it would be best not to mention how I thought that it was a shame he ever formed the Style Council

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

I went to school with a page 3 model...but not sure if that counts as a celebrity?

over a year ago

when i was around 12/13 i met Richard Branston(think thats how its spelt lol) at the bristol balloon fiesta, they were giving balloons and sweets out and missed my baby brother and sister out so he personally come up and gave them balloons he was lovely didnt like seeing the little ones left out.

over a year ago

"I once chatted up the girl from Two Unlimited in a club & was doing rather well too until her minder came along & ushered her away.

"

there's no, there's no, no, no, there's no limits to lengths people will go to !

over a year ago

Quite a few, off the top of my head.

John Major, no where near as dull in real life, actually 10 seconds in his company, you see why he became PM.

Bill Clinton, surprisingly dull.

Peter Cook, a round of golf, the funniest 4 hours ever.

Paul McCartney, OK chap.

Joss Stone, utter bitch.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Ben Elton asked me forl directions, I used to see the cast of Eastenders a lot and the bloke that plays Ian Beale in Milton Keynes.

Met a few jockeys through my dad... have a famous footballer in the family...

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Too many to mention from my days working in the music industry. Did call Beyonce a bitch though

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

Met Mike McGear (Scaffold, Paul McCartney's brother) and William Roache when I was a teenager working at Knowsley Safari Park's funfair. met Tom Baker in the Prince of Wales hotel in Southport -chatted to him at the bar. Rick Astley was in my kid sister's class at school and lived a couple of streets away from us.

over a year ago

saw Lenny Henry in sandwell hospital a few years back, some family member was in and he had gone to visit, right arrognat twat he is in real life, i was shocked i thought he'd be a nice guy

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

" met Tom Baker in the Prince of Wales hotel in Southport -chatted to him at the bar."

I met Tom Baker about 15 years ago in a pub in Corfe Castle - he was absolutely arseholed, incredibly loud and obnoxious (in a fun and entertaining way) - he ended up being asked to leave.

Around about the same time I bumped into Denis Lawson in a pub just outide of Wareham - I was a bit star struck and shouted "fucking hell it's Wedge!!"

over a year ago

Mick Jones of The Clash is an old family friend,went to school with Tim Roth,Olympic Sprinter Donovan Reid and Reggae singer Smiley Culture. Decorated the flat of David Thewlis and Anna Friel when they were together.Worked at Claudio Ranieri's home. Met Annie Lennox,Andrei Shevchenko,Lady Helen Windsor,

Nearly got run over by a speeding Princess Diana

over a year ago

"I went to school with a page 3 model...but not sure if that counts as a celebrity?

"

Depends which one?

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

I had a very breif chat with Johnathon Ross on friday.

I was filtering through traffic in Hampstead and went past a gorgeous black Morgan plus 8, I stopped and turned to compliment the driver on having such great taste in cars and it was none other than Wossy

over a year ago

I had a chat with Tony Benn at a train station (big hero of mine). I also carried Germain Grier's bags for her when I saw her struggling with them, she was very nice. I said hello to Peter Capaldi (from the thick of it) and he called me a simpering cunt and told me to fuck off, then took a photo with mre! Charming!

By *ummy mummyWoman
over a year ago

southampton-ish

Bob Mcgrath from Sesame Street(ok..grew up watching him so was a biug deal for me...lol)....Latoya Jackson-was really nice...Patrick Bruel,although at the time I was not aware exactly who he was...but my french quebec mates were going mental over him..(french actor and singer...he is very famous-just not in England....lol) when I was a teen I volenteered 3 years for the Montreal telethon on Stars and was a kind of gopher to all the celebs performing

By *peedypeteMan
over a year ago

derby

I work in motor racing so met a lot.Some of most memorable were Rowan Atkinson, Jodie Marsh, Mark Knopfler, David Essex, Justin Hawkins from the Darkness, Chris Rea, Nell McAndrew (awesome ahd lunch with her, wish it could have more),Joan Collins, George Harrison, plus a lot of football, circket, boxers and some Rugby players and most of the Grand Prix drivers over the last 30 years.

over a year ago

Lived on same road as david cameron b4 he became PM

By *ngie-babyWoman
over a year ago

huntingdonish

we have had (and still do) have some celebrities drop into our little lincolnshire pub.

jim broadbent (harry potter films

barbara dickson

robert wyatt (wild flowers)

patrick mower

gareth gates

michael foales (1st british astonaut)

swing out sister

visage (fade to grey)

ainsley herriot

david barby (antiques roadshow)

graham fellowes (jilted john)

and some others who i cant remember lol

By *aveandkate35Couple
over a year ago

telford

I once turned to my right in a pub to realise I was standing next to none other than Benny from Crossroads. Said hello but he seemed like he wanted to keep himself to himself.

I met "Ashley the vicar" in Newcastle when he was promoting fitness, I don't think many people recognised him and he also has quite a broad accent in real life, but very pleasant chap.

And my ultimate was I "touched" Stacey Solomon around this time last year when she was in the indoor ski dome at Hemel. She got a ski snagged at the top of the lift and fell over, as I was just in front of her I turned around and helped her up.... she didn't return the favour... but none the less, was incredibly nice, and down to earth - oh and a lot shorter than you think!

I then felt all star struck and like the Milk Tray man went blasting off down the slope into the distance...took out 2 boarders and ended up on my arse

While I'm scrabbling around on the snow she just swishes past....

Friend to the stars me

D

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 28/11/11 12:08:13]

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

A fair few whilst working.

Cliff Richard - Nasty piece of work

Roy Keane - A hero from Forest days

Mani & Clint Boon - Two of the coolest guys on the planet

Gordon Ramsey - Proper chap

Ian Brown - God

Stuart Pearce - Hero but a bit of a wet fish in person

over a year ago

Have had drinks with maxi jazz and the rest of faithless.

Met and had drinks with Tom morello of rage against the machine after they played Hyde park a couple of years back, both occasions went really well, Tom wouldn't let us even buy q round for him and he payed our taxi fare back to hotel!

over a year ago

Met princess Diana and prince Edward separately in Germany during gulf war one. Chatted to prince William in the uni library as I was a mature student the same time he was there.

Used to see him round St. Andrews a lot, even in Tesco's.

over a year ago

As a youngster ...Met Trevor brooking outside a pub one summers evening whilst having a meal with my folks....as i recall he was a nice guy, chatted to my brother and I for a while and left us each with his autograph

met Bob Cately at tamworth Station and had a chat about the punctuality of trains

have met a few others out and about...amazing who you meet in the most unexpected of places

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

"we have had (and still do) have some celebrities drop into our little lincolnshire pub.

barbara dickson

patrick mower

gareth gates

swing out sister

visage (fade to grey)

ainsley herriot

and some others who i cant remember lol"

shit angie you got my hopes up there for a moment - single woman - owns a pub .... where did I put grandma's engagement ring???? .... then I read the profile

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

oooh we forgot - Stan Collymore at cannock chase walking his dog

over a year ago

Princess Ann did the official opening of my salon, she has dreadful hair

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Not too bad for a reptilian shapeshifter

over a year ago

"spoke to theory of a dean man last night at gig . such lovely guys !!!! they were there for AGES meeting fans and stayed till they saw each one . obviously appricate their fans.

gosh does this make me a groupie ??hehe ! "

omfg are they over here ffs i never heard nowt proper gutted

runs to see if any more gigs left to do with fingers crossed

over a year ago

"we have had (and still do) have some celebrities drop into our little lincolnshire pub.

barbara dickson

patrick mower

gareth gates

swing out sister

visage (fade to grey)

ainsley herriot

and some others who i cant remember lol

shit angie you got my hopes up there for a moment - single woman - owns a pub .... where did I put grandma's engagement ring???? .... then I read the profile "

awwww ... gutted .... how much will a divorce cost lol

over a year ago

I once lived in brighton next door to ken livingstones weekend house as he called it..... And he used to chat over garden wall about him and his hobby of collecting newts..... Strange but very true lol

over a year ago

during a short stint of un employment ... i took a job as a taxi driver ... claim to fame on that was i was the one who took peter shilton home after his car crash and car sex with a girl who was not his wife .... this was when we lived in notts many years ago

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Rick Astley once bought me a pint is that any good?

I didn't buy him one back.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Had a brief chat with Princess Anne once.

Took Rutger Hauer canoeing for a day.

Did close protection for that welsh fashion designer bloke, cant remember his name, but he pissed the tree-hugging foxy-woxy lovers off by saying somethin about using real fur, and at a charity do where loads of celebs did the runway model thing, I had to shadow him.

Actually had to look after the bags of clothes after, two huge laundry bags full.... I thought he was joking when I asked how much they were worth... and he said "About 2 million, give or take", but he told me later that he was serious!!!

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

my self apparently im a very good conversationlist

over a year ago

Mrs Squirell has met:

Vinnie Jones, asked her to his bedroom in a hotel-she didn't go!

Jo Kinnear, gave her his footie shirt and tickets to a match.

John Schneider(Bo off Dukes of Hazzard)-very nice guy.

We both drove to Sheffield to meet Toadie from Neighbours, got his autograph and drove home!!

Both met Face and Murdoch from The A Team- really nice guys.

Dempsey and Makepeace.

Sven Goran Erikson- Mrs met when he was City Manager.

Mrs met Stuart Pearce lots of times and always has a chat.

Sam Allardyce in Manchester- Bit of a tosser.

Mrs met Nicolas Anelka, who is her favourite.

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

Sat on the same table with colin Mcrae at a prize giving. you know what we included him in our round of drinks all night and not once did he buy one!! mind you he is from Scotland

By *teborahCouple
over a year ago

warrington

Used to work security in a nice Hotel in Warrington and met a few faces, a lot of football clubs stayed there when playing merseyside clubs. Even watched Wimbledons coach get burned out in the car park the night before they played Everton Also had a few drinks on a few occasions with Stevo off Sky Sports as they are always there also. Oh yeah and Ashley of Corrie has bought me a drink also

over a year ago

Nacho Novo (Glasgow Rangers footballer)used to come into my place of work all the time. Sold him a few nice things. Lovely bloke. Wee though.

Couple of the Scotland Today newsreaders too used to come in. Wee blether to them too. All lovely.

over a year ago

"

So, who's the most famous person you've had a conversation with?"

Im not going to brag but i have and i am friends with a few famous people x

By *obletonMan
over a year ago

"

awwww ... gutted .... how much will a divorce cost lol"

I'll tell Angie you said that Michael

over a year ago

I was lucky enough to spend a day with Emlyn Hughes a couple of years before he sadly passed away. He was so down to earth and great company

I've also spoke to Fern Britton and Phil Vickery. I've met many other famous folk but wouldn't say I have had a conversation with them.

By *earhugs1Couple
over a year ago

Glasgow

Met Tony Blair (charismatic),Liam Gallagher (surprisingly pleasant) and jamelia (lovely,lovely girl) thru work.

Have also met big John Hartson,and Mikes bumped into him a few times down in wales. A big hero of mine and an absolute gent. K x

over a year ago

met robbie williams at a vip party in newcastle.

over a year ago

am not name dropping. but i do have a ex partner on here who keeps name dropping by telling peops i was part of a joint profile with him am not even famous

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Archbishop Desmond Tutu... Do I win!!!!

over a year ago

Sat with Frank Bruno at Hong Kong aiport whilst waiting for a delayed flight back to the UK

Carl Fogarty was a regular when I managed an Off Licence in Blackburn, he was really loely

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

My wedding reception party had many 'names' from the music industry as guests.....my husband worked for a well known music publication at the time and counted many 'names' amongst his friends.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"David Coulthard is a cousin of my wife, but not seen him for ages"

omg!!! i LOVE DC, i have a cut out of him behind my wardrobe

over a year ago

"Sat with Frank Bruno at Hong Kong aiport whilst waiting for a delayed flight back to the UK

C"

Are you sure it wasn't Frankie Dettori, sorry I always get those mixed up, so does Frank.

Sorry very sick joke!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i turn to a jbbering wreck if i see anyone remotely famous

made a right tit of mysef in from of some worcester warriors players at the cinema a couple of months ago!!!

over a year ago

"i turn to a jbbering wreck if i see anyone remotely famous

made a right tit of mysef in from of some worcester warriors players at the cinema a couple of months ago!!!"

Sorry

Who are the Worcester Warriors.

over a year ago

I'm glad someone mentioned Frank Bruno... it reminded me that I creosoted his paddock fences for charity about 8 years ago.

Nice bloke, even though it was only a short while after he'd been sectioned.

Was solid muscle too, despite being into his 40s at that point.

over a year ago

saw a certain queen of the jungle hoovering at a party once

over a year ago

"I'm glad someone mentioned Frank Bruno... it reminded me that I creosoted his paddock fences for charity about 8 years ago.

Nice bloke, even though it was only a short while after he'd been sectioned.

Was solid muscle too, despite being into his 40s at that point."

Was 1994 when u met him, not long after his defeat by Oliver McCall

By *ones_BoothCouple
over a year ago

Solihull

We in security so quite a few, last week lots of UFC fighters, previously a stroppy model who is always in court, boy bands who recently regrouped, red carpet stars lke the one who does coffee machines etc

xxx

over a year ago

Met and sat next to Chesney from Corrie in M and S in Bury recently

By *rystal Tipps - AlistairCouple
over a year ago

livingston

Many years ago i have met, Rick Wakeman, Rolf Harris along with many sports stars, think the best one has to be big Robbie Coltrane.

over a year ago

Percy Thrower

Emile Ford

Ray Readon

Buster blood vessel from bad manners

Princess Margret

J C Bamford

Jackie Trent (Tony hatches ex wife)

xx

over a year ago

Ray Winston

And used to, gd morning, daily to Tony Green,(darts) "yaa alright tone, yeah you alright tone" lol

over a year ago

Worked in Security most of my life and met a few coming through Glasgow....

Plus just about every Glasgwegian celebrity there is out there........

Also got a few famous relations too

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

David Essex

Rik Mayall

George Best

Duchess of Kent

Status Quo

Robin Gibb

Quiet a few of the cast of Coronation street in the late 70s

over a year ago

had a few drinking eves with Martin Ace (Man) in my student days.

over a year ago

Many years ago in my misspent youth I snogged Paul Kossoff when Free played at Durham Uni.

By *errible_TwoCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I was in peak practice and also a making of whythering hights I've also met Kevin Webster and martin platt from corrie and seth from emerdale moved his car for my dad to park when I was younger worked with lots of page 3 girls and my fella looked after the artic monkeys

over a year ago

"Many years ago in my misspent youth I snogged Paul Kossoff when Free played at Durham Uni."

yaaaay good on yer, memories are made of this

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/12/11 18:03:55]

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/12/11 18:05:16]

over a year ago

"Many years ago in my misspent youth I snogged Paul Kossoff when Free played at Durham Uni.

yaaaay good on yer, memories are made of this "

Made even better by the fact that not only was I much too young to be there, but I had got in via an open fire door. Because I was being squashed at the front he got me on the stage & sat me on a speaker for the whole gig. Nearest I ever came to being a groupie lol

over a year ago

great eh, takes me back, loved those days was always out at gigs.

over a year ago

oooooooooo and a very tasty rock band guy from a couple on here who shall be nameless

and we did more than chat.

over a year ago

Spoke to David Beckham countless times.

And also numerous other Premier League Footballers.

over a year ago

"Spoke to David Beckham countless times.

And also numerous other Premier League Footballers."

yaaa yer just a goaldigger!!!

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

i once said to,frank sinatra,dean martin,and jfk.

i so hate name droppers.

over a year ago

"Spoke to David Beckham countless times.

And also numerous other Premier League Footballers.

yaaa yer just a goaldigger!!!"

The first time was back in 2002, but he was obviously still massive. I had just started in the Agency and went to Old Trafford as we had a Man Utd player on our books.

The other time was at a Sports Charity bash.

Post new Message to Thread